Cool things you didn't know about.

1,897 replies to this topic
mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

BLAINE COUNTY

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:46 AM

When you crash and fly out of the windshield, you're somehow dead before you even hit the ground.

Of course you are. You go flying through a windshield at 100mph and we will see how alive you are.
This involved one of the coolest moments I've ever had with this game. I was cruising as Michael on the Raton Canyon Bridge (just north of the army base on the ocean highway) and made a poor swerve into oncoming traffic and nailed a car head-on, busted through the windshield, but I wasn't dead. I flew over the side of the bridge flailing, but he corrected himself and I was able to parachute to safety. It was nuts.

I use this spot to bail from cops. Get some stars, grab a semi truck so youre higher up, and jump out as you scrape the railing. If done right, you can parachute to safety or try to land on a boat if your super lucky.

JCFast
  • JCFast

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Remember how the game was praised for it's situational commentory in missions based on what the characters have been doing? Like Michael telling Franklin in the beginning of the game how he needs to go practise shooting, because his shooting skill's low and can't hit the bad guys well enough on a mission?

Happens even if you have gone to the range right away in the beginning of the game and maxed out your shooting skill as Franklin before entering that mission.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Right after completing the mission "Complications" one can go back into the car dealership through the broken window. I hung out for awhile and a Tailgater spawned in there, so it's a good way to get one for Franklin without Michael's custom plate.

After Simeon fires Franklin he makes himself Employee of the Month. What an assbag. 

You can steal the Maverick from the parachute jumps by killing the pilot and then holding triangle. You have to hold it like you're jacking a taxi cab.  

Also you just can jack his chopper and spin away from him with right shoulder button to prevent him throwing you out of the chopper. When you fly not far away, he will stand there looking in the direction where you flew away.

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Remember how the game was praised for it's situational commentory in missions based on what the characters have been doing? Like Michael telling Franklin in the beginning of the game how he needs to go practise shooting, because his shooting skill's low and can't hit the bad guys well enough on a mission?

Happens even if you have gone to the range right away in the beginning of the game and maxed out your shooting skill as Franklin before entering that mission.

Because at that point they don't expect you to go to the range.

If you don't go after that, Trevor will tell Franklin he needs to go before the Merryweather heist.  If you do go, he won't comment on it.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

Committing any crime near the Mission Row police station is an instant two star wanted level. Trying to cheat to remove it near there usually causes the game to reapply it.

Craptasticjack
  • Craptasticjack

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

Birds don't turn black until 5 seconds after a fire on them was put out.

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

BLAINE COUNTY

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:42 AM

Hit a tree with your car and transparent leaves will fall.
  • Wolfhuman likes this

Perez84
  • Perez84

Crackhead

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

In my first playthrough, Trevor told Michael to go to the flight school via text message. That didn't happen in the second playthrough. In both cases I didn't go to the flight school.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:14 AM

Cheats fan be activated during the pause menu, I've tested this myself, and every cheat seems to work except from the wanted cheats.
This is really good for the invincibility cheat, as soon as it becomes deactivated, just hit start and enter it. And you can be invincible forever

And the health code can be used to repair a plane or car, despite having a button that backs out of pause and a button that exits the vehicle. Just hit pause, hit X (on PS3) to enter the map, and then do the code. Unpause without pressing anything further, and voila, you can repair in midair.

• lizardman563 likes this

FrozenGIRLPartz
  • FrozenGIRLPartz

Untitled...How does it feel?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

I swear to God....one time I was Franklin in between missions, and I was on a BMX bike in the hood (near his aunt's house) but up by the Rec Center. So I rode down across the tracks onto "my block", and as I was coming down my block slow, I saw Lamar and Stretch hauling ass down the block and they jumped in an ugly dark grey hoopty car and sped off. I caught up to them at the light further down by the tracks near the overpass, and I tried to get in the car with them but I couldnt and Lamar just kept honking the horn. So I moved and then they sped off again.

I only saw this happen one time...ever since  then I've been trying to hang around the hood and see if it happens again 

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

If you go to LSC with a passenger, like a dead NPC, prostitute,other protagonist or even Chop.

They'll stay in the car the whole time as you're customising your car,and will still be there after you leave.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

If you go to LSC with a passenger, like a dead NPC, prostitute,other protagonist or even Chop.

They'll stay in the car the whole time as you're customising your car,and will still be there after you leave.

it pays to wait woof

Voggens
  • Voggens

Vraiment Crazy

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:46 PM Edited by Voggens, 12 April 2014 - 10:50 PM.

Don't know if someone already knew about this but... I was trying to do a little trick with Tequi-La-La, first I went to the Strangers and Freaks mission for Trevor about the Vinewood souvenirs, where one of them involves the club. After exploring the place -that was a bit empty- and finishing the mission I was hoping to do something to keep it open, I removed the Wanted Level with the cheat code, then I ran until Nigel called me and I went back to the club just when the call ended, the door was opened and guess what, there was actually people inside, drinking and dancing, there was more people than in the mission, I went out and music could be heard from inside, the door wasn't closed when I went out, I even had a shootout with the LSPD inside. These pictures were taken before the shootout.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Even a waiter was there.

0_0.jpg

I switched to Franklin to see what happens when switching back to Trevor, but unfortunately he appeared outside and the door was closed... my guess is that this place was definitely enterable in the beta, maybe pedestrians still spawn inside but you can't hear the music from outside, there's a pool table and a dartboard.

• pokemon4ever, AAR, Bull12345Bull and 8 others like this

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:46 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 12 April 2014 - 11:46 PM.

Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force (aka Dave Willis) can be heard calling in on the station Fly Lo Fm complaining about the music.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

You can have Trevor "play" with Mr.Raspberry Jam:

• Lysergio and IanE55 like this

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:50 PM Edited by GTA564, 13 April 2014 - 07:00 PM.

There is a group of npc's doing drag racing on the canals of la mesa at 10 pm
races are held only if you watch them from afar
If you get too close, you only see the group talking and drinking, but not competing
when I played with Franklin' I approached them and they opened fire on me

7IF3Egd.png

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

If you get too close, you only see the group talking and drinking, but not competing

7IF3Egd.png

You can approach them. I drove up and smoked both of them in the race. There are people at the finish line too.

• GTA564 likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

When you go to sleep and save the game, Michael only sleeps for 6 hours, Franklin sleeps for 8, and Trevor sleeps for 12. After nearly 7 months, I'm still discovering new things.

• Bonnano and AlexisMichas like this

The_Cutsman
  • The_Cutsman

Little Android Man...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

After completing the "robbery" random event, at Bob mullets, all hair cuts and facial hair become free for that specific location.
  • Midnightz likes this

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:06 AM

Michael can get a number of tatoos that are Irish-themed, implying he is of Irish descent. Even the name "Townley" is of Celtic origin.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:35 AM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 14 April 2014 - 06:36 AM.

Michael can get a number of tatoos that are Irish-themed, implying he is of Irish descent. Even the name "Townley" is of Celtic origin.

Plot Twist: Michael is Packie's Uncle :O

• Wayne Kerr and Cakelover21 like this

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:41 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 16 April 2014 - 10:55 AM.

Haha.

Tracey's name is of Gaeiic Origin.

Both Amanda & Jimmy are Latin Origin.

Please don't double/triple post. Use the "EDIT" button if you have something else to add to your post.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

There's a really long pier on the east see of the map, near to a 24/7 shop.

And if you hunker down on the side to sea, the police don't have enough range to shoot you and need to run to you to get into range, but there's very little cover so they are easy to kill.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

Fort Zancudo has 2 runways, one short runway presumably for Fighter Jets and One long runway for Titans and Cargo Planes etc...
  • ten-a-penny and Cakelover21 like this

Robaldinio
  • Robaldinio

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Right after completing the mission "Complications" one can go back into the car dealership through the broken window. I hung out for awhile and a Tailgater spawned in there, so it's a good way to get one for Franklin without Michael's custom plate.

After Simeon fires Franklin he makes himself Employee of the Month. What an assbag. 

You can steal the Maverick from the parachute jumps by killing the pilot and then holding triangle. You have to hold it like you're jacking a taxi cab.  

Actually, I'm not sure if this has already been said but you can go back into the dealership as Franklin after it is fully repaired and Simeon will be waiting for you. He'll be there with some guy (probably his nephew Sasha, you know, with the twitch) and they'll both try to beat you up. After when you leave or kill Simeon the game saves and you will never be able to enter the dealership again.

That's actually considered a "Random Event" if you look at your completion stats on Social Club. It's such bullsh*t though, given that it's not random at all (as it's directly related to a story mission) and you only get that one chance to do it, otherwise you can never truly achieve 100%.

EVOLUT7ON
  • EVOLUT7ON

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

Wooow! must try it soon) thanks!

Don't know if someone already knew about this but... I was trying to do a little trick with Tequi-La-La, first I went to the Strangers and Freaks mission for Trevor about the Vinewood souvenirs, where one of them involves the club. After exploring the place -that was a bit empty- and finishing the mission I was hoping to do something to keep it open, I removed the Wanted Level with the cheat code, then I ran until Nigel called me and I went back to the club just when the call ended, the door was opened and guess what, there was actually people inside, drinking and dancing, there was more people than in the mission, I went out and music could be heard from inside, the door wasn't closed when I went out, I even had a shootout with the LSPD inside. These pictures were taken before the shootout.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Even a waiter was there.

0_0.jpg

I switched to Franklin to see what happens when switching back to Trevor, but unfortunately he appeared outside and the door was closed... my guess is that this place was definitely enterable in the beta, maybe pedestrians still spawn inside but you can't hear the music from outside, there's a pool table and a dartboard.

• Voggens likes this

Muhammed14
  • Muhammed14

SWAT

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:37 AM

There's a enterable corridor in Merrywether docks with 1 enterable room good for survival.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Rockstar said during development that, the placement of each tree was carefully considered.
  • hawkstalker likes this

Saiyanskillz
  • Saiyanskillz

Lures like Terminus, bites like Tyson

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Pretty much everybody knows about this now, but let me tell you... The first time I was attacked by a shark and actually defended myself with a knife, I was one happy mo fo.

And what's with the "flying through windshields" complaint? It's a likely thing to happen, and also requires more skill IMO, to avoid death. Don't crash head-on and your good to go.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:08 PM Edited by GTA564, 15 April 2014 - 07:08 PM.

7IF3Egd.png

You can approach them. I drove up and smoked both of them in the race. There are people at the finish line too.

You're right, once I waited there for a bit, and as soon as they started the race i joined them
Thanks for the info

6 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users