Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyway i can play with friends if i'm bad sport?

42 replies to this topic
Howej004
  • Howej004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

Is there a way i can play with friends even if im bad sport? can they join my lobby or something?

Ive read somewhere that if you invite someone to golf and then you both go on freemode you'll go in the same lobby

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Pretty sure they have to be BS as well to play with you.

There might be some glitch around it but otherwise they can't play with you.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Sadly, there is only one way to play with him I think.... And you know what that is.  lol

Howej004
  • Howej004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Sadly, there is only one way to play with him I think.... And you know what that is.  lol

how? :s

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Both gotta be in badsports lobbys.

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Bad sports cannot play with good sports. The only time a bad sport will be in a good sport lobby is when he has become a badsport during that current session. After leaving he won't be able to rejoin any good sport lobbies until he's served his time. 

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Only asshats can play with asshats...sorry. My nephew found out the hard way...2 days he couldn't join his family or crew....it even gives you a message that states only bad sports can join from the invite.

Howej004
  • Howej004

Player Hater

• Members

What Bullsh*t. I wouldn't even buy GTA if i knew you couldn't play with friends if you got bad sport

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

What Bullsh*t. I wouldn't even buy GTA if i knew you couldn't play with friends if you got bad sport

You could just not get BS?  Or have your friends get it as well I guess lol.

Howej004
  • Howej004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:29 PM Edited by Howej004, 14 November 2013 - 03:29 PM.

Easier said than done. I was throwing stickie bombs at a tank to try and blow it up and accidently blew up 2 cars in the process (1 of which was my mates). aswell as the tank which must of been his PV

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 14 November 2013 - 03:34 PM.

Easier said than done. I was throwing stickie bombs at a tank to try and blow it up and accidently blew up 2 cars in the process (1 of which was my mates). aswell as the tank which must of been his PV

I've never been in asshat land....it's REAL easy NOT to blow sh*t up.....just don't. Also, you don't get the asshat for just two cars and one tank....you gotta blow up more than that so you get no pity here (gtaforums that is)

Howej004
  • Howej004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

I've never been in asshat land....it's REAL easy NOT to blow sh*t up.....just don't.

Easy to say when you haven't been killed 20 times by said tank

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by Odesza, 14 November 2013 - 03:36 PM.

Not sure how you get killed 20 times by a tank and haven't blown it up once yet.

Regardless it takes a lot more than 3 PVs to get put in BS lobbies.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 14 November 2013 - 03:38 PM.

I've never been in asshat land....it's REAL easy NOT to blow sh*t up.....just don't.

Easy to say when you haven't been killed 20 times by said tank

I have...but I have self control which you obviously lack. I've got rockets, grenade launchers....high powered sniper....I simply aim for the person and not the vehicle....you keep mentioning the tank....you did more than that to get into asshat land and that is the plain and simple truth...you could have switched sessions or started a mission or activity to get away but you chose not to....take responsibility for your own actions and stop pissing in the wind.

Howej004
  • Howej004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

I don't care that i'm bad sport. I'm not one of these people who says they didn't deserve it.

Alls i care about is that i can't play with friends, which is stupid.

• iJuanYouLost likes this

RainbowBier
  • RainbowBier

BenefactoR*

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

i did yesterday one Jet Run over a enemy Crew and killed 6 or more PV's on the first Strike

you need to be really bad to become bad Sport 

just sayin

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 14 November 2013 - 03:45 PM.

I don't care that i'm bad sport. I'm not one of these people who says they didn't deserve it.

Um...I'd have to say the stupid thing was coming here....it's clear what the intention of the asshat lobby is...it's to keep like minded trouble makers or people with atrocious aims together. If you don't like not being able to game with your buds....don't be a douche, or get some target practice.

Howej004
  • Howej004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

i did yesterday one Jet Run over a enemy Crew and killed 6 or more PV's on the first Strike

you need to be really bad to become bad Sport 

just sayin

i get D/C sometimes when doing missions, but in the past like week ive only destroyed like 5 personal cars.

Howej004
  • Howej004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Um...I'd have to say the stupid things was coming here....it's clear what the intention of the asshat lobby is...it's to keep like minded trouble makers or people with atrocious aims together. If you don't like not being able to game with your buds....don't be a douche, or get some target practice.

Speaking of aim.

Why is it ill be chasing some guy in a car, ill shoot at 30 bullets into the back of his car and his car will just randomly blow up? 30 bullets is nowhere near enough to blow up a car. 

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

Um...I'd have to say the stupid things was coming here....it's clear what the intention of the asshat lobby is...it's to keep like minded trouble makers or people with atrocious aims together. If you don't like not being able to game with your buds....don't be a douche, or get some target practice.

Speaking of aim.

Why is it ill be chasing some guy in a car, ill shoot at 30 bullets into the back of his car and his car will just randomly blow up? 30 bullets is nowhere near enough to blow up a car. 

Your expecting realism from a game that lets you eat snacks to remove bullet damage?

shunsuke
  • shunsuke

AKA, Masatooo !

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

You blew up only 3 cars and got in a bad sport lobby ? Bullsh*t !

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

You can do what I did...but it takes about an hour of leg work.....I just started a new character on a new PSN account. I had to play the into again..which made me want to tear my insides out with a spoon..but in the end it was better than having to spend 2 days in the hell that is BS. Going on l3v3l 60+ missions with my level 80+ friends only equipped with a handgun and micro smg was a challenge.

Lesson to learn though is to stay out of BS. I know they system is flawed when people can earn the dunce hat for defending themselves, but 9/10 of the whack jobs in there deserve to be...and shouldn't be allowed to play with sane people.

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Either way, OP is right. The game should allow friends to player together no matter what. Put them in a private lobby or something. And since killing players doesn't count towards BS I have absolutely no idea why blowing up personal vehicles does. Double standars IMO.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 14 November 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Either way, OP is right. The game should allow friends to player together no matter what. Put them in a private lobby or something. And since killing players doesn't count towards BS I have absolutely no idea why blowing up personal vehicles does. Double standars IMO.

Guess you think they should do away with all the forms of punishment in the game then....

The police

Bounties

Mercenaries

Mugger

Paying insurance for your vehicle if destroyed

Paying insurance for destroying another players vehicle

Yeah, you make complete sense...your looking for the GTA IV forums not the GTA online forum.

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Nope, pretty bullsh*t.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Have bad sport friends.

Yes, the system is dumb.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

BS is a GD punishment...how is it punishing people if they can still play with friends. You don't get BS by accidently blowing up someone’s car....you get it by purposefully blowing up multiple cars in a short period of time.

RoboC
  • RoboC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

Two options:

- Stop being a bad sport and wait out your punishment.

- Find friends who are dicks too.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

BS is a GD punishment...how is it punishing people if they can still play with friends. You don't get BS by accidently blowing up someone’s car....you get it by purposefully blowing up multiple cars in a short period of time.

It's dumb because it punishes the friends of BadSports as well. Want to play with your buddy? NOPE. You can't. Unless you purposefully get bad sport too.

Not wanting a guy to nuke every session is fine.
Not wanting a guy to be able to play with his friends in private sessions is just dumb.

And I'd really argue that BadSport works a lot better at separating out players on their intentions than as a punishment system.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

I see what you’re saying for sure. I'm really walking the fence on the subject honestly. On one hand I feel like you should be able to do an invite only session with friends that aren't BS. But also having been in BS for two days I can tell that a lot of the people there need to be there forever. Some were talking about having 20 plus days...I mean seriously? How much chaos do you have to cause to get that kind of exile? Those people are obviously the one's that no one wants in regular sessions...I'm not so sure about first time offenders...

I think probably the fairest system would keep the BS relegated to freeroam only. If you're BS you can join and host activities with anyone, but if you want to roam the map you're stuck with other bad sports.

• coach_wargo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users