Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

top thread :r*:

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

Awesome - thanks OP - just tested this out with some rooftop sniping - my shot-to-kill ratio was delightfully improved - even got a moving driver for the first time ever.  :lol:

By the way, my opinion is this isn't so much a glitch as an understanding of how the physics work under the rules of the game - but knowing how it works doesn't mean you don't have to actually make the very long shot yourself - and it makes no real difference when sniping someone in a regular car - the window wasn't going to stop the bullet anyway.

No, the only way this is an exploit is when it's used against tanks as the otherwise-virtually-impregnable armor is effectively non-existent. But I have no problem with that because f*ck tanks

• Omnifarious likes this

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by ClippedWings, 14 November 2013 - 08:58 PM.

I got owned in my tank like this once, didn't understand wtf happened at all at the time..

The problem is, how do you snipe someone out of the tank if the tank is constantly on the move and you have all kinds of obstructions in your way like other buildings? From reading this you have to always be on some kind of roof top and quite a distance away, it's just too easy for the tank to just move out of your sight..

I honestly prefer to just bring out my tank and blow the other one up, much faster and easier.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

thanks for the explanation!  The tank deserved an equalizer and this seems to be it!

vrrpxx.jpg

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

I am great at sniping tanks. It makes no sense that you can do it, considering they're in a fuggin tank. But yeah I just get on a building and boom, boom, bang yo. So you really aren't safe anywhere... I just wondered why it was always so easy. Now I know

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

I am great at sniping tanks. It makes no sense that you can do it, considering they're in a fuggin tank. But yeah I just get on a building and boom, boom, bang yo. So you really aren't safe anywhere... I just wondered why it was always so easy. Now I know

fcb315e9b3cdc3557fb52977263288c9d73b7045

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

I honestly prefer to just bring out my tank and blow the other one up, much faster and easier.

RE: Pieces of garbage with insured tanks.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

You honestly don't even have to be far away at all. I've sniped people out of tanks from ground level from a block away. Hid my blip then drove up to the tank killed the guy as he spawned then got in his tank and received hate mail and hackusations. Then used his tank to help people get away from cops.

You can really snipe people out of tanks like its nothing. I really hope that this isn't a design flaw and that it wont be fixed. Tank noobs need to die just like everyone else. 

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

I do wonder if this is a mistake by Rockstar or did they know about it before release..

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

Just added a small edit pertaining to the rear back vent being a weak point. It seems you don't even need to be far away, merely sneaky enough to get behind the tank, and pop him from behind! I haven't tested out the normal sniper rifle, but the heavy sniper most definitely can shoot through the rear vent into the operator's cabin.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

Rest assured... they knew. Because of the heavy sniper, whether or not the trolls want to admit it, the game IS balanced.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

Awesome, will try asap.

Rwande
  • Rwande

psychopath

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:46 AM Edited by Rwande, 15 November 2013 - 05:47 AM.

Such an excellent topic. More people need to know how to take these people out as fustration is building in everybody who got in the way of some of these rampage idiots.

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

So is this only for auto aim servers? I ask because I tested this out the other day after reading this thread and was unable to get these kills easily at all. Even with targets sitting still at a large distance across the map in a landed heli on a roof. I could see the health bar. I fired many times and a clip or more all missed. I did hit them eventually but it wasn't as easy as TC said. So is there a difference between the two aim modes? Or is this harder then you suggest and more practice is needed? Thanks for any info. Great thread OP.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

No difference I have done it in both

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

Any additional tips you can share? I am having a hard enough time with people in cars driving around. There was a tank in the session I was just in and I could see no name or life bar appear at all.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

Thanks. I wondered why it seemed so easy to snipe at extreme range!

ChristiaaaaaanxD
  • ChristiaaaaaanxD

Player Lover

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

Any additional tips you can share? I am having a hard enough time with people in cars driving around. There was a tank in the session I was just in and I could see no name or life bar appear at all.

You may not have enough distance on tank.

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

Thanks to my sniping skills, I keep a KD around 6.0. Can not tell you how many people I've shot from tanks, jets/helicopters and speeding cars. My favorite is when they are speeding and swerving around trying to get away and you get a perfect head shot from what seems impossible.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

not all players who glitch tank, riot, transporter are griefers, i only use them coz of the griefers 

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Thanks to my sniping skills, I keep a KD around 6.0. Can not tell you how many people I've shot from tanks, jets/helicopters and speeding cars. My favorite is when they are speeding and swerving around trying to get away and you get a perfect head shot from what seems impossible.

Can definitely vouch for those shots considering how many rooftops we have shared.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

Practice and lots of it. The health bar doesn't always appear so it will take a fair while to get used to where to aim.

All I can say is - stock up on ammo, get a heli, find a good rooftop and practice

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

See to me, that's not a hard-earned KD, so it's not a big deal, in my opinion.

Those aren't legit sniper kills.

Like it or not, this is an exploit, and this is coming from the girl with 25 million dollars and a Chrome Riot Van.

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Practice and lots of it. The health bar doesn't always appear so it will take a fair while to get used to where to aim.

All I can say is - stock up on ammo, get a heli, find a good rooftop and practice

Thanks, That is what I have been doing and it is a blast. Do I maybe aim for the center f the health bar or down a tad, up a tad? Ah, I am going to just practice. Some of the fun will be finding out for myself I think. Thanks for the tips guys.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:36 AM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 15 November 2013 - 10:39 AM.

Like it or not, this is an exploit, and this is coming from the girl with 25 million dollars and a Chrome Riot Van.

Really? You are saying the skill of lining up a kill shot at distance on a moving target isn't a legit sniper kill?

You are a moron.

prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by prodigy_hades, 15 November 2013 - 03:44 PM.

The trick to a mile + shot, is simply looking for the health bar. Even though they're out of render distance, (people stop rendering after something stupidly small like 100 meters away.) their car they're in will still render even a mile away, albeit, very glitchily in some cases. (low res textures, jumping around, etc) Your greatest friend here, is hitscan. Every gun in the game is hitscan, even your sniper rifle is hitscan. What does this mean you ask? It means that you don't have to take ANYTHING into account; not distance, not velocity, not even the wind, NOTHING. You fire, and it hits ...instantly.

The easiest way to sniper targets at long range, is to simply leave your cross-hairs at a location in front of your traveling target, and fire when they drive through your cross-hairs.

Now remember, if you can see the health bar, then you can hit them, doesn't matter if they have their back to you, or their side. Your bullet will bypass the WHOLE car/tank, and hit the player inside. (The health bar isn't required, but just helps you find where their body/head is inside the tank.)

For some reason, even though the player model doesn't render at that distance, their hit box still does. Where as the vehicle's model renders, but has no hit box. Rockstar logic, lol. Not to mention, it seems to be MUCH easier to hit people at long range, almost as if your bullet is as big as your cross-hair's dot in the center. (At longer ranges, the dot can take up the whole driver side window of a car.

I know this might sound crazy but
it looks like not only it will shoot through vehicles as their hit box isn't accounted for
but IT ALSO WENT THROUGH A BUILDING
I know this sounds crazy but I've recently snipe a tank who's hiding near the LSC (near Rockford hills, the usually crowded one)
the tank was actually behind the building and somehow when I estimate where the tank driver is (I can only see half of the tank) it shows the hp bar and names and so I tried to shoot and guess what ... it hit
it was really weird for me but I'd like to share this so maybe others can confirm this  :santa:

note: I was sniping above the Arcadius building which is roughly 0.35 ml

SkyMiteFall
  • SkyMiteFall

You a Busta

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Really? Lol..like a real legit "lol" to that one.

It's not an exploit, glitch, cheat, etc. it's how R* made the game. I've played a ton where all you do is aim at the persons name and shoot...red dead is a perfect example.
Do you think snipers back in the early 1900`s could accurately snipe from cross mountaintops? No...it wasnt a glitch tho it was just the game mechanics.

I've played games where you have to compensate for wind and distance, that would not be fun nor practical in a gta environment.

So Idk where you're getting this exploit talk from, you can't exploit the games mechanics especially when that's how they programmed the game.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

You know nada about sniping..........and everything about glitching so stick to what u know...........and enjoy your chrome riot van  bc one day you'll wake up when rockstar gets their act together,  and they'll patch out all those little cheat vehicles you and others own out of your garages.  Then this forum will be riddled with crybaby  posts.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Really? Lol..like a real legit "lol" to that one.

It's not an exploit, glitch, cheat, etc. it's how R* made the game. I've played a ton where all you do is aim at the persons name and shoot...red dead is a perfect example.
Do you think snipers back in the early 1900`s could accurately snipe from cross mountaintops? No...it wasnt a glitch tho it was just the game mechanics.

I've played games where you have to compensate for wind and distance, that would not be fun nor practical in a gta environment.

So Idk where you're getting this exploit talk from, you can't exploit the games mechanics especially when that's how they programmed the game.

Actually now a days if u employ a 20mm sniper weapon system such as  the Anzio Mag Fed  you'll have a good 3500-5000 yards (depending on atmospheric conditions altitude etc)  of tank annihilating-anti material fun...Even in WW2 they had the  Solothurn which was a deadly 20mm rifle the German snipers used. I said this the other night  I'm glad someone with a little weapons knowledge worked with Rockstar on this game  bc in a real world scenario your are not safe in a tank.. Even with todays armor a few rounds of High Incendiary Explosive from a .50 would decimate anyone inside a tank. There isn't much armor that can stop a 20mm Vulcan round either. Also a .50BMG  armor piercing round would eat though the glass of any so called real world Riot Van...On top of that a sniper is the least of an enemy tank operators problems  when u have lock on javelin missile systems that incinerate tanks.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

The trick to a mile + shot, is simply looking for the health bar. Even though they're out of render distance, (people stop rendering after something stupidly small like 100 meters away.) their car they're in will still render even a mile away, albeit, very glitchily in some cases. (low res textures, jumping around, etc) Your greatest friend here, is hitscan. Every gun in the game is hitscan, even your sniper rifle is hitscan. What does this mean you ask? It means that you don't have to take ANYTHING into account; not distance, not velocity, not even the wind, NOTHING. You fire, and it hits ...instantly.

The easiest way to sniper targets at long range, is to simply leave your cross-hairs at a location in front of your traveling target, and fire when they drive through your cross-hairs.

Now remember, if you can see the health bar, then you can hit them, doesn't matter if they have their back to you, or their side. Your bullet will bypass the WHOLE car/tank, and hit the player inside. (The health bar isn't required, but just helps you find where their body/head is inside the tank.)

For some reason, even though the player model doesn't render at that distance, their hit box still does. Where as the vehicle's model renders, but has no hit box. Rockstar logic, lol. Not to mention, it seems to be MUCH easier to hit people at long range, almost as if your bullet is as big as your cross-hair's dot in the center. (At longer ranges, the dot can take up the whole driver side window of a car.

I know this might sound crazy but
it looks like not only it will shoot through vehicles as their hit box isn't accounted for
but IT ALSO WENT THROUGH A BUILDING
I know this sounds crazy but I've recently snipe a tank who's hiding near the LSC (near Rockford hills, the usually crowded one)
the tank was actually behind the building and somehow when I estimate where the tank driver is (I can only see half of the tank) it shows the hp bar and names and so I tried to shoot and guess what ... it hit
it was really weird for me but I'd like to share this so maybe others can confirm this  :santa:

note: I was sniping above the Arcadius building which is roughly 0.35 ml

I've shot a few people from atop Arcadius as far as the highway over pass by the Weazel Plaza driveway 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users