Cool Things You Didn't Know About: V Edition

3,545 replies to this topic
WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

-Rebel Radio has an actual station building immediately northwest of the Redwood Lights Track in the Grand Senora Desert. If you get close to the building you can hear one of the station's songs playing inside, but you can't see inside or enter the building. 

Interesting to note that the station itself is not playing outside the studio, just the songs. Easily tested if you tune to Rebel radio while outside of it

Yeah, and it's not in sync with the in-game radio either, it just does its own thing.

• Cutter De Blanc and Luuk' like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

I found this out last week, but I'll still post it:

If you shoot as Michael's house, he calls you. :p

Also, if you shoot up Franklin's house up as T or M, you'll get a text message, warning you.

• iiGh0STt likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

- In the Special and Collectors Edition of the game there is a double sided blueprint map. When looked at in UV lighting it reveals secrets and surprises.

4022.jpg

- A book case in the living room of Franklin's Vinewood house contains a book called "Red Dead", by J. Marston. This is a reference to Red Dead Redemption, and its protagonist, John Marston.

ff62d3b49619bcaea5ee1fac663016c2.png

- There is a car tuning garage close to the Vanilla Unicorn called "Car Tune Network", a reference to the TV station Cartoon Network.

4743.jpg

- During the first encounter between Trevor and Nigel, Nigel and Mrs. Thornhill start groveling at Trevor's feet, repeating "we're not worthy" after they mistake him for a famous actor. This is likely to be a reference to the film "Wayne's World", in which Wayne and Garth bow down and exclaim "we're not worthy" to celebrities that they admire.

4333.gif

- One of Steven Ogg's influences when he was portraying Trevor Philips in the game was actor Tom Hardy; specifically Hardy's performance in the 2008 film Bronson.

"He was able to walk that line of psychopath and entertainer while maintaining his sense of humor in some pretty dark places. I’m always inspired by intensity and those that take great pride in what they do — be it an actor, painter, musician, writer, or arborist."

As well as some music which Ogg would listen to, to help imagine Trevor.

• Detective Phelps likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

Sometimes when entering Michael's room, Amanda scream "I THOUGHT I HAVE LOCKED THE DOOR" and throw an pink dildo at him.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Sometimes when entering Michael's room, Amanda scream "I THOUGHT I HAVE LOCKED THE DOOR" and throw an pink dildo at him.

Yeah, that's quite common. Looks like Michael hasn't been a good husband recently. 

There are also times when Jimmy is exercising. :lol: 

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, that's quite common. Looks like Michael hasn't been a good husband recently. 

There are also times when Jimmy is exercising. :lol:

Have seen it only once, been playing since launch! Amazing!

One time i've seen Tracey inducing vomit, and saying 'You wont have a fat daughter' or smth.. sh*t was kinda sad.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Pillbox Hill Hospital have an interior. You can enter it after Nigel and Ms Thornhill mission where you chase Al diNapoli. After the end of the mission, you can walk the stairs up and enter through the door. However, cops and NPC's won't enter it, and it will somewhat "erase" part of the street and make some cops and NPC's outside turn invisible.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:30 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 13 February 2014 - 12:46 AM.

-Very seldom you can find Jimmy in his room smoking pot. I've only seen it once. 

http://rsg.ms/NDMQHt

-The skylight in Michael's house is only visible from inside. If you go up on his roof there's no window there.

• vengeancehawk likes this

GatoYBeans
  • GatoYBeans

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

There are women cops in Blaine county, first get killed somewhere near Trevor's town. You re spawn and every once in a while a women cop is standing by the station OMG. however offend her you get arrested.

StarSteewlolf
  • StarSteewlolf

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Michael can walk in on his wife using a dildo. She'll say "Ha, I thought I locked the door." She will then throw the dildo and lay down.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

The Roosevelt is named as such because president Franklin Delano Roosevelt used Al Capone's personal 1928 Armored Caddilac after Pearl Harbor. 

http://voices.yahoo....ent-365026.html

• Bonnano likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:50 PM

Trevor smokes meth

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

Michael's Tailgater has a unique little chirp when you enter it.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:06 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 14 February 2014 - 02:08 AM.

Michael's Tailgater has a unique little chirp when you enter it.

That's his car alarm, I think. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:19 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 15 February 2014 - 11:10 AM.

There are muslims in Los Santos,i was shooting in downtown and a lady was shouting in arabic.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

There are muslims in Los Santos,i was shooting in downtown and a lady was shouting in arabic.

Are you sure they weren't the Hasidic Jew pedestrians?

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

for real? :O

BTW Arabic-talkers =/= Islam

:p Arabs can be Christians, Jews, or even Atheists.

• stjimmy3 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

for real? :O
BTW Arabic-talkers =/= Islam

:p Arabs can be Christians, Jews, or even Atheists.

I could swear i was playing as Franklin last night,shooting the Gussenberg Sweeper,downtown Del Pierro and an Arabic (muslim) Lady shouting:"Allahuakbar"which means "God is the Greatest" Damn i was shocked.Damn those little details in the Franchise was taking to the next level with GTA 5.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

next time I'll pay more attention! :D

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

next time I'll pay more attention! :D

Bro trust me there are over 1000 cool things in GTA 5.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 15 February 2014 - 08:51 PM.

Guise, I know that this is off-topic, but I gotta take this moment to congratulate the people who have contributed to this amazing thread, and its creator Liquid_Snake_ LosSantos, the people who voted for it and nominated it and, also, YOU! For reading this kewl thread!

You guise made it win

The Best Topic of 2013!

HOORAY!!!

the-rock-clapping.gif

CAKE FOR EVERYONE!

9avCGXw.jpg

Wohoo!  :lol:  :lol:

Okay then, let's post some crap you guise didn't know about!

- One of the textures for trash spread around the city contains a newspaper extract with the words "Narwal? Bacon?" written prominently as a headline for an article. This is a reference to the website Reddit, which created the phrase "The Narwhal Bacons at Midnight" as something users of the site can say in public to identify themselves as users of the site.

4172.jpg

- Toni, the radio DJ for Flash FM in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Flashback FM in Grand Theft Auto III, appears on a billboard for the Vinewood Sports LS store.

4173.jpg

Once more, congratulations! 

• stjimmy3, ten-a-penny and SingularSoul like this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

I just found out something GREAT...

In story mode, you can detonate your sticky bombs after getting killed, during the slow-mo death animation.

I love it.

• Militia and SingularSoul like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Your character has a different animation if you try to carjack someone while holding a completely unmodified assault rifle. He jacks them like a terrorist, it's pretty cool. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

Your character has a different animation if you try to carjack someone while holding a completely unmodified assault rifle. He jacks them like a terrorist, it's pretty cool. 

Great Comment bro.unfortunately there is already a thread whining about GTA 5's Carjacking Animation.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:14 AM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 16 February 2014 - 10:23 AM.

I've just seen the tap dancing hillbilly at the Alamo Sea. 

Totally awesome! 

0_0.jpg

• Wannabe in LS likes this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:06 AM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 16 February 2014 - 01:10 AM.

- There are different car-entering animations depending on what kind of car you're getting into. I'm not sure if it also depends on the protagonist, but Franklin gets into his Buffalo in one swift motion that only takes about a second. Michael gets into his Tailgater in a casual, everyday fashion taking his time. Trevor's Bodhi hosts a long animation where he takes his time opening his door, then lifting his leg up and hoisting himself up on the seat. These also seem to change depending on whether there are cops after you or not. If they are, then no matter who you're playing as and what vehicle it is, they will jump in right away.

- The three also have different carjacking animations. Michael opens the door and points away with his finger and the driver complies without argument, Franklin just pulls the driver out quickly, and Trevor smashes the driver's head against the steering wheel then pulls them out.

- Same goes for carjacking with a pistol. Michael holds the gun with both hands and aims it at the driver's head, and when they get out trips them. Franklin holds the gun with one hand and aims it at their body, then pulls them out with the other and leaves them alone as they run away. Trevor also holds the gun with one hand, but holds it up against the driver's temple and waits until they run away from the car.

- When passengers exit the taxi when playing the Cab Driver mini-game, they will scoot over to the driver's side to pay their fare if they were on the other side.

- According to the The Hunt artwork, it is canon to keep Jimmy's modified version of the Tailgater until at least Lamar Down.

- In all artworks, Franklin has a tattoo of hands praying on the left side of his neck. This tattoo isn't available in-game.

- Packie reveals that Derrick is dead and he is no longer in contact with Niko during The Paleto Score.

- Two of the three UFOs in the game have the FIB logo on them.

• Luuk' likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

During a Gunfight with the Cops,and they cant take it anymore,they throw Tear Gas to take you at (I was just playing with Michael and i started a shootout in Vanilla Unicorn,i killed alot the cops then around 4-5 stars they started swamming in and they threw a tear gas in my side).

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

you can enter a cutscene with wet clothes or blood stains.

Xaynt
  • Xaynt

Hell awaits.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

Characters will buy clothes when you''re not looking.  Furthermore, they will buy the type of clothes that you like to buy.  For example, I bought a basketball t-shirt for Franklin.  Later on, he owns several sports shirts.

• stjimmy3 likes this

Scooter8299
  • Scooter8299

Like a Sir

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

-Certain newer cars e.g. Coquette, 2nd gen Cavalcade & Oracle have daytime running lights that activate when the car is started & can't be turned off, unless you get out & switch off the engine.

-Playing as Franklin, if you enter certain low slung convertibles with the roof down e.g. Surano, instead of opening the door, he may choose to vault over the door & jump in.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users