Cool Things You Didn't Know About: V Edition

4,239 replies to this topic
GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

- I never knew you could interact with Tracey while she's crying in the living early on the campaign...because every time you'd talk she never responds. "What's going on trace" "hey trace" "I love ya trace" and so on

- when you switch to a character and get them close together, you can follow the other and they'll find their way back home regardless of where you leave them. Pretty neat

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

2 things that weren't in the game when it launched.

1. The peds now do an acrobatic move when faced in the danger of getting run over by some other pedestrian (not you)

2. The pedestrians now can cross the street.

Technodiq
  • Technodiq

Drink, feck, arse, girrrls!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

In that mission were you get scammed by the balla @ CJs old house and then hijack that rappers jetskis from his music video, if you kill him during the mission you can hear the radio reports after about how he was killed, if you don't kill him, you don't hear the report :)

• Wolfhuman likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:10 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 10 January 2014 - 09:12 PM.

Pedestrians will sometimes attempt to cross against the traffic light. When they do this they run across the street.

Just like in real California a right turn is legal on a red light,  as NPCs will do it.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

-Birds can get hit or sucked through engines when flying.

-When it begins raining, puddles slowly and realistically form in the road and environment over time.

-If you break a window and walk over the broken glass, there is a sound effect of it crunching underfoot.

-When you're hunting, you can send other characters in your address book your hunting pictures, and they all text back with unique responses. Most of them angry or confused.

-Hikers on top of Mt.Chilliad take pictures of the view with their phones.

-Some character’s voicemail messages will change as the game progresses, depending on where they are and what they’re doing at that point in the game.

-NPCs will parallel park their car, and can sometimes have a lot of trouble doing so, with lots or front and back adjustments.

-When your character is wet your shoes make squelchy sounds when walking until they dry out.

-Lester’s house is filled with (mint in box) action figures, and has a box labeled “bigfoot” in one corner.

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:24 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 10 January 2014 - 10:27 PM.

I don't know if this was caused by my character wearing the [email protected] and most expensive clothing ever, i.e. the 25000$ Epsilon pajamas.

But I went near a fire at the beach after coming out of the sea with Michael one night, you know, just to see if the character had something to say for the fact that I cared about his health: after some 30 seconds the damn baby-blue horror got on fire itself!

By chance I happened to have a full health-bar at that time, or I would have had to add 5000$ of hospitalization to the cost of that thing.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

I find it funny the OP was some stupid post about riding a bridge like SA and it has snowballed to showcase the insane never-ending tiny features of this game. 

• stobe187 likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

I also forgot.

- 6 Multistory car parks all scattered around LS

- The IAA office

- The Cargo Jet and the Titan have interiors themselves.

- 2 fake burning buildings in Fire stations (Those are for training)

- 3 Fire Stations, 2 in LS and 1 in Sandy Shores.

Making it 133 interiors in total.

If you think fake buildings and parking garages count as interiors, then you are being a fool.
  • TheOtherRyan, TheticalFlyer97 and D-N-A like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

King of San Andreas

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

I also forgot.

- 6 Multistory car parks all scattered around LS

- The IAA office

- The Cargo Jet and the Titan have interiors themselves.

- 2 fake burning buildings in Fire stations (Those are for training)

- 3 Fire Stations, 2 in LS and 1 in Sandy Shores.

Making it 133 interiors in total.

If you think fake buildings and parking garages count as interiors, then you are being a fool.

If you look on the previous page I pulled him up for basically the same thing. It was just an attempt (and a poor one at that) to make GTA V seem like it has more interiors than it actually does.

• Scaglietti and D-N-A like this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:21 AM

Does anyone else already know that zpomin in w your sniper scope makes noises louder??

I flipped a car over before and there was a hissin sound from the engine (sounded like a radiator leak) so I pull out my sniper rifle and let off a round, zoomed in an the noise got louder...

Gonna try it w NPC conversation because ive never noticed it before... Wierd if a scope zoom males noises louder but can some one test it out?

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:56 AM Edited by Mr Oraange, 12 January 2014 - 01:19 AM.

Following each towing job, you can listen to Tonya's phone conversations with JB before she leaves the impound. 

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:06 AM

-NPCs will parallel park their car, and can sometimes have a lot of trouble doing so, with lots or front and back adjustments

I've seen that a lot and most NPCs who did that were the female ones. What a coincidence lol. That realism..
  • Wolfhuman, Yan2295, Casey_Cadaver and 2 others like this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

I got a few more.

-If you hail and hop into a taxi at the airport when someone was already waiting for one, they’ll get mad and shout at you, or try to pick a fight.

-Michael will confess to and discuss random events that just happened when visiting his psychiatrist, like sleeping with prostitutes or running over pedestrians. He will not do this if you agree with Friedlander's evaluation

-After buying clothes for the mission "Friend Request", if you return to the store as Michael, the clerk asks how the interview went.

-Kicking cars can dent them.

-Power lines sway in the wind.

-Jets leave contrails in the sky.

• Wolfhuman likes this

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

when replaying the mission "derailed" which is an easteregg to the hardest mission in gta san andreas, you can see an objective that requires you to be faster than CJ which is the main protagonist in gta sa.

from gta 3 to gta 4 gangsters have been a big part of the series (btw, gangsters are mafia associated, gang bangers are part of gangs, there are not to be confused). In gta v there no gangsters but rather gang bangers.

when trevor wears the pink dress he does not wear an underwear fully exposing his penis and anus.

the strippers in gta o do not go topless

trevor has the most videos clips when switching to him, franklin has the least.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:18 PM Edited by Tenxax, 11 January 2014 - 03:20 PM.

@SonOfLiberty

Well don't blame me, people are pathetic enough to list staircases and booths in IV too. I've seen Tazr's videos and some of the interiors that were listed were somewhat pathetic.

It was a real pathetic effort to make it seem like it had more interiors, but it's people logic. Jesus when I even asked to be shown a picture of an enterable Police station in IV Universetwisters gave a me a pic of a staircase.

• Wolfhuman likes this

Loves2Spooge90
  • Loves2Spooge90

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

^^. True that is a cool thing I didn't know.

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

I didn't know that the LSPD protects you if they see somebody punch you, the officer shot the offender dead, and then a dog came after her and mauled her to death. Cool stuff.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

these are somethings that i was fascinated by

- when MTF get high you can hear their inner-thoughts some are very funny.

- when playing golf you and your friend can choose to walk over to the ball or skip to the next tee off or whatever the hell it's called where you hit the golf ball.

- police response times are longer, they actually take their time getting to the scene.

- gangsters in freeroam only use pistols.

- you can follow a cop car around and eventually they'll begin chasing a random vehicle and get into a mini shootout with the driver and passengers.

- Martin Madrazo will send an endless army of his assassins to kill you if you're in Los Santos during exile.

- franklin will iron your shirts for free.

- The so-called random events take place in the same location most of which are not repeatable.
  • stjimmy3 likes this

Casey_Cadaver
  • Casey_Cadaver

HHMC VP

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:18 PM Edited by Casey_Cadaver, 11 January 2014 - 09:18 PM.

If you visit the same hooker more then once,  you get a response option menu after using her services 3 times and she starts telling you her little story.

You can choose between cruel, sarcasm and sympathetic.

I've got to do this haha.

• JohnDoe7125539271 likes this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

The detail in this game is breath-taking

-At or around dawn, heavy vehicles can be found combing Vespucci Beach

-If you try to pick up a prostitute when a cop car is nearby, the woman won’t approach you - they just try to look inconspicuous instead.

-If you drive at night with your headlights off, oncoming cars will flash theirs, to alert you.

-When Franklin first moves homes, his crib is empty with lots of boxes. Over time the number of boxes dwindles and the home fills with furniture and items.

-At night the beach will be dotted with a few campfires and revelers, each with their own unique dialogue. Some even strum on guitars.

• Lowi likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

- Some pedestrians drinking coffee will start to twitch after a bit and show some signs of unpatience and hyper-activity.

- Off-duty EMTs can be found around the Los Santos Medical Center, they don't have gloves on and some of them have hats on them.

- The mortuary is conveniently placed infront of the LSMC, and the LSMC is conveniently placed infront of the County Coroner.

- Los Santos County has 3 cities. The City of Los Santos, the City of Davis and Port City.

- Gang bangers have their own set of hand-to-hand commands.

- Gang bangers shout the name of their set.

- There is a restaurant with an interior in Davis, it goes by the name of Little plucker, although the doors are closed until further notice. There is another Little Plucker in Little Seoul.

- Sometimes random pedestrians will steal abandoned vehicles with their engines on.

- People can be found eating around Taco Vans.

- People at skate parks can be found pulling off some stunts with the BMX.

invalidnull
  • invalidnull

git gud

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

The flame of a back blast out of a sports car or super car can light jerry can trails.

• dimitrispgr, TheticalFlyer97 and Beanee like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

King of San Andreas

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

- Los Santos County has 3 cities. The City of Los Santos, the City of Davis and Port City.

This is from my lack of understanding of U.S cities, but I had no idea Davis was its own city until I searched GTA wiki. Pretty cool though.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:22 PM Edited by carmelo3, 12 January 2014 - 03:22 PM.

In that mission were you get scammed by the balla @ CJs old house and then hijack that rappers jetskis from his music video, if you kill him during the mission you can hear the radio reports after about how he was killed, if you don't kill him, you don't hear the report :)

But even if you spare him the news report online will say that he is dead, same with Dr. Freidlander (sp) if you spare him the online report will still say he is dead.

/

When hailing a taxi you can can ride in the front passenger seat.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

Where does it say that Port City is a city?

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

Paramedics can't get wanted levels. Dude punched me square in the face and the cop standing nearby just looked at me.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

But even if you spare him the news report online will say that he is dead, same with Dr. Freidlander (sp) if you spare him the online report will still say he is dead.

/

When hailing a taxi you can can ride in the front passenger seat.

Because Friedlander and the rapper die either way, off-screen. 

Jizzy B. - R.I.P.
  • Jizzy B. - R.I.P.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Coolest thing I've seen -

A NPC stole my car as I was returning a stolen item, and as I walked back to a busy intersection he drove past me several times (taunting me, I guess).

• Wolfhuman, DeafMetal and Shotgunna-Hux like this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

2 things that weren't in the game when it launched.

2. The pedestrians now can cross the street.

I dont know, I've killed quite a few peds who were in the middle of crossing the street, and I dont have online so no updates.

• PedoneRosso likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

Get Get Get Get Got Got Got Got

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

If you stop while on a steep incline and press the handbrake button, your car will not roll back. If you do not press the handbrake button the car will roll.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users