Quantcast

» «
Photo

a way to shows "I am friendly, dont shot"?

139 replies to this topic
alexzub
  • alexzub

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

add me on psn aleXzub , just mark gtaforum

i like to cruise have fun, race, improptu race etc

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

I stand there holding up the double middle finger salute and when they start killing me I do not even fire back. Just keep holding it.

• CHIEFSTA and hungpaul22 like this

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

You know what's going to be bad though? When they fix the wallets and your cash on hand will actually be able to be stolen if higher than 5K.. THEN there really will be a reason to kill other players randomly.

I think we should create a "social" Crew with people on the forums who aren't complete dicks. Not just for hanging out but also people I can join with and do clean racing or fun jobs.

Is your main crew the only one you can join players online? Since we have 5 spots, it won't be a problem to have this one in one of them because people aren't going to want to give up their main crew spot.

I would think it would switch who you join as well.

killerx2
  • killerx2

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

i actually like how it is kind of like the wild.in free aim lobbies it is tougher for someone to just instantly kill you.so i can drive close to someone and if they want to shoot, i just drive off around the block, and come up to kill them.i think there is enough silent cooperation in the game as well.unless you are both just driving, then silent cooperation is not going to happen. but just use a mic then.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

I usually just don't equip a weapon and walk slowly towards them. But the quickest and best way for now is car honk... And if they kill you and steal your car.... Send Mercs and bounties like crazy if you can afford it

• Plug In Baby81 likes this

Plug In Baby81
  • Plug In Baby81

H.B.I.C.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

I always try using my mic to say "hey, this is so and so, don't shoot and I won't" or something along those lines... But being a girl on a mic is difficult because then I usually get people intentionally trying to kill me lol. Or creepy messages, or messages like "you're just a 10 year old!" followed by flaming >_> I just wanna shop you motherf*ckers!

Then again, 1/5 will be someone cool who hops in my buzzard and joins me on my adventures in Los santos :)

Honking does seem like the most universal "hello I'm friendly" method. If you're on foot... You're screwed.

Since I'm always flying in my pink buzzard I can't honk and it makes me sad :( instead I get sniper bullets coming at me lol.

K1llad0r
  • K1llad0r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Im always ready to throw down! I had many situations were i intend no harm but i get shot. So im always checking my map for those white dots near me or moving fast.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

I always try using my mic to say "hey, this is so and so, don't shoot and I won't" or something along those lines... But being a girl on a mic is difficult because then I usually get people intentionally trying to kill me lol. Or creepy messages, or messages like "you're just a 10 year old!" followed by flaming >_> I just wanna shop you motherf*ckers!

Then again, 1/5 will be someone cool who hops in my buzzard and joins me on my adventures in Los santos :)

Honking does seem like the most universal "hello I'm friendly" method. If you're on foot... You're screwed.

Since I'm always flying in my pink buzzard I can't honk and it makes me sad :( instead I get sniper bullets coming at me lol.

How the hell did you repaint the buzzard?

Also yeah I can only imagine being a chick on XBL or something, that's gotta be hell.

Do you play Free Aim or Auto?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Riot Van.

It's impossible for them to kill you without killing themself in the process.  I get REALLY close, so if they RPG or GL me, they die too.

#ChromeRiotVanSwag420YOLO

Mike Honcho
  • Mike Honcho

Packin' Dips

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Horn seems to work well for me. Clown horn sounds the friendliest. I like to fly by people while honking, just in case they aren't friendly. Then, if they don't shoot, I will make a U-turn and come back slowly, and give a few more honks. Getting out and standing there unarmed is the ultimate, "I'm not here to kill you" gesture. Only do that after steps 1 and 2 though. I only get out if were both just sitting in our cars, awkwardly waiting to see if were going to kill each other. If they are still moving around, I don't get out. A few second standoff without any gunfire is a sure sign they are friendly. If they don't shoot at you within the first couple seconds, then 9/10 times they will be friendly.

Surprisingly, I find a lot of people with bounties on their head to be friendly if you don't shoot at them. I think they are hoping you will help them survive.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

nothing will save you. how many players hunt down and kill passive mode players?

and that's the universal signal for I just want to mind my own business.

• lilpokerface likes this

Plug In Baby81
  • Plug In Baby81

H.B.I.C.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by Plug In Baby81, 14 November 2013 - 10:21 PM.

How the hell did you repaint the buzzard?
Also yeah I can only imagine being a chick on XBL or something, that's gotta be hell.
Do you play Free Aim or Auto?
Got it from a friend of mine, I am blessed with some really nice friends on my XBL that have helped me get some cool stuff! I wasn't trying to brag or anything I just mentioned the color because I think when people see pink and hear a chick, they wanna rage at me or something for being cutesy Lolol.

I switch between, if free aim is low populated I will go back to auto aim. Doesn't really matter to me TBH I only get super competitive in jobs. but it seems like auto aim is a lot more dangerous than free aim. Most of the free aim lobbies I've been in were full of a more peaceful and mature crowd which is nice.

Yeah playing on Xbox as a chick is rough sometimes. All I ever hear is "you're fat you're ugly, make me a sandwich". Makes me laugh.
Then I kill them and tell them "don't like the heat, stay outta my kitchen!" Lol

Riot Van.

It's impossible for them to kill you without killing themself in the process.  I get REALLY close, so if they RPG or GL me, they die too.

#ChromeRiotVanSwag420YOLO

I love my riot van to death but when I'm not Rollin with any friends or a crew I like to stay in the air. But it's definitely a lot safer than my buzzard, damn thing has been blown up or I've blown it up at least 10 times now hahaha. Soo expensive -_-

How much is the riot to get back from Mors? Mine hasn't even gotten blown up yet xD with 2 in the front and 2 in back it's like an unstoppable death mobile lol. It feels too OP like my tank or something.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Horn seems to work well for me. Clown horn sounds the friendliest. I like to fly by people while honking, just in case they aren't friendly. Then, if they don't shoot, I will make a U-turn and come back slowly, and give a few more honks. Getting out and standing there unarmed is the ultimate, "I'm not here to kill you" gesture. Only do that after steps 1 and 2 though. I only get out if were both just sitting in our cars, awkwardly waiting to see if were going to kill each other. If they are still moving around, I don't get out. A few second standoff without any gunfire is a sure sign they are friendly. If they don't shoot at you within the first couple seconds, then 9/10 times they will be friendly.

Surprisingly, I find a lot of people with bounties on their head to be friendly if you don't shoot at them. I think they are hoping you will help them survive.

The bounties thing is actually kinda fun if you are bored. Was driving right behind a guy with a bounty on the high way and he kept shooting at me occasionally then eventually stopped once he noticed that whole time I hadn't shot back once. Picked him up robbed a couple stores, made some bhunters chase us  then made a stand against them with a huge shoot out with the majority of the server. Fun times

x_-_Robski_-_x
  • x_-_Robski_-_x

Dislocated Member

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Use a microphone

Exactly. No mic... no parley.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

I love my riot van to death but when I'm not Rollin with any friends or a crew I like to stay in the air. But it's definitely a lot safer than my buzzard, damn thing has been blown up or I've blown it up at least 10 times now hahaha. Soo expensive -_-

How much is the riot to get back from Mors? Mine hasn't even gotten blown up yet xD with 2 in the front and 2 in back it's like an unstoppable death mobile lol. It feels too OP like my tank or something.

Free to replace.

Only have been blown up twice.  Once due to a Buzzard, and once due to Lagful when I was still learning to use it!

It takes exactly nine sticky bombs to blow up.  Yeah, crazy haha I LOVE IT.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

IF I see a Buzzard, its usually shooting at me so I don't like seeing them in the air. Maybe you should try driving something less threatening... a defensive sort of ride. IF someone is flying at me in a buzzard its usually on... even if they don't shoot first because that thing is armed with some dangerous sh*t....

But ya... I think the friendliest way to approach someone is in a ride honking... being in the ride means you have to have some major skillz to just pop a head shot... it also means you have an open seat saying "yo lets go do some sh*t"

If you want random kind interactions with people, I don't think being in an aggressive military machine floating above their heads is a good way to say "yo... Im on the same page as you" ... IT almost says "Im afraid.. OR Im above you...." neither messages are friendly...

Plug In Baby81
  • Plug In Baby81

H.B.I.C.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:21 PM Edited by Plug In Baby81, 14 November 2013 - 11:24 PM.

Free to replace.

Only have been blown up twice.  Once due to a Buzzard, and once due to Lagful when I was still learning to use it!

It takes exactly nine sticky bombs to blow up.  Yeah, crazy haha I LOVE IT.
Holy sh*t 9!?! I gotta start driving that thing around more. Definitely going to be my official crew vehicle, whenever the hell heists come out that thing will be a beast!!

IF I see a Buzzard, its usually shooting at me so I don't like seeing them in the air. Maybe you should try driving something less threatening... a defensive sort of ride. IF someone is flying at me in a buzzard its usually on... even if they don't shoot first because that thing is armed with some dangerous sh*t....

But ya... I think the friendliest way to approach someone is in a ride honking... being in the ride means you have to have some major skillz to just pop a head shot... it also means you have an open seat saying "yo lets go do some sh*t"

If you want random kind interactions with people, I don't think being in an aggressive military machine floating above their heads is a good way to say "yo... Im on the same page as you" ... IT almost says "Im afraid.. OR Im above you...." neither messages are friendly...

Yeah I definitely understand what you're saying, it's just so much faster to get around in than a car and it's much funnier to fly than to drive. But I just gotta take the heat if I'm gonna have one out and about. I'm still learning to shoot with it so I'm not even a good shot, lol, but I'm slowly getting better.

If only it locked on to people with missles... But that'd be wayyy too powerful lol

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

world these days....

last night I take my bicycle to the nearest ammo-nation for some refill (sounds like buying milk huh?)

and saw another player inside

like I used to do, I salute, after buying all the things I need I go up to that guy again and saulte again then I leave

when I get outside he sounds his horn of his dirt bike so I guess he is another friendly player, so we ride a little back to my house and gets off my bike for a little while, then he shot me.......

ok you ask for it, I respawn at the other side of the road, so I walk back with my bigger gun, and saw he is aiming me again, so I shot him down and his tires too, and kill him again when he try to get his bike back...

dont mess with me...I do have guns...

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

Donuts, clown horn= friends
  • teh_g likes this

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

world these days....
last night I take my bicycle to the nearest ammo-nation for some refill (sounds like buying milk huh?)
like I used to do, I salute, after buying all the things I need I go up to that guy again and saulte again then I leave
when I get outside he sounds his horn of his dirt bike so I guess he is another friendly player, so we ride a little back to my house and gets off my bike for a little while, then he shot me.......
ok you ask for it, I respawn at the other side of the road, so I walk back with my bigger gun, and saw he is aiming me again, so I shot him down and his tires too, and kill him again when he try to get his bike back...

Anyone on a bicycle or moped is automatically friendly in my book

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

world these days....

Anyone on a bicycle or moped is automatically friendly in my book

good to know

free mode is getting dangerous, I didnt ride by bike too often now

but I dont want to start a invite only too, kind of bored

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

I use the "Drink Pisswasser" action; nothing says "let's be bros" like chugging a beer.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

In the early days, I used to roll around and meeting randoms. I honked them as I get close to them and both of us will show gestures and eventually ride together. That applies the vice versa.

Now? When there's other people in the room, I will gas my vehicle to the max and go to my destination.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

In the early days, I used to roll around and meeting randoms. I honked them as I get close to them and both of us will show gestures and eventually ride together. That applies the vice versa.

Now? When there's other people in the room, I will gas my vehicle to the max and go to my destination.

I do that most of the time, I go point to point, and drag my phone to join job.

but sometime, I just want to get a little bit roleplay...

you know, ride bicycke and buy something, go shopping (when I rank up and suppose there are new clothes) rob a shop

and that how such things happen

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

I do that most of the time, I go point to point, and drag my phone to join job.

but sometime, I just want to get a little bit roleplay...

you know, ride bicycke and buy something, go shopping (when I rank up and suppose there are new clothes) rob a shop

and that how such things happen

And an immature bastard told me "you should fight. this is gta, not sims", then I told him "doesn't mean you can troll"

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

I'm way more into coop these days, for whatever reasons. Maybe I played too much BF or something. My stats page tells me I've killed around 150 people, that's it. All of them were either bounties or started the aggression, with the exception of my poor crewmate that I've run over or accidentally blown up a couple of times. I don't mind a fight when a fight comes to me, I just don't go looking for it anymore, with the exception of the occasional bounty. 

What really blows is that this supposed "mission-based gameplay" has gone the way of the dodo. I'll join a session, check players, see 15 people with a total of zero JP between them, and keep switching until I find one where people are actually doing something other than recreating the OK Corral at the nearest LSC.  Meh. I was really excited for the game before it arrived, expecting a culmination of all the awesome things that came before. Now I'm just saddened that very few of those things made it into this, at least so far. 

I guess Heists will get people playing more coop again for a while, but since they're likely to be as bug- and glitch-ridden as everything else so far I'm not getting my hopes up much. 

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

This thread reminds me of a funny time online, i was playing alone doing some missions saving up for the turbo mod for my Stanier. I notice im playing with just 6 other guys all part of a crew and decide to see if they're friendly or not, i start walking towards them with my assault shotgun equipped but not aimed. As i get closer the gang notice im coming towards them and all 6 start walking towards me aswell like some kind of duel, i then realise they're holding rpgs, grenade launchers, miniguns etc so for a joke i equip my baseball bat and do a few air swings to show i'm not the kinda guy to mess with and accidently smashed some old ladys head in. They saw i wasn't planing on f*cking with them and we ended up playing as a group and having fun right up untill i went to bed a few hours later.

Some people though just want to f*ck you up first opportunity, if i want to kill other players i'll play deathmatch or wait untill somebody gets a bounty on them!

• Jokimoto likes this

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

You stop near me and honk your horn, that's good enough for me.

Way too many f*ckwits in this game sadly.

Bevchenko
  • Bevchenko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

well in a car its quite generally accepted to honk ur horn when u have no harm intended

THIS :)

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:38 AM Edited by teh_g, 17 November 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Don't shoot at me, I won't shoot at you is how I play it.  If people approach then i'm wary, I always have an escape route planned.  If they cruise near, or past, honk/burnout, then I assume we're cool.

If you shoot at me, then I will bring the rain.  You'd better run.  I spend 99% of my time in free-roam paying vendetta's against those who shoot first.

..and yes, Han shot first, but he had a bounty on his head.

• lilpokerface likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users