The Art of Tank Sniping Explained

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
277 replies to this topic
aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

anyone using this is using a glitch also. obviously no hit box on the car is a glitch and abusing it means you are a glitcher as well. deal with it. I dont glitch tanks buzzards thats cheap. not my style my glitching hurts no one this obviously can be abused on normal PVs which does effect me.

heres what my glitching got me. http://gtaforums.com...ages/?mode=show

see a jet,tank,buzzard in there? didnt think so.

• Argonaut likes this

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

This is good for all the weepy pussy bitches on this forum.  If they had their way no one would have tanks or jets.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

Have 1173 Heavy Sniper kills, I estimate at least 1000 of them are PVP and 50% of those being tanks. That't what 30 days in bad sport does, plenty of tanks to shoot.

The rage coming through the mic after a tank snipe makes every kill worthwhile

The classic that's fkin bs wail coming from their mics lmao

• EyeMacHunt likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

Have 1173 Heavy Sniper kills, I estimate at least 1000 of them are PVP and 50% of those being tanks. That't what 30 days in bad sport does, plenty of tanks to shoot.

Even better when you keep aiming at the hatch and they keep trying to get in and you keep killing them. Today I had 3 people fighting over one tank and I just kept killing until they all gave up.

muahahahaha

willeyj
  • willeyj

54-46

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:59 AM Edited by willeyj, 14 November 2013 - 04:02 AM.

FYI from the top of the Majestic you have a prefect l.o.s. to the garage exit of the Eclipse if your into killing folks in their chrome adders. I personally just use it to get rid of tanks and don't mess with people in cars but I have tested it out a few times.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

Even better when you keep aiming at the hatch and they keep trying to get in and you keep killing them. Today I had 3 people fighting over one tank and I just kept killing until they all gave up.

muahahahaha

LOL  Buddy  check out Anzio Mag Fed 20mm Anti Tank Sniper Weapons System  this what peoplelike me and you need on top of the maze  bank building popping these kids at the windmill farm coming down the highway in their tanks.  I've seen this  weapon irl  almost 7 ft long

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by Omnifarious, 14 November 2013 - 04:02 AM.

anyone using this is using a glitch also. obviously no hit box on the car is a glitch and abusing it means you are a glitcher as well. deal with it. I dont glitch tanks buzzards thats cheap. not my style my glitching hurts no one this obviously can be abused on normal PVs which does effect me.

You know what my 'glitch' got me? A thankful lobby after the tank griefer left. Also, thanks for all the kind words folks, I wasn't too sure if I had written it right. I had a lot of info I wanted to share all at once, so hopefully I got it all in the right order lol.

• Crimson Flam3s and RooftopSniper like this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

I hate those idiot tank operating glitchers. Hunting tanks has been my sport for weeks now I've gotton close to  40 45 of them  they usually leave after the 3rd or 4th time u snipe them.  The .50 is great but in my  expert opinion  Rockstar  should add the Anzio 20mm Mag Fed Anti Tank Sniper Weapons system.  It looks just like a Barrett M82 except its  130lbs and  almost 7 ft long with a range of about 5000 yards this way u can snipe them from atop of the maze bank building as their passing the wind farm on the del pierro fwy . LOL

LOL, that'd be amazing to see. XD

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

You know what my 'glitch' got me? A thankful lobby after the tank griefer left. Also, thanks for all the kind words folks, I wasn't too sure if I had written it right. I had a lot of info I wanted to share all at once, so hopefully I got it all in the right order lol.

I've been commended twice in the lobby for getting rid of the tank griefer. 5% discount at all shops including LSC on top of the discount I got with the collectors  edition so not a bad deal.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

It's griefing a griefer.  Doesn't make you any better than them, just my opinion.  I understand you have good intentions but still, when there is a tank in MY lobby, I get a tank and blow him up because it's fair game.

Just Super Saiyan.

Gymrat727
  • Gymrat727

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

So you shot the health bar? Or shoot right below it

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

Aim for the cabin(front left), but shoot when the health bar comes up.

• RooftopSniper likes this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

Yep  that's the soft spot............also  sniping the tanks at street level don't work  as well  u need to be in an elevated position....Shooting the tank  at its rear will just waste  your rounds.....all trial and error

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

If his tank is glitch insured  make sure it aint smoking  and about to go on fire before u start shooting at it ......idk what the insurance payment would be on it  if u blew it up ......probably  aint cheap

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:43 AM Edited by giraffeboy, 14 November 2013 - 04:47 AM.

This is good for all the weepy pussy bitches on this forum.  If they had their way no one would have tanks or jets.

Got no problem with you having a tank, if you buy it and pay $1k each time for delivery, same with jets as long as you act like a man and steal it from the base every time. If they're glitched in your garage may everyone in the lobby grief the sh*t out of you

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by Omnifarious, 14 November 2013 - 04:48 AM.

Yep  that's the soft spot............also  sniping the tanks at street level don't work  as well  u need to be in an elevated position....Shooting the tank  at its rear will just waste  your rounds.....all trial and error

I killed a tank driver from the rear at street level, that's how I figured this glitch out. There was blood on the front left armor panel, (where you sit in the tank) from getting shot from behind. My round definitely went through the WHOLE tank. I was just firing at its weak rear armor to hopefully destroy it.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

n1b782.gif

And we have our first moron... you called it...

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

I killed a tank driver from the rear at street level, that's how I figured this glitch out. There was blood on the front left armor panel, (where you sit in the tank) from getting shot from behind. My round definitely went through the WHOLE tank. I was just firing at its weak rear armor to hopefully destroy it.

From the rear at street level you can shoot through the black vent on the back left of the tank. It's the only time I've killed from close range

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

From the rear at street level you can shoot through the black vent on the back left of the tank. It's the only time I've killed from close range

Ahhh, also good to note that one then, you can't always escape the tank to get to a roof.

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

It's griefing a griefer.  Doesn't make you any better than them, just my opinion.  I understand you have good intentions but still, when there is a tank in MY lobby, I get a tank and blow him up because it's fair game.

Just Super Saiyan.

Most people who bought tanks did so because they glitched ... and even those who didn't glitch only want to grief players. I doubt I would ever buy a tank, because driving one seems like the most boring thing to do in the game that I can think of and takes no skill to kill people at all.

Plus, isn't man vs. machine a much more exciting prospect?

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:13 AM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 14 November 2013 - 05:15 AM.

You can feel the butthurt from the tank trollers in here!!!!

They're calling tank sniping a glitch now!

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, about the people warning against firing too many shots with the heavy sniper against an insured tank for fear of blowing it up, here is the final icing on the cake tip...

ALWAYS PLACE BOUNTIES ON ANYBODY YOU SUSPECT OR CAN CONFIRM IS DRIVING AN INSURED TANK.

This way, if you happen to blow up his tank with the heavy sniper (I've done it before), he pays the insurance cost! A simple $1,000 bounty will always do the trick.

So, the trick to solving the insured tank-glitching troglodyte degenerate super loser can be summed up as follows:

1. Acquire heavy sniper rifle.

2. Acquire helicopter.

3. Fly to rooftop far away from tank.

4. Place bounty on tank driver.

5. Relentlessly fire heavy sniper rounds on tank/tank driver.

6. After tank driver has been killed, repeatedly snipe him as he attempts to enter tank.

7. If he enters tank again, replace bounty and repeat steps 1-6.

Also, remember that having friends/crew members to help distract him (triangulating sniper positions around the general tank driving area is clutch) helps make this easier.

And if you are stuck in a position in which you may be spawn killed, enter passive mode, quick join a mission or race, then quit and re-enter to escape the tank. Then proceed to nearest helicopter.

WIN.

Tank sniping is not a glitch. Storing a tank in a garage is a glitch, you dirty rotten bum pieces of garbage.

• SAVILLAIN, IH8PITT and vw11 like this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

Just Super Saiyan.

Most people who bought tanks did so because they glitched ... and even those who didn't glitch only want to grief players. I doubt I would ever buy a tank, because driving one seems like the most boring thing to do in the game that I can think of and takes no skill to kill people at all.

Plus, isn't man vs. machine a much more exciting prospect?

Tank is a waste of money if u ask me ...............I could find better things to spend it on when Rockstar finally adds more content in the future...........the only way I would buy any chopper  is if they added a helipad option on the apt buildings...............the fact  from what I hear u gotta pay 1000 just to have it delivered is ridiculous..........might as well have the drunken merryweather pilot come pick me up and ask me if I always wanted to be a psychopath lol...............atleast its a 1000 dollars worth of corny entertainment..........and I only used that option on a few missions  where the helicopter didn't  spawn at the Vespucci helipad....the fast roping option is pretty cool on the merryweather chopper  if u get him to drop at the right altitude  but that hit or miss  normally its just a quick fast low jump

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

And if rockstar isn't gonna patch all these misplaced vehicles in  glitcher garages..............they should ad an option at LSC where legit ppl can buy different grades of bulletproof glass for their cars........granted at certain levels.........grades of glass that  stop pistol and SMG fire........glass that stops bullets from an assault rifle.....realistic options......so we can be on the same playing field as all these mo mo's in their chrome  riot vans 

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

Great topic man, know we have a way to defend from cheaters even if it's not legal but whatever, the tank its too op. Last time my friend fired 3 rockets at it and in a moment of desperation i did what anyone would have done rigged my car with lots of c4s and suicide bombed myself against the tank. After the huge explosion, this mechanical beast came out from the fire and smoke and kept going and going.. it was like a scary movie.

IH8PITT
  • IH8PITT

Let's Go Mountaineers

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

Good post OP.

I've sniped players from long distances on top of the Maze Bank Building. That spot also gives you the perfect line of sight for the Alta Street apartments garage (which has a ridiculously long exit animation). It seems like people don't realize you can fly to the top of the MBB and chill out. When I get a bounty and fly up there, other players always circle the base of the building for a few minutes and then go elsewhere.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

Great topic man, know we have a way to defend from cheaters even if it's not legal but whatever, the tank its too op. Last time my friend fired 3 rockets at it and in a moment of desperation i did what anyone would have done rigged my car with lots of c4s and suicide bombed myself against the tank. After the huge explosion, this mechanical beast came out from the fire and smoke and kept going and going.. it was like a scary movie.

Its no glitch man its a realistic implement and im glad someone with weapons knowledge worked with rockstar on this game ........irl your not safe in a tank period even with the modern tanks today  a couple of rounds from a .50BMG  high incendiary explosive round  will decimate anyone inside  that tank......even better  if that poor soul in said tank  is on the receiving end of a 20mm Vulcan round........in laymans terms vaporized literally

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

There is nothing "not legal" about it.

willeyj
  • willeyj

54-46

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Just Super Saiyan.

After reflexing on this most of us do not want to actually blow up the tank due to not know if it is a PV glitch. Plus the minute you do the same people you are trying to help tend to ram you as well (ungrateful little turds).

By sniping out the tanker I feel I am saving him and myself from a trip to the BS lobby.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

This thread is great...lol

Might have to go hunt some tank noobs tonight for fun.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Nice work Omni

• Omnifarious likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users