» «
Photo

Whingers in Races

99 replies to this topic
Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by Kifflom, 14 November 2013 - 01:35 PM.

So I was just doing a round of Criminal Records, and surprise surprise, the match I joined was set to Super Cars, Custom On, Catchup Off. I'm using a factory model car, so if I'm to have any chance of winning this, I'm going to have to race smart. Yes? So the race starts, I draft to keep up with the guy, and then on the second corner, I ever so gently ram his ass off the road. One and a half million dollars worth of custom Entity XF goes flying into the ditch, and I go on to win the race by a clean five seconds.

Now what is wrong with that? Evidently a lot, because the little plonker spent three solid minutes crying and screaming at me through his headset, calling me a cheater and an asshole and making all sorts of angry sexist, racist remarks. Huh.

Discuss: poor sports who don't get the point of racing..

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

The point of racing is to get to the other point as fast as possible.

The point of a destruction derby is to ram other cars. You were playing destruction derby, not a race brother brother.

Rich-tv
  • Rich-tv

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Keep it up, I love the sound of people's tears when I ran them off the road
  • coach_wargo likes this

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

The point of racing is to get to the other point as fast as possible.

The point of a destruction derby is to ram other cars. You were playing destruction derby, not a race brother brother.

No, the point of a race is to get to the other point faster than the other guy. Getting there fast yourself is only part of the process.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:49 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 14 November 2013 - 01:54 PM.

So I was just doing a round of Criminal Records, and surprise surprise, the match I joined was set to Super Cars, Custom On, Catchup Off. I'm using a factory model car, so if I'm to have any chance of winning this, I'm going to have to race smart. Yes? So the race starts, I draft to keep up with the guy, and then on the second corner, I ever so gently ram his ass off the road. One and a half million dollars worth of custom Entity XF goes flying into the ditch, and I go on to win the race by a clean five seconds.

Now what is wrong with that? Evidently a lot, because the little plonker spent three solid minutes crying and screaming at me through his headset, calling me a cheater and an asshole and making all sorts of angry sexist, racist remarks. Huh.

You are the asshole in this movie. You are also one jealous asshole, too.

He was an idiot for yelling and screaming, true, but that won`t make you any less of an asshole. Why are you one? Because you fully knew that it is wrong.

[EDIT] He might be a poor sport for being a sore loser, but you are his equal for being a jerk.

No, the point of a race is to get to the other point faster than the other guy. Getting there fast yourself is only part of the process.

Formula 1 is racing. 

• GTAVTheHeat likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

If someone has a custom fully upgraded super car and I am driving stock.

You better believe that bitch is headed for the ditch.
  • senormidget, rocky533 and willeyj like this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:51 PM Edited by MantisFang, 14 November 2013 - 01:52 PM.

Oopsie

oxygen123
  • oxygen123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by oxygen123, 14 November 2013 - 01:56 PM.

Lame noob racing dirty huh? lets see u against me or the other pro racers.. when ill see u trying to ram ill just brake a little then spin ur ass out. racing should be clean, and if u think its not ur just a noob that cant drive sh*t and crash his car on every sharp turn

RajunCajun88
  • RajunCajun88

PS4 Car Meets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

If you have to ram people to win races, you're simply a cheater. Most people will just whine, but If you spin me out, you will regret it for every race that includes me. I'll trap you on a pole to get you another dnf if I need to.
  • alexzub and Upggrade like this

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:11 PM Edited by Kifflom, 14 November 2013 - 02:14 PM.

You are the asshole in this movie. You are also one jealous asshole, too.

He was an idiot for yelling and screaming, true, but that won`t make you any less of an asshole. Why are you one? Because you fully knew that it is wrong.

[EDIT] He might be a poor sport for being a sore loser, but you are his equal for being a jerk.

No, the point of a race is to get to the other point faster than the other guy. Getting there fast yourself is only part of the process.

Formula 1 is racing. 

How could I know something is wrong, when it isn't wrong? Ramming is a perfectly legitimate tactic, especially when aforementioned plonkers have intentionally set up the race to be as unsporting as humanly possible, You can't possibly win a Custom/No-Catch Race on the strength of a factory model alone; it's an uphill battle, and you have to be a very clever racer. Now, maybe if this fellow had of had the grace to turn custom cars off, or at least turn catchup on, I might have foregone the ramming. Not out of some misguided notion of chivalry, mind you, but rather owing to the inherent risks of ramming to one's own car (do it wrong, and you are the one in the ditch!). But he didn't want to play fair, so he received the logical reply.

Also, who says I'm jealous of him? I could have a million-a-half-dollar Entity, if I wanted one. But I don't. I spent my money on a tank, thank you very much, and I must say it's one of the best purchases I've made. I would never have gone 40-1 against players in freeroam with a twee little super car.

• Lysergio likes this

biglewdon
  • biglewdon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Nothing f*cks me off more then someone that rams... That said its how races are won so if needs be i will ram.

The good thing is 90% of the time someone tries to ram they end up messing them selves over.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

If you have to use a fully upgraded supercar and can't stand any contact in races you probably suck.
  • Lysergio and a20characterusername like this

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

OP rammed other race off road in a non-GTA-style race:

Douchebag status possible.

OP mentioned he had a tank:

Douchebag status confirmed.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

You could always host a race with custom vehicles turned off instead of showing that you have no real skill.

• Upggrade likes this

M1chaelB22
  • M1chaelB22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

If you don't like custom on catch up off , then use the B button and quit race and host your own.  Don't come on a forum and complain. Just because someone did something (set up race specifics) that you don't like , that doesn't mean you can race like a douche and then come on the forums and expect sympathy.  You had the option to leave race at the begining.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 14 November 2013 - 02:23 PM.

How could I know something is wrong, when it isn't wrong? Ramming is a perfectly legitimate tactic, especially when aforementioned plonkers have intentionally set up the race to be as unsporting as humanly possible, You can't possibly win a Custom/No-Catch Race on the strength of a factory model alone; it's an uphill battle, and you have to be a very clever racer. Now, maybe if this fellow had of had the grace to turn custom cars off, or at least turn catchup on, I might have foregone the ramming. Not out of some misguided notion of chivalry, mind you, but rather owing to the inherent risks of ramming to one's own car (do it wrong, and you are the one in the ditch!). But he didn't want to play fair, so he received the logical reply.

Also, who says I'm jealous of him? I could have a million-a-half-dollar Entity, if I wanted one. But I don't. I spent my money on a tank, thank you very much, and I must say it's one of the best purchases I've made. I would never have gone 40-1 against players in freeroam with a twee little super car.

I consider Formula 1 the epitome of racing. They have rules, not chivalry. 

I will consider you anything else than an asshole when Formula 1 will race like you do. Until then, you might consider stocking on latex and vaseline.

Alternatively, since you are such a gentleman, you could share with everybody your PSN ID? 

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

If you don't like custom on catch up off , then use the B button and quit race and host your own.  Don't come on a forum and complain. Just because someone did something (set up race specifics) that you don't like , that doesn't mean you can race like a douche and then come on the forums and expect sympathy.  You had the option to leave race at the begining.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - after all, I'm the fellow who won the race, and some of the racial remarks he slung at me were rather funny!

But yes, I do expect SOME sympathy here! I mean, are you lot REALLY popping your monocles and telling me you think ramming is just not cricket? I mean, really, truly, that's the sort of illogical nonsense you believe?

What a world.

Jeremy-Clarkson-facepalm.jpg

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

Why don't you get back to driving a tank in free-roam and ramming children in races? If you really were so sure that your behaviour wasn't pathetic you wouldn't need to come on here seeking the validation of strangers.

Do what you want, it's only a game, but don't come here asking people to back you up.

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by Kifflom, 14 November 2013 - 02:37 PM.

I consider Formula 1 the epitome of racing. They have rules, not chivalry. 

I will consider you anything else than an asshole when Formula 1 will race like you do. Until then, you might consider stocking on latex and vaseline.

Alternatively, since you are such a gentleman, you could share with everybody your PSN ID? 

The reason Formula One has rules against contact is because it's bloody dangerous. You don't want to crash into another car going 200+, because then you'd have a very high probability of injuring and/or killing, not only the other guy, but also yourself.

Of course, this isn't a concern in a digital environment like GTA. (I really hope you don;t need me to explain this one to you, old chap) We can ram each other all day, flip the other guy's car, hem him into a corner and  then repeatedly push him into the prison fence while your Crew mates finish the finish at their leisure, you know, that sort of thing. And there's no harm! Nobody gets hurt, so that's the only valid premise for no-contact rules out the window right there.

My PSN ID is ChrisChanSonichu. Come race some time!

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

Kifflom?

Aren't you suppose to be all nice and sh*t? lol

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

I back him up.

Using custom when others can only pick stock is deserving of a good ramming.

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

I back him up.

How would the other guy know? He's got a tank. He's got cash. I'm guessing he's not level 7.

• Upggrade and a20characterusername like this

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

I like that it is the fault of the person hosting the race in your mind. You said if he had the grace to set it to no custom vehicles. You don't know this person. He is setting up a race the way he wants to, just like you can. Somebody could join a non custom race you host and be pissed that they can't race their suped up car so they decide to ram you off the road. Are they a dick?

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

I back him up.

Everyone that plays legit will be in that situation at some point in time. I was too and I managed to win without the need to ram everyone off the road. If you can't win without playing destruction derby you're probably simply not that good at racing.

• mupp3tz likes this

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

Dude just join another race or host your own if you have to drive dirty to be competitive. Not very many people support ramming tactics. I'm a racer in real life, and I like to race in game like its a real race. I modify my car so it's faster, that is the whole point. If catch up is on, then there is no point in modding my cars. If someone wants to do an even race then suggest it beforehand, and I would pick the same stock vehicle as them.

It just seems odd that you would see that the race has customs on/catch up off, race anyways, ram the leader because you disagree with the terms of the race, then complain that he complained. You could just back out of the race and find a new one. Idk.

BTW I have nothing against ramming tactics, I just don't personally find it fun. If that's how you race go for it, but make sure the rest of the racers are on the same page you are.

willeyj
  • willeyj

54-46

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

About the title of the topic.

I have seen this term whingers used on UK television programs. Does this mean whiney, moaning or bitchy and grumpy or both. I have seen it used in both context.

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

About the title of the topic.

I have seen this term whingers used on UK television programs. Does this mean whiney, moaning or bitchy and grumpy or both. I have seen it used in both context.

All of the above.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

Some of you people act as if scraping against another vehicle, accidentally or not, is some sort of offense that should be punishable by death. I try to race clean, but sometimes you can't help but hit someone when making a tight turn, especially when you're neck-and-neck with other people.

lol @ at the people who expect others to follow their silly little sets of rules that exist only in their head.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 14 November 2013 - 03:01 PM.

The reason Formula One has rules against contact is because it's bloody dangerous. You don't want to crash into another car going 200+, because then you'd have a very high probability of injuring and/or killing, not only the other guy, but also yourself.

Of course, this isn't a concern in a digital environment like GTA. (I really hope you don;t need me to explain this one to you, old chap) We can ram each other all day, flip the other guy's car, hem him into a corner and  then repeatedly push him into the prison fence while your Crew mates finish the finish at their leisure, you know, that sort of thing. And there's no harm! Nobody gets hurt, so that's the only valid premise for no-contact rules out the window right there.

My PSN ID is ChrisChanSonichu. Come race some time!

I was more talking about the idea, or the spirit of the rules. They also have this nice thing called "gaining a position outside track limits", which kinda is put to debate for the race observers and decisions are reached - usually the offender has to give the UNFAIR gained place back. There are all kind of FAIRNESS and SPORTSMANLIKE rules in there.

Races are no-contact. GTA Races is a different beast, but not the point of this thread. 

I`m one of those inadequate folks that think that racing should be clean. Thank you for putting up your PSN ID, so I know who to kick if I ever find you in my games. 

Some of you people act as if scraping against another vehicle, accidentally or not, is some sort of offense that should be punishable by death. I try to race clean, but sometimes you can't help but hit someone when making a tight turn, especially when you're neck-and-neck with other people.

lol @ at the people who expect others to follow their silly little sets of rules that exist only in their head.

Some are accidents. Some are intended. He intended it.

Share your PSN ID too, please, so I know who to boot before race starts.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Some are accidents. Some are intended. He intended it.

Share your PSN ID too, please, so I know who to boot before race starts.

I was speaking in general, not this particular incident, so stop whining with the "Imma kick u if I evar see u!!1' crap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users