Cool Things You Didn't Know About: V Edition

2,875 replies to this topic
Shotgunna-Hux
  • Shotgunna-Hux

The mind is a cavern

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

- Kale is a disgusting weed, it should be left on the ground.

I'm sorry, what? How is this relevant to the game?

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

@Shotgun-Huxx

It's something that Amanda says.

Shotgunna-Hux
  • Shotgunna-Hux

The mind is a cavern

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

@Shotgun-Huxx

It's something that Amanda says.

Oh, thanks. No offence at all man, but sometimes the things you list in this thread are really vague, such as that Kali thing. I was under the impression that you could pick up kali somewhere in the game haha.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

@ShotgunHuxx

You can actually drink Green Juice as Michael on his Mansion and he will have a disgusted expression while drinking it. Amanda occasionaly drinks some too and tends to utter a comment about it.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

I found this while taking the tank to the LS airport to get my hands on the Cargo Plane.

anyways, I'm not sure if this one also work with normal vehicles or not. if you got a car in front of you, and hit the horn twice (both close to each) the driver will gain some speed and pass away.

may someone confirm this in other vehicles? I was on a hurry on my tank so I don't know :)

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

In the movie Meltdown the room where the climax happens is the same room as the IAA room where Mr K is tortured 

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

So I went to the "dog" park northeast of Franklin's mansion and there wasn't a single dog there. Is that the right place?

-On rare occasion you'll see Tracy forcing herself to vomit in the bathroom upstairs. If you talk to her, Michael will say "you don't need to do that".

-Sometimes Jimmy will have his room locked and you can eavesdrop on his trash talk. He usually acts like someone much more successful than he really is.

-If you activate the Moon Gravity and Super Jump cheats you can "float" if you press B (O on PS3) at the peak of the jump.

-One of the houses in North Yankton has transparent windows and a fully-modelled Christmas tree.

The dog park is in NW LS

zoom1000
  • zoom1000

guru

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

has any one tried blasting the to1 and to2 doors (that sparks when you shoot them) with the space docker? I mean that vehicle is got to be good for something.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

has any one tried blasting the to1 and to2 doors (that sparks when you shoot them) with the space docker? I mean that vehicle is got to be good for something.

WHAT to1 AND to2?

BaselA
  • BaselA

Farlander

• Members
  • Jordan

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:12 PM Edited by BaselA, 16 January 2014 - 04:18 PM.

There is this giant 8 meter large orange ball on top of a Shed on the mountain which can be pushed down the mountain by a shotgun.its real fun when it starts rolling down the street and random players are surprised as hell, you can also have friends in cars and play football with it which is real fun. Just be careful not to get flattened by it on foot, it's real fun killing people with it too.
Check out this video on YouTube:

• ten-a-penny likes this

Evictious
  • Evictious

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

- You can leave your engine on if you double tap Triangle/Y.

Interesting... I wonder if this works Online as well.  Will have to try it out tonight.

Beanee
  • Beanee

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:57 PM Edited by Beanee, 16 January 2014 - 04:57 PM.

- Occasionally when walking around a house or building, a guard dog runs out and starts attacking you. It is represented on the radar as a red dot.

Also there are alot of things I've learnt from this thread: like i didn't know the prostitutes reveal their story, or that you can leave the engine on by double tapping Y/triangle.

Great stuff guys!

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

NPCs wont flash their car lights to warn you when yours are completely off.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

yeah and buzzards(birds) dont eat dead animal corpses in this game where's the realism in that?

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

True,although they do flash there lights when your driving towards them on the wrong side of the road.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

You can blame IGN. I got that point from there. 

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

This vertical line, I watch it go by.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

In the movie Meltdown the room where the climax happens is the same room as the IAA room where Mr K is tortured 

If you watch the movie Meltdown you can tell that Rockstar North used IceEnhancer in order to make GTA IV look better. You can also tell they used the Simple Native Trainer to make the car fly (by pushing the ] key). 

• stjimmy3 likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

Chop repels every animal around you, so you don't have to worry about cougars while walking him. Works everywhere.
  • Beanee likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

@alvarez, helpful tip!

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

A not so useful tip: Chop will try to fetch thrown hand grenades. 

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

- You can leave your engine on if you double tap Triangle/Y.

Interesting... I wonder if this works Online as well.  Will have to try it out tonight.

Unfortunetely it doesn't work :/ I tried I with diffrent vehicles, diffrent approach etc, but simply NO. :D
It's a shame, that your car stays only on, when you dive out from it for example.

On topic : In Paleto Bay, truck drivers often stop on the sideways and get out of the truck, then just start smoking cigarettes :D

• D3ADSH0T likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

You can get the radio to stay on by firing a gun, getting in the car, waiting for it to start and then getting out again. If the engine has to try to turn over more than twice before the car turns on it won't work, because you have a very short window of time to do it.

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

You can get the radio to stay on by firing a gun, getting in the car, waiting for it to start and then getting out again. If the engine has to try to turn over more than twice before the car turns on it won't work, because you have a very short window of time to do it.

Yeah, that's some way, but you know, it may be waaaay better - just like GTA IV did, ahh..
So little feature, but not in V :/

• Miamivicecity likes this

Liquid_Snake_LosSantos
  • Liquid_Snake_LosSantos

Rat

• Members
  • None
  • Best GTA Topic 2013 "Cool things you didn't know about."

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

During Trevor Philips introduction mission, you can hear Wade making reference to the Illuminati and Lizard people. These are popular conspiracy theories. Googling  "reptilian shapeshifter" or "evil reptilians" will get you hundreds of thousands of youtube and google results.

Broken Condom Kid
  • Broken Condom Kid

The Loser

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

3) Jetpack

You mean the strap on propane grill? lol

no

is it Strickland Propane?

• Cop_21 likes this

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:30 PM Edited by Wannabe in LS, 17 January 2014 - 10:06 PM.

Behind the Wax Haven building, in the next courtyard (slightly up from it) there's a parking garage where you can save cars. Discovered it just now, did a quick save and then reloaded it and the car was still there.

Edit: Scratch that, went off down to Del Perro, came back and the car had gone. Shame, thought another couple of spots would have been nice.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

If a cop finds the bodies of someone you've killed, they will spend a little while examining the crime scene, looking at the bodies and scratching their chins as if thinking how the crime happened, and sometimes examining the ground around the corpse for clues.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

If a cop finds the bodies of someone you've killed, they will spend a little while examining the crime scene, looking at the bodies and scratching their chins as if thinking how the crime happened, and sometimes examining the ground around the corpse for clues.

I don't get it: how are people able to observe what cops and paramedics do to dead bodies if killing someone earns you a wanted level?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

I don't get it: how are people able to observe what cops and paramedics do to dead bodies if killing someone earns you a wanted level?

I do it by hiding on a nearby rooftop like some spiderman supervillain.

OT: Unlike the Rhino, the tracks on the Dozer don't pop. 

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

I did it by hiding near where the disagreement happened.  The police didn't find me, but after the stars had gone and they walked back to the car, one of them passed the bodies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users