GTA Online - Next Gen - Conspiracy Theory

4 replies to this topic
esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

Brad Pitt is a Basterd

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Tried to look for this in the search but to no luck. If anyone has already discussed this, please forgive me.

Now, lets get down to it. Rock* has had access to the next gen's for a while now. Way before GTAV was ever released. So why not go to next gen. Probably alot less stress (because the game was so large in size) on the console itself. But I'm no expert on this. But I know I will get M.D.'ed on the subject I'm sure.

Do you think GTA stayed current gen just so we would keep our current gen consoles plugged in? Atleast in my case, when the next gens gets released, my current gen console was going in the closet. But now I have to keep it out just for GTAV. Smart move on Rock* and the console gods to keep current gen going.

Is it something else? Graphic complications? To hard of a transition to next gen? Please, some thoughts.

p.s. - I don't mind getting M.D.'ed, so feel free with no hard feelings. LOL :)

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Number 1 reason why this is on current gen is the fact that Playstation 3 have over 80 million units sold and Xbox 360 around 79-80 millions.

Rockstar could not afford to skip releasing a new GTA on this generations consoles, plus they probably already begun working on V before they got their dev kit for next gen. We will probably have V on next gen within 6-12 months, tho I think it will be the online part only.
  • Gunner Eleven likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Not to mention development on GTAV began probably concurrently with the release/end of development of GTAIV, putting the start of development at least 5 years ago, in 2008.

Now, bear in mind, from my experience at EA, Microsoft and Sony only started sending their devkits out to developers circa late 2011. So GTAV would have been 3 years in development, which is a long ass time, before finally getting access to the new hardware. Despite what many gamers seem to think, developing for multiple platforms/changing platforms mid production, specially on a game with as huge a scale as GTAV, is tremendouly difficult and usually suicide.

So yeah, it was never in their plans to "port it" to the new generations. The framework is completely different, and it's not as direct a port as people tend to think.

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

I have a theory that we will see GTA Online for next gen. It will be a free 2 play game.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

Brad Pitt is a Basterd

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 15 November 2013 - 06:30 PM.

I totally think they will eventually bring GTA Online to next gen. I'm thinking holiday of 14' season. That thing will probably be like 50 gb download. I seen some of the game download size for next gen consoles already and I was like "WOW". They should have made them 1 TB instead of 500 GB next gen consoles. The games alone will be enough, not counting updates and dlc as well. I'm starting to wonder how big the blu rays will be to download now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users