Quantcast

» «
Photo

a way to shows "I am friendly, dont shot"?

139 replies to this topic
AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:52 AM Edited by AzraelX, 17 November 2013 - 09:55 AM.

Beep your horn, that works most of the time.

Nope, not "most" anyways.

I spent a bit of playtime trying to see if there was any way to mitigate random killing, and tested a few methods. I used the invincibility glitch to get the most data in the shortest amount of time possible, since it wouldn't affect their initial reaction. I session hopped a number of times, and selected targets at random. The only similarity they all shared was being located in Los Santos.

Whether you just walk up to someone, or do a hand gesture, or put away your weapon, it doesn't matter. All of these were the same, which was being attacked well over 90% of the time.

There were two ways that actually did reduce this frequency, and one of them was honking your horn. When approaching people like that, I was still attacked over 70% of the time.

The last way reduced the frequency quite dramatically, though. All the way to 0%. This method was "communicate with them on the mic". Of course, it only works with people that actually have a mic and are willing to communicate, but if they do, it allows you to determine if they will shoot you or not before you even put yourself at risk.

And it seems to largely demotivate people from wanting to kill you in general (again, assuming there is communication taking place).

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

TSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:58 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 17 November 2013 - 09:58 AM.

The last way reduced the frequency quite dramatically, though. All the way to 0%. This method was "communicate with them on the mic". Of course, it only works with people that actually have a mic and are willing to communicate, but if they do, it allows you to determine if they will shoot you or not before you even put yourself at risk.

And it seems to largely demotivate people from wanting to kill you in general (again, assuming there is communication taking place).

Yep, this is pretty much the only effective way to find out if someone is a tool or not.

The flip side of that is that most mics users in public sessions are annoying as hell, and are pretty much asking for it.

I only don't go after mic users when they have a voice that sounds like smooth jazz.

J@bz
  • J@bz

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

what i have been doing to make freinds....is using the god mode glitch. You go next to them they try to kill you but they can't...then just message em or talk on the mic.

Puchicas
  • Puchicas

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

I agree that the only way to be sure is to communicate, but would add that an in-game text works in certain situations. For instance, when there's a huge battle at LSC or the airport, I occasionally pick someone to text, pledging my support essentially. I like to cover them from a rooftop, and want to make sure I don't have to worry about them picking me off WHILE making them more effective on the ground because they don't have to worry about my blip while others do.

Another way, though, which my wife used to "make" me do during GTA4 is to absorb the punishment with the same player over and over until they agree to be your friend. This also works almost all the time, if you don't care about your K/D and don't mind taking the high road. You just keep approaching the same player and honking or saluting no matter how often they kill you.

However I admit this last method might be a bit less successful in GTA5, since people seem to care about their stats more and may be glad to just take repeated free kills. I will admit that I care more about stats in this version and that's why I don't try the above method anymore.

CHIEFSTA
  • CHIEFSTA

🔰🍁

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

I usually do the common sense things like walk with a gun to show I'm strapped but then put it away to signal That I'm kool ! Or the basic honk when in my car.

But if you come at me first... This is now COD 1v1 lol

I do admit tho, some of these asswipes get me mad enough to just bring out the tank & have me spawn kill them till they leave :D

l_B33LZ_l
  • l_B33LZ_l

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:36 AM

How do you salute without going to the select menu? I know there is a quicker way to do it.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

If I see anyone doing this sh*t I'm gonna spawn trap and rape them...

Puchicas
  • Puchicas

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

How do you salute without going to the select menu? I know there is a quicker way to do it.

Click the sticks simultaneously.

Puchicas
  • Puchicas

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

No. You're gonna get in one, maybe two kills before getting yourself killed before quitting to come write the terrible thread in your essentially illiterate style about how you totally spawn-raped this noob who was all gay like let's be friends. No one will believe you.

But let's just say they're wrong. Let's say you DO happen to spawn kill some friendly player so repeatedly and so emphatically that you orgasm repeatedly all over the controller your mom's BF bought you used from GameStop so you'd have something to do while he bangs your mom in the next room over forcing you to turn up the volume real high to drown out her cries of ecstasy. Well, in that case, we will all gather around to give you the applause you deserve for such a worthy deed. We will validate you relentlessly. We will give you all the support you would've had if your father stuck around. We'll be the brothers and sisters you never had...

All because you are such an incredible spawn killing badass that we can't help but want to be around you, in spite of your intellect, your personality, and all the other terrible things about you that would normally render a person friendless and devoid of value.
  • MuucavExiled likes this

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

I have tried most of the suggestions listed so far in this thread, to play a frendly game, with the exception of inviting them to my apt.......I will try this

But so far 99.9% of the time  i end up dying .....i speak thru my headset i am playing a frendly game no threat...and boom its like every asshole on the game decides to go looking for the easy kill .....

I am older than a lot of players (52) i enjoy exploring the town, doing the missions with my freinds and creating our own fun, like seeing if we can max out the wanted stars and survive ect.......

The shooting mechanics of the game is harder for me because of the white dot sight....i have a hell of a time see it lol, so i just dont go around shooting, but i have been know to find high ground with a sniper rifle and kill a few who have killed me after telling them i was not a threat

You can change the reticle dot to a crosshair instead. It has to be done in the story mode options for it to take effect in online mode.
I find the crosshair easier to see than the dot. Most notable when trying to shoot from a vehicle or at a helicopter etc.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

No. You're gonna get in one, maybe two kills before getting yourself killed before quitting to come write the terrible thread in your essentially illiterate style about how you totally spawn-raped this noob who was all gay like let's be friends. No one will believe you.

But let's just say they're wrong. Let's say you DO happen to spawn kill some friendly player so repeatedly and so emphatically that you orgasm repeatedly all over the controller your mom's BF bought you used from GameStop so you'd have something to do while he bangs your mom in the next room over forcing you to turn up the volume real high to drown out her cries of ecstasy. Well, in that case, we will all gather around to give you the applause you deserve for such a worthy deed. We will validate you relentlessly. We will give you all the support you would've had if your father stuck around. We'll be the brothers and sisters you never had...

All because you are such an incredible spawn killing badass that we can't help but want to be around you, in spite of your intellect, your personality, and all the other terrible things about you that would normally render a person friendless and devoid of value.

Wow... I'm sorry your childhood was such a f*cked up mess, but I didnt do it :D

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:43 PM Edited by FJack, 17 November 2013 - 05:44 PM.

This may seem off topic but its not. I removed the GPS and HUD last night just to make less clutter on the screen and soon realized it would be so awesome if there was a mode with no minimap or HUD. When you have no idea who is near you through some easy map with blips you use your sense much more, players that speed up in nice cars are immediately visible since they come out of nowhere burning out on every turn while normal friendly players seriously scare the crap outa me by driving like civilians and honking or saluting once they're right across the street.

Made me think the game is made too easy just to allow people to hunt each other. This game needs a mode where there no player blips on the minimap. We'd see a huge improvement in the civility since people wouldnt just be chasing a dot on a map.

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:52 PM Edited by SprunkJunkie, 17 November 2013 - 05:57 PM.

Umm I don't honk or salute or any ridiculous stuff like that, I attack anything near me!  It's kill or be killed in the dog eat dog city.  Want peaceful friendlies to hang with?  Get a crew for that.

Once I joined a dm and there was only me and one other guy so I left, as I'm walking away from the dm marker the other guy leaves it also and shoots me in the back.  Then he runs into the marker, but like a dimwit he invites me back in, so I join and then leave and set up an ambush and just like before he left the dm also and was instantly shot in the face with my shotgun.  This started a war that ended with me killing him at least 20 times before he left the game spitting mad.  The only kill he got on me was the shot in the back.  He didn't know that he angered the combat veteran beast inside me.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

This may seem off topic but its not. I removed the GPS and HUD last night just to make less clutter on the screen and soon realized it would be so awesome if there was a mode with no minimap or HUD. When you have no idea who is near you through some easy map with blips you use your sense much more, players that speed up in nice cars are immediately visible since they come out of nowhere burning out on every turn while normal friendly players seriously scare the crap outa me by driving like civilians and honking or saluting once they're right across the street.

The problem is that your experience is nothing like the mode you're suggesting. The only reason you ever saw anyone is because they still had their radar on.

If you want to know what it would be like to play on this massive map with 16 (or less) players, and no one having a radar, just enter an invite-only session. It'll be the same experience.

In which case, I guess it would improve civility, since no one would ever have the opportunity to interact with one another.

If they ever added a new radar mode (which I'm doubtful of since it would needlessly fragment the game's population even further), it would be the "Far" mode from GTA4.

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

If I kill them and they don't kill me back then I know they are friendly.

...why are you looking at me like that ?

• GTAVTheHeat likes this

J_L_K_64
  • J_L_K_64

NOT a Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by J_L_K_64, 17 November 2013 - 06:53 PM.

last night i got the riot truck/van and started wandering aimlessly around until i started noticing one person killing another over and over (which was only twice, in 2 different sessions) and got in between the two while honking/sirens blaring

one time the one being killed got in and we drove off and he hopped out after a couple minutes and disappeared

the other time i ran the truck into the tank that was spawn killing him, we both died(the guy being killed over and over), but we spawned next to each other and i dropped my RPG for him and i ran away to get another riot truck and i think he ended up taking out the tank

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

HAVING A UNIQUE HONK HELPS.. Had to put that in caps because most of the time it works, I would recommend not trying this in big crowds of spawn killing wars though.

RoboC
  • RoboC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:00 PM Edited by RoboC, 17 November 2013 - 07:01 PM.

I just don't shoot or act in an aggressive manner myself. Gotta treat people like wild animals if you aren't using voice chat.

If they decide to start something like the guy and his friend who were dicking around with a Cargobob by the desert runway the other day and decided to start going after me for no reason when I showed up to get a plane of my own, put them down.

I gunned down the guy chasing me in his Elegy then stickied his friend in the Cargobob while he was foolishly trying to pick me up.

I take great pleasure in making people's sessions a miserable experience if they decide to start something with me.

• lilpokerface likes this

TomKongPhooey
  • TomKongPhooey

No 1 Superguy! (xbox)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

I use the Dukes of Hazzard horn and if deffo works to get across the "im a friendly" point. Its the best i've found  so far

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 17 November 2013 - 07:33 PM.

Try passive mode, send a text message, get out of car.

Drinking a Pisswasser helps show friendliness as well.

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

There's really no definitive way. I've met people who are very cool and don't give a sh*t about a random, easy kill. More often than not, though, I've met my end by underestimating people. You just can't give the benefit of the doubt when you see that dot speeding around the corner, unless you don't care about dying of course. I've probably killed a few friendly players simply because I thought they were coming to kill me and didn't want to take the chance. Now I could care less, really, kill me if you want.

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

let them kill you....then report their ass!!! yes. i snitch. if you senselessly kill me i will report you with no regards to your name calling afterwards. from reporting these types i now receive 5% discounts on most purchases. so keep shooting me for no reason. 

amine-griffy
  • amine-griffy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

actually I used to be nice and so friendly towards others I don't kill them or shoot them but hence everybody plays dirty I decided to change my tactics now if someone kills more cars than twice I get my tank and spawn killing him until I satisfy
myself so I let them kill me first yeah go for It . I spent 15 days in bad sport lobbies so I'm used to chaos and being a dick doesn't bother me

YoungMivy
  • YoungMivy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

I just honk my horn, that usually works. Me and friends mostly ride bicycles and bunny hop around, we even set bountys on each other to get people to come for us when we get bored. Now if I am with my crew and there is another crew with 3-4 members in the same lobby then we start a crew fight till we get bored or we call a peace. If anyone wants to join me then add me at YoungMivy for psn.

chess zebra
  • chess zebra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

Beeping worked, I was in cover and friend from previous game drove up without mic. Some old friends come for bounty, kill, but he honked so I jumped in for some fun.  Apartment invite great idea. Also see handle and send friend invite.

Smart players finding free mode kills turn out kind of costly,  expensive ammo and car insurance bills. Teamwork gets faster $$$.

Good thread

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

ESCALATION OF FORCE!

nmrgoodnightn
  • nmrgoodnightn

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

The clown horn works for me

YoungMivy
  • YoungMivy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

If someone puts a bounty on my friend then I kill them and split the cash :D, They do the same with me.

lilpokerface
  • lilpokerface

ME

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

The thing I hate most is someone posing to be friendly and then shooting me in the back. If you do that, you will be a dead mother fuc*er!! I drop whatever it is I am doing when that happens and make it my sole mission to repeatedly kill that person over and over, and then send a mugger, then a bounty, and then some mercs, and then kill them again. Nothing makes me rage more than a pus*y shooting me in the back after they pretend to be friendly.

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

I had my most enjoyable session last night. I bought a BMX and just cruised the city on my bike. In the 2 hours I was messing around I was only shot 3 times. Most players simply honked and went about their own thing. A few went and got bikes of their own and joined in. I was hanging around LSC, people coming and going. You could tell a few people were wary of me in the area but as soon as they saw I was on a bike and had no guns out they were ok. Most even lined up their cars so I could jump over them and screw around. I did get off the bike once and accidentally equipped the sniper rifle. I got turned on then.... I didnt fight back after re spawning. The guy realized I was not a threat and again went about doing his own thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users