Photo

Second character

14 replies to this topic
justincapz
  • justincapz

Sector 100

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

What are the pros of making a second character? And what is the fastest way to rank him up?

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

The things keeping me from starting a new character is any time I play as 2nd character I could be using my first player and ranking him up instead of starting from 0. 

Also I think you have to unlock everything again. If thats true, I wont have any guns and have to do all the races again to unlock paint schemes. 

The one and only reason I have thought of starting a new character is so I can have a second apartment with an additional 10 cars. 

justincapz
  • justincapz

Sector 100

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

The 10 additional cars is what I want to do it for. Also I was thinking of LSC glitchibg my second character to a ridiculous amount of money and if R* does something about the money glitching they will reset my second character. Not my first. And if R* does nothing then I can use that account with an a insane amount of money

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

The things keeping me from starting a new character is any time I play as 2nd character I could be using my first player and ranking him up instead of starting from 0. 

Also I think you have to unlock everything again. If thats true, I wont have any guns and have to do all the races again to unlock paint schemes. 

The one and only reason I have thought of starting a new character is so I can have a second apartment with an additional 10 cars. 

Ding ding! yeah that's what I'm making one for although it's fun to go through that initial race with lamar and a full room of noobs. It also reminds you of how awesome the games missions COULD have been if the rest were implemented the same way instead of instances.

Also don't make a chick character, I did that for fun and yeah the private messages are something else. I feel sorry for chicks that play this game.

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

What are the pros of making a second character? And what is the fastest way to rank

trophies too, you can create a second character to buy the apartment with garage and insurance from the website instead of from the for sale sign which doesn't let the trophy pop. im in that boat, got everything but no trophy.

justincapz
  • justincapz

Sector 100

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

Back to my point from before. Would just my second character be banned/reset if R* does something about the money glitch or would my whole account be reset?

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Back to my point from before. Would just my second character be banned/reset if R* does something about the money glitch or would my whole account be reset?

Both characters would be banned if Rockstar chose to take any action. Its under the same Username so it will be what gets banned/punished. 

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Both characters would be banned if Rockstar chose to take any action. Its under the same Username so it will be what gets banned/punished. 

Banked cash is shared between toons.

J@bz
  • J@bz

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by J@bz, 14 November 2013 - 04:34 PM.

You start from level 0 for your 2nd character  so you have to unlock everything again.

cash in bank is shared between both characters

you get a sperate garage for each character (you have to buy a garage again) with sperate vehicles...but not possible to take cars from one character and put in your other one.

You can sell a car in LSC from both characters and both have different timers...so you can sell 2 cars in 48 mins instead of 1.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Also don't make a chick character, I did that for fun and yeah the private messages are something else. I feel sorry for chicks that play this game.

I wouldn't say don't make a female character but it does change things a bit. You get lots of apartment invites, friend requests, and people start following/stalking you. And yes, some very immature messages.

I don't have a vagina but one of my characters does.
  • blackwolfred likes this

goodgameme
  • goodgameme

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

I made a 2nd one on my second account because I wanted the extra 10 car garage and I was over level 100 on my first character and couldn't see the point of leveling it up more.   Was thinking about doing another one as a woman but now you got me wondering if that's a good idea.

x_-_Robski_-_x
  • x_-_Robski_-_x

Dislocated Member

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

The main advantage is driving butt nekid through the desert in a tractor whenever I get the urge.

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

Another good idea I heard is to use the second character as a car mule.

kailomonkey
  • kailomonkey

Gunman of Fort Carson

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

I made a second character female no problem. I enjoy being able to dress in a bikini and perve at myself. Better than peeving over other female characters dressed as such clearly created by men...

I would say that creating a second "character" is worth it if you like to "pretend". Get another properly, live another life...

Also as said if you've maxed out your garage it could be nice to play with some more. But the vehicle mod unlocks will start from the beginning again and take work. If you like work then go for it...

Tokin
  • Tokin

Snee-i-itch

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

I initially made my second character to get the American Dream achievement. But then I found out that your characters have independent LSC car selling cooldown times, so I generally sell a car on my second character, bank it, and go about my usual business on my main character (including selling another car to LSC).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users