How to avoid FF?

32 replies to this topic
Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

That's friendly fire fyi, let me start by saying red dead redemption nailed the crew/gang system, colour coded crews on the map and unable to take weapon fire damage from said crew members.

So why ohhh why didn't rockstar Include this from start? I don't play auto aim servers because I'm not a child, but I can imagine its much worse when trying to fight close quarters. Too many times I've whacked a friend out whilel robbing a store or just shooting next to them. Just add a optional passive mode mechanics for aiming at crew members

I know it's not red dead, but again, you can't deny they had a very well designed party system, hopping from game modes via party leader was just better than this new system of ...

Leave Freeroam > invite crew > randoms join> kick randoms> play game > vote free mode> crew member gets put in separate servers

Yes I know the separated player can join you, but 9 times out of 10 we're in a full server.

This is often a pain when a free mode server becomes low player count, and requires the above technique to find a full server again. It's just a pain.

(I'm not sure if there are simpler methods, if so please let me know)

Tl;dr

I miss red dead party system
  • Crimie Marston and DMC14 like this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

I like the method of NOT PULLING THE TRIGGER WHEN A FRIEND IS IN MY SIGHTS.

• fw3 likes this

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

yeah well accidents happen, often I situations you least expect, thanks for your input you are no longer needed.
  • DMC14 likes this

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

A FRIEND IS IN MY SIGHTS.

You use auto aim don't you?

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

If youre shooting at something and your friend walks near you, it will automatically melee attack him to his death

Also, reloading your weapon will kill any friend nearby via melee

Vespucci Hipster
  • Vespucci Hipster

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

Lots of baddies show up and u get in a rythm of locking on and shooting. It just sucks that the game swivels the cam almost instantly to your crew member and then you might accidentally fire off a round or two killing them.

Other times I've been in an impromptu DM with a random in free-roam. Bullets start flying and cops show up. I have deuche bag in my center screen and aim, but game locks on to the 5 cops 60 feet away instead of the player 10 feet right in front of me... WTF?!?!
  • DMC14 likes this

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

If youre shooting at something and your friend walks near you, it will automatically melee attack him to his death

Also, reloading your weapon will kill any friend nearby via melee
they clearly didn't read the post, ignorance must be bliss...

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

I tuned out when you passively aggressively attacked people in auto aim sessions. I'm so glad at least some people out there take their video games seriously and strive to play them the "right" way with free aim. At dinner parties you can tell everyone how you're a FA master...I'll just have to talk about my family and what I'm doing in my work...I'm such a loser...damn you auto aim!!

Dinner party...lmao...no one taking the time to master free aim leaves their moms basements.
  • mo-seph likes this

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Lots of baddies show up and u get in a rythm of locking on and shooting. It just sucks that the game swivels the cam almost instantly to your crew member and then you might accidentally fire off a round or two killing them.
Other times I've been in an impromptu DM with a random in free-roam. Bullets start flying and cops show up. I have deuche bag in my center screen and aim, but game locks on to the 5 cops 60 feet away instead of the player 10 feet right in front of me... WTF?!?!

I f*cking hate that sh*t, then the kid yells over the mic "HAHA YOURE A fa**ot YOU CANT EVEN KILL ME FROM FIVE FEET AWAY YOU NOOB GET A LIFE :D" then drives away in his chrome adder while you find yourself going to the impound to get your car back.

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

I tuned out when you passively aggressively attacked people in auto aim sessions. I'm so glad at least some people out there take their video games seriously and strive to play them the "right" way with free aim. At dinner parties you can tell everyone how you're a FA master...I'll just have to talk about my family and what I'm doing in my work...I'm such a loser...damn you auto aim!!

Dinner party...lmao...no one taking the time to master free aim leaves their moms basements.

wow...you got very offended for that one sentence, Seriously chill out dude...it was only a little joke. Your assumption to my lifestyle (which is irrelevant) were just stupid an predictable.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

I f*cking hate that sh*t, then the kid yells over the mic "HAHA YOURE A fa**ot YOU CANT EVEN KILL ME FROM FIVE FEET AWAY YOU NOOB GET A LIFE :D" then drives away in his chrome adder while you find yourself going to the impound to get your car back.

lol

ot:

free aim or less triggerhappy i guess..

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

no one miss the old gang style in red dead?

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

OMG that's totes cool.

Yes it sucks, especially when they think it was on purpose :p

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

Posses were dope.... There were power struggles, civil wars... and teamwork all in one. 

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

Posses were dope.... There were power struggles, civil wars... and teamwork all in one. 

seeing a posse of 6 or more lurking around was such fun!

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

and scary if you were in a posse of 3

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:20 AM Edited by Kromix, 15 November 2013 - 01:25 AM.

If you are playing football with your friends and constantly kicking the ball in your own goal, would you still excuse yourself with 'sorry but i have a life, i cant be bothered to learn it properly and you should all go out more' ? All of you 'lifers' out there should try and put in some effort if you want to play with the 'no-lifers', and stop excusing your inability with tales of your fulfilling lives at home ... 

to the OP: you cant really, R* messed it up - but switching to free aim helps somewhat ...

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

wow...you got very offended for that one sentence, Seriously chill out dude...it was only a little joke. Your assumption to my lifestyle (which is irrelevant) were just stupid an predictable.

Honestly, sir, my post was an extremely convoluted sarcastic satire of what the typical response to your post would be by some....I'm not actually "that guy." Honestly sorry, meant nothing by it at all....:)

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:07 AM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 15 November 2013 - 08:10 AM.

That's friendly fire fyi, let me start by saying red dead redemption nailed the crew/gang system, colour coded crews on the map and unable to take weapon fire damage from said crew members.

So why ohhh why didn't rockstar Include this from start? I don't play auto aim servers because I'm not a child, but I can imagine its much worse when trying to fight close quarters. Too many times I've whacked a friend out whilel robbing a store or just shooting next to them. Just add a optional passive mode mechanics for aiming at crew members

I know it's not red dead, but again, you can't deny they had a very well designed party system, hopping from game modes via party leader was just better than this new system of ...

Leave Freeroam > invite crew > randoms join> kick randoms> play game > vote free mode> crew member gets put in separate servers

Yes I know the separated player can join you, but 9 times out of 10 we're in a full server.

This is often a pain when a free mode server becomes low player count, and requires the above technique to find a full server again. It's just a pain.

Tl;dr

I know!!!!! So good to finally hear someone say this!

I agree so much with you. I don't understand why they haven't thought about this in GTA? Wtf?? And because of this- me and my friends often get on different teams in deathmatches- which I think a lot of people take advantage of and use for boosting. The posse thing is genius, both in free roam and joining lobbies. The gang/posse leader should take all the members with them into lobbies and they should automatically join the same team as far as possible. And what about Rally races? What if I want to race with my friend? THere is no way to do this… :/

I talked to a guy I know in R*, and he didn't know any other way either, and gave me the impression that this wasn't even in their heads when making the game.. This sucks! And I have for a long time felt like I was the only person who cared about this! 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

Problem with this game is that Rockstar didn't put any priority on targets.

Should be:

Players > Enemies/Cops > Civilians > Crew members + friends

Too many times have I wanted to defend myself from some asshole and I end up targeting a cop.  It's so stupid.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

What a dick.  I mean, this isn't a lifestyle choice, I was born like this!

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

Problem with this game is that Rockstar didn't put any priority on targets.

Should be:

Players > Enemies/Cops > Civilians > Crew members + friends

Too many times have I wanted to defend myself from some asshole and I end up targeting a cop.  It's so stupid.

I actually have this issue in a buzzard.  Free-fire a missile at the exact point some asshole who stole my car is gonna be in 2 seconds and suddenly, oh, lock onto a god damn cop and the missile takes a hard right at the last minute.

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

Tl;dr

I agree so much with you. I don't understand why they haven't thought about this in GTA? Wtf?? And because of this- me and my friends often get on different teams in deathmatches- which I think a lot of people take advantage of and use for boosting. The posse thing is genius, both in free roam and joining lobbies. The gang/posse leader should take all the members with them into lobbies and they should automatically join the same team as far as possible. And what about Rally races? What if I want to race with my friend? THere is no way to do this :/

I talked to a guy I know in R*, and he didn't know any other way either, and gave me the impression that this wasn't even in their heads when making the game.. This sucks! And I have for a long time felt like I was the only person who cared about this! 
I very upsetting, why remove something so helpful? I don't actually know what to say anymore, I doubt it will get implemented :( failstar*

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

You have to always be wary of their location on your minimap. Some people just don't understand position and coordination. Quite sad if you ask me. I use assisted aim and I don't have this problem.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

Tl;dr

I agree so much with you. I don't understand why they haven't thought about this in GTA? Wtf?? And because of this- me and my friends often get on different teams in deathmatches- which I think a lot of people take advantage of and use for boosting. The posse thing is genius, both in free roam and joining lobbies. The gang/posse leader should take all the members with them into lobbies and they should automatically join the same team as far as possible. And what about Rally races? What if I want to race with my friend? THere is no way to do this :/

I very upsetting, why remove something so helpful? I don't actually know what to say anymore, I doubt it will get implemented :( failstar*

I doubt it too, because I feel like the two of us are the only people who is bothered by this.. :(

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

Stop using auto-aim, OP. You'll hate yourself less in the morning.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

There's a way to avoid this in aa, hold trigger half way will give you the aim reticle w/o aa, kind of like aiming on fa, but w/o zoom function. Works well with cops around also.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

Pressure sensitive? damn that is touchy but if it works it works. 

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'm sorry, you and the other people lose me when you try to claim that playing free aim makes you some sort of master race and that people who use it or aim assist are children.

Got a hell of a surprise for you,

This game is not, and never will be a proper free aim shooter.  When I want to run around and make snap decisions and work with a team, I'll play battlefield, where gun control and weapon physics are far superior to anything Rockstar could ever accomplish with a GTA game. Hell, Fallout New Vegas has better weapon handling outside V.A.T.S than this game.

Unless you are a police officer in the game, or one of the gang ganging little f*ck faces around los santos, your weapon prowess will never be sufficient.  Your K/D means jack sh*t to them.  It doesn't matter what rank you are in BF, or what prestige you are in CoD, any police officer, any gang member in this game has a skill level that far exceeds anything you can muster.  Auto aim at least, at the very minimum, allows you to quick snap between targets to put a round on them to stun, or whatever, which helps slightly.

An assault rifle round only travels so far.  A MG round only travels so far in the game before it simply disappears.  However, pistols and the micro SMG apparently have infinity rounds.  Which is why from several blocks away you cannot hit someone with an assault round, but they can peg you in the back of the head, through your car window, as you drive away at high speeds with at least 2 blocks between you.

So when Rockstar turns down the absolutely bullsh*t enemy targeting and accuracy prowess, then I will turn off assisted aiming.

Until then, you can have your pathetic free aim empty servers, and the ultra slow weapon handling the characters get in this game even with settings maxed and max shooting skill.

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Stop using auto-aim, OP. You'll hate yourself less in the morning.

I'm not using auto aim, read the post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users