You can feel the butthurt from the tank trollers in here!!!!
They're calling tank sniping a glitch now!
Also, about the people warning against firing too many shots with the heavy sniper against an insured tank for fear of blowing it up, here is the final icing on the cake tip...
ALWAYS PLACE BOUNTIES ON ANYBODY YOU SUSPECT OR CAN CONFIRM IS DRIVING AN INSURED TANK.
This way, if you happen to blow up his tank with the heavy sniper (I've done it before), he pays the insurance cost! A simple $1,000 bounty will always do the trick.
So, the trick to solving the insured tank-glitching troglodyte degenerate super loser can be summed up as follows:
1. Acquire heavy sniper rifle.
2. Acquire helicopter.
3. Fly to rooftop far away from tank.
4. Place bounty on tank driver.
5. Relentlessly fire heavy sniper rounds on tank/tank driver.
6. After tank driver has been killed, repeatedly snipe him as he attempts to enter tank.
7. If he enters tank again, replace bounty and repeat steps 1-6.
Also, remember that having friends/crew members to help distract him (triangulating sniper positions around the general tank driving area is clutch) helps make this easier.
And if you are stuck in a position in which you may be spawn killed, enter passive mode, quick join a mission or race, then quit and re-enter to escape the tank. Then proceed to nearest helicopter.
Tank sniping is not a glitch. Storing a tank in a garage is a glitch, you dirty rotten bum pieces of garbage.