Photo

Cool Things You Didn't Know About: V Edition

4,256 replies to this topic
hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

Don't know if anyone found this out yet here in the thread, but you can easily get Mike, Frank, and trevor together by calling them both to hang out and picking them up after you call both.

Works with everyone who has each person's number and either knows them or have the option to hang out. Sooo

Mike, Frank, Trevor
Frank, Trevor, Lamar
Frank, Trevor, Jimmy (maybe haven't tried yet)
Mike, Amanda, Jimmy (same)

Lamar doesn't fight back with a gun, jimmy i would assume the same as well as amanda. After awhile someone will get spooked and or injured even if tbey don't get shot. Frank almost never gets injured and Trevor never gets spooked.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

When in Blaine County, a new station is added to the radio wheel, "Blaine County Radio". You can hear Ron on it, and he will play a clip of Trevor telling him that he does not want to come on the radio. If you're listening to it and you leave Blaine County, the station will start to get static-y, will disappear off the radio wheel and will automatically change the station to Blue Ark.

• Nikobellic303 and Aerosmithfan999 like this

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:49 PM Edited by voyager, 12 May 2014 - 04:50 PM.

Lamar doesn't fight back with a gun, jimmy i would assume the same as well as amanda. After awhile someone will get spooked and or injured even if tbey don't get shot. Frank almost never gets injured and Trevor never gets spooked.

it's true neither Lamar, Jimmy nor Amanda use weapons. it would be nice if an update to SP would allow at least Lamar to carry a gun; he's a banger, it makes sense that A and J wouldn't, but it seems pretty odd to me that L isn't packing at least a pistol. 

it's not true that Trevor "never gets spooked" 

since completing the main story, i've spent the bulk of my time playing almost exclusively as F, and taking T and M out as ride-alongs while i just enjoy the map and the traffic. 

when the !#@$ goes down, M is 9 times out of 10 the first to get "injured" and T gets spooked almost every time M is injured, sometimes before. i've had M get spooked too, but T is spooked more often. 
A, L and J are all pretty easily spooked, L being the least likely of those three. (at least, in my copy of the game. i doubt different copies would behave any differently though)

if you're not able to spook T, you're not getting into enough trouble jejeje 

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

Don't know if anyone found this out yet here in the thread, but you can easily get Mike, Frank, and trevor together by calling them both to hang out and picking them up after you call both.

if you want all three protags together, you have to call the other 2 before picking up either one. you can't call a third once you've picked one up. 

T complains about your lateness if you don't arrive promptly, but i haven't heard M or F do it, though i haven't experimented to see if they never complain. 

if you are on the phone asking the 3rd protag to hang out and get too close to the friend-meeting-place of the 1st you called, sometimes even if you finish the phone conversation, the 3rd will not be available to hang out. i suggest you finish the phone convo with the 3rd at least a whole block away to avoid that glitch. 

after you've called 1 or both of the other protags, and before you've picked any of them up, you can switch characters. this way you can decide who is driving (and who is playable) while hanging out. if you call one protag to hang out often enough, it will trigger that protag to decline your offer, saying you're a clingy emo fag (paraphrased). to work around that, you can switch to one of the other protags and initiate the hangout, then switch back to the character that's been calling too often. that way the protag who was sick of you calling all the time will not have any objections. 

for example, F calls T and M but T says "you call me too much" -- switch to T and call F, F will accept, or switch to M and call T, T will accept -- then switch back to F and T will still hang out. 

a1htx
  • a1htx

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:47 PM Edited by a1htx, 12 May 2014 - 08:40 PM.

Just found this out by accident. If you smash the register at the Alamo tattoo place in sandy shores then exit the building and walk across the street and come directly back you will hear the register smash open and the bag of money will appear again. You can do it unlimited times. Edit: actually after checking this works at any clothing store or tattoo place. Just go far enough away so the interior of the store refreshes but not the outside. This way it won't lock the doors but the registers reset and you won't become wanted by doing it either.

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

Have you noticed I've been gone?

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:01 AM

You can turn off the flashlight on a weapon by pressing right on the D-pad while aiming.

G's Ah's
  • G's Ah's

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:44 AM

The mention of Hollywood snuck in the game in Dirty White Boy song.

LA and California are also mentioned in the Steve Miller Band song Rock n Me

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:05 AM

There's a buzzard variation without any weapons, but still has a spotlight.
Pressing right on the d-pad activates the spotlight.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

The mention of Hollywood snuck in the game in Dirty White Boy song.

LA and California are also mentioned in the Steve Miller Band song Rock n Me

Also there's the song "Hollywood Nights".

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

You can sometimes find it on Police Station roofs in Singleplayer.

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

If you skydive with Trevor, you don't need a parachute. Just activate his special ability before you hit the ground.

• no_snacks and Aerosmithfan999 like this

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

Let's Drop the Beat!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

It also spawns in Online you just gotta fly a Ambulance Heli or something

On topic: You can use a certain action whilst taking selfies added with 1.13

0_0.jpg

• Midnightz likes this

Average white guy
  • Average white guy

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

In single player a orange BF Injection always spawns next to the Mckenzie Hangar.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

You can activate snowy weather, by cycling through the change weather cheat.

And you can go higher than the ceiling limit, if you activate the moon gravity cheat.
  • Midnightz likes this

Chief theef
  • Chief theef

Undercover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:58 PM Edited by WasHanin, 13 May 2014 - 11:03 PM.

You can land a buzzard on top of the blimp (in the sky). And you can get out and walk around on it.

If you don't have an online connection, the dlcs get "uninstalled".

You can do a front wheelie on a bike by pressing down, up, reverse. You can also bunny hop while doing it.

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

It also spawns in Online you just gotta fly a Ambulance Heli or something
0_0.jpg
Nope. That is a Police Maverick with Air Ambulance livery. In singleplayer there is a chance that an Unarmed Buzzard will spawn instead of the Police Heli.

Voggs
  • Voggs

Just like the white winged dove

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

0_0.jpg

Looks like that is another Online exclusive... I just tried to do that in SP, doesn't work for me.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Spoiler

Wait...how could you do that?

SkyRex
  • SkyRex

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

I dont know if its known or if its new info, but for me it was new as i discovered it just a day ago:

Apparently not only the Bullet or Fuel-Trailers can leak fuel, but it seems like every car can do so.

The tank seems to be located just between the rear wheels on most cars and by shooting onto and near the wheels ( best case the gap between the wheel and the bodywork, so ur bullets hit whats behind the wheel) it will eventually start leaking. U have to watch under the car, as the "hole" in the tank will allways be underneath the tank and leaks on the road.

I tested several cars and all had the leaking "ability"

When driving in this state you can run out of fuel pretty quickly and u can ignite the trail ur drawing behind you ( Just like the leaking Bullet ( where the Tank is on the Hood))

Is this only new for me or didnt you know it either?

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

I dont know if its known or if its new info, but for me it was new as i discovered it just a day ago:

Apparently not only the Bullet or Fuel-Trailers can leak fuel, but it seems like every car can do so.

The tank seems to be located just between the rear wheels on most cars and by shooting onto and near the wheels ( best case the gap between the wheel and the bodywork, so ur bullets hit whats behind the wheel) it will eventually start leaking. U have to watch under the car, as the "hole" in the tank will allways be underneath the tank and leaks on the road.

When driving in this state you can run out of fuel pretty quickly and u can ignite the trail ur drawing behind you ( Just like the leaking Bullet ( where the Tank is on the Hood))

Everyone knows this since about October 2013. Thanks tho.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

Everyone knows this since about October 2013. Thanks tho.

Haha, I actually didn't know until, I saw a YouTube video about it a couple days ago XD .

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:39 PM

So many unknown things, incredible. I have more, but for now these things comes to my mind:

- When you talk to Chef (as trevor), he will most of the times fast walk to get away from Trevor. He does not talk (not heard him).

- Some contacts will always be: "busy'' when you call them.

- When you talk to Grove street gang members as Micheal, he will indirectly mention Franklin.

- When you are driving near a hooker with a police car. Nothing happens. But when you put the siren on, most of the times the hooker will run away to not get caught.

- Before Franklin and Trevor get to know each other. They will call each others name when they meet.

- Franklin, Trevor and Micheal seem to have a different AI than NPC's. As example, Franklin and Trevor got in a fight near the hospital. Franklin crouched behind a car, and then Trevor climbed up the hospital ladder to get a better angle at him. Don't think that i have seen a cop do this.

- You will die faster when you fight against a protagonist.

- Protagonist seem to hang on the spot where you have switched from him. Making this meeting the protagonists pretty easy.

- You can talk to Amanda as Trevor or Franklin.

- Amanda seem to wear the same clothes every time when you hang out with her.

- There will be unique dialogue when you hang for a long time with whatever person.

- Protagonist seem to follow the traffic rules when you are not the protagonist. 

- Protagonist always seems to insult when talking to a NPC who is in a vehicle.

- Police in Sandy Shores seem to know his name. They will say Trevor's name on the speaker at times.

Works with everyone who has each person's number and either knows them or have the option to hang out. Sooo

Mike, Frank, Trevor
Frank, Trevor, Lamar
Frank, Trevor, Jimmy (maybe haven't tried yet)
Mike, Amanda, Jimmy (same)

Is there some dialogue between the persons? Are they aware of each others presence?

If you skydive with Trevor, you don't need a parachute. Just activate his special ability before you hit the ground.

Really? lol.

• GTA564 likes this

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

Have you noticed I've been gone?

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

Like it's real life counterpart, the Vinewood Sign originally read "Vinewoodland".

0_0.jpg

• voyager and Ezza. like this

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:27 AM Edited by voyager, 15 May 2014 - 03:28 AM.

i didn't know in that much detail (thanks!), but i did know every vehicle can leak fuel. a few weeks before release day, when spoilers stated popping up on the forum, i quit looking at anything about GTA on the internet. i wanted to discover everything for myself. only in the last two months i've started looking at weapon & armor location maps etc - wow there was a lot right under my nose haha. 

but i've spent a lot of time driving around on "hangout" since finishing the story - letting my passengers shoot up other cars. until they explode (note: you need to stay pretty far away from another car to not get yourself blown up too!) so i've noticed gas leaking out of many different vehicles. 

on a related note: the gas tanks on semis are clearly visible on their sides. so it's pretty effin dangerous to be along side one doing drive-bys. 

the BF injection and dune buggy are the easiest vehicles to explode if you are chasing and shooting at it - being as the engine and gas tank are exposed. i guess the beach bum cars are probably like that too, but they don't spawn in traffic, and i don't play MP, so don't know for sure. 

LucasTehNoob
  • LucasTehNoob

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:06 AM Edited by LucasTehNoob, 15 May 2014 - 04:07 AM.

When you double click the quick action button (R3 on PS3) You'll do the same action you do when you win a race or event. (Same Action but preformed differently)

Voggs
  • Voggs

Just like the white winged dove

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:24 AM

When you double click the quick action button (R3 on PS3) You'll do the same action you do when you win a race or event. (Same Action but preformed differently)

I think that came with the update, but err... this isn't an Online thread. It's for V.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

Too much damn details!

For all the people that appreciate details, this one is for you. There is more but for now these things come to my mind.

-  Sandy Shores is partly based on a real life place called: "Slab city". A description of: "Slab city" : "This bizarre, lawless land in the California desert is inhabited by drug addicts, eccentrics, army vets, hippies and just plain old weirdos. Slab City is referred to by its residents as "the last free place in America.''. Also, it maybe explains the bikers hangout called: "Stab city''.

- There seems to be a Mexican gang gang member who is actually a transvestite (born as a male). When you talk to him/her, it will give a male voice.

- Ron seems to have battle cries. With the cloning glitch, Trevor could actually get in a fist fight with Ron. And Ron will shout certain things.

- Punches from female bodybuilders, will cause the health to go down faster than from regular females.

- When a protagonist walks by a vehicle he will most of the time point his head in it's direction.

- If you hang out with Amanda, at a certain point she will say that she wished to have stay in North Yankton. Meaning that she either was born or lived there.

- OG loc has it's own star on the Vinewood Hall of fame.

- There seem to be wall paints of animals across Blaine County

- Peds can go in a fist fight with each other without the protagonist causing it.

- It is possible that Denise is a freemason. In the house there are certain books and pictures that hint that. There is big picture with the pyramid and the all seeing eye with in the pyramid 6 stars in it. The number: ''6'', is not by accident. It is said the freemasonry has ties with illuminati In front of the picture is picture of Denise. There are also books on symbols, freemasons are known for using symbols. It's also said that Freemasons want to find their higher self, to gain overall/certain knowledge. Denise has also spiritual books. And there is a statue of an Egyptian obelisk. It is said that it is also a certain symbol for Freemasons.

- When riding near grove street members as Franklin, they will at times shout to stay away from them. This is maybe because they know that Franklin is doing business with certain people. They maybe see it as: "selling out''.

- Trevor has in the first part of the game, most of the time positive greetings towards Ron. Later on, it's most of time, negative.

- The body of the protagonist will look different with certain clothes. More veins, more toned legs and etc.

- Npc's are more aggressive when you enter their property.

Animal painting:

35lyxyw.jpg

Slab city:

Slab-City-2011-4_thumb1.jpg?imgmax=800

slab_city.jpg

• ten-a-penny and Tikhung like this

TheR1mmer
  • TheR1mmer

Leader of MSF

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

Im sorry for going off topic here, but I have been sat at work bored out my mind for last 2 days and i drifted onto these forums. I have read every single post on this tread now and i have to applaud you all for your hard work and teaching someone who has spend over 9 days real time in the GTA V world that there is always more to find.

Well done Guys :lol:

• Wolfhuman and stjimmy3 like this

waikzguy8998
  • waikzguy8998

Desert Rat

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Night time, head to the redneck camp just west of Grapeseed along the Alamo Sea and you'll find a dancing, bearded man tap-dancing to Ozark Mountain Daredevils, quite well actually

Once I killed him and I thought that if I wait a bit it will appear there again
But he did not, and he will not be there again

yeah i heard about that,,,last time i accidentally blew up the complex i avoided saving lol.  you notice though that if you start shooting the other ppl around, he'll keep dancing

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Top speed of a fully modded Feltzer is 220 mph. Zentorno is currently the car with the fastest top speed when you fully mod it (228 mph).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users