Photo

Cool Things You Didn't Know About: V Edition

2,923 replies to this topic
PandaPuke
  • PandaPuke

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

6)You can customize tracy and Amanda's cars and they will always be like that.
7) The window in Michael's bathroom can be opened and closed and you can jump in and out of it.
8) The rusty tractor thing near the house across from the lighthouse can be driven.
9) you can shoot birds out of the sky, or smash into them with planes.
10) There is a hot rod blazer at Trevor's desert safe house after you complete the last mission.

How do you open the bathroom window? I tried but it won't budge.
Just run into it and Michael will push it open, then just jump out. Sometime you have to do it a couple times before he actually pushes it.

just run and jump at the window

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:35 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 16 November 2013 - 09:52 PM.

I've only been able to open the bathroom window from the outside. 

I will take a picture of the thing that shocks you. It might not be called a transformer. I'm no electrician. All I know is I saw something that looked like it would electrocute me, and sure enough it did. EDIT: Here. Climb on this thing. http://rsg.ms/1b0jbBt 

On topic: If you spin your tires back and forth in the mud, you'll kick up mud onto the bottom of your car.  

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

I just realized that Marnie from the Epsilon missions is the same girl you take to the train station in IV. Apparently she traded one addiction for another.

how the hell did i miss this?my mind is blown i forgot all about her
  • BallinOutOfMind and Retardation like this

SoulTrain75
  • SoulTrain75

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

the higgins helicopter landing pads could be a reference from a character in the old magnum p.i. tv show named higgins.

the palmer power station could be a reference from the 80's band the power station whos singer is robert palmer.

• D-N-A likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

The game has a big range of pedestrians to with their theme, even bigger than other GTA games made for even more detail, this is the most of them:

- Union Workers

- Construction Workers

- Security Guards

- Cops

- Deputy Sheriffs

- Special Teams - Both SWAT and Federal

- Military - Without and with Gear

- Hipsters

- Epsilonists

- Gay people

- Waiters and Waitresses

- Nurses

- Doctors

- Paramedics

- Firefighters

- Bussiness men & women

- Gang bangers

- Rednecks

- Chinese mobsters

- Taxi Drivers

- Clowns

- Maitenance

- Postal service workers

- Delivery men

- Garbage men

- Hobos

- Private Militatia Soldiers

- Helicopter Pilots (Police and NOOSE)

- Pilots

- Taxi Drivers

- Sports freaks

- Motocross Racers

- Lap Dancers

- Protistutes

- Wedding: Priest, Bribe and Groom and guests

- University Students

- Rich Old People

- Real State Agents

- Federal Agents

- Body Guards

- Fame or Shame Staff

- Bouncers

- Farmers

- Slaughter House Factory Workers

- Bank Employees

- Beach Pedestrians

- Seashark racers

- Coast Guards

- Lifeguards

- Garment Factory workers

- Hitmen

- Detectives

- Public Transport Drivers

- Truck Drivers

- Joggers

- Gym people

- Park Rangers

- Hikers

- Prisioners

- Correctionals Officers

- Jews

- Mechanics

- Tow truck drivers

- Pest Control

- Restaurant Employees

- Golf club members

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- When Idle normal pedestrians will pull out their phones or take a smoke by default

- Like San Andreas, Pedestrians will react to dead bodies and they will look at it and turn around walking scared and even take a picture.

- Being a parody of SoCal, Pedestrians don't actually expect it to rain so when walking under the rain they will change their pace and shiver looking down

- Attacking Emergency personel or Autorithy figures such as Guards or Firefighters will give you an automatic one star wanted level

- Each Gang has a fleet of cars consisting of fully modified Mananas and Tornados, depending on the gang the colour will be different

- The Ambulance has three liveries consisting in of a Hospital Liverie, a Private Company Liverie and a Fire Department Liverie

- The Dashound was ment to appear in San Andreas originally

- Military Personell have the same cone of vision as Police

- Pedestrians with Clip boards will actually tick on it and check for the equipment, walking around with it

- You can find road crews drilling in certain spots.

• KidAmnesiac42, shoops, Lowi and 2 others like this

HappyFarmerKit
  • HappyFarmerKit

Maybe we're just sleepwalking.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

This has probably been mentioned somewhere on this site already, but you can actually find Chef (Trevor's friend who cooks meth) during free roam. At night, I went inside that run-down store on the edge of Sandy Shores where the characters planned heists/other missions several times and went upstairs. Chef was up there in one of the rooms standing by a window doing the typical smoking animation that most pedestrians do.

I was playing as Franklin and greeted him but he never said anything back or talked at all (perhaps he speaks if you go there as Trevor - I don't know, I haven't tried it yet). Once Chef noticed I was there, he just walked away and left the building.  

I followed him outside and punched him but he didn't fight back and just ran away. I came back the next night and followed him outside again. I accidentally hit him with my bike and he actually left money like most normal peds do when you kill them. What was really creepy is that I immediately went back inside and Chef had already re-spawned up there. Then I went back outside... and his dead body was still out there at the same time, lol.

Anyway, he always appears in that building at night when I go there now. My apologies if this is something very obvious that everyone already knew about. I just discovered it a couple days ago and thought I'd share. 

• Shah Sam, KidAmnesiac42, claesn and 4 others like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

Probably was mentioned by people elsewhere, but when you are near the UFO on the WTF?! restaurant in Vinewood, there is a vibrato theremin sound. a warbling tone. 

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:45 AM Edited by CCarvalho224, 17 November 2013 - 10:09 AM.

-Flip flops don't stay stuck on your feet, they actually "flop" 

-When driving by a fire station or hospital (usually at night) you can see fire engines and ambulances responding to calls. (They don't actually go anywhere if you follow them, they just drive aimlessly around the city)

-Paramedics fill out their Patient Care Reports (PCR's) after they declare a dead npc. 

-The LSFD automatically responds to car fires, and will either put them out with the fire engine's masterstream, or send firefighters with extinguishers. 

-The fire engine actually seats 6 people (in GTA:Online). 2 in front, 2 in the jumpseats, and 2 can stand on the tailboard. 

-On the sides of fire engines you can see an FDLC emblem in a black triangle and the words "In Memory of Our Fallen Brothers" this is a reference to 9/11. 

-NPC's will compliment your modified cars and sometimes even pull out their phones and take a picture of it.

-Firefighters at fire stations have helmets. Firefighters who respond to fires have an SCBA and mask on, but no helmet. 

-If you have flat tires and pour gasoline around your car, the sparks from the wheels will ignite the gasoline. 

-Emergency vehicles slow down and change their siren tones when going through major intersections. 

-At night in South LS, you can see LSPD helicopters shining their spotlights down on neighborhoods. (The ghetto bird, as it is commonly referred to in rap) 

-If you blow up multiple cars or (in my experience) drive a car into a gas pump that causes a chain reaction, the LSFD will dispatch multiple engines. Most I've seen is three. 

-Unlike in GTA IV, if you stop at a red light, npc's will patiently wait, they will only honk or try to drive around you if the light turns green and you don't move. 

-If you constantly get in and out of a vehicle, it will get harder and harder to start the ignition and eventually, it won't start at all. 

-LSPD dispatch is a lot more professional and realistic than GTA IV and even utilizes current LAPD, California Penal, and California Highway Patrol Codes, depending on your actions. For example, if you shoot someone, it will come across as a 417 (person with a gun) if you stab someone it will come in as 417 King (person with a knife; K for knife, using the LAPD phonetic alphabet) 

-You can go inside certain police stations, but if you go into the locker room you will get a wanted level. 

-If you go to a dogpark located in Vinewood Hills by Franklin's house, you will see multiple breeds of dogs. 

-The private ambulance company Mission Row San Andreas (MRSA) could be a reference to the highly contagious and deadly MRSA virus.

-Police can be seen pursuing reckless drivers, and sometimes if the car stops, the pursuit will end in a shootout. 

-If you crash your car at night into a darkened house, the lights will switch on as if you've woken up the residents. 
  • Tilemaxx, Loxley and vozi45 like this

Bizdaddy
  • Bizdaddy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

I didn't know that near the prison the dot that shows up is a prisoner that will jack your f*cking vehicle.
  • fac316 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

Almost everyone will comment on what a nice car you're driving when you drive the Z-Type.

Early in the morning the Fieldmaster on the Del Perro beach will drive around with a tiller on the back covering up tire tracks. If you tear-ass around behind it making a mess of the sand the driver will get hostile. 

• PedoneRosso and vozi45 like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

-Pedestrians will comment about in-game events such as Strangers and Freaks.

Example; When you do Beverly's first mission one of the male pedestrians will start saying ''Have you seen Miranda Cowen's sex tape?''

-Police Officers will report when you have crashed and abandoned your vehicle

-Security guards will pull nightsticks during one start wanted levels, if you're armed they'll go for their gun as last line of defense.

-There are male and female Lifeguards, just like Park Rangers and Police Officers.

-Doctors and Nurses can be seen outside of St. Fiacre's hospital

-Security Guards can be seen patrolling in dillatantes around the docks, it can happen at Vinewood too although its a rare occurence.

bensons
  • bensons

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

Frankins vinewood house is used/repeated a few times in the game but sadly with no interior

nsad.jpg

Some houses have a little bit of interior

y181.jpg

There are tv's outside some mansions

hbps.jpg

There's a raaaat in me kitchen!

3vc3.jpg

trees4life
  • trees4life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

After you unlock franklins other safehouse and the old one his mums house no longer available if you switch back to Franklin you can be stuck in his mums House with no way out.
  • fac316 and Rockstar Games™ like this

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

The Jackie Brown Refrences to the point Pam Grier was a radio station host. That and the "Money" glitch

• OneManCrimeWave likes this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

This has probably been mentioned somewhere on this site already, but you can actually find Chef (Trevor's friend who cooks meth) during free roam. At night, I went inside that run-down store on the edge of Sandy Shores where the characters planned heists/other missions several times and went upstairs. Chef was up there in one of the rooms standing by a window doing the typical smoking animation that most pedestrians do.

I was playing as Franklin and greeted him but he never said anything back or talked at all (perhaps he speaks if you go there as Trevor - I don't know, I haven't tried it yet). Once Chef noticed I was there, he just walked away and left the building.  

I followed him outside and punched him but he didn't fight back and just ran away. I came back the next night and followed him outside again. I accidentally hit him with my bike and he actually left money like most normal peds do when you kill them. What was really creepy is that I immediately went back inside and Chef had already re-spawned up there. Then I went back outside... and his dead body was still out there at the same time, lol.

Anyway, he always appears in that building at night when I go there now. My apologies if this is something very obvious that everyone already knew about. I just discovered it a couple days ago and thought I'd share. 

That's pretty awesome, I gotta check that one out. It makes the game much more realistic.

Samcharles
  • Samcharles

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

At certain times there is a tour bus outside of the Wax Museum. You can get on and the bus will take you on a tour of the area. (Not sure how far because stupid me accidentally got off after getting on the bus.) Apparently you can skip between stops if you wish.

I happened to see a ped outside of the wax museum saying something like hey come on our tours. When you approach them you hit the right D pad to get on the bus. Other peds are on the bus as well. If I remember right it costs a little money to get on but not much.

Sorry if this is common knowledge but I had never seen the tour bus before last night, (and this is my 2nd playthrough).

cityspud
  • cityspud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by cityspud, 19 November 2013 - 10:04 PM.

If you stop at a red light and rev your engine, the pedestrian next to you will race you when the light turns green. 

Nice little feature I thought.

• KidAmnesiac42, Jco_176 and TheGovenator669 like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:34 AM

So I was playing as Trevor, hanging out with Michael at the strip club. This ugly girl Nikki is doing her dance, so I decide to throw on the Mint Floral Dress and wander in a circle around her while she was dancing and harass Michael. Nikki shouts at me to get the f*ck off the stage a few times before getting fed up and going back behind the curtain. Michael then threw a dollar at me. :lol: Laughed for a good minute when that happened.

Although you never see Franklin smoking, there's a few packs of cigarettes and an ashtray with cigarette butts in it in his house.

• Loxley likes this

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

Earlier while playing as Mikey, he slid across the hood of his car, Dukes of Hazzard style lol. Not sure if I've seen that before...if I did, I must not have been paying attention to it lol.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

There's what appears to be a unique piece of graffiti at the Palmer-Taylor Power Station in the back nearer the ocean. It's surrounded by what looks like covered up graffiti. 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:00 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 21 November 2013 - 10:02 PM.

7) The window in Michael's bathroom can be opened and closed and you can jump in and out of it.

8) The rusty tractor thing near the house across from the lighthouse can be driven.

10) There is a hot rod blazer at Trevor's desert safe house after you complete the last mission.

Every time i hook up their cars, they will be back to stock  the next day. Amanda's will keep the mods i had done at the beginning of the game with franklin, but not the ones i do with michael.

• PedoneRosso likes this

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

Earlier while playing as Mikey, he slid across the hood of his car, Dukes of Hazzard style lol. Not sure if I've seen that before...if I did, I must not have been paying attention to it lol.

Just run into a carhood and hold the jump button.

• D-N-A likes this

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Every time i hook up their cars, they will be back to stock  the next day. Amanda's will keep the mods i had done at the beginning of the game with franklin, but not the ones i do with michael.
Have you completed the story? I'm not sure if it stays before story completion, and are you sure the game saves when you mod them.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

don't know if this is already posted:

tumblr_mvm293PbNf1rw70wfo1_500.png

• Danny-Vain, Jeff Nesteruk, Phaota and 1 other like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

Although you never see Franklin smoking, there's a few packs of cigarettes and an ashtray with cigarette butts in it in his house.

Those aren't cigarettes, pal. :whistle:

• FoxtrotCharlie, KidAmnesiac42, PedoneRosso and 2 others like this

Crakbone335
  • Crakbone335

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:07 AM Edited by Crakbone335, 22 November 2013 - 04:07 AM.

The electrical wires connected by the poles actually move depending on the wind.

If you go down with a parachute and hit the electrical wires it will mess up your landing unlike previous GTA's where you would just go through it.

If you go to Michael's house as Franklin or Trevor and steal Amanda's car, Michael will text you saying "Amanda's not gonna be happy about that"  or something like that ( don't remember too Well)

Also if you go to Michael's house as Franklin or Trevor and start shooting everywhere Michael will text you saying to stop.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

If you visit Trevors sandy shores safehouse with Franklin (possibly Michael too but I've only experienced this as Franklin) you will see a drunk trevor carelessly tossing grenades around outside his trailer.

• claesn likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

theres a scene when switiching to micheal where he drops off tracy that if you proceed to run her down, set her on fire than look up her skirt to see shes not wearing anything underneath.. Tsk tsk what kind of a sick bastard doesnt wear panties.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

Those aren't cigarettes, pal. :whistle:

You don't smoke weed with a filter.;) Plus after he moves out of Auntie D's house he only uses the bong. 

On topic: Dialing 328-555-0145 will get you the answering machine of First Lt. Kyle P. Slater. It is unknown who this is, but if you check the dialogue tab in the pause menu you can see a picture of him. 

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

If you're in a car on a beach, you can wheelspin and spray sand on nearby pedestrians who will then turn hostile.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users