Cool Things You Didn't Know About: V Edition

3,854 replies to this topic
Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

n00b irritant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

I had no idea there was a Sleep option for your phone that could pause the story and just let you free roam without interruptions lol i just never changed my phone preferences before so i never saw

Well I feel dumb, because I never noticed this either and I actually looked for it at one point :/

Since GTA 4 we got this opition.

Which is why I looked for it.

triplem
  • triplem

X-Degenerate

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:15 AM Edited by triplem, 18 August 2014 - 08:15 AM.

I was just flying around in a Police Maverick when I saw the Blimp, so I decided to land ontop of it and get out. My helicopter fell but it let me walk around ontop of the blimp without falling off, similar to the train. As I was about in the middle of the blimp, I hit triangle, and it teleported me inside of the blimp and let me fly.

I preordered so I can call the blimp, which might make a difference to wether this will work.

Thats been known since day 1 I think. I remember everyone who did not have the blimp DLC asking if there was a way to get in it and people saying they could get in it the way you said, but it turned out it only worked for those already with access to a blimp.

• dtsmucker and Cake* Games like this

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

sorry if this is known, but i never saw it before and a search came up empty.

i was playing Michael earlier and went to save and heard a buzzing noise in the bed room. when i looked i saw this. it was buzzing and "working" around while hovering above the bed and i took a few pics. 

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

I think its a glitch, because there's a random encounter where Amanda is on the bed, with said dildo, or maybe you've just git a real horny ghost
  • ddyoung, GroundZero, Tonzofun and 2 others like this

Lead
  • Lead

Im leaving Gtaforums soon.Bye.

• BUSTED!
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

If you switch to a character while he is in final stand you can shoot from that position but if you move he gets up (missions only)

ChicagoCubs2188
  • ChicagoCubs2188

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

I just found this out by being lazy and not wanting to get off my bike I went inside Franklin house with his Western Bagger.

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

The Z-Type and Panto were both brought back from GTA 2, but the Roosevelt was too in a way. The Roosevelt's internal name is btype, another car from GTA 2.

• LightningLord likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Not sure about SP, hadn't tried yet. But in MP double tapping -pad up will get you straight into SnapMatic.

• no_snacks likes this

Epic.
  • Epic.

ctOS_Hacker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

Several Locations will remain permanently damaged after certain missions.

The O'Neil Ranch - Crystal Maze

Spoiler

Wall on Orchardville Ave - Blitz Play

Spoiler

San Chianski Mountain Range Field - Caida Libre

Spoiler

Motel in Paleto Bay - The Paleto Score

Spoiler
  • GroundZero, Th3MaN1, EVOLUT7ON and 7 others like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

^ I realized that the other day when I went to PB in SP.

Epic.
  • Epic.

ctOS_Hacker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

^ I realized that the other day when I went to PB in SP.

It goes to show how much detail R* put into this game.

• Tonzofun, OneManCrimeWave, KingGTAV and 2 others like this

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

The same thing happens with the FIB tower, there will be boards on some of the higher windows.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

-cool one i just remembered was that you can email hunting pictures to anyone on your contact list-

and almost every single one of them will have unique replies to the dead bodies you show them lol

-if you take the flying lessons before heist 2 offshore but are still slow, T criticizes you for not taking enough

-the obey rocoto (audi q5/porsche cayenne) that gets stolen by the airport is is super customized... and if you keep it, the women still sends you a thanking email and a free suit ;/

-i dunno if it's unique but after you steal the cargobob for heist 2, there's a Sandking waiting for you at the hangar and it has a set of bullbars without the lower face body kit.... i dunno if that's unique but i never see sandking's with default bullbars and to put bullbars on at LSC, you have to also add that huge lower face body kit which means the truck looks super blocky. 

-a lot of missions have different scenes depending on who you start with... i think we all know the heists do, like heist 2 is either a shoulder rub or a leg rub... heist 5 is either M threatening L or L and M making a firebomb with gas and toaster ovens... and other missions, if you show up with a character, you may miss half the scene like if you start Hood Safari with T or the Bring House Down with F

but for example the torture mission, if you start it with T, you talk about smoking, speed, sugar tits, and a super funny line about M's wife... but if you start with M, then T is taking a dump behind a garbage container...

there are a bunch of missions like this with unique scenes that you will likely miss your first playthrough since you can only linearly see 1

-most missions have 3-4 small dialogue... i think most of us probably realize it changes but maybe not much. for example, on Heist 3 when F is ramming the truck into the securicar, he can say I think 4 or 5 totally different things each time you replay it. almost every mission is like this. when T takes off his mask in the prologue, he may say nothing, may say so you want to see the angel of death, or he may say if i die i want to do it breathing easily or something... again if you replay every mission 5 times you'll likely here at least 3 sets and maybe more for almost all small dialogue

-F can phone Stretch after Long Stretch, Hood Safari, and Lamar Down and they will argue

-if you Hangout with Lamar after most of the F and L missions, they'll have unique dialouge... same goes for many other missions

-in Hood Safari, you can escape either by yourself or with L/T (talk about gang colours), L/F (talk about Grove Street), or F/T (talk about M probably the best and longest one for story)

-there's a lot of unique character transition scenes that only occur at the very beginning of the game, after T's family is gone, during exile, etc... and they're super good for building the characters. it's hard to sum it up but if you like GTA V, next time you play it, try to always free roam a bit after every mission and switch characters 6-9 times just to see all the cool little unique things they do and say. also as I said try hangout or phone people after every mission.

-after Bring Down The House... if you don't rush down the hill to M's house and just stop the truck... T and F will talk for like 5 minutes about old crime life.... it's such a huuuuuge and cool talk and easily missed. many missions can have story pieces missed if you rush them but that's one of the biggest and easiest and beast

that's it for now... i started a new game my 7th time two days ago and i'm playing non-stop and i just passed heist 2.... and i'm trying to play it the most 'weird' that i've ever played it, totally different haircuts (M looks surprisingly awesome with a shaved head, big huge beard, a white t-shirt, and blue work jeans, and tattoos lol and same for F with the big beard, shaved head, and sunglasses he looks exaaaaactly like Rick Ross lol try it the big Spartan beard, shaved head or a hat, big black gold sunglasses.... it's big boss Rick Ross lol)

• ddyoung, GroundZero, HexagoN and 5 others like this

chrome0702
  • chrome0702

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:34 AM

Not sure about SP, hadn't tried yet. But in MP double tapping -pad up will get you straight into SnapMatic.

Never knew this 'til you said it. You can do it in SP too. Btw it's quick three taps

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:56 AM

-cool one i just remembered was that you can email hunting pictures to anyone on your contact list-

and almost every single one of them will have unique replies to the dead bodies you show them lol

-if you take the flying lessons before heist 2 offshore but are still slow, T criticizes you for not taking enough

-the obey rocoto (audi q5/porsche cayenne) that gets stolen by the airport is is super customized... and if you keep it, the women still sends you a thanking email and a free suit ;/

-i dunno if it's unique but after you steal the cargobob for heist 2, there's a Sandking waiting for you at the hangar and it has a set of bullbars without the lower face body kit.... i dunno if that's unique but i never see sandking's with default bullbars and to put bullbars on at LSC, you have to also add that huge lower face body kit which means the truck looks super blocky. 

-a lot of missions have different scenes depending on who you start with... i think we all know the heists do, like heist 2 is either a shoulder rub or a leg rub... heist 5 is either M threatening L or L and M making a firebomb with gas and toaster ovens... and other missions, if you show up with a character, you may miss half the scene like if you start Hood Safari with T or the Bring House Down with F

but for example the torture mission, if you start it with T, you talk about smoking, speed, sugar tits, and a super funny line about M's wife... but if you start with M, then T is taking a dump behind a garbage container...

there are a bunch of missions like this with unique scenes that you will likely miss your first playthrough since you can only linearly see 1

-most missions have 3-4 small dialogue... i think most of us probably realize it changes but maybe not much. for example, on Heist 3 when F is ramming the truck into the securicar, he can say I think 4 or 5 totally different things each time you replay it. almost every mission is like this. when T takes off his mask in the prologue, he may say nothing, may say so you want to see the angel of death, or he may say if i die i want to do it breathing easily or something... again if you replay every mission 5 times you'll likely here at least 3 sets and maybe more for almost all small dialogue

-F can phone Stretch after Long Stretch, Hood Safari, and Lamar Down and they will argue

-if you Hangout with Lamar after most of the F and L missions, they'll have unique dialouge... same goes for many other missions

-in Hood Safari, you can escape either by yourself or with L/T (talk about gang colours), L/F (talk about Grove Street), or F/T (talk about M probably the best and longest one for story)

-there's a lot of unique character transition scenes that only occur at the very beginning of the game, after T's family is gone, during exile, etc... and they're super good for building the characters. it's hard to sum it up but if you like GTA V, next time you play it, try to always free roam a bit after every mission and switch characters 6-9 times just to see all the cool little unique things they do and say. also as I said try hangout or phone people after every mission.

-after Bring Down The House... if you don't rush down the hill to M's house and just stop the truck... T and F will talk for like 5 minutes about old crime life.... it's such a huuuuuge and cool talk and easily missed. many missions can have story pieces missed if you rush them but that's one of the biggest and easiest and beast

that's it for now... i started a new game my 7th time two days ago and i'm playing non-stop and i just passed heist 2.... and i'm trying to play it the most 'weird' that i've ever played it, totally different haircuts (M looks surprisingly awesome with a shaved head, big huge beard, a white t-shirt, and blue work jeans, and tattoos lol and same for F with the big beard, shaved head, and sunglasses he looks exaaaaactly like Rick Ross lol try it the big Spartan beard, shaved head or a hat, big black gold sunglasses.... it's big boss Rick Ross lol)

In my every playthrough i played without care about time. Just to hear this dialogues.

In packman if you go slowly, you will have a super long dialogue between T and Lamar. Check it!

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

Be good, work hard, stay focused!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

Will they ever bring the opition to add the Lazer to the hangar list of owned vehicles?

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:27 AM

when you're in Exile, and T is outside the apartment throwing grenades while drinking.... you can actually walk near them and die as M lol

i just did that for the first time haha i've seen that scene many times before but i never tried to stand near where he throws the 'nades cuz i usually play with a 0 death rule 

he didn't text me after saying sorry tho lol not like if he accidently kills you while Hanging out or if you shoot his house

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

Amanda is available on the HUSHSMUSH website ingame, that made me laugh, never seen it before until today.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

Spoiler

I actually had a transition animation with Trevor for this location, never seen it until after 1.16 (but may have been there before).

As always he woke up in just his grundies, holding a bottle of liquor and very, very quietly and calmly, he muttered 'some moments you just never want to end' then got up and headed towards his Bodhi. 

Is this new, or always been there? I can't believe I'm still seeing new animations this far after release. 

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Spoiler

I actually had a transition animation with Trevor for this location, never seen it until after 1.16 (but may have been there before).

As always he woke up in just his grundies, holding a bottle of liquor and very, very quietly and calmly, he muttered 'some moments you just never want to end' then got up and headed towards his Bodhi. 

Is this new, or always been there? I can't believe I'm still seeing new animations this far after release.
It's old. I have seen it many times.
  • Fuzzknuckles likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

Even better, that it's so random that a year later, some can still be unseen. 

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:41 AM

I had to watch a youtube video to see a lot of the transition scenes, because some of them are so rare

Epic.
  • Epic.

ctOS_Hacker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

I had to watch a youtube video to see a lot of the transition scenes, because some of them are so rare

Remember the one where trevor is flushing a plastic foot down the toilet? Still haven't had that one. Some appear before certain missions.

TheDjsicdog
  • TheDjsicdog

MMC4,GTAP,PJTR, HEARSE SHOP PS3

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Ahha

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:17 PM Edited by Delta India Echo, 23 August 2014 - 06:18 PM.

Has anyone noticed that in 'The Time's Come' Michael first arrives in his signature gray suit and when he flees in his Tailgater his outfit changes suddenly to the Distressed leather jacket when he arrives to the industrial area? Well I noticed the trousers he is wearing during the mysterious wardrobe change are unobtainable

d560092a1e.jpg

Pretty sure you can't get cuffed jeans in any store. Shame, I like the Jimmy Hopkins look.

• Cake* Games and LightningLord like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

What program do you use to view the in-game textures?

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:25 PM Edited by Delta India Echo, 23 August 2014 - 06:26 PM.

What program do you use to view the in-game textures?

OpenIV, the V files are hosted here: http://www.se7ensins...-files.1006218/

You need to make a new folder, add this file in it, and rename it to encryption_key.bin

http://www.mediafire...key_xbox360.dat

And then simply put the files you are gonna examine in that folder. Then simply use OpenIV to gain access to what these files look like.

• CJ_114 likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

SA did it easier. Download WorkShop > Open GTA:SA files (I forgot which one though, been ages since I did that) > Have fun. But eh, that is on PC. In this case its consoles now. ;)

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

SA did it easier. Download WorkShop > Open GTA:SA files (I forgot which one though, been ages since I did that) > Have fun. But eh, that is on PC. In this case its consoles now. ;)

Soon enough the PC version will be out so it's gonna be 87% easier.

Also higher-quality textures yay.

RichyBeats
  • RichyBeats

Peon

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

While playing darts the Scottish flag appears on each dart.

Lots of little Scottish tributes!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users