Photo

Tank Defense: How to combat the noobs

114 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

With glitchers running rampant in GTA Online, its pretty much impossible to join a session that doesnt have some noob spamming people in his tank.

Are there any successful methods to destroy these tanks? Usually I just get a jet and 1/3 times I can kill them. But due to the ridiculous range on the tank canon and the absurd amount of times required to hit the tank with jet missiles/guns, its a pretty unfair matchup.

And for the record, I dont have issues with glitchers. But people who play like this just ruin the game. I love having huge street battles with other players, even if they are kicking my ass, but tank whores arent even a trying for a fair fight.

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

RPG x2. Odd, though, that it unlocks after the tank it's needed for.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

RPG works well, avoiding getting hit involves a lot of hiding. I was also able to land 3 stickies on a tank yesterday doing hit and runs on a tank with an entity... Still blew me up though, at least he had to pay for the insurance this time.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Yeah best method for me is the heavy sniper and a good hiding spot. If you're at street level just assume the fetal position because you're a dead man
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

Pellegrini
  • Pellegrini

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:52 PM Edited by Pellegrini, 14 November 2013 - 03:53 PM.

Drive all of your personal vehicles into them, they will be bad sport in no time.

Keep calling mors and your mechanic to bring them to you.

• WinterEdit and DDBX337 like this

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

Sniper + Crane near Eclipse towers

Best way to kick them asses!

RainbowBier
  • RainbowBier

BenefactoR*

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hvy. Sniper or Jet in a Dive 

Success in 90%

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

RPG works well, avoiding getting hit involves a lot of hiding. I was also able to land 3 stickies on a tank yesterday doing hit and runs on a tank with an entity... Still blew me up though, at least he had to pay for the insurance this time.

Yeah best method for me is the heavy sniper and a good hiding spot. If you're at street level just assume the fetal position because you're a dead man

I think it takes at least half a dozen stickies at full strength. But if it's been out a while then likely it's damaged already. 

But yeah reynolds has the right idea regardless of weapon choice. You need height. The turret only goes up so far. Take your time, get a chopper or find a ladder to a high enough vantage point. If the tank's smart they'll keep moving constantly, but if you're patient you'll get it eventually.

If it isn't a PV tank, call a mugger. He may get lucky and jack the guy from it, at which point you can run up and snatch it for yourself or blow it to pieces.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by GunWrath, 14 November 2013 - 03:57 PM.

Deff, a buddy and I usually get in a buzzard and I'll let him man the rockets through the camera thingy.. we get them everytime. Just make sure you're high enough out of the turret's range and somewhat behind or in front .. as the rockets can't be shot straight down.

0_0.jpg

That's my buddy, that's one of the tanks we got .. he tried to haul ass into the hangar and one last rocket caught him.. BOOM! 

• The Basher likes this

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Drive all of your personal vehicles into them, they will be bad sport in no time.

This may or may not work. Depends on the driver. I had at least 12 different super cars ram me earlier but only got BS warnings on 2. The others blew themselves up on an empty tank.

RainbowBier
  • RainbowBier

BenefactoR*

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by RainbowBier, 14 November 2013 - 03:56 PM.

5 Stickies from behind destroy the Tank 

used it a Bait once and blowed it up after i killed about 30 People

Sniper ftw <3

• Perfectionist X likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

I don't see any point in engaging in battles with Tanks.

On foot it costs a money through RPGs.....     And if you do get a buzzard or tank to fight back you risk getting bad sports if they glitched the tank into being their personal vehicle.

Either way, its better to just avoid them.  Since tanks are stupid slow, its very easy to just let them be.

• demasx likes this

Pellegrini
  • Pellegrini

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

This may or may not work. Depends on the driver. I had at least 12 different super cars ram me earlier but only got BS warnings on 2. The others blew themselves up on an empty tank.

You can always call up Lester and disappear from the map

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

call a mugger on them and then snipe them

or just ram them with PVs and put them into bad sport

• OGEverywhere likes this

RainbowBier
  • RainbowBier

BenefactoR*

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by RainbowBier, 14 November 2013 - 03:59 PM.

best use for putting them into bad Sport is a insured not modded CopCar 

Cruiser3 or PoliceVan <3

if they have wanteds you can park your car between all the other cops

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

You can always call up Lester and disappear from the map

True enough. I think that, like anything else, it's situational. Depends on where it is, how the driver seems to be responding to things, etc.  If he's in the middle of a square he can't watch all sides at once, so sneaking up via Lester is a nice option.

A riot van with stickies on it's grille is another good option. It takes more stickies to blow up the riot van than the tank, so if you can get up on him without getting hit it should work nicely.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Where do you aim the heavy sniper at??

I would usually avoid them, but thats not always easy. It sucks when a group of us are having a good spirited battle in the streets and some guy comes through in a tank and just starts spam killing everyone. Then they all leave.

The best luck I have had has been with the Jet. I usually get a lot of altitude and as soon as I am directly over their blip I nose dive. I bring my landing gear down to slow my decent. And as I plummet toward the earth I shoot the tank with my guns all the way until I crash into them. 

That usually works, but sometimes its like these guys have god mode on because I cant destroy them no matter how many times I hit them.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 14 November 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Mugger, heavy sniper or off radar and GTFO of there

Omnifarious(sp?) did a good thread on it. From behind at the back left vent. From anywhere else, such as an elevated position you need to be a decent distance away, aim for the cabin(front left) and wait for health bar to pop up then shoot.

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

I would usually avoid them, but thats not always easy. It sucks when a group of us are having a good spirited battle in the streets and some guy comes through in a tank and just starts spam killing everyone. Then they all leave.

The best luck I have had has been with the Jet. I usually get a lot of altitude and as soon as I am directly over their blip I nose dive. I bring my landing gear down to slow my decent. And as I plummet toward the earth I shoot the tank with my guns all the way until I crash into them. 

That usually works, but sometimes its like these guys have god mode on because I cant destroy them no matter how many times I hit them.

Aim around the hatch w/the heavy sniper. When you see their health bar you have a good shot.

• Pellegrini likes this

Draigon
  • Draigon

I felt muscular & compacted like Corned Beef

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

I killed someone last night who was in a tank, used the heavy sniper rifle, managed to get through the tank and kill him in his cockpit. I don't think he knew he could be got at as after that he spent the rest of the night targeting me with more tanks, jets, buzzards, mercenaries and bounties.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

You can call in your own tank or send a mugger to jack the tank.

willeyj
  • willeyj

54-46

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Deff check out this thread.

http://gtaforums.com...ping-explained/

He explains all there is to know about tank sniping.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Deff check out this thread.

http://gtaforums.com...ping-explained/

He explains all there is to know about tank sniping.

Yea I just saw that thanks. I will leave this thread open for general discussion on how to combat the tank since that one is dedicated to sniping

Lc gta
  • Lc gta

Mr. Excitement

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

With glitchers running rampant in GTA Online, its pretty much impossible to join a session that doesnt have some noob spamming people in his tank.

Are there any successful methods to destroy these tanks? Usually I just get a jet and 1/3 times I can kill them. But due to the ridiculous range on the tank canon and the absurd amount of times required to hit the tank with jet missiles/guns, its a pretty unfair matchup.

And for the record, I dont have issues with glitchers. But people who play like this just ruin the game. I love having huge street battles with other players, even if they are kicking my ass, but tank whores arent even a trying for a fair fight.

I must be lucky then, when have joined sessions in the past.  No one has been in a tank.  :dontgetit:

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by jdice1980, 14 November 2013 - 04:21 PM.

For all the tank griefers reading this please know that if morons run their cars into the tank while it's stationary you will not get BS. Smart tankers don't move if a vehicle is near.

There is no defense I've found against the heavy sniper except that people usually aren't patient enough to get in position and wait for the shot.

Edit to add: The absolute best way to combat the tank is go in the opposite direction and find something else to do. But oh wait, that might make you less of a man. It's all an e-peen contest so instead of ignoring the tank everyone flocks to it just like the tank troll wants. You think they care if you blow their tank up? $18k insurance payment coming your way. And if they are smart they spawn in passive and the mechanic has another one there in 2 minutes.

Pellegrini
  • Pellegrini

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

For all the tank griefers reading this please know that if morons run their cars into the tank while it's stationary you will not get BS. Smart tankers don't move if a vehicle is near.

There is no defense I've found against the heavy sniper except that people usually aren't patient enough to get in position and wait for the shot.

Smart anti-griefers use the disappear from map option by calling Lester.

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by haythem09, 14 November 2013 - 04:27 PM.

The explosive-machine guns on the Jet have absurdly low range too, that's something Rockstar need to fix. Also the Missiles should lock on to any Tank 100% of the time, I understand with cars, but seriously the Tank is already OP and if there's something the Jet can lock on to it should be the Tank.

They should:

Slightly weaken how many shots a Tank can take

Fix the range of the Jet Machine guns

Add lock on for Tanks for Jets and Buzzards

Make the Tank unable to aim so stupidly high, also give the tank 1st-person view

And also give the Annhilator explosive Machine-guns. Like on TboGT

willeyj
  • willeyj

54-46

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

Edit to add: The absolute best way to combat the tank is go in the opposite direction and find something else to do. But oh wait, that might make you less of a man. It's all an e-peen contest so instead of ignoring the tank everyone flocks to it just like the tank troll wants. You think they care if you blow their tank up? $18k insurance payment coming your way. And if they are smart they spawn in passive and the mechanic has another one there in 2 minutes.

All the reasons why I prefer the heavy sniper method. Non-moving targets make it an easy target and after a few kills when they try to get back in usually makes them disconnect. I can sit there for as long as it takes to line up a shot.

That being said I do not bother with everyone in a tank I will avoid them and just go about my business. I reserve it just for those who insist on spawn camping anyone and everyone they catch.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Saying to hide your blip and go somewhere else is stupid. If I'm playing with a handful of people who are all suddenly spammed by a tank why the f*ck would I want to isolate myself to another part of the map.
  • gnad likes this

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't see a lot of tanks? I've only seen one of them in my game time. He was minding his own business blowing up cops and NPC's. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users