Lifeguard helicopter

3 replies to this topic
CatchallRat682
  • CatchallRat682

Mythbuster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon trying to get the yellow lifeguard helicopter. I did everything in my experience and they just wouldn't land it until they crashed in the middle of the ocean. I read somewhere that in Grand Theft Auto Four that until The Ballad of Gay Tony's multiplayer that the only way to get a police helicopter was to shoot it down and hope it lands in shallow water. If you go to the beach in Los Santos and go north on the highway a little ways you will find some tennis courts and a pool. A lifeguard helicopter flies really low over the water and will fly over the pool. I almost got one to crash in the pool. I could not get one to crash in the water so it wouldn't explode though. Can anybody get one to confirm it is in fact a lifeguard helicopter or see if the rappeling areas on the back work? Or even to see if it's worth getting?

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

It's just a lime green Frogger, so there's nothing special about it, it's just the game giving it a different colour. There is a method to get it, I got it pretty easily, the only problem is that once you land a helicopter at the helipad, you can't use any other helicopter, as selecting a purchased helicopter deletes the one you took and landed there. I'd say it's not really worth getting, it doesn't have any special properties to it. I could get a Frogger in hundreds of different colours in the PC version.

CatchallRat682
  • CatchallRat682

Mythbuster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

Cool. How did you get it though? And did the game call it a lifeguard helicopter or was it just a frogger like they did with calling the air ambulance a police maverick since they use the same model?

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:39 AM Edited by -=Bert=-, 16 November 2013 - 12:40 AM.

It's still called a Frogger, since it's just coloured lime green. To get it, you need to destroy it with a Buzzard until its engine breaks (once the engine starts shutting off a couple times for a few seconds, leave it, as the engine will eventually completely break), it will slowly start to descend, when it's low, quickly determine where it's going to land, and get down to the ground before it does. As soon as it hits the ground, quickly enter it, you will not be able to enter it if the pilot & passenger hop out. Once you take it, quickly switch characters before they call the police, and then switch back, switching will fully repair the helicopter, so now you have a fully functioning lime green Frogger.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users