Photo

Cool Things You Didn't Know About: V Edition

4,256 replies to this topic
caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

cars do the tick tick tick when leaving them after driving, like real life...so cool

there is a different animation for placing a sticky bomb on something right in front of you. normally we all throw them but walk up to a car and place one on it and the character gingerly puts it on the car. this was in GTAO last night i noticed it.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

When heavily damaged, vehicles leak oil from the engine. Only happens when the engine is running and vehicle is stopped

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by carmelo3, 16 December 2013 - 04:39 PM.

@NameLessFootsoldier

It actually worked for me, I think you're doing it wrong.

OT:

-  Unarmed Buzzards and Police Mavericks can be found patrolling in the skies of Vinewood and Davis.

- Davis is an independant city from LS, thus explaning why there is an LSSD station there.

-  Construction workers can be seen doing different activities, such as drilling to hammering a spot.

Not true, I just tried it and it didnt work (leave engine on)

OT:

In Atta there is a NPC you can interact with (the ones that come up as white dots) he's mexican so doesnt speak english, his dialogue will come up in subtitles. Cant remember the exact location but it's some sort of courtyard thing with East Los FM playing.

Amanda slept with another interactive NPC, the Jesus guy on the Del Perro pier

The Lost MC also hang out at a Motel in Paleto Bay, but there will only ever be a maximum of two of them present, and for some reason they dont shoot at Trevor straight away, unlike Lost MC members at other hang outs.

Rebel Radio's building is located just south of Route 68

If you wear a suit with Trevor, his walking animation will change, like to give the impression the suit is too tight for him

hoopereatspie
  • hoopereatspie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

I landed a chopper in an orchard whilst collecting ufo parts, the blades hit the trees, an avalanche of apples hit the ground! Ridiculous amounts of detail in this game!

• k0NG3ěRN likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Double tapping triangle does not keep the car on, he turns it off after the first tap. 

Your characters will automatically turn their headlights off at 6:20 am. 

Ermac
  • Ermac

Black Spasmodic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Police Helicopters will eventually give up chase once they run low on fuel. It's happened to me only once out in the desert.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

In GTA O, during the Cops Capacity mission, there is a yellow Dominator waiting near the grandes you must pick up. It comes with BP tires and if you finish the mission driving it, you can take it in free roam to LSC/your garage and make it yours. This way you can get a car with BP tires before you even hit level 20.

• Soran Is On and nspekta like this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

Double tapping triangle does not keep the car on, he turns it off after the first tap.

It works for me. *shrugs*

OT: Some people camp behind the Vinewood Sign. Amongst the ones I saw, there was a couple making out in a car, a Mesa parked next to three young people gathered around a campfire, and just a pair of security guards with flashlights.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

- A two mechanics and a towtruck can be found along Route 68 by Grasepeed or Sandy Shores, one of them is going to be fixing a Mesa and the other is going to be talking to the driver of such vehicle.

- People in Sandy shores are far different from the ones in Paleto Bay and Los Santos, they can be found coughting or sneezing, checking the time, drinking a beer at the Yellow Jack Inn. and doing BBQs.

- If you take out your gun and rob a car pressing R2/RT in the progress it will play an animation where you take the driver out at gunpoint. Some of the animations include the protagonist smashing the window or softly whipping them with the butt of the gun.

- Women in Rockford Hills can be found walking with a Purse.

- There is a lot more women than men in Rockford Hills.

- Facade is a parody of Windows, Ifruit is an obvious parody of Apple and Drone is an obvious parody of Android.

- When people are taking a photo, they will turn on the Hipster filter.

- You have to be very quick to kill someone whose about to call the Police, because sometimes it justs takes them the slight effort to push a button.

- If you happen to go by the road towards the Humane Labs with a wanted level FIB agents and Merryweather Soldiers will appear from a house/booth.

- Martin has a golf hole in his Ranch house off Vinewood hills, he has horse stables aswell.

- Porta potties doors can be opened and can be picked up by a cargobob.

- Michael takes Mollis.

- The First Aid Kit in one of Martin's stables can be opened.

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

Vehicles slide off off each other like they do in GTA 4. Which makes the titan useless.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:26 AM Edited by Osho, 17 December 2013 - 09:27 AM.

I still can't believe that the game looks soooo beautiful. It's an outstanding feat by Rockstar.

*applauds*

• Tashan, TOWILS and blakeney like this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

- Michael takes Mollis.

LMAO...that was unexpected compared to the other things you were listing. How do you know?

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Was exploring 'round the house through my 3rd playthrough after his familiy left him, looked at the small table infront of the couch and found a box of Mollis.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

- On the way to the Humane Labs there's sometimes a roadblock with a few FIB guys lingering around (I guess they're supposed to be IAA, but share the model). There's also a small house on the side of the road with agents in it.

- If you kill a monkey during the Humane Labs heist Michael will utter some funny comments.

- The IAA covers up the heist by saying that the only thing stolen was a perfume recipe.

- Rarely, you can find a drug deal happening in the LS sewers. If you approach, they'll open fire.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

I wish I knew were to find these so-called active pedestrians, the ones I've seen are either looking at their cellphones or smoking cigs.

I tried stalking a lady but it wasn't fun because she never called the cops or got scared by me walking behind her maybe people are only scared of Trevor he is one f*cked up individual.

I'm getting real tired of seeing stupid cop chases, I've watched cops chasing after a man on a motorcycle than once it was a fat guy in a semi truck, why don't police go after the gangsters? No wonder people hate GTA V, everyone's a suspect but the killer. I wish they would add a serial killer that goes around killing people to death.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

A fighter jet will run out of fuel after approx. 12 hours.

You can lock the tank turret in place if you call inside the tank someone who is not available (Chef in SP), hang up and leave the smartphone drawn. When you hide the smartphone, the turret will swing in the looking direction.

REXX
  • REXX

The Subject | The Hotchick

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

If you call a taxi to come a collect you close to a dirt track with a lot of drops, if the fastest route to your destination is along the dirt tracks, the taxi will go that way. If you hurry and the taxi goes over the edge and is falling upside down, when you hit skip, you will arrive with the taxi upside down.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

0_0.jpg

The bell in this church rings. Every hour, on the hour, it will ring the time. Lasts about 15 or so seconds at 12.

• GTAKid667 and Chief theef like this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:29 PM Edited by bikerman3, 20 December 2013 - 09:29 PM.

you can open the back of  trevor truck by walking into it and holding y in sp at least 

KingJay
  • KingJay

BTNHLegacy

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

NOOSE officers will drag injured comrades out of your line of fire. I thought this was pretty neat.

a friend of mine told me this the other day,i was like wuuuut.

and i love reading these,makes me wanna try them all.

Fellow Bone Thugs fan :)

• Ryder_from_the_grave likes this

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

69) Trevor wears no underwear when wearing a dress.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

- During the opening credits, the colors used to display the various titles such as "cutscene director" "lead environment artist" and so on, fluctuates between four different colors: bright green, light blue, bright orange and dark blue. These are the four colors associated to the four playable characters in GTA V as displayed on the character selection wheel; Franklin, Michael, Trevor and the Online protagonist.

I did notice that.

But did you notice, that before the first patch (1.01), which made O playable,

it was yellow instead of dark blue. Which is rather interesting because when you tried to switch to your GTA O character before O was released, his signature colour was yellow.

So yeah, in the beta, GTA O had a yellow interface/signature colour.

• GTAKid667 likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

two things i learned the hard way

- if you ram the hell outta somebodys vehicle they'll call the cops on you

- sometimes for driving too fast the cops will chase after you

- gangsters hate cops

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Yes he does, not only that, you can change it. You can buy him more dresses and underwear at Binco after you beat the storyline. 

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by lizardman563, 24 December 2013 - 10:02 PM.

The song "Nine is God" by Wavves, featured on Vinewood Boulevard Radio and written specifically for GTA V, describes the ending where

Spoiler

With the first verse being from Michael's perspective, and the second verse being from Trevor's perspective.

• Psychotic Bison, stjimmy3 and D-N-A like this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Don't know if its a glitch, but when I was playing as franklin and wearing a black hoodie, a guy patroling the area, got out and start shooting at me
  • lizardman563 likes this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

Don't know if its a glitch, but when I was playing as franklin and wearing a black hoodie, a guy patroling the area, got out and start shooting at me

LOL

Grand Theft Zimmerman V.

• Illousion, 018361, Officer Ronson and 2 others like this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

haha thats funny even if its bullsh*t

cant wait for the dlc

xcaliber81
  • xcaliber81

Pothead

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:08 AM

If your driving a motor bike certian nps will attack you if you flip them off long enough.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

Yes he does, not only that, you can change it. You can buy him more dresses and underwear at Binco after you beat the storyline. 

Only after the campaign?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users