Photo

good headset

41 replies to this topic
BloodRedSpark
  • BloodRedSpark

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

I've used my cheap XBL headset from WalMart, that only cost $20. It has worked for more than a year.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

I use to own turtle beaches x41 and they would have periods where they would start to crackle a lot due to the wireless not having a strong connection. I also didn't like how the ear pieces were small enough to sit on my ear. Got uncomfortable pretty quickly.

I switched to the Astro A50 and man they are comfy as hell. They cup around your ears instead of ontop on them and I never have any interference with my game audio. The audio is also a big improvement. I'm also able to connect them to my xbox and my PC at the same time so I can use Skype instead of Xbox chat. I've never had issues with the battery life since you just plug them in to charge when you're not using them on the stand it comes with. They're $300 though. lol

holy sh*t man!! i bet it is with a pricetag like that hahah

just ordered the x42 for 140 euros give or take...looked fair enough but hell to the no to paying 300+ euros for a headset :p

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

I use to own turtle beaches x41 and they would have periods where they would start to crackle a lot due to the wireless not having a strong connection. I also didn't like how the ear pieces were small enough to sit on my ear. Got uncomfortable pretty quickly.

I switched to the Astro A50 and man they are comfy as hell. They cup around your ears instead of ontop on them and I never have any interference with my game audio. The audio is also a big improvement. I'm also able to connect them to my xbox and my PC at the same time so I can use Skype instead of Xbox chat. I've never had issues with the battery life since you just plug them in to charge when you're not using them on the stand it comes with. They're $300 though. lol

holy sh*t man!! i bet it is with a pricetag like that hahah

just ordered the x42 for 140 euros give or take...looked fair enough but hell to the no to paying 300+ euros for a headset :p

Haha understandable. I just spend a lot on my gaming setup. Waiting for black friday to get my triple monitor setup I've been wanting. 

Not sure how the x42 perform. They could've fixed all the issues the x41 had. Hope you like them bro. Wireless is f*cking amazing after having to deal with wires everywhere.

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Mentioning your console wouldve helped OP.

For PS3 id suggest the official ps3 headset below. Love mine.

F575208D-BC30-4A32-BB80-08A6D6859CB0-359

Or you could buy a turtle beach but personally i dislike wired things.

Does this also send the normal HDMI sound over to the headset meaning I can play with my TV on mute and all sound through the headset, or is it just for chat?

I often like to stay up late and play ages / watch movies, these would help me be silent when people are asleep.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

with 3 monitors i bet u would be raping every1 in those jets on BF4..specially with a customized FOV

i gotta pay respect where respect is due lol

the x42 should arrive saturday so ill be testing it right away

Ukasskickr
  • Ukasskickr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Those sony headsets are pretty cool but the Sony pulse are even better they don't have the annoying boom mike and they look exactly like music headphones, also you can plug the dongle into a pc also you can plug the dongle into an iPhone charger in the wall then plug a music source into them and you have wireless music , you can download custom settings for individual games such as gta etc, much better than the original ones (I have both)

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Those sony headsets are pretty cool but the Sony pulse are even better they don't have the annoying boom mike and they look exactly like music headphones, also you can plug the dongle into a pc also you can plug the dongle into an iPhone charger in the wall then plug a music source into them and you have wireless music , you can download custom settings for individual games such as gta etc, much better than the original ones (I have both)

Do they replace TV speakers tho? I.E Can I have my TV on mute but still hear game and chat through the headset?

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by Lagful, 14 November 2013 - 05:27 PM.

Do they replace TV speakers tho? I.E Can I have my TV on mute but still hear game and chat through the headset?

Using a headset doesn't affect your speakers in anyway. The audio for both are completely seperate, so you can control your speaker volume while using a headset.

On xbox there is also an option to choose whether voice chat comes through the TV, headset, or both.

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Using a headset doesn't affect your speakers in anyway. The audio for both are completely seperate, so you can control your speaker volume while using a headset.

On xbox there is also an option to choose whether voice chat comes through the TV, headset, or both.

Yeah, I know they're separate but, What I am asking, is;

Does the game audio AND chat audio come through the headset meaning I can MUTE my TV and still hear everything. Or is the headset only capable of receiving chat audio?

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

Since no one else here has mentioned it then how about something for those of us who wear glasses? The TBs I have are nice but since they cover the ears they also unfortunately press my glasses into my head. I get a headache after half an hour of using them. I've taken to just draping them around my neck and cranking the volume in order to hear people.

I want something wireless and preferably of the ear-bud type. (Wireless so I don't have to deal with the cat's affinity for dangly things any longer.)  Any suggestions?

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

Since no one else here has mentioned it then how about something for those of us who wear glasses? The TBs I have are nice but since they cover the ears they also unfortunately press my glasses into my head. I get a headache after half an hour of using them. I've taken to just draping them around my neck and cranking the volume in order to hear people.

I want something wireless and preferably of the ear-bud type. (Wireless so I don't have to deal with the cat's affinity for dangly things any longer.)  Any suggestions?

K3ExrMi.jpg

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

@rovert  No more. I'm done with contacts. Glasses are more practical for me than something that can only be used with a whole slew of accompaniments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users