Beach Bum Pack Let Down

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
205 replies to this topic
.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

The Beach Bum Pack is a letdown?  So you got to play GTAO with the Beach Bum Content installed?  You tried out the vehicles and the new weapons and everything?  Oh wait, you DIDN'T but you're just going to say that the FREE content (that ISN'T EVEN OUT YET) is a let down anyways? 

Wait until the content is actually released and test it yourself before saying anything.

• Zonnex likes this

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

ah.. the idiocy of the gta forums strikes again.
what a surprise it attracts the usual anime attention seeking weeaboo's that just agree with haters to get one or two likes.

Who the f*ck complains about getting something for free? Rockstar doesnt owe YOU anything, YOU are not paying for it, you have no right to bitch about it, just as you have no right to bitch about service on this forum.
Rockstar could just easily say "f*ck y'all" and shut down the servers.

Of course, the people that "dont care" will post complain topics.

• Zonnex likes this

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

Rockstar has said "f*ck y'all" already.

They call it "Beach Bum Pack".

• Scumbaggah likes this

tylerdaly3b
  • tylerdaly3b

Road Captain

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

I can't wait for the new truck/buggy... and the pistol better out-do the AP... But I'm a little sad cause... my garage is full.. and free vehicles sound so enticing... but I don't know what cars I'd like to get rid of :( 

• Hugef1 likes this

Dillinger83
  • Dillinger83

boosted h22

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:06 AM

Yeah I cant wait for the dune buggy and the broken bottle. f*ck yeah ! Screw you complaining 12 year olds

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

Not disappointed....just couldn't give a sh*t about anything dealing with the beach.....guess it's a waiting game for everybody else.

• abfirstr8 likes this

DCxMoneyxMurdaz
  • DCxMoneyxMurdaz

TrapGod Capo C3L3BRiTy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

Agree with op.

2 f*cking weapons. A f*cking bottle. A f*cking pistol. Who the f*ck even use pistols? Level 5 players maybe.

Well done cockstar.

AP PISTOL ALL MUTHAf*ckIN DAY

• Zonnex likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

One of the new vehicles is a boat. A boat!
We will never use that boat more than one time.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:49 AM Edited by Pitch~Black, 14 November 2013 - 06:52 AM.

What some people who say "quit bitching because it's free" don't get is that what the "whiners" are really bothered by is not really the DLC itself. It's more disappointment in R*'s seeming apathy toward GTAO; and this free DLC really shows it. Try to understand that there are A LOT of people who really want this game to be fantastic, really want it to succeed but are, thus far, just disappointed. A lot of people (like myself) see great potential for this game but are downright frustrated by the lack of it being realized in any concrete way.

And, after an incredibly rocky start, R* seems to have gotten a handle on the more pressing server-side issues and finally something other than fixing the game is coming. You know, something actually being added. And it's just fluff. The game will not in any way benefit from even MORE races and parachute jumps. ANOTHER pistol and a friggin bottle (seriously?) isn't going to exactly shake things up. Dune Buggy and a van? Meh. Beach clothes? Well I'll personally reserve judgement on them until I see what they actually are, but I will say more clothes isn't what this game needs at this point. It needs actual content, not filler. Like new (hopefully innovative and not uninspired variations of DM, racing and parachuting) game modes and activities. Especially since things like heists, bawsaq and content creator have STILL not been added which were promised since before the game launched.

It's not "entitled" or "childish" to want or even expect a game developer to not only deliver on what it hyped and promised, but to also act like they even care. Are they acting like they really care? What have they actually done with this game? Fixed server problems and nerfed - that's it! I don't know what you were sold on, but I heard it advertised as "a constantly updating and evolving world". Constantly? When's that going to happen in any way (and I'm not talking about updating sh*t that was broke when the game shipped)?

Oh, that's right. We should "be patient". Have some sandles and a broken bottle and smile about it while we wait ... and wait. Someday, maybe R* might do something possibly vaguely worthy of how they hyped and sold GTAO. Just "be patient". Because there is a buttload of proof so far that they even care to hang that hope on, right?

Maybe, just maybe, if the chorus of "be patient" would stop being sung and more joined in on the "we know you can do better and more than this, R*" choir, perhaps R* would listen and start doing something worth while.

HarryAngler
  • HarryAngler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

I wish they would have given us water sports with the bum pack. Like surfing, wake boarding, wind surfing, kite surfing and so on. I would have payed for that. But ill take whatever for free.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:16 AM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 14 November 2013 - 07:18 AM.

Here's how Rockstar must feel about the whiners:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5K-uwYdfZSg

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

I'm hoping this off-road truck and dune buggy are both 4x4 and customizable to dirty Rebel levels. 

This stuff is free...so if I like it, then good for me, if I don't then I didn't lose anything.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

This is probably one of MANY DLC's that will be suck ass for this game. It's been out for a little over a month, You people need to chill the f*ck out.

• Zonnex likes this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

Here's how Rockstar must feel about the whiners:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5K-uwYdfZSg

nope this is how they really feel about this whole GTA:Online

ChromeAdder
  • ChromeAdder

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

This is the end

Big let down

Hootytooty
  • Hootytooty

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:03 AM Edited by Hootytooty, 14 November 2013 - 08:04 AM.

Dont know what else people were expecting.

They promise loads of DLC in the first couple months of release and yet all we will end up with that anyone will use is a buggy and a pistol.

And it's very obvious from their statements that the stuff people actually want (heists and a content creator), won't be available until well into 2014.

The game will be well and truly dead by then.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

If you want free excellent quality DLC go play a game by CD Projekt Red. 

Adamsy
  • Adamsy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

This is probably one of MANY DLC's that will be released for this game. It's been out for a little over a month, You people need to chill the f*ck out.

so true.

These people would even complain if there wasn't any DLC. Cos you just can't please some assholes out there.

• Zonnex likes this

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

This is probably one of MANY DLC's that will be released for this game. It's been out for a little over a month, You people need to chill the f*ck out.

so true.

These people would even complain if there wasn't any DLC. Cos you just can't please some assholes out there.

R* fanboys still exist?
  • CZuk likes this

Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Flies

Some are more equal than others

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

I don't understand Rockstar's tardiness with regards to GTA Online. They have a giant dev team and they seemed so committed to this game. Players are leaving in droves and there's no new content, weeks after new content was promised. Everyone was looking forward to new cars, clothes, tattoos and weapons, and now we find out the new vehicles and weapons are crap. I just really hope the new activities and cosmetic items are awesome as hell.

It's really disappointing that R* didn't make the ALREADY AVAILABLE molotovs a purchasable weapon, and add the long-standing GTA favourite, the flamethrower. I was hoping for bigger and better weapons to facilitate even more destruction, not a micro pistol and a goddamn broken bottle.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

That's not the worst of it gang!

I hear they have white socks..with sandals!! Socks and sandals?? What am I, and 88 year old retiree in Florida?

Where is my top hat and cane R*??

I don't think you're from LA... around here, sandals with socks is a very popular combination with young men.

CZuk
  • CZuk

No.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

I'm hoping this off-road truck and dune buggy are both 4x4 and customizable to dirty Rebel levels. 

This stuff is free...so if I like it, then good for me, if I don't then I didn't lose anything.

Lel, as much as I hope that they are customizable, I'm not entirely sure

According to rockstar, they're all free from Pegasus, to all players.
No current Pegasus vehicle can be stored in your garage without glitching.....sooo, maybe these won't be able to either?

I hope you can customize them and store them, I'm just saying....there's a chance that it might be like this

BurnCK
  • BurnCK

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:14 AM

If that's true it's going to be an even bigger let down than the launch.

No-one I know does Parachuting, no-one is going to buy a Camper and stick it in their garage, no-one uses pistols, no-one is going to use a broken bottle ever, etc, etc.

What makes it worse is how long we've had to wait for it. If that's the best they can do in almost 2 months then I think we'll be waiting 5 times as long for heists.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

Lel, as much as I hope that they are customizable, I'm not entirely sure

According to rockstar, they're all free from Pegasus, to all players.
No current Pegasus vehicle can be stored in your garage without glitching.....sooo, maybe these won't be able to either?

I hope you can customize them and store them, I'm just saying....there's a chance that it might be like this

I think pegasus was exclusively for the Speeder, but the wording of things can make it go both ways.

If the cars are Pegasus vehicles...I would throw tables...

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

Pointless DLC, just why bother. R* spend your time on being creative with missions and f*ck your flip flops.

THIS. FINALLY. SOMEONE GETS IT.

This DLC serves nothing more then a novelty to make us "feel better" about all the BS that is GTAO up till now.

If this was more then a few vehicles/weapons that were PROBABLY already in the game, but locked until R* chose to unlock, then I'd be more accepting.

But to me, it's a waste of R*'s true potential and a truly fabulous DLC experien

meme_cry_png_by_mfsyrcm-d58vqic.png

Bunch of cry babies. Pathetic.

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

I want that crazy mountain man beard that everybody puts on Trevor.  Why that's not in multiplayer is nuts.

ii pr0gr4d3 ii
  • ii pr0gr4d3 ii

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

Anyone else feel let down by the info that IGN released about the contents of this new addition? I don't care if it's free. Actually, I would rather of PAID EXTRA for BETTER things..

no new missions just stupid jobs,extra races, and parachute jumps..

few new vehicles include a friggin camper? a new boat? (that no one will use) and a dune buggy? wtf

the 2 new weapons being ANOTHER pistol and a friggin broken bottle? wtf were these the most creative things they could think of??

Whoever decided the "theme" of this new DLC was an idiot.

The only thing to look forward to is new clothes, and It would not surprise me to see 150 different coloured swim trunks...

fail R*

Wow what a let down. I hope the new pistol is similar to the ap pistol...might make it a little better and the dune buggy might be kind of sick depending on ammount of modifications... Overall a big fu#%*ng fail...

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Agree with op.
2 f*cking weapons. A f*cking bottle. A f*cking pistol. Who the f*ck even use pistols? Level 5 players maybe.
Well done cockstar.

Agree 100% no one uses the baseball bat so I know the bottle is a waste of space.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:32 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 14 November 2013 - 09:49 AM.

Not sure what people were expecting? 

People talk about paying for Heists and whatnot in this thread.

From the September-article

http://www.rockstarg...t_mc_body&app=n

Currently Planned GTA Online Content Updates:
Here is a quick overview of a few initial things we’re working on for the first few weeks of Grand Theft Auto Online, alongside an aggressive period of tuning and finessing the game. We will give you dates for all of this content as soon as we have them – bear in mind that the order of things may well change, and we will probably add some extra stuff as well!

• The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.

• The Beach Bum Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.

• Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.

• Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.

Just to be clear, all of these updates will be free.

Darkly-X
  • Darkly-X

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

I don't see why everyone is complaining...

I'm so gonna shank someone with that broken bottle and cap some newbs with that pistol if

it's any good stat wise. Hope the clothing/hairstyles are decent.

Also Guys QQ more HA!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users