Quantcast

» «
Photo

a way to shows "I am friendly, dont shot"?

139 replies to this topic
prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

after reading a lot of topics that ppl DONT actually like killing other players in freemode, but to hangout with them...

personally I am same kind of ppl, I like to ride my race bikr or BMX, and go skatepark for some jump or whatever things, 2 weeks or so before I do meet some other guy doing the same thing and we had a good time, but I didnt do that these days as that might be too dangerous.

now when I see other player in my rador, I have to equip and put an put my finger on L2 first, which if kind of sad, as we cant actually having fun around but just killing others for no reason (that's ok if you have like $500 killing a freemode player, but you dont)

I am not sure how much player visit this forum, but I may suggest maybe we can use one of those existing gesture to shows we are friendly before anyone fires?

maybe we put our gun away and salute first?

what do you guys think?

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

you are now manually breathing

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

go ahead and try saluting

just stand there and take the bullets too

• hsthompson, StormerBoy, World Champion and 8 others like this

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

Nice idea, but it'll be misused.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

well in a car its quite generally accepted to honk ur horn when u have no harm intended

dont think flipping some1 the bird on a bike would take really positive though :p

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

i have found nothing that keeps random people from shooting me......

• lilpokerface likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

I am not sure how much player visit this forum, but I may suggest maybe we can use one of those existing gesture to shows we are friendly before anyone fires?maybe we put our gun away and salute first?

How many dickheads are going to go along with that? Wishful thinking isn't even the right word to use.

I see your point, but beeping or saluting ends up with a bullet either way.

• saintsrow and lilpokerface like this

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

send text messages to them

but most of the time, you'll get bullets in the face

CowboyTorry
  • CowboyTorry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

after reading a lot of topics that ppl DONT actually like killing other players in freemode, but to hangout with them...

personally I am same kind of ppl, I like to ride my race bikr or BMX, and go skatepark for some jump or whatever things, 2 weeks or so before I do meet some other guy doing the same thing and we had a good time, but I didnt do that these days as that might be too dangerous.

now when I see other player in my rador, I have to equip and put an put my finger on L2 first, which if kind of sad, as we cant actually having fun around but just killing others for no reason (that's ok if you have like $500 killing a freemode player, but you dont)

I am not sure how much player visit this forum, but I may suggest maybe we can use one of those existing gesture to shows we are friendly before anyone fires?

maybe we put our gun away and salute first?

what do you guys think?

Use a microphone

• DMC14 and TJK319 like this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

Beep your horn, that works most of the time. Or put the sirens on if driving a police car. I stole a police car and followed a random player once, and as I got closer I put on my sirens, and he actually pulled over, haha. 

• THEFAM_MCMJ and Eddie_INTV like this

NormanR6
  • NormanR6

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

Don't shoot first. Simple as that. I prefer to let the other person kill me first anyway, That way I don't feel bad when My crew chases them around and kills them until they leave the game.

Which people always kill me in my sabre? like really? wtf. Had to kill a guy about 15 times last night before he finally left. Including chasing him all around downtown.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Forever hungry

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

I humped this AFK guy's 9F with my Riot Van for like 5 minutes, playfully.

He then got back, and he got out of his car and I presumed to make love to his car.  I didn't fire a bullet or anything, just calmly molesting his vehicle then he tried to kill me.

Didn't end well for him since my windshield is bulletproof but just goes to show that even if being friendly, players are still assholes.

• iEdwin, SkunkonToast, Plug In Baby81 and 2 others like this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Needs to be an Emote/action waving a White Flag/Banner! :D

Then you just set it and then click L3 + R3

BoltActionAUT
  • BoltActionAUT

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:21 AM Edited by BoltActionAUT, 14 November 2013 - 11:22 AM.

passive mode and text message

always works

hammertime99
  • hammertime99

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:25 AM Edited by hammertime99, 14 November 2013 - 11:25 AM.

The best way for me is inviting people into my appartement, saluting in the garage and then drive out with them. Never got shot with this method. And this even works with 2-3 people at the same time. It's just awesome...

mkjah22
  • mkjah22

Co-Commissioner of LS Cannabis Kings

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Yeah I never shoot first unless its obvious that they are going to shoot me.  Usually I wait too long and get a shotgun to the head or sniped but damn is that revenge sweet.   Even more so if you have crew in the area.

I've tried pretty much everything and unless you are already friends or they are in your crew then the best tactic is to either go the other way or get into a firefight.  

Asides from that all you really have left in terms of options is to send a message to somebody who appears to be doing the same kind of stuff as you.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

As ruthless as GTAO is, I have learned to always give people the benefit of the doubt, especially new players. I remember when i was just starting out and wanting to team up with randoms to hopefully forge some friendships and alliances. I rarely shoot on sight and always salute or honk my horn as a friendly gesture to strangers who dont approach me with guns drawn in an aggressive manner. If im shot at i move on. If they persist i cut them right the fuk down too.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

I use the honking horn method and tends to work most times! did it last night and ended up rolling with two other random Entity owners!. They are now my XBL friends and one of them has joined my crew!. good times had by all and all is right  in Los Santos

0_0.jpg

• BuyMeTheMoon and Plug In Baby81 like this

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Sit inside your apartment.

Invite players to your apartment.

Talk to the players inside your apartment, and say you want to team up.

Leave apartment together.

Long winded and inconvenient, but gestures and honking won't cut it.

• fw3 likes this

Clarence Hayworth
  • Clarence Hayworth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Today I was being killed repeatedly by a tool in a tank. There were no cars nearby for me to use as an escape, until eventually someone pulled up in a red sportscar honking his horn. Relieved, I ran over and tried to jump in the passenger side... But it was locked. "You don't have access to this personal vehicle." With no time to spare, I quickly ran away, only for the friendly red car to run me over then gun me down. Repeatedly. Maybe he didn't realise his car was locked, and was offended at the thought I may have rejected his offer for a ride? Who knows.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

I have tried most of the suggestions listed so far in this thread, to play a frendly game, with the exception of inviting them to my apt.......I will try this

But so far 99.9% of the time  i end up dying .....i speak thru my headset i am playing a frendly game no threat...and boom its like every asshole on the game decides to go looking for the easy kill .....

I am older than a lot of players (52) i enjoy exploring the town, doing the missions with my freinds and creating our own fun, like seeing if we can max out the wanted stars and survive ect.......

The shooting mechanics of the game is harder for me because of the white dot sight....i have a hell of a time see it lol, so i just dont go around shooting, but i have been know to find high ground with a sniper rifle and kill a few who have killed me after telling them i was not a threat

• JustOneMonth, mupp3tz and dannybohy like this

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

salute works 90%

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

"You don't have access to this personal vehicle.".

I hate this message in those circumstances.

• lilpokerface and fw3 like this

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

I'm not sure the people who act like morons in GTAO use these forums, which is why they may seem less civilised. Saluting never worked for me, but I've found that people with names spelled nicely with proper English words react nicely to honking the horn, and someone else gave me a "Thank You" message when I shot the cops for them.

Basically, people with classier name (capitals where necessary, English words etc) tend to be nicer. Stereotype but meh.
  • Eddie_INTV likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

I received an invitation to one guy's apartment. When I got there, nine other players were hanging out. We were all mic'd and had a really great, funny conversation. About five of us ended up becoming "friends" and did a few races, after. It was the best online experience in GTA I've had, so far.

A few days later, I sent out an invite to my place and about six players showed up - same thing happened! Lot of fun!

It would be cool if in the game, the blips could show friends using a color (white = unknown, red = unfriendly, green = friendly, etc. etc.). Just a thought.

Also, beeping has always been the sign of "friendly, hop in! Let's cruise!" even back in GTA4 multiplayer.

Good post! Cheers!

Slacca
  • Slacca

Alternative Television Ferret

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

The shooting mechanics of the game is harder for me because of the white dot sight....i have a hell of a time see it lol, so i just dont go around shooting, but i have been know to find high ground with a sniper rifle and kill a few who have killed me after telling them i was not a threat

You can change the target reticule in the settings dlow, makes it a lot easier for those of us whose eyes are past their prime.

• willeyj and Eddie_INTV like this

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

I received an invitation to one guy's apartment. When I got there, nine other players were hanging out. We were all mic'd and had a really great, funny conversation. About five of us ended up becoming "friends" and did a few races, after. It was the best online experience in GTA I've had, so far.
A few days later, I sent out an invite to my place and about six players showed up - same thing happened! Lot of fun!
It would be cool if in the game, the blips could show friends using a color (white = unknown, red = unfriendly, green = friendly, etc. etc.). Just a thought.
Also, beeping has always been the sign of "friendly, hop in! Let's cruise!" even back in GTA4 multiplayer.
Good post! Cheers!

When you think about it, it's quite sad that a good experience in GTAO is simply getting along, and the normal experience is people killing eachother. If I had a mic, I guess it'd make communication easier. Sounds like you had a fun time.

Has anyone else accidentally shot their friend because of auto aim? I was in a chase with a friend and auto aim targeted him instead, and I felt bad. He couldn't understand my sorry coz he's not an English speaker. :(
  • rnb010 likes this

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

I have tried most of the suggestions listed so far in this thread, to play a frendly game, with the exception of inviting them to my apt.......I will try this

But so far 99.9% of the time  i end up dying .....i speak thru my headset i am playing a frendly game no threat...and boom its like every asshole on the game decides to go looking for the easy kill .....

I am older than a lot of players (52) i enjoy exploring the town, doing the missions with my freinds and creating our own fun, like seeing if we can max out the wanted stars and survive ect.......

i also think its based on ur region...

ive seen a tank just once playing this game and he just went about riding around blowing stuff up. not people or/and their vehicles

ive been followed a couple of times but no shooting at all..we just kinda drove around together

and usually i can go to wherever i wanna go without any harrasment (no ammunation camping nd stuff like that)

there are exceptions though ..assholes are everywhere but i think in some regions there are just alot more than in others

im NL based

• Eddie_INTV likes this

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hit me up if your on Xbox! 

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

When you guys see me, run.
  • lilpokerface likes this

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

You can change the target reticule in the settings dlow, makes it a lot easier for those of us whose eyes are past their prime.

I will check out the settings and see if that helps....thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users