Cool Things You Didn't Know About: V Edition

3,356 replies to this topic
Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

You cannot kill a dog with a stun gun. If you keep shocking the f*ck out of it it will wander off dazed and stop being hostile however. 

LSFire
  • LSFire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

If you blow up Ron with grenades (when he is shooting the gun outside Trevor's house) you will get a text from him later on saying he is fine and asking you to pay his medical bills. You automatically loose 5 grand.

• PedoneRosso likes this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

The one who knocks.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

In that mission were you get scammed by the balla @ CJs old house and then hijack that rappers jetskis from his music video, if you kill him during the mission you can hear the radio reports after about how he was killed, if you don't kill him, you don't hear the report :)

But even if you spare him the news report online will say that he is dead, same with Dr. Freidlander (sp) if you spare him the online report will still say he is dead.

/

When hailing a taxi you can can ride in the front passenger seat.

Because Friedlander and the rapper die either way, off-screen.
That's true with Friedlander, but MC Clip is reported to die in the same situation whether he is spared or not. ("...was killed by three men who then escaped to the Los Santos sewers in jetskis.)

Waltermelon
  • Waltermelon

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

I've been trying to confirm something but i'm having a hard time with it so i was wondering if someone else has already. I'm trying to see if the back blast from a RPG rocket will knock down a ped or player, unfortunately peds run as soon as i take aim with them behind me.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:59 AM

- Animals cannot be neutralised with the Stunt gun, they're inmune to the effects of it.

- When being chased by hostile dogs, you can jump on a car and watch at how the dogs will stay there barking at you and trying to jump.

- Shooting a pipe inside the Mission Row Police station will release some steam preasure causing the nearest victim (In this case a cop) to get paralized for a couple of seconds and fall into the ground.

- Sometimes you can find a Valet in east vinewood waving at the oncoming traffic with a glowing stick to get inside a parking spot.

- All of the Subway stations have different entrances.

- If you happen to alert a worker who is operating a drill you're able to notice that he has penetrated to the point where the drill would be stuck.

- Pedestrians are able to get wet too.

- This is the only GTA to date where Female Law Enforcers are present (FBI Agents, Park Rangers, Sheriff's Office & LSPD)

• D3ADSH0T, PedoneRosso and Cake* Games like this

LSFire
  • LSFire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

Righteous Slaughter is advertised on the radio as rate PG: "Pretty much the same game" in reference to the call of duty cut and paste method of releasing news games which are essentially the same as the predecessors.

• buginafug, stjimmy3, Shotgunna-Hux and 1 other like this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:19 AM Edited by whatsstrength, 13 January 2014 - 05:24 AM.

So I went to the "dog" park northeast of Franklin's mansion and there wasn't a single dog there. Is that the right place?

-On rare occasion you'll see Tracy forcing herself to vomit in the bathroom upstairs. If you talk to her, Michael will say "you don't need to do that".

-Sometimes Jimmy will have his room locked and you can eavesdrop on his trash talk. He usually acts like someone much more successful than he really is.

-If you activate the Moon Gravity and Super Jump cheats you can "float" if you press B (O on PS3) at the peak of the jump.

-One of the houses in North Yankton has transparent windows and a fully-modelled Christmas tree.

• PedoneRosso likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

I just noticed the other day that if you hang around another protag's house for too long, he'll send you a text calling you a creep.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

- If Michael access the in-game website PsychicShoutout and speak with Ms. Tammy, she will reveal that Amanda has already had sex with the yoga instructor (Fabien LaRouche), the tennis coach (Kyle Chavis) and also a fireman, a plumber, a beach lifeguard, a truck driver, a dustman, a gardener and even a hipster. Michael will angrily reply that they have a open relationship.

Trindalas
  • Trindalas

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

If you look into fort zancudo from outside the fence on the side with the destroyed building, you can see normal pedestrians walking along the road. I actually saw some hookers along the road at night, haha. I took a snapmatic pic, but dunno how to upload it or anything.

Loves2Spooge90
  • Loves2Spooge90

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

For everyone who's tried to make it unsuccessfully down chiliad on either a pushbike or motorbike, put the moon gravity cheat on and VOILA!

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

turd is the word in gtaV
  • Nopheros likes this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

The Dashound bus was fully modelled in 2007 for GTA IV, but it didn't make it to the cut:

Betabus-GTA4.jpg

This is the same model as the GTA V's Dashound bus, featuring minor changes such as livery and taillights.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

MTF will comment on fat peoples weight

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

The Bhodi appears to be the only vehicle with functioning floodlights on the roof.

Loves2Spooge90
  • Loves2Spooge90

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

^^^ yeah and the rhino has bright as floodlights too

Tonzofun
  • Tonzofun

Your friendly-neighborhood getaway driver

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

You can't install turbo on electric cars.
  • lol232, Cake* Games, Lowi and 1 other like this

Dead_general
  • Dead_general

Big easy

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

If you stand behind a jet you get blown away.

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Homie

• Members
  • Eritrea

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

The Dashound bus was fully modelled in 2007 for GTA IV, but it didn't make it to the cut:

Betabus-GTA4.jpg

This is the same model as the GTA V's Dashound bus, featuring minor changes such as livery and taillights.

But this is V-footage isn't it? In that movie you can also see AH-64's ( Hunters ) in Liberty City ( IV )

The Bhodi appears to be the only vehicle with functioning floodlights on the roof.

No, the Merryweather-Mesa also has functioning floodlights on the roof.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

Not sure if this has been posted, but car mods add weight to cars. This info is from carcols.meta, and it doesn't say what unit the values are, but I'm guessing it's kg.

Upgraded Engine = 20kg
Upgraded Brakes = 5kg
Upgraded Transmission = 5kg
Upgraded Exhaust = 20kg
Upgraded Spoiler = 10kg
Upgraded Turbo = 0kg
Upgraded Suspension = 0kg
Stock wheels = 2 or 4kg

Upgraded wheels = 0kg
Armor 20% = 0kg
Armor 40% = 10kg
Armor 60% = 20kg
Armor 80% = 30kg
Armor 100% = 40kg
Others (roof, rollbars, bumpers, hood, etc.) are usually 20kg, sometimes 10kg.

Bulletproof tires = A bit less wheel traction

• Gutslab, NudasPriest and LordZekrom like this

TheGTAone
  • TheGTAone

Piβwasser Founder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

Where the f*ck are my headphones?

811-1280.jpg

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

The one who knocks.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:21 AM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 15 January 2014 - 12:22 AM.

Where the f*ck are my headphones?

811-1280.jpg

In the cutscene for "Father/Son".

• Cake* Games likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:14 AM Edited by Tenxax, 15 January 2014 - 04:25 PM.

- Michael has an iris variation meaning that sometimes his eyes will be blue or Green, and other times it'll be a mix of both.

- Kale is a disgusting weed, it should be left on the ground.

- Tracy is the only one who is like Michael, she has almost the same walk and she is pretty sarcastic.

- Eva & Carlos only appear during day-time.

- Niko has Carmen & Little Jacob as Friends in his life invader page, he stalks Burger shot and has made a post which can't be visible due to the console textures.

- There is a chalkboard on Michael's Mansion kitchen which updates as the storyline progresses.

- There are potraits of Amanda, Jimmy & Tracy in Michael's living room. It can be noticed that Jimmy has a ponytail and that Tracy has slightly different hair.

- Michael has a friend called Hayden Dubose, he's an inversionist and a picture of him and Michael can be found on the latter's living room despicting both of then playing Golf.

- MaryAnn's only family member on her life invader is his mother, which the latter's username happens to simply be ''Mother''

- Some joggers have MP3 players strapped to their arms.

• stjimmy3 likes this

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

But this is V-footage isn't it? In that movie you can also see AH-64's ( Hunters ) in Liberty City ( IV )

Nope, that footage was definitely from GTA IV, it was part of the Higgins Helitour advert, right at the start.

• Gunslinger_GK likes this

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

The Mesa and Lost van also have flood lights that work.

• Cutter De Blanc and Cake* Games like this

Loves2Spooge90
  • Loves2Spooge90

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:58 AM Edited by Loves2Spooge90, 15 January 2014 - 03:48 AM.

-If you do burnouts in front of the security patrol cars in Vinewood hills, you get a one star wanted level
-DJ Pooh talks about Lamar on WCC. He says sh*t like 'Lamar? That's a funny name' and 'that nigga be actin like its 1992'
(San Andreas set in '92 if I'm remembering right)

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:16 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 15 January 2014 - 08:19 AM.

The Mesa and Lost van also have flood lights that work.

I did not realise. Still, cool that it's pretty rare. 

OT: You can easily assault NPCs that you can't normally attack such as Carlos or Ron by performing a running melee attack on them.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

Just noticed after "Did Somebody Say Yoga?" if you go into Michael's bedroom on the mirror of the bed side table Amanda has written a nice message saying "f*ck you very much" in what looks like red lipstick.

Don't know if it's been brought up, but I thought it was cool. Never seen it before.

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

Not sure if this has been posted, but car mods add weight to cars. This info is from carcols.meta, and it doesn't say what unit the values are, but I'm guessing it's kg.

Upgraded Engine = 20kg
Upgraded Brakes = 5kg
Upgraded Transmission = 5kg
Upgraded Exhaust = 20kg
Upgraded Spoiler = 10kg
Upgraded Turbo = 0kg
Upgraded Suspension = 0kg
Stock wheels = 2 or 4kg

Upgraded wheels = 0kg
Armor 20% = 0kg
Armor 40% = 10kg
Armor 60% = 20kg
Armor 80% = 30kg
Armor 100% = 40kg
Others (roof, rollbars, bumpers, hood, etc.) are usually 20kg, sometimes 10kg.

Bulletproof tires = A bit less wheel traction

I thought when you install a carbon hood or roof (or other parts) the weight was supposed to go down.

• PsychoGamer likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:57 AM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 15 January 2014 - 09:58 AM.

You can actually enter the IAA building. You should parachute in the window of the room Karin was torturing Mr. K.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users