Photo

Pleasantly Surprised!

35 replies to this topic
ShanksMcShankly
  • ShanksMcShankly

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

I had the day off yesterday and had the chance to jump online at around 11 am pst.

I was put into a session with maybe ten other players that were all scattered about. I figured it would be pretty mellow until people start running into each other. I've gotten used to being pretty defensive in GTAO but I still don't like shooting first. I usually prefer to duck and cover to see what their intentions are.

I had just parked and was getting out of my car to walk into Ponsonby's to buy some new threads when I noticed a player had pulled up right next to me. I freaked out for a second but then I realized he was just chilling honking his horn. He prolly wanted to hang out but I needed to get some things so I just waved and went in the store. When I was shopping he was in the store doing donuts on his bike so I couldn't get the rest of my outfit. No worries though. He just bailed and so did I. No Drama!

Then I was just driving down the street and I saw some blips coming my way. I prepared to defend myself but when they got close I just saw a couple of guys driving some sweet cars. They didn't try to ram me or blast out the window for no reason. I honked. They honked. It was cool.

As I continued driving around town taking care of some "errands". I came across a couple guys in killer super cars at an intersection doing burnouts. So I pulled up next to them in my Futo and start burning out too. They invited me to their race but I totally suck at accepting invites in time.

It was such a pleasant surprise to sign onto a session that isn't all ridiculous with people talking all sorts of ebonic hood smack and blasting everything in sight for no good reason. Then I realized it was a Wendesday morning before all the kids got out of school. That was confirmed when I signed on later that afternoon and all the dumb yolo swag kids were squeeking everywhere and there were explosions left and right.

I know that Rockstar are actively trying to find ways to seperate types of players. I just wish there was a way they could base it all on maturity and human standards of decency.

Have you had any really good sessions lately?

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

It's been a while.

Last great session we managed to get 10 people to cooperate long enough for us all to load into the black jet at Sandy Shores. Then we all parachuted out...

Then we did it again in the Titan. Keep in mind this was a public session.

• ShanksMcShankly likes this

SGra5829
  • SGra5829

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

Had a bounty and a random came up to me in a chopper, landed and let me get in. He flew around while I shot at the white dots chasing us.....was fun

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

I just left a session because every person was over level 150 and just nonstop griefing each other with spawn kills for 30 minutes.

I only stayed because I was sending muggers while watching on my tv. it was just funny as hell to see someone level 202 being poked and falling down. then screaming over the mic where the hell did that come from?

• saintsrow, ShanksMcShankly and Horndog_SA like this

BloodRedSpark
  • BloodRedSpark

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

I was driving around with my Feltzer once, and a guy in a white Enfinity began following me very closely. I was worried, and tried to shake him off, only to find that he followed me everywhere. I would drive off bridges, almost drive into the water, and other things. He didn't shoot at me once, and eventually I stopped at my apartment. Another guy had been following -him- and doing what he had been doing, later on. After I stopped, the third guy left, and the guy in the Enfinity waited for me to start moving, and then we switched roles and I followed him around for a bit, before we stopped and split ways.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 14 November 2013 - 07:29 PM.

@OP.. how can we be sure you are not an alien? :p That seems so much like alternate reality.

Maybe there is hope after all...

withonion
  • withonion

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:53 PM Edited by withonion, 14 November 2013 - 07:53 PM.

I had the day off yesterday and had the chance to jump online at around 11 am pst.

I was put into a session with maybe ten other players that were all scattered about. I figured it would be pretty mellow until people start running into each other. I've gotten used to being pretty defensive in GTAO but I still don't like shooting first. I usually prefer to duck and cover to see what their intentions are.

I had just parked and was getting out of my car to walk into Ponsonby's to buy some new threads when I noticed a player had pulled up right next to me. I freaked out for a second but then I realized he was just chilling honking his horn. He prolly wanted to hang out but I needed to get some things so I just waved and went in the store. When I was shopping he was in the store doing donuts on his bike so I couldn't get the rest of my outfit. No worries though. He just bailed and so did I. No Drama!

Then I was just driving down the street and I saw some blips coming my way. I prepared to defend myself but when they got close I just saw a couple of guys driving some sweet cars. They didn't try to ram me or blast out the window for no reason. I honked. They honked. It was cool.

As I continued driving around town taking care of some "errands". I came across a couple guys in killer super cars at an intersection doing burnouts. So I pulled up next to them in my Futo and start burning out too. They invited me to their race but I totally suck at accepting invites in time.

It was such a pleasant surprise to sign onto a session that isn't all ridiculous with people talking all sorts of ebonic hood smack and blasting everything in sight for no good reason. Then I realized it was a Wendesday morning before all the kids got out of school. That was confirmed when I signed on later that afternoon and all the dumb yolo swag kids were squeeking everywhere and there were explosions left and right.

I know that Rockstar are actively trying to find ways to seperate types of players. I just wish there was a way they could base it all on maturity and human standards of decency.

Are you sure you were playing GTAO? I ask because for me it seems all I ever get put in is a lobby of retards who think it is great fun to apartment spawnkill and grief you for even daring to drive down a street they just might be on.

• saintsrow likes this

SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

I had a decent game a few nights ago. I mean, we were all killing each other, but there were about 12 of us at the airfield in the middle of the map and we were constantly shooting each other down in dogfights and fending off cops. I lost about $10,000 from dying so many times, but god it was surprisingly fun to be in that all-out war. Plus there was a guy flying around in a fighter jet buzzing the airfield, shooting down police choppers and playing Mr. Air Force on the guys flying around...managed to dodge his missiles in my Extra 300 for nearly ten minutes before he finally got lucky and shot me down...luckily I had a parachute, so he didn't quite win :evilgrin:

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'll go into some servers with a 9k bounty and everybody(3 others) just doesn't seem to notice. It's always good to check the kill feed before stepping outside. If its quiet and there's white dots in close proximity you're probably good to go.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

Going on during the day on weekdays seems to be a great time to find people who don't just randomly kill.

Try going on a session during the weekend, it's f*cking horrible

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

I've encountered several sessions like this. It seems that it only takes 1 bad apple to turn a lobby into crap. 1 person spawn killing someone else then that person gets pissed and starts also killing everything in sight after all a white dot is a white dot. 

Then it snowballs. You then jump into a session where its a full on war.

I went into a lobby that had 3 tanks and two jets. I went into my apartment and watched it all from tv was entertaining.

Cham Sonar
  • Cham Sonar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

I nearly always have a better time of it if I hang around in the far northern parts of the map around Blaine County. You run into less people, but people you do run into are usually more interested in just driving around and hanging.

The only time people piss me off is when I come back from a mission with someone thinking we've sort of bonded (especially if it is a very tough cooperative mission) and they then proceed to shoot me the moment we both spawn back in. Kind of makes me sad.

• ShanksMcShankly, Kontoxis and Ros like this

ShanksMcShankly
  • ShanksMcShankly

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

I nearly always have a better time of it if I hang around in the far northern parts of the map around Blaine County. You run into less people, but people you do run into are usually more interested in just driving around and hanging.

The only time people piss me off is when I come back from a mission with someone thinking we've sort of bonded (especially if it is a very tough cooperative mission) and they then proceed to shoot me the moment we both spawn back in. Kind of makes me sad.

This is by far the worst situation. I always come out of missions wanting to chill and get a drink right after we fight. When someone just goes straight to the spawn kills, it really shows the kind of person they are. Very sad indeed =(

• Ros likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Haeveeh Musheenguhn!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

Man, I'd really appreciate to meet kind people too. I mean, I've been encountering butthurt kids who kept killing me for no reason, or even ran away from Survival Mode because he was killed for once. He sure was noisy as hell too.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

It's been a while.

Last great session we managed to get 10 people to cooperate long enough for us all to load into the black jet at Sandy Shores. Then we all parachuted out...

Then we did it again in the Titan. Keep in mind this was a public session.

was this on ps3? i may have been the pilot of the titan lol

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

us 9 to 5'ers are screwed.. 

This is by far the worst situation. I always come out of missions wanting to chill and get a drink right after we fight. When someone just goes straight to the spawn kills, it really shows the kind of person they are. Very sad indeed =(

i never vote after a mission.. i always quit out and go to my own free roam or find a new mission after.. once was enough for me to learn my lesson..  i also recently created a new character and right after the race this one guy tries to kill us.. but its still a mission.  he eventually killed the other guy but i put on passive mode after geralds mission 

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

I've actually had a couple of great sessions lately, compared to what I'm used to. Over the last two weekends when I've been playing non-stop, I met almost entirely nice people. Maybe I've been lucky, but it could also be because many of the assholes are in bad sport lobbies now. 

• Ros likes this

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

-and then you woke up.

Seriously though...how lucky were you that you had an entire server full of players that were friendly AND randies?

• saintsrow likes this

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

I just think that GTAO should have a posse feature like RDR.

So you can invite people into your 'posse and friendly fire will be turned off for everyone that's accepted, which means you can't hurt each other.

This would not only help with the chaos in free roam, but also fix some issues about unintentional friendly fire.
For instance when I'm robbing a store with a friend, and while we're spamming RT to shoot at the wall, one of us will accidentally pistol whip the other, killing them instantly.
It's just bad controller layout. I really wish they'd fix that.

• A J likes this

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

For instance when I'm robbing a store with a friend, and while we're spamming RT to shoot at the wall, one of us will accidentally pistol whip the other, killing them instantly.

yes...that thing....ALL OF MY HATE!

• AzraelX likes this

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

I had an epic session today, actually. My very first.
There were about 6 of us. I was invited into a strip club. Upon my arrival I noticed that the strip club is filled with dead hookers. Every single one.
Anyway, 6 of us stayed inside, laughing our asses off (we had some really funny guys), and killing any asshole that came to kill us.
Then we stormed the military base, and other people joined. I think there were 10 of us getting jets and hanging around the military base in the end.

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

I just left a session because every person was over level 150 and just nonstop griefing each other with spawn kills for 30 minutes.

I only stayed because I was sending muggers while watching on my tv. it was just funny as hell to see someone level 202 being poked and falling down. then screaming over the mic where the hell did that come from?

lol, thats sh*t funny, i was also in a session last night with guys going crazy just blowing sh*t up and not doing much but warfare so i decided to go home, i sent the mercenaries, muggers and set bounties on people and just watched, it does make one laugh their nuts off seeing the mugger take on a over 100 level player and knocking him down lmfao! i must have spent $100000 on that last night but f*ck was it worth it ha ha

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Yesterday, there were two guys I came across in bright fully modded sports cars, and as I pulled up they honked. And I honked back. They took off so I went alongside them, trying hard not to pass them (I was in an Infernus). One went into LSC, the other one hung outside with me. We beeped a couple times, then did some donuts.

It was at this point we sat there for maybe 10 seconds, waiting for the guy to come out, when suddenly I see his arm go out his window. I just instinctively hit the gas, and the acceleration came in handy; he tossed a sticky bomb that missed me by an inch. It detonated as it was about to hit the ground, so this all happened in under a second.

Of course, he tried to make a run for it, speeding out of the parking lot while dropping grenades behind him. I guess he hasn't been in enough races, because the first thing I did upon getting alongside him was PIT him. And then shot him in the face. And then spawnkilled him 6 times until his friend finally came out of LSC and sped up to pick the guy up, and they went and hid in his apartment.

It seems like no one can resist the urge to pull the trigger when they think there won't be consequences. Thank god for the police in real life. This is why every meeting online turns into bombs and bloodshed.

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

I went on a server yesterday and holed up at one of the constructions sights trying to sustain a 5 star wanted level. There were 5 other people up around Vinewood, all in the same crew. None of them ever ventured closer than 2 blocks from me. 

By the time I died all but one of them had left. He was over by one of the survival icons, on the east side of the city. I got on a bike and zipped over there, slowing as I got within a few hundred yards and repeatedly honking the clown horn.  I stopped maybe 50 yards away, he came around a pile of junk and also stopped and honked, then he took off.

I sped after him, followed him through the city, all over the place. After a few minutes another person joined the session. I went toward him, caught up to him near the Ponsonby's in the center of town, honked. He stopped, honked back, then went inside.

It was eerie meeting two people in a row that didn't try to kill me. And I was on an Akuma, no less. Either of them could have easily rammed me as I was speeding along next to and around them. 

Of course the next server I joined had what sounded like an entire pack of 7 year olds riding around killing everything in sight, but it was a nice break from that norm.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

Find yourself a good crew with a decent amount of members, and wave goodbye to the 12 year olds...

speaking of which, feel free to join us! http://socialclub.ro...w/pinknstinkinc

all mature players, just having a good time, helping each other out on missions, doing random things together (BMX griding, putting tanks on buildings)

Tell 'em Venom sent you!

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

us 9 to 5'ers are screwed.. 

i never vote after a mission.. i always quit out and go to my own free roam or find a new mission after.. once was enough for me to learn my lesson..  i also recently created a new character and right after the race this one guy tries to kill us.. but its still a mission.  he eventually killed the other guy but i put on passive mode after geralds mission 

that's why I used to create an invite only session then start missions from the join job bit, when job was over I was back in my session all alone.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

I was in one session where there were 5 or 6 Coquettes outside the Eclipse apartments doing burnouts.  I got really curious so I approached them and they didn't do anything, figuring they were some racing crew.  I thought it was pretty sweet until this Sandking came out of nowhere and threw a single sticky, blowing everyone up and earning himself a dunce cap.

He was probably under the age of 12.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

-and then you woke up.

Seriously though...how lucky were you that you had an entire server full of players that were friendly AND randies?

:^: EXACTLY what I was going to say :colgate: "And then the OP woke up from his dream."  But seriously, it is heartwarming to hear about good experiences in GTA0. 

The last public session I dropped into, a couple of hours ago, I started getting shot even before the session join blur was finished.  I logged out immediately, and I actually think I avoided getting killed for a change.  Another day of GTA0.  :/

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

I have been having some super friendly sessions with randoms. Yesterday I honked at a guy in his adder and I was in adder we drove around at full speed and saw 2 more guys following us in their sport cars.. we all hanged around for a while doing burnouts and stuff and out of nowhere this Jet came in full speed almost touching our cars shooting missiles (not at us) giving the shaky effect to the screen and just flew away and came back again and did the same. It was a great moment. 

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

if rockstar ditches the Passive mode system and adopts non-pvp and pvp server systems like RDR, this will be a possible norm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users