Photo

Cool things you didn't know about.

2,365 replies to this topic
D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

Don't hate, appreciate.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:14 PM Edited by D3ADSH0T, 17 June 2014 - 08:18 PM.

Man, I know this game is detailed but something I experienced just now, was just amazing!

Ok so u guys know the Therapist missions right? I played "Evil" just now right after I finished, "Did somebody say yoga?" Guess what Michael said, he started mentioning that his son Jimmy drugged him, that he tried to kill the yoga teacher and that he was busy planning the boat heist with Trevor!

Now I've done it quite a few times in the past and heard quite a few of these stuff but wow!

I was just amazed at how specific he was. I wonder if there's one after every mission in the game. It just makes me realize how big GTA V really is and this is one of the reasons why it has long development times. They're obsessed with the smallest sh*t lol! Well played R*, well played!

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:29 PM Edited by Ronzilla187, 17 June 2014 - 08:32 PM.

I noticed a few Fleeca banks in SP are now open. You can enter them, and NPCs can be seen inside some of them. I played the story 3 times and never noticed this. Forgive me if this is old news.

Edit: oops sorry, it's FLEECA*

Is there anyway I can edit the title?

Perfect Blade xD
  • Perfect Blade xD

North Yankton

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

They were open from the start.

Beanee
  • Beanee

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

Thetws a random crate in the alturist camp that turns green to red when collided with. I don't know what relevance this has, probably something overlooked by r*

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

Thetws a random crate in the alturist camp that turns green to red when collided with. I don't know what relevance this has, probably something overlooked by r*

I think its explode-able. Can't remember though.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

If you go to the hood camera and turn the camera around to look at the player, they look more angry as they drive faster.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

If you go to the hood camera and turn the camera around to look at the player, they look more angry as they drive faster.

Probably they're in the 'focus' mood.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

Franklin sounds desperate after driving Tonya over.
Made me actually feel bad after i accidentally her after she was trashtalking about F&M.

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

Apparently, if you're Franklin in the 'hood and you get run over by a car, gangbangers will run to the car, pull the person out and beat them to death.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

[GTA0 only]

If you buy any of the new skinny jeans, unlike the other old ones, you can wear boots normally with them. In the old jeans' case, equipping/wearing boots will remove the jeans and puts you in a sports pants.

• Danny-Vain likes this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

The level of detail truley is amazing . I was Michael hanging out with franklin. A random cop chase happens nearby. And Michaels says I was getting jumpy there I thought those sirens were for us. Amazing stuff
  • GTAglezga likes this

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

dropping vehicles onto policemen and police cars with a cargobob does not trigger a wanted level.

picking up an occupied emergency vehicle with the cargobob does trigger a wanted level.

picking up an occupied firetruck, the firemen will use the water cannon to attack the cargobob. 

• ten-a-penny and chrisscorsese88 like this

pedinhuh
  • pedinhuh

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:57 PM Edited by pedinhuh, 22 June 2014 - 12:48 AM.

Tonya is actually a prostitute, if you are playing as F while her mission is available and switch to M or T(assuming they are close enough for her to spawn) and get close to her while in a car she offers her "services", I'm not sure if you can bang her though, have to check that out(by that I mean having to start a new game and that sucks)

In GTA:O if you happen to be driving a PV that is stored in garage that is very far away from where you respawn and you quit/change session your PV will be close to where you respawn, I honestly think that is pretty neat because the garage where my favorite car(which is the one I use to drive around) is very far away from my apartment.
(If you want to do that keep in mind that your PV is vulnerable and can be destroyed by other players, so having your PV insured is advisable)

Many secondary characters that you can kill in the story may still post on Lifeinvader and Bleet as if they were alive(very big oversight right there, R*)

None of the cars in Legendary Motorsport dealer actually achieve the top speed claimed by the website, their maximum top speed is 150mph(you can reach higher speeds with F's special ability), that is probally due to hardware restraints.

Cars with big powered engines such as the Blade, Dominator and Bucaneer actually "shake" when you rev them.

You can hit a NPC by throwing the tennis ball at them, by doing that they become agressive and may start a fight with Franklin, if that happens Chop will attack them(I love doing that!).

If you stop your car under a overpass or tunnel you will notice the sound of the radio will fade a little and lose quality, however it will not become static as it was once claimed by some gaming websites.

When driving around Paleto Bay or the main highway you might spot some Saddlers driving with boats/jet skis attached to them, throw those trucks in the water and the jet ski/boat will float, then you can use them to navigate the sea.

After the I'm not a hipster" DLC the effects of getting drunk/high lasts a little longer, I heard its also possible to pass out if you drink/smoke pot too much.

Spoilers fitted to your car at LSC actually IMPROVES handling by generating downforce(any kind of spoiler gives the same amount of improvement, no need to ruim the lookof your exotic ride by putting those ricer looking spoilers, unless you're into that).

The type of wheel that you put in your car may affect it's handling because they change the type of tyre too, I.E.: Muscle car wheels makes the car prone to oversteer on curves but you can manage it to pull out some sweet drifts, Tuner wheels improves handling on tarmac/asphalt, Off Road wheels improve handling and overall perfomance on dirt tracks but drastically sacrifices handling on asphalt(it's better to fit those tyres only on Off Road vehicles and use them for off roading only), Sports car wheels are the most balanced ones.

After using any car for a period of time, if you go to secluded area and tune up the volume of your TV, you can hear the "ticking" sounds of car's engine cooling down.

That Peach girl in the Vanilla Unicorn strip club is a tranny O.o

• voyager, jamieleng, ten-a-penny and 4 others like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

The skyscrapers have moving lifts that can be seen outside.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:12 AM Edited by voyager, 22 June 2014 - 02:13 AM.

None of the cars in Legendary Motorsport dealer actually achieve the top speed claimed by the website, their maximum top speed is 150mph(you can reach higher speeds with F's special ability), that is probally due to hardware restraints.

Cars with big powered engines such as the Blade, Dominator and Bucaneer actually "shake" when you rev them.

you can't trust any numbers involved with speed in this game. social club max speeds don't match single player stats. stats from single player don't match reported speeds for cars or for game files. measuring distance in the game is wonky - the distance recorded in stats don't match linear measurement in the map - so even if you mark off a distance in-game, time a drive through it, and do the math to convert between real-time seconds to game seconds, you won't come up with a speed that matches any stats. the whole measurement system is inconsistent. 

so yeah, 150mph is every bit as much a total BS number as the 128mph my game says i topped out at -- in a car that has a lower top speed than many others i've maxed out on the freeway. 

the 'shaking' in some cars is torque-steer. if a cars engine is mounted transverse to the axles and it has a lot of low-end torque, revving the engine creates inertia in the engine that's damped by the chassis - resulting in twisting opposite the direction of the motor revolution. in actual drag-built cars with inline 6 & 8 cyl engines it's a big issue - same with ford's focus st, an inline 5. ever drive one? slam on the gas an it wants to pull you off the side of the road - you really have to fight the steering wheel to drive. a v or w shaped motor is better balanced and doesn't have the same issue to such a degree. 

it's a really cool detail to have built that into the physics models of the classic hot rods, which should all have big displacement inline motors. 

what's missing when compared to reality is that these cars should twist violently to the left or right when you slam on the gas - same torque steer that twists the car when it's parked and you rev it should pull the car out of a straight line when it's in motion.

i guess R* was smart enough to know how much people would complain about their "annoying realism" if they'd done that. 

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:27 AM Edited by voyager, 22 June 2014 - 02:29 AM.

Spoilers fitted to your car at LSC actually IMPROVES handling by generating downforce(any kind of spoiler gives the same amount of improvement, no need to ruim the lookof your exotic ride by putting those ricer looking spoilers, unless you're into that).

have you confirmed that at all? how? 

because i have been laughing since day 1 at the joke R* played making ridiculous looking wings available as mods, but adding them producing zero affect on the car's traction stat.

same goes for lowering suspension (wish we could raise suspension) -- there is no change to the car's traction stat or any noticeable difference in handling (that i've noticed, anyway) -- all lowering a car and/or adding lip spoilers does is make it much more difficult (or impossible) to drive over a curb, and much more likely that you'll tear up the front end of the car if you do manage to get it over that 3 inch change in elevation. 

it's a big joke on ricers -- or so i thought? 

are you the sort of guy that puts a big wing on the back of your front-wheel-drive honda? or am i missing a subtle difference? 

Chorizombie
  • Chorizombie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:15 AM

If you let your character idle, it will enter in a 1st person view and focus the camera on passing women (as Trevor) it will then zoom in to their breasts and ass.

Female peds in bikini actually have jiggly tits, they bounce according to their size as they walk by. Just found out after 9 months playing. You need to enter idle mode to notice the bounce.
  • GTA564 likes this

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

GTA III is love, GTA III is life.

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:36 AM

Michael, Franklin or Trevor will comment on random police chases going on. I heard Franklin say "For once it ain't us, man." and later when playing as Trevor: "Altleast that ain't us."
  • GTA564 and LightningLord411 like this

EpicPonyMuffins
  • EpicPonyMuffins

Is waiting for November 18th.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

Michael, Franklin or Trevor will comment on random police chases going on. I heard Franklin say "For once it ain't us, man." and later when playing as Trevor: "Altleast that ain't us."

It's like they talk to the Player.

• Cakelover21 and LightningLord411 like this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

I've only heard them comment that once, and I was walking chop so I assumed F was talking to him

ForJagler
  • ForJagler

Hail Talos!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

Excuse me if this has been said but, if you break a car's window you can throw a sticky bomb inside of the interior. Pretty hilarious traps in online.

• ten-a-penny and Trevorphilipjfry like this

bobo081093
  • bobo081093

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

You can rob Ammunations and clothing stores by shooting the cash registers

• voyager and ten-a-penny like this

MartinMadrazo
  • MartinMadrazo

I have a job for you come In-game NOW!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

You can ignite Jerry can trails by revving your car, with the exhaust over the trail.

MartinMadrazo
  • MartinMadrazo

I have a job for you come In-game NOW!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

If you shave Trevors hair it will grow back over the course of the game. Not sure about other characters.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

- During the mission ''Monkey Bussiness'' you can notice soldiers will be wearing Mask Gas suggesting that the lethal weapon is airbone.

- SWAT operatives will tell you to drop your weapon before they shoot you when you're in their sights, however we don't have the option to.

- Internally the protagonists are know as:

- Player Zero (Michael)

- Player One (Franklin)

- Player Two (Trevor)

- On the road to the Humane Labs research center there is a small security house with a group of armed men in suit (Note: They are not FIB) and ocassionaly a construction worker, passing there with a wanted level will rarely make a Merryweather operative bust out of the building and chase you along with the men in suit.

- Police officers will honk at you with a normal car horn instead of the air horn the Interceptor is equipped with.

• ten-a-penny, Wayne Kerr, LightningLord411 and 1 other like this

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

if you manage to park a protagonist's vehicle on top of an NPC's vehicle, the NPC becomes agitated. agitated NPC drivers either get out and run away, get out and try to attack you (that's pretty funny in itself if you are parked on top of their car and they can't reach you) or they will drive recklessly away.

if they drive recklessly with you parked on top of them, your protag's special ability bar will recharge whenever the NPC beneath you is driving in the wrong lane or at top speed.
(a motorcycle isn't the only possible vehicle to do this with, but by far the easiest) 

likewise, for example Franklin parked in a vehicle on top of the train or tram will have his special ability recharge by virtue of the train or tram's motion. 

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

GTA III is love, GTA III is life.

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

if you manage to park a protagonist's vehicle on top of an NPC's vehicle, the NPC becomes agitated. agitated NPC drivers either get out and run away, get out and try to attack you (that's pretty funny in itself if you are parked on top of their car and they can't reach you) or they will drive recklessly away.
if they drive recklessly with you parked on top of them, your protag's special ability bar will recharge whenever the NPC beneath you is driving in the wrong lane or at top speed.
(a motorcycle isn't the only possible vehicle to do this with, but by far the easiest) 

likewise, for example Franklin parked in a vehicle on top of the train or tram will have his special ability recharge by virtue of the train or tram's motion. 

This reminded me of another thing...if you see and NPC with a boat you can jump on it and get in the boat and let the NPC drive you around. It wont always work though.

waikzguy8998
  • waikzguy8998

Desert Rat

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

When you find NPC's grilling in their backyards, shoot the propane tank and it goes BOOM

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

While holding down the button to aim down your sights, hold X for PS3 and A for XBOX360 to move around faster while shooting.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

If you have a car that can spit flames from the exhaust you can pull this trick off to get the car to constantly spit flames out.

1. Hold LT in put the car into reverse.
  2. Hold RT to put the accelerator down
  3. Hold A (X) to use the handbrake
  4. Keep LT and A(X) held in but keep tapping RT to spit flames.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users