What is creepiest place in gta v?

207 replies to this topic
Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Thug

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:20 AM

Mt Gordo ghost is extremely creepy and don't forget underwater at anytime and the mineshaft one look at it and it gives me Goosebumps and the sewers just thinking that the ratman is gonna pop out of nowhere even know that's in GTA 4 and it's probably not
real

Damn you necro bumped the sh*t out of this lol. I guess I'll participate and say way out in the water at night where you can't see land. Scary sh*t.

DylRicho
  • DylRicho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

I guess I might as well join in.

I suffer from submechanophobia, so I'm yet to explore the depths of the ocean in a submersible. I really want to do it as I love that kind of thing, but heart palpitations aren't my idea of fun. It's also triggered by being in the water next to one of the moored container ships at the docks, and exacerbated further in real-life. Needless to say, I didn't pass the YouTube 'test' video.  :lol:

Drug Tino
  • Drug Tino

El Presidente

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

- the (literally) endless abyss 

- the abandoned mine shaft 
- Mt. Gordo at night in the NG version of the game with the additional whispers and screams that were added. 

• Arrows to Athens, Kaiju Blue and the gta psychopath like this

DylRicho
  • DylRicho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

Oh crap, yes. I haven't been to Mount Gordo with my headphones on. I will have to check that out.

gonnaenodaethat
  • gonnaenodaethat

Yellow Car!!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:47 PM Edited by gonnaenodaethat, 23 February 2018 - 10:02 PM.

Trevor's toilet.

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:08 PM

The cemetary in Ludendorff at night.

the gta psychopath
  • the gta psychopath

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:40 AM

- the (literally) endless abyss 
- the abandoned mine shaft 
- Mt. Gordo at night in the NG version of the game with the additional whispers and screams that were added. 

Now I'm definitely not going back to mt Gordo

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

When I first got the game a few years back, any of the mountainous wooded areas at night were pretty creepy.
But aside from the mountain lions, it turned out there was nothing really dangerous there.
I wish they would have made a few more heavily wooded areas and a cave or two with a really pissed off grizzly bear that was pretty hard to kill.
Or
Something like that abandoned bottling plant in Liberty City with the huge ruined interior and underground area... Maybe a steel mill in the desert.
The coolest thing to add to that would be a mostly invisible creature (just a distortion, like the "cloaked predator" effect) that only appears in the lower level at night, every few days and is practically impossible to kill...
But once you do kill it, it becomes fully visible and is something pretty horrible looking... The prefect "WTF" moment.
But unfortunately that's not a feature and now that I've pretty much explored everywhere, there is nothing really that creepy left.

DylRicho
  • DylRicho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

When I first got the game a few years back, any of the mountainous wooded areas at night were pretty creepy.
But aside from the mountain lions, it turned out there was nothing really dangerous there.
I wish they would have made a few more heavily wooded areas and a cave or two with a really pissed off grizzly bear that was pretty hard to kill.
Or
Something like that abandoned bottling plant in Liberty City with the huge ruined interior and underground area... Maybe a steel mill in the desert.
The coolest thing to add to that would be a mostly invisible creature (just a distortion, like the "cloaked predator" effect) that only appears in the lower level at night, every few days and is practically impossible to kill...
But once you do kill it, it becomes fully visible and is something pretty horrible looking... The prefect "WTF" moment.
But unfortunately that's not a feature and now that I've pretty much explored everywhere, there is nothing really that creepy left.

They should have just added the Rat Man legend from GTA IV into the game as an Easter egg. The sewer system would be perfect for that. Not much really goes on in there and that's a lot of work for something that's only used once in the story mode.

the gta psychopath
  • the gta psychopath

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:35 PM

Or

They should have just added the Rat Man legend from GTA IV into the game as an Easter egg. The sewer system would be perfect for that. Not much really goes on in there and that's a lot of work for something that's only used once in the story mode.

Yeah they should add ratman in the sewers and make him almost impossible to kill that would be pretty scary

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

GTAO! LOL!

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:29 PM Edited by Lioshenka, 27 February 2018 - 11:27 AM.

I suffer from submechanophobia,

Sorry, dude, I just couldn't resist: you should have used this excuse!

hqdefault.jpg

• DylRicho likes this

DylRicho
  • DylRicho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:09 AM

Saved by the anti-hotlinking precaution!  :D

• Lioshenka likes this

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:24 PM Edited by Lioshenka, 27 February 2018 - 12:25 PM.

Meh, GTA 5 is not as scary as SA.

For me the most scary places in 5 were the mine and the area by the lighthouse, at night. Didn't know the mine was there until someone posted a video of it on YT. It would have been so much nicer if R* have finally figured out how to add a torch to the game, they added the ability to turn the headlights off and on. Swimming and hearing these orca cries is a bit freaky too though.

Encountering wild cats and sharks isn't scary, it's annoying as f*ck. I can't take a walk without being attacked and killed. R* completely ruined the fun of exploring the outdoors. I mean, how often people are killed by wild animals in California? Is there really a wild cat every 20 metres or so? Don't think so.

DylRicho
  • DylRicho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

Meh, GTA 5 is not as scary as SA.

For me the most scary places in 5 were the mine and the area by the lighthouse, at night. Didn't know the mine was there until someone posted a video of it on YT. It would have been so much nicer if R* have finally figured out how to add a torch to the game, they added the ability to turn the headlights off and on. Swimming and hearing these orca cries is a bit freaky too though.

Encountering wild cats and sharks isn't scary, it's annoying as f*ck. I can't take a walk without being attacked and killed. R* completely ruined the fun of exploring the outdoors. I mean, how often people are killed by wild animals in California? Is there really a wild cat every 20 metres or so? Don't think so.

Nope, it's not too common. But I guess here, we're dealing with the limitations of the spawn radius of the game engine, and depending on how the cats were programmed, I'd think their senses would be able to detect you from a good distance. That would be realistic, anyway.

I'll be loading the game up today to check out Mount Gordo. Apparently there are screams and such now. That might make it the scariest place above water, for me. I guess it depends if they are bone-chilling screams, or whispers.  :lol:

polaris23
  • polaris23

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:28 AM

I really don't see anything wrong with bumping old topics where there's still a valid conversation to be had.

On topic: the underwater depths are creepy as hell, especially in single players where there's no other real people playing and it's just you, the dark sea abyss and potential shark threats! I love it.
  • DylRicho likes this

BenMitchell90
  • BenMitchell90

Humans find such fascinating ways to waste their time

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:26 PM Edited by Wu-Tang Forever, 02 March 2018 - 09:02 PM.

I've gotta say, GTA V flat-out rocks when it comes to delivering creepy locations. I'm hardly bringing up anything that hasn't already been brought up in this thread, but here are my picks and comments.

* The ocean. I've got a biiiit of thalassophobia (fear of large bodies of water), and few games have triggered it like this one has, even if I actually love exploring the ocean. Yeah, it's technically a lot of space that could have gone to a larger land mass/more interiors, but I still find it really cool. And creepy. Like going about as far out into the ocean as you can go, and hopping out of your boat or jet ski and going swimming, finding yourself in just a blue abyss. Terrifying, even if there aren't any sharks around. Or when you happen to be about as deep as you can go without hitting crush depth where it gets darker, especially at night. I was doing Michael's submarine part hunt and was swimming around near a plane wreck looking for a piece, and it got really dark, and I couldn't get my bearings, and it creeped me out big time. Oh, and that was all on the Xbox 360 version. I have yet to really explore the ocean in my XB1 version, and I can't wait to do it all again with all the added sea life. I have had a couple occasions where I've been swimming and heard that orca cry and jumped out of my skin, even though it's just Shamu and they can't hurt you. 

* This is gonna sound a little weird, but the mountains on the shores of the map, if that makes sense. You know, the edges of the map that slope down into the beaches on the east? Those. I've been out there a few times, and they're some of the only places in the map that really, truly feel remote to me. Especially at night. I remember being out there as Franklin once (it was after "Hood Safari", and I'd escaped on my jet ski and decided to get back to civilization with him instead of just switching to another character, without going back to where the cops had been looking for me before - yeah I like to immerse myself, shut up :p). I was going up those hills on foot, and it was dark, and I was role-playing and using my gun's flashlight to see the way, and it was really pretty creepy.

* Mt. Gordo. I really don't think I have to explain why. One time I decided that I was gonna find Jolene Cranley's ghost, so I went up there as Franklin and sort of camped out, not leaving until I found the ghost. It was really cool, as I'd never really been up there before and the sun was setting while it was kinda hazy, and it just looked gorgeous. Like something out of a painting. Then night fell, and it actually took me a while to find the ghost, especially since I wasn't too sure about the specifics of her location/the time to see her (I think I was playing during one of many periods where I didn't have internet access). Nothing is Scarier was in full effect, as I was on edge the entire time. And when I finally did find her... yeah, I was creeped out. Yeah it's just a 2D image floating up and down that doesn't do anything, but I still find that gaping mouth so terrifying. And I hear that the XB1 version adds screams. Oooh yeah, I am definitely going on another ghost hunt at some point.

* The mine shaft. It actually took me a while to go here, as for whatever reason I wasn't that interested. But then I decided to go looking for it. When I found it, well, I was expecting just a short little shaft with that corpse in there and nothing more. What I got was a surprisingly big series of shafts that didn't really go anywhere or go out that far, but still felt big enough that it was creepy and intimidating as hell. At first I was gonna walk the whole way to make it even creepier, but before long I was running, and not just because it's surprisingly large (and I was playing as Trevor, so it's really kind of funny imagining this psycho running through the mine shaft freaked out :p). And I understand that Online used this mine shaft for a Halloween slasher-themed mode, which is perfect (EDIT - apparently it actually doesn't - whoa, that's really surprising to me). But they really missed an opportunity by not having a gas mask with those eyeholes and a pickaxe as a weapon (especially since they could just do a quick reskin of the hatchet and call it a day). My Bloody Valentine, anyone?

EDIT - And I definitely plan on going back there and playing THIS. Just like when I played "Aquatic Ambiance" and DKC3's "Water World" while exploring the ocean, It'll be so perfect.

* And this one's pretty tame compared to my other examples, but the non-Families parts of South LS can actually feel really creepy and dangerous, especially at night, and especially because the other gangs are so easy to piss off. There was this one time I was driving through there as Michael with Dave Norton in "By the Book" (leaving the hideout), and I stopped at a stop light, and these two gangbangers actually held me up and shot at me. I was startled, but impressed.

• DylRicho and Dr. Robotnik like this

DylRicho
  • DylRicho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:58 PM Edited by DylRicho, 02 March 2018 - 08:58 PM.

* The ocean. I've got a biiiit of thalassophobia (fear of large bodies of water), and few games have triggered it like this one has, even if I actually love exploring the ocean. Yeah, it's technically a lot of space that could have gone to a larger land mass/more interiors, but I still find it really cool. And creepy. Like going about as far out into the ocean as you can go, and hopping out of your boat or jet ski and going swimming, finding yourself in just a blue abyss. Terrifying, even if there aren't any sharks around. Or when you happen to be about as deep as you can go without hitting crush depth where it gets darker, especially at night. I was doing Michael's submarine part hunt and was swimming around near a plane wreck looking for a piece, and it got really dark, and I couldn't get my bearings, and it creeped me out big time. Oh, and that was all on the Xbox 360 version. I have yet to really explore the ocean in my XB1 version, and I can't wait to do it all again with all the added sea life. I have had a couple occasions where I've been swimming and heard that orca cry and jumped out of my skin, even though it's just Shamu and they can't hurt you.

I'm yet to witness the orca cries; sounds like it should be interesting. Do you know where exactly you were when you heard them?

* This is gonna sound a little weird, but the mountains on the shores of the map, if that makes sense. You know, the edges of the map that slope down into the beaches on the east? Those. I've been out there a few times, and they're some of the only places in the map that really, truly feel remote to me. Especially at night. I remember being out there as Franklin once (it was after "Hood Safari", and I'd escaped on my jet ski and decided to get back to civilization with him instead of just switching to another character, without going back to where the cops had been looking for me before - yeah I like to immerse myself, shut up :p). I was going up those hills on foot, and it was dark, and I was role-playing and using my gun's flashlight to see the way, and it was really pretty creepy.

If you mean the cliffs on the eastern side of the map, then sure. That's an incredibly remote area of the map, where there's no other human interaction around you. I've been there during the day while playing Online, and it's rather tranquil and mellow.

However, change that day to night and it becomes a completely different experience. More so in single-player because you have the mountain lions to concern yourself with. The waves crashing against the cliff, and the ambiance of the wildlife make it incredibly creepy. There's not a single artificial light source in sight.

It's also a bitch to navigate if you get yourself stuck on the angled cliff edge. Online has a habit of sticking you in places like this, so navigating back to a road where you can call in your vehicle is an absolute nightmare. There's an area on the west like this too.

* Mt. Gordo. I really don't think I have to explain why. One time I decided that I was gonna find Jolene Cranley's ghost, so I went up there as Franklin and sort of camped out, not leaving until I found the ghost. It was really cool, as I'd never really been up there before and the sun was setting while it was kinda hazy, and it just looked gorgeous. Like something out of a painting. Then night fell, and it actually took me a while to find the ghost, especially since I wasn't too sure about the specifics of her location/the time to see her (I think I was playing during one of many periods where I didn't have internet access). Nothing is Scarier was in full effect, as I was on edge the entire time. And when I finally did find her... yeah, I was creeped out. Yeah it's just a 2D image floating up and down that doesn't do anything, but I still find that gaping mouth so terrifying. And I hear that the XB1 version adds screams. Oooh yeah, I am definitely going on another ghost hunt at some point.

I completely understand why you felt this way. With no Internet connection, you're practically walking into the unknown. You didn't know whether she was going to spawn right in front of you, or if she was going to play games with you, hiding in the bushes when you turn around, etc.

To be honest, that is kind of what I was expecting, as it would give more depth to the Easter egg and the character as a whole. A 2D graphic with rotating leaves at the base is still mesmerizing though. Especially with that face.

You're going to want to take a visit to the camp site at the base of the mountain. Her screams can't be heard anywhere else. I still haven't checked it out, myself.

• BenMitchell90 likes this

BLADE_San_Andreas
  • BLADE_San_Andreas

ok

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:51 PM

Don't know, maybe that ranch Trevor burns down, it's kinda scary at night, there are also hoax videos like there are some baby sounds but it's mostly fake if not all

• scorpioxdragon likes this

BenMitchell90
  • BenMitchell90

Humans find such fascinating ways to waste their time

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:44 AM

@ DylRicho

Thanks for the info! And I don't think I was anywhere in particular to trigger the orca cries. If I'm not mistaken though, I was near the airport/docks. It's probably completely random. Happy orca hunting :)

• DylRicho likes this

JakeRS
  • JakeRS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by JakeRS, 4 weeks ago.

I (re)discovered the maintenance tunnels, I think that they appear in a mission or two, but I completely forgot about them. I decided to walk through it and it was kinda creepy even though it was during day, they are way longer than I expected. It's probably scarier during night, I hate even driving in the countryside during night. Also, if you enter in the east entrance (marked as 2 here https://vignette.wik...=20160107222212) , if you go  a little in, you'll find some gray ladders on the walls left and right and somewhere there you'll hear a beating noise of some sort, you can climb those ladders, but there's nothing really there. I also tried to move all around with headphones to discover where the beating noise comes from, but I can't, it's probably a ambient sound thing, like how you have dog sounds in some games, even though there are no dogs in those games.

BlueRoseGirl_xx
  • BlueRoseGirl_xx

BlueRoseGirl_xx

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 2 weeks ago

I haven't been there (as I have no idea where it is) but on haloween PS4 people were clown hunting in this long mining looking tunnel... it's really dark and you need the light on your gun to see lol... if anyone could link that'll be dope thanks

AlbanyEsperanto
  • AlbanyEsperanto

Esperanto the car, not Espantoso Radio from Vice City

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

For me Sewers under the LS are creepy. (somehow)

Domac
  • Domac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago

The damn ocean, I was able to go deep down under and that place is eerie

scorpioxdragon
  • scorpioxdragon

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by scorpioxdragon, 6 days ago.

Don't know, maybe that ranch Trevor burns down, it's kinda scary at night, there are also hoax videos like there are some baby sounds but it's mostly fake if not all

Yup, good call. I'd imagine the altruist camp, after Trevor clears it, would be pretty creepy at night as well.

I also REALLY don't like being in the lighthouse area at night.

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 6 days ago

A MrBossFTW lobby.

MichaelMiller53
  • MichaelMiller53

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Definitely under water. I always get the feeling like I need to hold my breath.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

The Prison counts when you're not getting shot by the C.Os or the inmates don't go apesh*t over your presence, all of this because without the constant sound of the alarms and whatever jack ass is speaking on the intercom you can clearly hear some pretty disturbing screams, mostly female. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users