• This topic is locked This topic is locked
205 replies to this topic
rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

20 bucks this OP will be the first one to download it.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Any of you who are in here spouting insults about "entitled children" or "It is free, why are you complaining?" are entirely missing the point. I will say again, we were promised heists, buying and selling real estate, and a stock market at release. We paid for something that was delivered without promised features. Now instead of implementing those features, we are being given a silly little DLC that they have been spending all their time working on while they have gone completely silent on the stock marke and buying and selling real estate. And Heists are coming "Somewhere down the line".

If you take a very narrow minded view, yes, it is free and yes we should not complain. If you are capable of thinking and analyzing the situation on a larger scale, you should see why people have the attitude they do towards this DLC.

Be aware!! People don't like different opinions in this thread! They'll probably want you to commit suicide.

• theadmiral likes this

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

This is a huge letdown. What a lame DLC! A broken bottle?! Who came up with that? It'd be cool if they put more weapons in but, since it is only two I'm pretty pissed one of them is a bottle. More importantly, why the hell is the release taking so long if there's so little content?

tumblr_msr6wrcGq31rof9zio1_250.gif

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

This is a huge letdown. What a lame DLC! A broken bottle?! Who came up with that? It'd be cool if they put more weapons in but, since it is only two I'm pretty pissed one of them is a bottle. More importantly, why the hell is the release taking so long if there's so little content?

tumblr_msr6wrcGq31rof9zio1_250.gif

Yeah that's true bro

Shellfish
  • Shellfish

COYI

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:34 PM Edited by Shellfish, 14 November 2013 - 12:34 PM.

This free DLC wouldve been out 2 or 3 weeks ago if it weren't for the glitchers. You only have yourselves to blame we'd probably had heists by now.

Xbox One next friday. yippee. :panic:

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

This free DLC wouldve been out 2 or 3 weeks ago if it weren't for the glitchers. You only have yourselves to blame we'd probably had heists by now.

Heists were supposed to be in at release, how could glitchers be responsible?

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

Unless the new pistol was the Desert Eagle for everyone instead of special players, I don't care much about the weapons.

As for the vehicles, I was hoping for a few off-theme general vehicles like the Dukes coming back but NOPE.

It's free though, so unless it takes 2 hours to download I'm gonna be getting it.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

Ok why does everyone keep saying it's free?  Nothing in life is free. As if Rockstar isn't making MILLIONS from selling in-game currency. Someone else paying for your dlc doesn't make it free...

Whatever, I guess it's true that you shouldn't try to challenge someone's belief system. 

EXACTLY

I'm struggling to see why you're saying 'EXACTLY'.

You seem to have glitched your in game money for free, you will be receiving DLC for free and yet you still moan.

It seems you're getting more free things than most.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

Ok why does everyone keep saying it's free?  Nothing in life is free. As if Rockstar isn't making MILLIONS from selling in-game currency. Someone else paying for your dlc doesn't make it free...

Whatever, I guess it's true that you shouldn't try to challenge someone's belief system. 

EXACTLY

You seem to have glitched your in game money for free, you will be receiving DLC for free and yet you still moan.

Of course I want more for free. It feels good so I can save my money to buy some beer on the weekend.

But please, don't tell me to kill myself.

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:44 PM Edited by GrandTheftBatman, 14 November 2013 - 12:45 PM.

The game was free, does that mean we can't complain about GTA:O? Even if it's free, I expect a quality product. If it's a free Ferrari, do I expect it to be fast and have a quality engine? Yes, because it's a Ferrari, even it's free. Similarly, you expect a Grand Theft Auto MMO to be fun, thorough, and filled with content. And to the people that say it's lack of price is an excuse, where did you buy your premium copies? Oh, you got  it for free like everyone else. It's a product given to a mass amount of people and as such it is obligated to restrict itself to a quality equaling its distribution.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

EXACTLY

Of course I want more for free. It feels good so I can save my money to buy some beer on the weekend.

I've never suggested to anyone that they should kill themselves...just don't understand the 'I want, give me, give me, give me' attitude and then moan when you get it for nothing.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:49 PM Edited by theadmiral, 14 November 2013 - 12:49 PM.

I've never suggested to anyone that they should kill themselves...just don't understand the 'I want, give me, give me, give me' attitude and then moan when you get it for nothing.

What we want is what was promised in the release of the game, not a little piece of candy to shut our mouths and get us to ignore the very big features that have mysteriously been chopped from the game.

This is like Rockstar is sending us a piece of bacalao instead of giving us heists, stock market, real estate.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

What we want is what was promised in the release of the game, not a little piece of candy to shut our mouths and get us to ignore the very big features that have mysteriously been chopped from the game.

This is like Rockstar is sending us a piece of bacalao instead of giving us heists, stock market, real estate.

Yeah, they promised, they should deliver it.

Especially now that they're sitting on the $1,000,000,000

Tio-Patinhas.jpg

• Tayman likes this

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

But isn't this the first part of what was promised?  I believe there were some serious issues with people losing their characters on launch so surely delays are expected?

Most of the things you mentioned are supposed to be on the way possibly with the exception of the stock market until the glitching is solved so whats the big deal.  They've said its coming so give them a chance.

If they fail to deliver anything by the New Year then I'll probably start to agree with you but give them a chance first...

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

All I can do is facepalm after reading this thread.  Holy sh*t

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:58 PM Edited by SOHC_VTEC, 14 November 2013 - 12:59 PM.

Omg I been wanting new sandals for the longest....you know us Asians, flip flops/sandals and socks! And that pistol looks nice, discreet. If you don't like it, don't use it Pretty simple

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

I think maybe I'll just stick to hanging out in the BF Surfer thread, simply because it's not filled with all the crazy amounts of ignorance and misdirected angst.

Now I just have to figure out which car to ditch so I can chill out with some real people.

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Tio-Patinhas.jpg

Hey...When you grow up and get a taste of the 'real world', you'll realize that life is full of disappointments. Get over it.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:12 PM Edited by gnad, 14 November 2013 - 01:12 PM.

But isn't this the first part of what was promised?  I believe there were some serious issues with people losing their characters on launch so surely delays are expected?

Most of the things you mentioned are supposed to be on the way possibly with the exception of the stock market until the glitching is solved so whats the big deal.  They've said its coming so give them a chance.

If they fail to deliver anything by the New Year then I'll probably start to agree with you but give them a chance first...

Hey mate.. you're mad at glitching? What about the billion dollar hackers setting billionaire bounties?

Tio-Patinhas.jpg

Hey...When you grow up and get a taste of the 'real world', you'll realize that life is full of disappointments. Get over it.

Ok. Maybe next year, cause I'll be 22 then. 

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

I'm still doubting IGN.

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

EXACTLY

I won't tell you that, but I will tell you to zip it.

Tacoburgher327
  • Tacoburgher327

Dr. Toboggan

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Im let down by a pack that isn't even available yet...

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Tio-Patinhas.jpg

You're right, and Apple should start giving their products away for nothing. I mean, f*ck sake, they can afford it.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hey mate.. you're mad at glitching? What about the billion dollar hackers setting billionaire bounties?

I can't say I'm fond of the glitchers or those setting billionaire bounties (just glitchers trying to get rid of their money in fear of a ban).

But that was not what I was saying in response theadmiral when I mentioned glitchers.  A stock market can't function when there are people who have an inexhaustible supply of money.

Until the glitching issue is resolved then we won't have a stock market which is a shame as the stock market would have been fun.

ChromeAdder
  • ChromeAdder

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Interesting thread is interesting

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

I can't say I'm fond of the glitchers or those setting billionaire bounties (just glitchers trying to get rid of their money in fear of a ban).

But that was not what I was saying in response theadmiral when I mentioned glitchers.  A stock market can't function when there are people who have an inexhaustible supply of money.

Until the glitching issue is resolved then we won't have a stock market which is a shame as the stock market would have been fun.

But that way, they'll never release it.. because they can fix the glitches, but they're not able to reset the money (they already said it)

And the hackers will always be there, no matter what..

ChromeAdder
  • ChromeAdder

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Rockstar failed hard on this
And the fan boys will give them money
  • gnad likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Sure, but it's free for YOU.

You do not have to pay anything extra to be able to use the BeachBum contents.

That's what Free means in this context.

If nobody even purchased the game, they wouldn't even be able to afford neither monetary means nor time/energy to make additional content.

Of course nothing is totally free in the world, we are constantly paying time, energy, sweat, tears etc to keep going on, but that's another thing.

If someone gives you a free bag of sh*t, do you accept it with a smile on your face?  lol

I'm just tired of the current gamer culture that accepts bags of sh*t from companies with a smile on their face. 

There is always an excuse.

If we were paying a monthly fee, the excuse would be: "The game just came out.  Give it time."

If the DLC is buggy as expected the excuse would be: "Why don't YOU try to make a game like this.  Instead of complaining blah blah"

Then you have, "Glitchers are the reason new content isn't coming out!" No the lack of a proper beta test prior to release is.

*sigh*

They are not excuses, but explanations.

You can bet your hiney on that if we didn't have the cloud-server problems we had the first weeks combined with all the problems with the glitchers, we would have more content released by now.

But first things first, stabilization of the game always comes first and is first priority before adding extra content.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

But that way, they'll never release it.. because they can fix the glitches, but they're not able to reset the money (they already said it)

And the hackers will always be there, no matter what..

I've not seen the message from R* about not being able to reset the money but if that's the case then it's a shame as a stock market would have been a great addition to the game.

I can only hope they might be able to do something with the extreme cases glitching and reset their money on a case by case basis to make implementation possible.  But now I'm purely speculating so will wait and see.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Heists were supposed to be in at release, how could glitchers be responsible?

Exactly. It's also R*'s responsibility to fix those glitches which they have ignored for over a month now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users