Photo

Cool Things You Didn't Know About: V Edition

4,225 replies to this topic
jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

How do you do the Trevor in MIchael's house part?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

I was creeping around Michael's house as Trevor, stuck him in the backyard, switched to Michael, drove to Michael's house and went in the front door, switched back to Trevor, walked up to Michael's front door, switched back to Michael, opened the front door, Trevor barges in and asks if I want to hang out, declined and switched back to Trevor before he could leave the house. Voila. Trevor in Michael's house. Have fun insulting his family. 

I haven't tried this as Franklin yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

• Shah Sam likes this

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

I was creeping around Michael's house as Trevor, stuck him in the backyard, switched to Michael, drove to Michael's house and went in the front door, switched back to Trevor, walked up to Michael's front door, switched back to Michael, opened the front door, Trevor barges in and asks if I want to hang out, declined and switched back to Trevor before he could leave the house. Voila. Trevor in Michael's house. Have fun insulting his family. 

I haven't tried this as Franklin yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Cause he's black, lol
Don't know if this has been mention in this thread before, but hair grows back if you're playing through story mode. Not sure about freeroam.

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:30 AM

If Trevor Steals Michael's car Obey tailgator he will get a text from Micheal saying did you steal my car?

No other character will text if the other character stole there vehicle except them.

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:45 AM

I had mike standing outside his driveway. Drove trevor there in his stinger and got out ran half a block away. Switched to mike to steal his stinger and drove away. Switched back to trevor after a few min and he had stolen mikes obey tailgater that was parked on the street outside mikes house all on his own.
  • KidAmnesiac42 and D-N-A like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:39 AM Edited by nobum62, 05 December 2013 - 01:12 PM.

-if you insult a driver two times, then if they choose not to fight you, they will either drive back, hit the car behind them and drive around you, or just drive forwards and run you over.

-if you fall on the ground and a cop trips over you, you get a wanted level.

-if pedestrians want to fight you, you can just climb to the top of the car and they won't climb the car to fight you. they'll just stay down, with their fists up waiting to fight you while saying insults such as "F*CKING COCKSUCKER" and "sh*tdick, you hear me? sh*tdick?"

-if you call the cops on pedestrians who are fighting you, then when the cops arrive, they usually only do 5 seconds of investigating and leave.

-if they see you get punched by the pedestrian who wants to fight you, they will pull out their shotguns and shoot the sh*t out of that guy, i sh*t you not. then they go back to their car and drive away like nothing happened

EDIT: the AI sure is stupid

• EntretainMeOrDie and PedoneRosso like this

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

- During the opening credits, the colors used to display the various titles such as "cutscene director" "lead environment artist" and so on, fluctuates between four different colors: bright green, light blue, bright orange and dark blue. These are the four colors associated to the four playable characters in GTA V as displayed on the character selection wheel; Franklin, Michael, Trevor and the Online protagonist.

- Franklin is rewarded with 250$ at the completion of his first mission. Carl Johnson in San Andreas started out with 250$ in his pocket after Tenpenny stole most of his money in the introduction cinematic. The number '250' is also recalled at various situations in each GTA game, such as in radio messages, or as both the sum Niko Bellic earns during Three Leaf Clover and the money given to typing the 'refill health' cheat code in San Andreas, 250,000$.

- If you completed "Casing the Jewelry Store" mission but still has some missions related to Michael's family available, Lester will text Michael a message saying that he advises Michael to spend his final moments of retirement with his family before he gives out the Heist Preparatory missions.

- Michael will also text messages to Franklin once Heist Preparatory missions are available, indicating him that only a few 'loose ends' are left to do before the heist can commence.

- Each of the three playable character has his own bank account, and each can be viewed of their past transactions by either going to an ATM machine or browsing their account from the in-game Fleeca, Maze Bank, and Bank of Liberty websites for Franklin, Michael and Trevor respectively. Before you start purchasing items as either of the characters, you can browse through their history and see the past purchases they've made. For example Franklin had subscribed to a CandySuxx phone line, Michael -or rather Amanda- spent three grand on beauty parlors, and Trevor goes to clucking bells, ammunation, a Chinese massage parlor, and received multiple payments from Oscar Gomez, which totals to 99,700$. When made playable, Trevor begins with an additional nine thousand in his pocket.

• UltraGizmo64 and adictoGTA like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Blood doesn't pool up on the grass, it soaks into the ground.

Tupiz
  • Tupiz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

If you attack Trevor as Michael, he will kill you.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

- There is a rehabilitation center in Vinewood hills where people do yoga, among other things

And you'll occasionally see paparazzi camped outside the front gates.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

- There is a rehabilitation center in Vinewood hills where people do yoga, among other things

Map location?  :bbq:

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:04 AM Edited by Nameless Foot Soldier, 09 December 2013 - 12:06 AM.

1) Lester references your online character around when he mentions Niko.

2) There are illegal races going on in the storm drain at times.

3) Chatterbox radio is unavailable in outside of the city. Instead, it becomes static and gives out to a new radio station only available in Blaine County witch is also a talk show.

4) There are indeed different water levels for the ocean. It depends on time of day and what the weather is when it concerns the tides of water.

5) Fire spreads on wood and grass surfaces. It can't be a gasoline fire.

6) Bushes can hide you when sneaking or trying to hide.

• k0NG3ěRN likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

- Emergency personel such as Firefighters and Paramedics tend to respond quicker to an Airplane crash rather than a lonely injured person.

- At 3 Stars a pursuit theme will start to play, it will varie depending on which part of the map you happen to be in. Most of them are remixes of songs such as ''No happy Endings'' and ''North Yankton Memories''

- SWAT has been autorizhed to use lethal force, so even if you stop your car to give yourself up an Operative will approach you if hes close to you, but instead of busting you he'll take you out of the car and shoot you on the ground.

- Lamar's sandals flop, but Wade's dont.

- Pistol whipping somebody with a Tazer will not give you the flash screen, meaning that you didn't kill them.

- Sometimes cows can be found in the Roads in Grasepeed.

SlickDick
  • SlickDick

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

Map location?  :bbq:

018zQSg.png

• KidAmnesiac42, JustOneMonth and fordguy101 like this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

In your online appartment, you will find a food blender in the kitchen with an ifruit dock. I think the fabian yoga app is on it iirc.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 13 December 2013 - 05:14 PM.

I've mostly noticed things about traffic.

- There will be more traffic on the highways during rush hour (4 - 6pm) than there will be in mid-afternoon.

- Drivers won't get all pissy when you stop at a red light.

- NPCs seem to anticipate your moves; for example, I was turning left while going through a red light, and a car in the other lane stopped. If he hadn't, I would have hit him.

- Drivers react differently depending on who they are. If you hit them, truck driver might instantly jump out and try to beat your ass, while a young woman might just flip you off.

- Some drivers get out of their vehicles to examine the damage done after a collision.

- I don't know if this was a glitch, but during a bad thunderstorm cars started pulling over on the highway and stayed there. I didn't stay to see if they continued driving when the storm finished.

- Most people know this, but drivers of all convertible cars will put their tops up when it starts raining.

- One of the coolest things I noticed is that if you hit a car softly, the driver may be injured and lean on the steering wheel as if they were dead, but then get out of their car with blood on them.

- If you honk at a crowd of people, they will all react differently.

- In Blaine County (mostly on dirt roads in the middle of nowhere) cars may pull over to the side so the driver can smoke a cigarette or take a piss.

• Midnightz, UltraGizmo64 and KidAmnesiac42 like this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:28 PM Edited by mr. libs, 13 December 2013 - 06:55 PM.

If one of the three characters is pinned underneath a car they will crawl out on their bellies.

if you trigger Trevor's rage mode and hit someone you'll kill them instead of knocking them out.

probably not that new but if you un-equip weapons when driving you'll flip people off did it in front of a cop and got a star lol.

The police response time when calling the cops is shorter than in GTAIV where they would automatically spawn right around the corner, in GTA V cops actually take their time arriving to the scene.. very realistic.

The best thing for me is that you can save the game manually anywhere in the game world and it will load up your last known locations and continue right from where you left off.. for example: I saved driving and reloaded my game save and I was still in the car, it's like pausing a movie then hitting play and resuming right where you left off.. very impressive as this really helps when you're on a property mission and you can't quite make it there so you can save immediately after getting the property management texts, load game and then go right to them.

you can sort of start a gang-war in grove street or strawberry if you have a sniper rifle and shoot across the train tracks to the opposite side, so if you're standing across from grove street you can shoot at the ballers and they'll come running towards you and the families will see them and open fire getting the two to have a shootout which is fun sometimes cops get involved as well, can probably also be done with other gangs like the Vagos, Marabunta Grande and triads/Koreans haven't tried yet but any two gangs that share a boundary between territories it should be possible to provoke them into killing each other.

• no_snacks and D-N-A like this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

- Peds do have dynamic life, but only to a degree. For example, they'll park their cars in a parking lot to go use an ATM machine, then get back in their car and drive away. As mentioned above, you can also see stars in the rehab facility along with paparazzi and stuff.

- On the highway near the hippy camp, you can find two cars pulling to the side of the road, the drivers getting out and exchanging a package. Then they'll get back in their cars and drive away.

- Gardeners can be found in Rockford Hills.

- Kind of like in GTA SA, cars park in driveways. Since the drivers obviously can't go inside the house, they'll sometimes just sit on their front porch and look out at the street, smoke a cigarette or take out a book.

- You can find gang members in Chamberlain Hills smoking weed together.

- One of Michael's switch scenes is him being berated by a security guard at a dog park for smoking. When he walks away, he usually crosses the street and gets hit by a car. The driver may call 911 or drive away, but either way an ambulance shows up and tries to revive him to no avail.

• PedoneRosso and SmokesWithCigs like this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

Michael can wear a beanie

0_0_zpsa2c91670.jpg

first start the Triathlon race than quit and go to his safehouse and remove the goggles in his wardrobe, you can now wear the swimming cap like a beanie.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

SamHBS
  • SamHBS

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

I just realized that Marnie from the Epsilon missions is the same girl you take to the train station in IV. Apparently she traded one addiction for another.

OMG, that's true. Awesome!

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 14 December 2013 - 01:03 PM.

-Visiting a prostitute increases your stamina.

-If you have Michael hang out with his wife Amanda and go drinking, you get much deeper insight into their relationship via original dialogue.

-If you go swimming with Michael and track water indoors when Amanda is home, she will yell at you.

-If you shoot rockets at Micheal's house, he will call or text you saying "Stop firing rockets at my house". This is also possible with Franklin but I'm not sure if it's possible with Trevor.

-If you follow random female NPCs around the city they will sometimes get nervous, look over their shoulder, and start walking faster.

-Older cars have squeaky brakes and can be harder to start.

-If you go into the ammunation near Vanilla Unicorn after the mission "The Long Stretch" ,the clerk will have a

conversation with Franklin, talking about how the experience was that of a movie.

-Your vehicle can get dirty in Blaine County and NPC's will remark about it.

-Sometimes topless women will party at Vinewood mansions. Snap pictures of them with your phone and they’ll call you a creep and their boyfriends will pick fights with you.

Credit to Ign for some of the points

• adictoGTA, KidAmnesiac42 and PedoneRosso like this

jammy445
  • jammy445

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by jammy445, 14 December 2013 - 01:31 PM.

When i ran in front of someguys car, he shouted "Im moving to Vice City" quite cool :p

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

I parked in front of a police car in the middle of a road, and the passenger cop pulled out his flashlight. The little things in this game...

m0zz
  • m0zz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

- At the beach, if you drive slowly on a air mattress it will blows up

- If you shot with a gun on a beach ballon, it will blows up too

- When launching game, characters will be at random spots with random clothing. Sometimes Trevor wear a dress and he has no underwear !

- When hunting with Trevor, if you get attacked by a puma and go into special skill, you won't die

(sry, bad englando)

• claesn, Mightymomo22 and k0NG3ěRN like this

backfromthestorm
  • backfromthestorm

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

There's a calender in Lesters house with Sept 17th marked off in red pen.
  • Big Danny K likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

- People in the beach will turn hostile if you decide to interrupt their party (During the night) if you show up as in a Cop car with lights and sirens on.

- The Police is heavily missintepreted, they actually rely on sounds. So if you decide to evade them you need to misslead them somewhere by shooting with a non-silenced gun, then leaving your position with stealth, if escaping by car turn off your headlights and turn the radio off. You can even get away with destroying 47 cars in 23 seconds.

- If you decide to call 911 near a Police station, Officers will run towards your location either on foot or taking a car from the station.

- You can leave your engine on if you double tap Triangle/Y.

- The spotlight in the Interceptor works independantly from the headlights.

- The game tends to remind you that you're playing GTA V, from having a small V stuffed into a hat to having a huge V in a building.

- Police officers will warn you with having their hands on their dutybelt's holster, while Gang members will do it by having their hands on their waistline.

- Some people sitting can be found using Tablets, tilting it to get a better view and dragging pages with their finger.

-

• KidAmnesiac42, no_snacks, PedoneRosso and 1 other like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:01 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 16 December 2013 - 08:08 AM.

If you can see the Blimp you can shoot it down with a Sniper Rifle. Even from a mile away. 

You can't use the Jerry can in the rain, as it washes away the gas.

In the mission "Lamar Down" if you position Trevor by the Bulldozer he'll drive it through the shootout. Franklin will not.

In the mission "Hood Safari" you can escape however you want. You can switch to either Franklin or Trevor, and then choose to either follow Lamar, the one you didn't switch to, or you escape alone. There's different dialogue depending on who you are and who you go with.

NPC's will say stuff like "Holy sh*t!" and "That's unreal" when you use the Super Jump cheat around them.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

- If you decide to call 911 near a Police station, Officers will run towards your location either on foot or taking a car from the station.

Must try the double tap Y and I will also try the 911 call.

The police response time when calling the cops is shorter than in GTAIV where they would automatically spawn right around the corner, in GTA V cops actually take their time arriving to the scene.. very realistic.

If you talking about:

1. Calling 911 - youre right

2. Pedestrains calling  911 on you - youre wrong

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by Nameless Foot Soldier, 16 December 2013 - 01:56 PM.

Did not work. Are you sure? Let's not put things that are not true.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

@NameLessFootsoldier

It actually worked for me, I think you're doing it wrong.

OT:

-  Unarmed Buzzards and Police Mavericks can be found patrolling in the skies of Vinewood and Davis.

- Davis is an independant city from LS, thus explaning why there is an LSSD station there.

-  Construction workers can be seen doing different activities, such as drilling to hammering a spot.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users