Quantcast

» «
Photo

a way to shows "I am friendly, dont shot"?

139 replies to this topic
dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hit me up if your on Xbox! 

I am on PS3

Trevingit
  • Trevingit

cheese meister

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

complete some missions with the same people then you'll have some frendlies to rock with. 

willeyj
  • willeyj

54-46

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

The shooting mechanics of the game is harder for me because of the white dot sight....i have a hell of a time see it lol, so i just dont go around shooting, but i have been know to find high ground with a sniper rifle and kill a few who have killed me after telling them i was not a threat

You can change the target reticule in the settings dlow, makes it a lot easier for those of us whose eyes are past their prime.

First thing I had to do. Getting old sucks my reflexes and sight is not what it use to be.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

doesnt work i was afk cutting my nails and some guy ran me over 15 times ..

go ahead and try saluting

just stand there and take the bullets too

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yeah I go by the general consensus that if you don't mess with me I won't mess with you. I use the horn and garage invite methods which usually work. Occasionally ill honk at someone and they'll road rage at me but I'm pretty good at baiting those guys into launching their car into a building or the water.

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

I'd be up for a "friendly, don't shoot" option. First, it'd be a good way to find easy marks, Second, it'd help me lure other players into a false sense of security - wave the friendly flag, then, when they get near, PLOCKOW, up the Jolly Roger!

TGDBC1
  • TGDBC1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

The shooting mechanics of the game is harder for me because of the white dot sight....i have a hell of a time see it lol, so i just dont go around shooting, but i have been know to find high ground with a sniper rifle and kill a few who have killed me after telling them i was not a threat

Try changing the preference in SP to the more complex sight it made a big difference for me. (I'm 53)

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

Put your weapon away and stand still and salute. That and use your car horn. Those 2 things work for me about half the time. The other half of the time idiots are unloading their rifles on first sight, so nothing you do is gonna change that.

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

No good deed goes unpunished.  I found this out an hour ago when I tried to give my Pegasus tank to the lowest level player on the server. 

So I drive up to this level 4, honk several times. He's just standing there, but turns to look at me. I honk again, then get out, no gun drawn, and jump around next to the tank. Maybe I should've messaged him first because instead of taking this sweet free ride he comes over and starts punching me. After a few seconds of dodging this nonsense I said screw it and shotgunned him, then got back in the tank and spawn killed him about 6 times.

Pretty much everyone else in the server would round a corner, see me, I'd honk, and they'd either u-turn and haul ass or drive slowly by and go on their way. Only one person actually stopped when I honked. He got out of his Entity and we switched rides. Seemed like he had fun for the next ten minutes or so, and I got to test-drive an Entity. 

A couple other people decided it was ramming time. I got BS warnings on two of them when I didn't get out in time, but the others blew themselves up on an empty tank.  Then there were those people who thought it would be a good idea to start emptying magazines from their pistols into me. Honk. Honk. Nothing, just pow pow pow in response. 

No more tank in public sessions for me.  It's great for killing cops but I can do that without it. 

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

Fire a warning shot.
From a tank.

• lilpokerface likes this

Realness
  • Realness

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by Realness, 14 November 2013 - 03:47 PM.

I have tried most of the suggestions listed so far in this thread, to play a frendly game, with the exception of inviting them to my apt.......I will try this

But so far 99.9% of the time  i end up dying .....i speak thru my headset i am playing a frendly game no threat...and boom its like every asshole on the game decides to go looking for the easy kill .....

I am older than a lot of players (52) i enjoy exploring the town, doing the missions with my freinds and creating our own fun, like seeing if we can max out the wanted stars and survive ect.......

change the reticule from simple to complex (or maybe it's advance) it gives you a cross hair and not that white dot. I haven't used that dot since the first week.

Matured players are always different from kids, when I did missions with guys around 30s they would wait, get in a car together, complete the mission and leave no one stranded, one day I did a mission with my nephew and his 13 yrs old friend, as soon as he collected the plane he just took off I was telling him to wait for the other dude instead of just flying away his response "he can drive to the delivery point"

I'm yet to meet any random friendly...I ride a bike so you know people are coming to run me over, it's like a free kill but my k/d is 2.0 so I always have the last laugh.

++++

Poster above sorry, if I see a tank I'm getting the f*ck outta there ..unless if course u were standing on the tank, a friendly tank...yeah right!

• Eddie_INTV likes this

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Me I go around their car with my BMX and I jump around like an idiot without shooting or showing any sign of danger.

It worked some times!

But also some dbags just said ''LOL LET'S RAM HIM SO HARRRD!''

I just removed my face that was stuck in a brick wall right now so I could post this.

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Salute or sound the horn, in most cases when i play my musical horn most players i've met won't fire. Although some still do so always be on your guard. 

Brainberry
  • Brainberry

Tiger Lion King Of The World

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

Honking is the best way to show you're friendly. I had a guy holding a grenade launcher pointing at me and I just spammed honk and he put it away. Gave him a ride to his apartment since he was in the woods somewhere on foot doing god knows what. 

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by mambonutz, 14 November 2013 - 03:58 PM.

Sadly, I haven't had the same 'good experience' many of you have had.

After having my ass handed to me countless times in GTAO...I've resorted to taking alleys and sneaking, to get around at times.

Some guys are relentless...so, I've become very twitchy on the trigger. Not an idiot, just twitchy.

So far, I've had very few good confrontations. But I'm trying. ;)

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:01 PM Edited by GunWrath, 14 November 2013 - 04:02 PM.

As ruthless as GTAO is, I have learned to always give people the benefit of the doubt, especially new players. I remember when i was just starting out and wanting to team up with randoms to hopefully forge some friendships and alliances. I rarely shoot on sight and always salute or honk my horn as a friendly gesture to strangers who dont approach me with guns drawn in an aggressive manner. If im shot at i move on. If they persist i cut them right the fuk down too.

Ah, yes.. the first few days of GTA Online were great. Noone killed anyone, everyone rode side by side.. once everyone pretty much did all missions or got their first cars modded up, it went downhill. I miss those days :(

I find myself in a 2hr fight before getting off each night because some dickwad wants to kill me bc I chose to ride on the same road or some sh*t. So I end up taking him on until he finally runs away or leaves.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Use a microphone

this
it's the only real way to communicate with other players

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Use a microphone

this

Mine's set to crew and friends. It sucks in a way because I agree with you, but I'd rather suffer with a lack of communication than to have to hear and selectively mute all the asshats in this game.

• pacman2012 likes this

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

if you don't want to shoot, then don't.  don't get upset when they kill you, just learn from it.  you can't play nice with "that" person.  if you really want to friend up, use the player tab and send them a message.  I've met a couple of really cool people that way.

and, of course, the best way is to play in a friend, crew or invite only game.  you can set those up when joining online from the single player game.

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

I honk my horn. Most people do. Others will abuse this though. Just gotta put faith in your fellow player.

Luvythicus
  • Luvythicus

Pugman Luvy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by Luvythicus, 14 November 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Well, the usual saluting or honking is yer best bet, I guess. I personally usually just play on Invite-Only servers with friends. If anyone cares to just play like that, lemme know, I'm on Xbox: Fluffythicus

I use Skype for voicechatting, since I owned about 7 different Xbox headsets and they all died. Add me on there, too, Luvythicus. I play nice, but can joke around too, it's all good with me, as long as people are respectful, haha :D

Oh, and I like trying to help people in finding the more uncommon cars, too :D

SkyMiteFall
  • SkyMiteFall

You a Busta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by SkyMiteFall, 14 November 2013 - 06:56 PM.

From my experiences nothing stops some f*ck boy from shooting at you. Salute the bitch, honk at em, even just driving past them...apparently all that is aggressive, threatening behavior.

Now since I'm not a little jackass, i understand if someone isn't shooting at me he's not a threat, a lot of times this gets me killed.

So then i have whoever from my crew that's in game with me hunt down the little bitch until they learned their lesson.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

You can change the target reticule in the settings dlow, makes it a lot easier for those of us whose eyes are past their prime.

First thing I had to do. Getting old sucks my reflexes and sight is not what it use to be.

My first thought was "where is my targeting reticle." First thing I did in the game was change that because I can't see a white spec.

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

I honk my horn, then I usually go boom.

DontSn1tch
  • DontSn1tch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

I generally announce myself on the mic. "Whoever is apporaching the mod shop/ammu/whatever, I'm friendly till you force me to act otherwise" works more than not, meet a lot of people make a lot of friends this way
  • Eddie_INTV likes this

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

Professional Tank Griefer

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Maybe something like wielding a pink RPG?

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Put your weapon away and stand still and salute. That and use your car horn. Those 2 things work for me about half the time. The other half of the time idiots are unloading their rifles on first sight, so nothing you do is gonna change that.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

I try running in my skivvies. Rarely works.
  • Str1p3s likes this

pacman2012
  • pacman2012

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Use a microphone

this

Mine's set to crew and friends. It sucks in a way because I agree with you, but I'd rather suffer with a lack of communication than to have to hear and selectively mute all the asshats in this game.

Yeah too many pre-puberty children screaming in the mic...

I dont get how saying "balls" or "pen*s" is so funny?

I always go crew/friends.

• Eddie_INTV likes this

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

You know what's going to be bad though? When they fix the wallets and your cash on hand will actually be able to be stolen if higher than 5K.. THEN there really will be a reason to kill other players randomly.

I think we should create a "social" Crew with people on the forums who aren't complete dicks. Not just for hanging out but also people I can join with and do clean racing or fun jobs.

Is your main crew the only one you can join players online? Since we have 5 spots, it won't be a problem to have this one in one of them because people aren't going to want to give up their main crew spot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users