Cool Things You Didn't Know About: V Edition

2,690 replies to this topic
maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

i've played single-player almost 600 hours and i still have found some neat little things in the last 2-3 months.

they aren't special.... just fun things that i didn't know for the first 3-4 times  i play the game. none of these are particularly rare or hard to find if you go there... but the game world is so much  that it's easy to miss a lot of corners, especially in the industrial or residential areas

-if you are Hanging out and your friend accidentally kills you, he will text you saying sorry. this is a sort of freak event... but i was hanging out with Trevor once on a cop case, and he shot the cop car, the cop car exploded, and the explosion killed us. he texted me saying sorry lol

-Trevor's brown leather jacket (bought from the store but the camera never really shows the back view) has the Air Force wolf on the back

-there's a character transition scene where Trevor is cooking meth with Chef but it only appears during a couple of the first missions during 'exile'

-hanging out with 3 character total has a lot of unique dialouge when you add in combinations with Trevor, Franklin, Lamar.. even just T F M have so many unique discussions. i've probably hungout over 100 times now and i still hear new stuff. there are a lot of story-sensitive hangout dialouges, and there's a lot for just T F M at the endgame of the game. not a secret or anything but there's a lot of story detail and context provided by these, and even after playing GTA V almost 6 times over 600 hours and hanging out at least 100 times, i still hear new dialouge

-i saw a shark laying on the ground in the port near that merryweather area once lol

-there's a ship container loader on the docks across the way from the sunken frigate, on the dock beside those coal platform ships. spawns only sometimes.

-near the train yard (north east of strawberry and the impound), there's a big train shop or warehouse with a pretty big interior. no real detail but it's a cool place to deathmatch maybe.

-you can use the army semitrucks from the FortZ to loud up regular loads.... i tried once and the rear bumper was too high, and never tried again. but after escaping in the train tunnel, I tried on a logging truck load and it hooked up after i rammed into it hard.

-if you're already armed when you see roaming biker gangs, sometimes they flee and say "WTH"; usually if they see you first, though, they attack

-if you use a cop car and security uniform, you can approach armored cars very closely even with a gun, block them with your car, and they won't be alerted. not sure if its from the car or uniform

-last night for first time i found the buzzer-like heli with the spotlight lol can't believe i never saw one before. police station near korea town on the roof. spot light works, too!

-if you let your character idle and he begins to 'look around', he can load new 'world items' just like if you drive away. sometimes NPCs will stay but especially around the port, the oil fields, etc, workers will show up and leave during the day. you won't see them actually show up or leave :( but when you look the other way, and then look back, it'll either load them as at work or gone from work

-if you shoot the gas tank of a car and then the gas so its start on fire, but then load into your garage,the car will stay there forever. when you come out, it'll be burned up, and it will never ever disapear, even 50 hours later after many deaths. (but i don't know if it stays after you turn off your game). but it bugs your garage... even if you have just 2 cars inside, it'll be full. and the details inside the garage like the shelves and desks will load slower because the game memory is stressed by all the burned cars it saved

-once i was able to save a 3rd vehicle at Trevor's club... for some reason, beside my 2 cars in the regular to saving parking spots, my bike also save there... and it stayed there for many deaths and loads. but i've never been able to repeat this.

-if you park a semi-trick with a trailor, and then stand beside it and go into 'idle mode', the trailor will disapear. but if you unhook the trailor first, it will stay there forever as long as you stay in the area.

-you really can, sometimes, hide from helicopters in bushes. i've lost 5-star ratings from helis by hiding in bushes atop mountains. but cops on the ground will still see you. this is very old 'idea' but it always seems unclear and buggy. sometimes it doesn't work for me but sometimes it does.

-the stock price increase after missions doesn't fully save. for example, if it goes up 50% instantly, then a total of 120% and then back to 75% for... 10-20 hours or whatever the timer is... if you save instantly after a mission and reload, it will be instantly at the +75% and will never go to 120%. so its important to make sure you do all your stock trading after missions without saving because if you save/load, you will lose a big portion of the gains.

-the small forklift can ram its blades through windshields of cars which makes it fun on the highway lol

-and the biggest but least exciting yet maybe more appreciative thing is just how incredibly detailed the world is... the garage near the power plant. the oil derricks in the desert, the railway station huts, all the different areas of the port and east ls industrial area and its oil field...

i would almost say that the art of this game goes underutilized and underappreciated by average gamer because it is incredible just how well detailed and unique so many of these areas are. i think only way to truly appreciate the game world is with GTAO, and taking the time to really create cool races or deathmatches in all these areas, or just start police shootouts in as many different places as possible. i've beat the game 6 times almost now and i still find new cool places to fight in. 

You have a picture of the air force jacket.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

Really good list S1n0

OT: the car from the Thelma and Louise Easter egg is completely unique, and contains sombreros and a guitar in the back.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

-Trevor's brown leather jacket (bought from the store but the camera never really shows the back view) has the Air Force wolf on the back

nah not instantly but it's easy to check just go buy the "wolf" leather jacket at Suburban

lol the name maybe should have made it obvious but none of the other jackets have back graphics, the camera doesn't really show the back, and also i think it's easy to ignore the clothing names because they're not very accurate

but the brown wolf one has a super cool big air force wolf head on the back! check it out, i just found it during my 5th playthrough haha i wear it all the time now

it's the same wolf in Trevor's trailer, the one on the Air Force flag

• maxpaynefan likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:44 AM Edited by maxpaynefan, 10 August 2014 - 03:45 AM.

nah not instantly but it's easy to check just go buy the "wolf" leather jacket at Suburban

lol the name maybe should have made it obvious but none of the other jackets have back graphics, the camera doesn't really show the back, and also i think it's easy to ignore the clothing names because they're not very accurate

but the brown wolf one has a super cool big air force wolf head on the back! check it out, i just found it during my 5th playthrough haha i wear it all the time now

I guess after 5 months of not playing, I need to install this game again to see this jacket.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:48 AM

oh, and another cool detail is that you can actually keep the Madrazo baller

you remember the one? during the mission where you take the 'thing' in his baller, and then go hide? and the license plate is "Madrazo"?

you can keep that!

but to keep it, you cannot save, load, or die between that mission and all the way to the next time you control Michael, which is 3 missions

plus, you ONLY keep it if, after the Trevor (jet) mission, when you switch to Michael, the character switch scene HAS to be one that doesn't replace the baller with his red little Toyota or whatever it's called

like, if the scene is the one where he's leaning against the hood of his red car at the truck stop, or by the river, or by the lake, or driving the boat, you won't keep the baller

but if it is the one where he's drunk at the Yellowjack, the vehicle outside will still be the Madrazo baller! or if it's the one where he's driving around Paleto Bay at 3am, it'll be the baller! it's just a regular baller, but it has the Madrazo license plate and it's kind of cool in a roleplay or collectors way

also if you load, save, or die, you'll lose the baller because the computer won't remember it, so it also may not be there

my 2 favorite SUVs are the Madrazo baller and the Ortega dubsta... the one he drives to the meth lab. the license plate isn't unique but it has customized wheels, paint, grill, etc, and actually it's consider 'different' or 'unique' because when you take it to LS Customs, you cant customize it like a regular dubsta! you can change some parts but not all

I guess after 5 months of not playing, I need to install this game again to see this jacket.

oh there must be a picture somewhere lol i'll try google

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:16 AM

http://9gag.com/gag/...trevor-s-jacket

• dtsmucker likes this

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

No.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

?

that's it

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

No.

?
that's it
Looks great

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

?

that's it

You could have just linked the image. 9gag sucks.

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Team Rocket Agent

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

-there's a character transition scene where Trevor is cooking meth with Chef but it only appears during a couple of the first missions during 'exile'

Holy f*cking Plums, I never knew Chef actually has an appearance outside of Heists and the mission he helps in.

• TheDeaconBosco likes this

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Holy f*cking Plums, I never knew Chef actually has an appearance outside of Heists and the mission he helps in.

You can find Chef at the Liquor Ace station; usually looking out the window, but you can't interact with him.

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Team Rocket Agent

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

You can find Chef at the Liquor Ace station; usually looking out the window, but you can't interact with him.

I knew about that, but it's so pointless since you can't do much with him there....

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

sorry i didn't know if the link would work and i have no idea what 9gag is lol

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:09 PM Edited by Delta India Echo, 10 August 2014 - 10:15 PM.

sorry i didn't know if the link would work and i have no idea what 9gag is lol

It's alright. 9gag is testicular cancer basically.

But enough of it. Keep posting fun facts people.

EDIT:

I am pretty sure a lot have noticed this, I recently just did. In 'The Hunt' artwork, Michael's Tailgater appears with the dollar wheels

Spoiler

v_hunt_800x600.jpg

I shat a little.

• livejoker, visionist, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

triplem
  • triplem

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:38 AM Edited by triplem, 11 August 2014 - 03:39 AM.

Has anyone noticed there is a garage in the parking lot in Pillbox Hill that opens for some reason? I found it back before even GTA 5 went online, but reminded myself of it recently when playing. It's pretty much on the other block (north) of the strip club. First block directly above on the other side of that main road in a parking lot for a hospital or something? (i think) and a garage on the left that opens and closes for some reason? You can't save cars in there, and it's not the best place to try and lose cops, unless they don't see you go in and it closes... pretty pointless... but still, it does it... tried to google if anyone else noticed it? but came up with nothing.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:45 AM

I also noticed in the screenshot that Michael is holding a SR-25, the game was supposed to have replica of it called the assault sniper rifle.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

I am pretty sure a lot have noticed this, I recently just did. In 'The Hunt' artwork, Michael's Tailgater appears with the dollar wheels

Spoiler

I shat a little.

yeah that's awesome just like how jimmy gave it back with..  and michael he even has a scoped rifle because he sharpshoots in that mission....

i ever dressed my 3 characters to wear the same clothing as that art during the mission =)

a few of the concept art are like that... like the art for the Bug Van/Heist 1? They're using AKs! Just like if you choose Silent option because you don't get carbines. but the other one with Michael in front of Lester's textile factory? He has a carbine because you can see the non-bug van, which means he's preparing for option 2 approach. or the other art for Ending C... you can see the Tornado

• Delta India Echo likes this

krashr
  • krashr

face

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

But enough of it. Keep posting fun facts people.

EDIT:

Spoiler

v_hunt_800x600.jpg

I shat a little.

i want binoculars

• robban and dtsmucker like this

wendtcod
  • wendtcod

#TeamTrevor

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

One of the lost members looks exactly like juice from soa, with a shaved Mohawk and tribal tats on his head

rockman191003
  • rockman191003

CGF OG

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:44 AM Edited by rockman191003, 11 August 2014 - 07:45 AM.

If you go to the families as franklin wearing the green bandana the families members will not recognize him and treat him as they were any other gang

Elyobo893
  • Elyobo893

Good Catholic Boy

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

-The game hints at Franklins loneliness after turning his back on his CGF buddies. Whenever you switch to him when he has the mansion. He's always by himself eating chips, ironing etc. The house is eerily quiet too.

-The female golfers are all lesbians and can be heard saying things like "She swings a good ball and eats a meeean pussy!"
  • visionist likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

[GTA:O] I only tested this in the Binco store, the next time I'm online I'll state if this works in the other stores or not.

If you entered the Binco store and headed to the changing room, you can actually change your clothes there, as if it was your own wardrobe. I don't think SubUrban and Ponsoboys have this feature or not. Though I'm sure that the Discount stores have this since both stores share the same interior.

EpicPonyMuffins
  • EpicPonyMuffins

Fanboy at R* Games.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

[GTA:O] I only tested this in the Binco store, the next time I'm online I'll state if this works in the other stores or not.

If you entered the Binco store and headed to the changing room, you can actually change your clothes there, as if it was your own wardrobe. I don't think SubUrban and Ponsoboys have this feature or not. Though I'm sure that the Discount stores have this since both stores share the same interior.

Only works with Binco/Discount Store.

Pretty useful for changing clothes whilst out of LS/Away from Apartment.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Especially since you need to scroll through infinite crap if you didn't use this trick.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by ROCKSTAR MANIC, 11 August 2014 - 05:26 PM.

If you notice Michael is holding a sniper rifle that is not included in the game. This is a possible future DLC weapon.

WhatTheTheftV
  • WhatTheTheftV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by WhatTheTheftV, 11 August 2014 - 08:05 PM.

I'm back :p

No.

?
that's it

Really?

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:29 AM

cool i tried that in a bunch of stores when i first got the game cuz it worked in GTA SA.... but it never worked for me

i'll try again tonight to see if it works in SP or just MP.

Craptasticjack
  • Craptasticjack

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:17 AM

In michael's Mantion, There is a window on top of the roof you can see out of, but when you are on top of the roof, there is now window.

polaris23
  • polaris23

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:49 AM

You can shoot and blow up the big exercise ball inside Michael's home. I glitched inside via online mode and was able to shoot it, though I'm sure you can do the same in single player.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users