Photo

Cool Things You Didn't Know About: V Edition

4,209 replies to this topic
xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

The tinted windows on my Banshee might have been done in the save editor. The primary color is "Worn Black" and not matte, and that can only be done in the editor. I've never noticed that it wasn't available at LSC.

• LightningLord likes this

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

- Castro Langano is the toughest golf opponent.

It's true, took me over 9000 times to kick his ass, he can even score a hole in one. :sui:
When I finally defeated him it was so satisfying.
  • PhilosophicalZebra likes this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

"Where were you last night?"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:31 AM

This isn't supported by all details in the game but I noticed the Benefactor Feltzer has 666 Horsepower. The Nazis (from Germany) were believed to worship the devil (could be wrong.) Benefactor is a parody of Mercedes. Which is also from Germany. 666 is the "number of the devil." Of course Germany isn't evil anymore but it's a strange coincidence.
  • ten-a-penny and Pastry like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:53 AM

Common knowledge to many but some folks still don't know this:

When saving the game at a safe house, each character will sleep for a different amount of time. Michael will sleep for 6 hours, Franklin for 8, and Trevor for 12.

• livejoker, gevans81, Raavi and 3 others like this

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

- Castro Langano is the toughest golf opponent.

It's true, took me over 9000 times to kick his ass, he can even score a hole in one. :sui:
When I finally defeated him it was so satisfying.

I've beaten him about 3 out of 10 times. The other guy Todd is really bad though. Sometimes he finishes 10 over

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

The rank patches on some of the LSPD officers are actual ranks within the LAPD.

- Two stripes and a diamond represent a Police Detective I.

- Two stripes represent a Police Officer III.

- Two stripes and a star represent a Police Officer III that performs special duties.

• CantThinkOfOne2013, Pastry and LightningLord like this

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

When you switch to Trevor and he's in a police chase, the police chasing you don't carry any weapons, so you can have a good fist fight with them, or just shoot them as they run at you like idiots.
  • GroundZero, ten-a-penny, Tacymist and 3 others like this

Lead
  • Lead

Im leaving Gtaforums soon.Bye.

• BUSTED!
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

If you are camping near the enterance of a building and in a hardcore shootout with swat they will do breach & clear tactic first they take cover then other swat throws 2 tear gas and other swat enters shooting at a target. Im a SWAT myself :p

McGoooo420
  • McGoooo420

Photographer

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

another some dont know, you can always request your last vehicle from you interaction menu.. even if your mechanic is "busy"

• FoxtrotCharlie likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 30 March 2014 - 01:17 PM.

Spoiler

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:59 PM Edited by Xerukal, 30 March 2014 - 01:59 PM.

Spoiler

That... is actually a hilarious oversight.

Spoiler

• lol232, GroundZero, Lead and 2 others like this

Lead
  • Lead

• BUSTED!
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

LMAO DAT MICHAELS AND TREVORS FACE AHAHHAAHAHA

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

I:Coast Guard Vessels will only patrols the shore of the airport and Blaine county, Los Santos itself is patrolled by its own harbour patrol.

II:Spilling some water over a small pool of blood will cause it to become bigger. (Shoot someone near a water tank and if he leaves a small blood of pool, shoot the water tank, this will cause it to leak water in the direction you shot, preferably the blood pool and it'll become bigger.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

Unlocking the golf outfit by playing a full game of golf unlocks new golf pants in the sportswear section of Ponsonbys for all three characters.

Speaking of Ponsonbys, Mike and Frank can purchase new underwear, wifebeaters and t-shirts in one of the racks near the clothing booths.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

The three main characters in-game birthplaces mirror where their voice actors were actually born.

Michael was born in the mid-west, while his voice actor Ned Luke was born in Illinois.

Franklin was born in Los Santos, while his voice actor Shawn Fonteno was born in Los Angeles.

Finally, Trevor was born in Canada near the US border, while his voice actor, Steven Ogg was born in Calgary, which is in Canada near the US border.

Lead
  • Lead

• BUSTED!
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Enemy P-996 Lazer will use its 25mm canons to shoot you down (Online only)
But in singleplayer it will only use its Rockets.

thehambone
  • thehambone

I swear, I thought she was my second cousin.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

GTA V is the first GTA game where NPC tank drivers use the cannon.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

actually, this is the second game which tank NPCs use the turret/cannon. first is GTA Chinatown Wars. two blasts and you're dead in said game.

• Pastry likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

Ned Luke actually gained 25 pounds of body weight in order to play Michael (middle aged and overweight) convincingly.

http://www.examiner....y-michael-gta-5

thehambone
  • thehambone

I swear, I thought she was my second cousin.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

actually, this is the second game which tank NPCs use the turret/cannon. first is GTA Chinatown Wars. two blasts and you're dead in said game.

Ah, thank you! I was afraid one of those handheld games may have had this feature because I have never played any of them. Thanks for clarifying! :^:

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:22 PM Edited by TheDeaconBosco, 30 March 2014 - 08:23 PM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• dagangsta likes this

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

Go to a bar at night (or maybe it's just the bar in PB), and you can hear music.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by coldmurda, 30 March 2014 - 10:29 PM.

Please delete post

That Inactive Guy
  • That Inactive Guy

Player Lover

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

That Golden Retriver you see running around the beach in the intro is a reference to that GTA SA dog conspiracy vid, the one where the guy looked at some screenshots or something, that got over a million views. I've tried looking for it, but I think the guy deleted it.

This also ties in with the well-known Scooter Brothers.

FoxtrotCharlie
  • FoxtrotCharlie

Dude-Meister

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

In that mission were you get scammed by the balla @ CJs old house and then hijack that rappers jetskis from his music video, if you kill him during the mission you can hear the radio reports after about how he was killed, if you don't kill him, you don't hear the report :)

But even if you spare him the news report online will say that he is dead, same with Dr. Freidlander (sp) if you spare him the online report will still say he is dead.

/

When hailing a taxi you can can ride in the front passenger seat.

Because Friedlander and the rapper die either way, off-screen.
That's true with Friedlander, but MC Clip is reported to die in the same situation whether he is spared or not. ("...was killed by three men who then escaped to the Los Santos sewers in jetskis.)

Friedlander doesn't necessarily die.  He is killable but if you let him escape he gets to have a TV show and taunts you via phone whereas if he's just injured (I shot him in the leg) he only gets a radio show.  Eventually you start to see adverts from his new practice (he doesn't seem to be doing so well these days, the old fraud).   But if you try to book an appointment he won't see you (as Michael anyway-wonder why?) ;-D  
I only tried this a couple of times: didn't want to kill him as I wanted to talk to him more, didn't want him to escape though, since he's such a fraud!

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:56 AM

^i didn't kill him either. I figured Michael wouldn't kill him over something that's not even that big of a deal. I started to chase him but he was already pretty far up the road so I just let him go.

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

Bit of a slow-poke here, but I only just realised that M, T & F can make comments to dead peds.

I just beat up a ped for saying something pretentious (as you do), then was putting in a cheat code while standing next to her.

When I hit the right button for the code, Michael said something like "Maybe you'll keep your mouth shut next time....er...well, you get what I mean."  :lol:

I suppose I just never bothered speaking to a dead ped before, so it's something new to me.

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

I'd rather not have this topic die so...

Did you know that there are random numbers scattered around Los Santos and Blaine County that can be dialed and lead to random phone conversations, prank calls or just neat secrets like music.

WHAT
Where are these numbers?! That sounds awesome

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Bit of a slow-poke here, but I only just realised that M, T & F can make comments to dead peds.

I just beat up a ped for saying something pretentious (as you do), then was putting in a cheat code while standing next to her.

When I hit the right button for the code, Michael said something like "Maybe you'll keep your mouth shut next time....er...well, you get what I mean."  :lol:

I suppose I just never bothered speaking to a dead ped before, so it's something new to me.

Now I don't know if I knew this already.  :blink: I mean it sounds obvious and I use the talk button a lot, but I'm not sure if I ever used it in that situation. Also, I wish they kept the left/right arrow for positive/negative, not just 'oh well lets see if it's gonna be a nice greeting or a punch-to-the-face situation'. I mean, the left arrow isn't even used, is it? (on foot)

So, now I have to make something up to add to this thread. Well, I just found out that Trevor's standard car (Bodhi) has a lot of cool customization options (are they unique?). Don't know why I never thought about changing it, since I've modded both Franklin's and Michael's car. The Bodhi has a cool cage and bull horns now.  :lol:

Speaking of LSC, I just found out none of my characters owned LSC. I've been paying for these mods for ages like a retard.

• no_snacks likes this

TheticalFlyer97
  • TheticalFlyer97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Left arrow is used to trigger sticky bombs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users