Beach Bum Pack Let Down

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
205 replies to this topic
Adamsy
  • Adamsy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

This is probably one of MANY DLC's that will be released for this game. It's been out for a little over a month, You people need to chill the f*ck out.

so true.

These people would even complain if there wasn't any DLC. Cos you just can't please some assholes out there.

R* fanboys still exist?

no its just a statement of fact for any and all types of games. You can't please everyone.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Anyone else feel let down by the info that IGN released about the contents of this new addition? I don't care if it's free. Actually, I would rather of PAID EXTRA for BETTER things..

no new missions just stupid jobs,extra races, and parachute jumps..

few new vehicles include a friggin camper? a new boat? (that no one will use) and a dune buggy? wtf

the 2 new weapons being ANOTHER pistol and a friggin broken bottle? wtf were these the most creative things they could think of??

Whoever decided the "theme" of this new DLC was an idiot.

The only thing to look forward to is new clothes, and It would not surprise me to see 150 different coloured swim trunks...

fail R*

lol you get what you pay for

ChromeAdder
  • ChromeAdder

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Lol fanboys stop crying
The game will be dead by then.
How much % of players dropped after release?

Think about it

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:42 AM Edited by gnad, 14 November 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Agree with op.
2 f*cking weapons. A f*cking bottle. A f*cking pistol. Who the f*ck even use pistols? Level 5 players maybe.
Well done cockstar.

To a pussy ass glitcher nothing will ever be good enough.

Sorry gonad, but your a sorry excuse for anything. Your posts, thoughts and ideas are worthless wastes of good English letters and forum space. Everytime I or anyone see your posts we all lose a little more hope in humanity.

I hope this makes you rage a lot. I hope you post some more glitch entitled bullsh*t. I hope you feel proud of what you say, cuz in reality its just sad.

Also, if that's actually you in your avatar...please do the world a favor and get killed. Nuff said.

Thanks for your love letter, Mr. Internet Gaaangsta! It's so sweet! :)

I've checked your posts, and you got some badass comments! I'm afraid of you.

And I don't have to glitch anymore, a hacker sent me 2 bill :D

And yeah, that's me in the pic. I don't hide behind a Vice City pic.

See ya mate!

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

Never was or will be excited about this DLC, as I just wish they would focus on delivering the gameplay features that were promised like heists etc rather than giving us some lame Hawaiian type shirts 

Enough with the f*cking heists already. My god. I understand that people are excited about it, but it's starting to come across like all those PC gamers who have been posting "PC PC PC OMG RELEASE THIS FOR PC ROCKSTAR OR I WILL KILL YOU" for the past year.

Just settle down, kids. The heists aren't coming quite yet. Go kiss a girl or get shoved into a locker ... your choice.

... You're saying if I don't kiss a girl then you're gonna shove me into a locker...? Thats uhm...

Anyway!

Don't care how its coming across! You're saying you're having a hard time/ get annoyed that people want a feature that was supposed to, and was advertised, be able since launch? You're honestly having a hard time understanding why people are excited to see things added in that will actually affect gameplay etc? I'm not sure how old you're attempting to come across since one second you're in one second calling us kids and the next saying youre gonna force someone into a locker if they dont kiss a girl... So I have no title for you to match you saying kids

I think the general frustration is more so that people would rather see gameplay improvement and features added rather than little fluff like new clothes and two weapons added. I think it just makes people wonder whats being worked on at R* if it takes them this long to release a few new clothes etc

Cheers!

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

Agree with op.

2 f*cking weapons. A f*cking bottle. A f*cking pistol. Who the f*ck even use pistols? Level 5 players maybe.

Well done cockstar.

Level 67 here and I use a pistol all the time even though I have a SMG and an Assault rifle.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

How dare R* give us things for free that isn't a compete overhaul of the game improving every aspect of it.  You utter b*stards R*.  <shakes fist>

Seriously guys, quit the whining and moaning.  Be grateful they are actually doing this as many companies wouldn't...looking at you EA!!!

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

How dare R* give us things for free that isn't a compete overhaul of the game improving every aspect of it.  You utter b*stards R*.  <shakes fist>

Seriously guys, quit the whining and moaning.  Be grateful they are actually doing this as many companies wouldn't...looking at you EA!!!

STFU white knight.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

STFU white knight.

How eloquent of you.

ChromeAdder
  • ChromeAdder

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Lmaao

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:12 AM Edited by Relax_and_Get_High, 14 November 2013 - 10:17 AM.

So.... You guys catch the Knicks game?

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:16 AM Edited by Str1p3s, 14 November 2013 - 10:22 AM.

I like how people think that companies have a single team that works on everything, instead of having different teams work on different projects and facets of a game. It's not like they can just pull resources from one group and shove them at another group and be all "Please the masses!" Things just don't work that way.

By the way, I don't think the pack is going to be anything to scream about, but hey, it's free, so yeah.

pharo86
  • pharo86

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

What some people who say "quit bitching because it's free" don't get is that what the "whiners" are really bothered by is not really the DLC itself. It's more disappointment in R*'s seeming apathy toward GTAO; and this free DLC really shows it. Try to understand that there are A LOT of people who really want this game to be fantastic, really want it to succeed but are, thus far, just disappointed. A lot of people (like myself) see great potential for this game but are downright frustrated by the lack of it being realized in any concrete way.

And, after an incredibly rocky start, R* seems to have gotten a handle on the more pressing server-side issues and finally something other than fixing the game is coming. You know, something actually being added. And it's just fluff. The game will not in any way benefit from even MORE races and parachute jumps. ANOTHER pistol and a friggin bottle (seriously?) isn't going to exactly shake things up. Dune Buggy and a van? Meh. Beach clothes? Well I'll personally reserve judgement on them until I see what they actually are, but I will say more clothes isn't what this game needs at this point. It needs actual content, not filler. Like new (hopefully innovative and not uninspired variations of DM, racing and parachuting) game modes and activities. Especially since things like heists, bawsaq and content creator have STILL not been added which were promised since before the game launched.

It's not "entitled" or "childish" to want or even expect a game developer to not only deliver on what it hyped and promised, but to also act like they even care. Are they acting like they really care? What have they actually done with this game? Fixed server problems and nerfed - that's it! I don't know what you were sold on, but I heard it advertised as "a constantly updating and evolving world". Constantly? When's that going to happen in any way (and I'm not talking about updating sh*t that was broke when the game shipped)?

Oh, that's right. We should "be patient". Have some sandles and a broken bottle and smile about it while we wait ... and wait. Someday, maybe R* might do something possibly vaguely worthy of how they hyped and sold GTAO. Just "be patient". Because there is a buttload of proof so far that they even care to hang that hope on, right?

Maybe, just maybe, if the chorus of "be patient" would stop being sung and more joined in on the "we know you can do better and more than this, R*" choir, perhaps R* would listen and start doing something worth while.

Well said!!

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:24 AM Edited by prestonchan, 14 November 2013 - 10:26 AM.

what I think of is (ok I am a R* fan)

they may want to do this in a wrong way, where such kind of content are suppose to be "patch" for most online game.

they migh just want to make things updated and shows us they didnt give up GTAO after all that character lost damn thing. I think they can offer more, like unlock most NPC model in SP will be already a big hit to the online version

we all expect DLC will be something big like TLAD and BOGT we have in GTAIV era. but well....

am I disapointted with this "DLC" ? no I am not, as I dont need to pay for it, if I dont like those things they add, I just play the game as I never have them

but next time, just patch us....dont use the damn terms DLC pls.....

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

What some people who say "quit bitching because it's free" don't get is that what the "whiners" are really bothered by is not really the DLC itself. It's more disappointment in R*'s seeming apathy toward GTAO; and this free DLC really shows it. Try to understand that there are A LOT of people who really want this game to be fantastic, really want it to succeed but are, thus far, just disappointed. A lot of people (like myself) see great potential for this game but are downright frustrated by the lack of it being realized in any concrete way.

And, after an incredibly rocky start, R* seems to have gotten a handle on the more pressing server-side issues and finally something other than fixing the game is coming. You know, something actually being added. And it's just fluff. The game will not in any way benefit from even MORE races and parachute jumps. ANOTHER pistol and a friggin bottle (seriously?) isn't going to exactly shake things up. Dune Buggy and a van? Meh. Beach clothes? Well I'll personally reserve judgement on them until I see what they actually are, but I will say more clothes isn't what this game needs at this point. It needs actual content, not filler. Like new (hopefully innovative and not uninspired variations of DM, racing and parachuting) game modes and activities. Especially since things like heists, bawsaq and content creator have STILL not been added which were promised since before the game launched.

It's not "entitled" or "childish" to want or even expect a game developer to not only deliver on what it hyped and promised, but to also act like they even care. Are they acting like they really care? What have they actually done with this game? Fixed server problems and nerfed - that's it! I don't know what you were sold on, but I heard it advertised as "a constantly updating and evolving world". Constantly? When's that going to happen in any way (and I'm not talking about updating sh*t that was broke when the game shipped)?

Oh, that's right. We should "be patient". Have some sandles and a broken bottle and smile about it while we wait ... and wait. Someday, maybe R* might do something possibly vaguely worthy of how they hyped and sold GTAO. Just "be patient". Because there is a buttload of proof so far that they even care to hang that hope on, right?

Maybe, just maybe, if the chorus of "be patient" would stop being sung and more joined in on the "we know you can do better and more than this, R*" choir, perhaps R* would listen and start doing something worth while.

Finally someone gets it.

By the time GTAO launches heist , their wont even be a point to it, people will be filthy rich by just playing legit and doing races all day. f*ckING STUPID. 

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

Id rather pay $$$ for something worth while , then wait months for pure sh*t.

In fact id pay 20$ content creator and heist to be released at the end of this month. 

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

what I think of is (ok I am a R* fan)

they may want to do this in a wrong way, where such kind of content are suppose to be "patch" for most online game.

they migh just want to make things updated and shows us they didnt give up GTAO after all that character lost damn thing. I think they can offer more, like unlock most NPC model in SP will be already a big hit to the online version

we all expect DLC will be something big like TLAD and BOGT we have in GTAIV era. but well....

am I disapointted with this "DLC" ? no I am not, as I dont need to pay for it, if I dont like those things they add, I just play the game as I never have them

but next time, just patch us....dont use the damn terms DLC pls.....

Yeah, they shouldn't call this a DLC..

this is a small ass add-on, nothing more.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

It's called a DLC because that's what it is, Downloadable Content.

Expansion on the other hand, would be something else to be expected.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Ok why does everyone keep saying it's free?  Nothing in life is free. As if Rockstar isn't making MILLIONS from selling in-game currency. Someone else paying for your dlc doesn't make it free...

Whatever, I guess it's true that you shouldn't try to challenge someone's belief system. 

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Id rather pay $$$ for something worth while , then wait months for pure sh*t.

In fact id pay 20$ content creator and heist to be released at the end of this month. 

QFT

You know what's really sad?  Give me the option to buy another 10 car garage and THAT along would sh*t on this DLC.  heh

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Ok why does everyone keep saying it's free?  Nothing in life is free. As if Rockstar isn't making MILLIONS from selling in-game currency. Someone else paying for your dlc doesn't make it free...

Whatever, I guess it's true that you shouldn't try to challenge someone's belief system. 

EXACTLY

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:15 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 14 November 2013 - 11:16 AM.

Sure, but it's free for YOU.

You do not have to pay anything extra to be able to use the BeachBum contents.

That's what Free means in this context.

If nobody even purchased the game, they wouldn't even be able to afford neither monetary means nor time/energy to make additional content.

Of course nothing is totally free in the world, we are constantly paying time, energy, sweat, tears etc to keep going on, but that's another thing.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

If nobody even purchased the game, they wouldn't even be able to afford neither monetary means nor time/energy to make additional content.

Of course nothing is totally free in the world, we are constantly paying time, energy, sweat, tears etc to keep going on, but that's another thing.

If someone gives you a free bag of sh*t, do you accept it with a smile on your face?  lol

I'm just tired of the current gamer culture that accepts bags of sh*t from companies with a smile on their face. 

There is always an excuse.

If we were paying a monthly fee, the excuse would be: "The game just came out.  Give it time."

If the DLC is buggy as expected the excuse would be: "Why don't YOU try to make a game like this.  Instead of complaining blah blah"

Then you have, "Glitchers are the reason new content isn't coming out!" No the lack of a proper beta test prior to release is.

*sigh*

• gnad likes this

GrandTheftBETA
  • GrandTheftBETA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

Looks boring.

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

The ultimate shape of GTA Online will be determined as much by you, the player, as by the work we put in. What you like and don’t like, what you play and what you want will determine how the game develops and what it turns into.

Pretty sure no-one asked for a couple of sh*t weapons and vehicles R*...

Who the f*ck even spends their time in Freemode at the beach ?

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

Seriously, if never seen so much bitching and crying over free stuff. You know what it's like? It's like being at a birthday party, and then you complain because you didn't like the cake, and demanding something else.

FFS.

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Seriously, if never seen so much bitching and crying over free stuff. You know what it's like? It's like being at a birthday party, and then you complain because you didn't like the cake, and demanding something else.

FFS.

That analogy only works if you were promised chocolate cake and you were given plain sponge.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

The ultimate shape of GTA Online will be determined as much by you, the player, as by the work we put in. What you like and don’t like, what you play and what you want will determine how the game develops and what it turns into.

Pretty sure no-one asked for a couple of sh*t weapons and vehicles R*...

Who the f*ck even spends their time in Freemode at the beach ?

not the beach, I mean not JUST the beach, I roam everywhere....

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

If someone gives you a free bag of sh*t, do you accept it with a smile on your face?  lol

I'm just tired of the current gamer culture that accepts bags of sh*t from companies with a smile on their face. 

There is always an excuse.

If we were paying a monthly fee, the excuse would be: "The game just came out.  Give it time."

If the DLC is buggy as expected the excuse would be: "Why don't YOU try to make a game like this.  Instead of complaining blah blah"

Then you have, "Glitchers are the reason new content isn't coming out!" No the lack of a proper beta test prior to release is.

*sigh*

That's the truth

Some internet gangsters keep threatening me because I've glitched LSC.

You can see by this topic. The guy wants me to commit suicide, because of my posts and cause I glitched.

Why the f*ck he keeps stalking me then? Lmao. 

These kind of people couldn't stand a real life fight, so I say to him come at me bruh!

come-at-me-bro-o.gif

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Any of you who are in here spouting insults about "entitled children" or "It is free, why are you complaining?" are entirely missing the point. I will say again, we were promised heists, buying and selling real estate, and a stock market at release. We paid for something that was delivered without promised features. Now instead of implementing those features, we are being given a silly little DLC that they have been spending all their time working on while they have gone completely silent on the stock marke and buying and selling real estate. And Heists are coming "Somewhere down the line".

If you take a very narrow minded view, yes, it is free and yes we should not complain. If you are capable of thinking and analyzing the situation on a larger scale, you should see why people have the attitude they do towards this DLC.

• Scumbaggah likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users