Anxiety attack while playing online with others. Why and how can I pre

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
381 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

Ok for anyone that missed my point or the point lots of people are making about exercise. We are not saying adrenaline or anxiety is bad to have and we are not saying exercise is the end-all-problems-cure but if you are literally getting a fast heartbeat and anxiety attacks from a video game(I had this when I was younger) you do need to exercise more to a point where your heartbeat gets faster than it is when you are running into these "problems" in game.

Also on a regular basis(ATLEAST run 1km once a week).

If playing the game is the fastest you have your heartbeat go then that is a problem and exercise will reduce your anxiety/panic next time you get into that situation. I'm not a doctor so I can't give you any scientific reason as to why but I have researched a lot about proper exercise/couch potato ratio and I have a feeling your couch potato part is way overdosed lol.

I am a couch potato. I don't exercise. I only see my friends 2 hours a week or 2 weeks. The only people I talk face to face are my grandparents. I eat one meal a day. I rarely go outside. Unless I take my dog out. I sit in my room with the door open BTW. Either playing games to feel content or on here to not feel alone.

I like admitting my pathetic sh*t. Get that crap off my chest

Oh good at first I was like holy sh*t this guys life is spiraling downwards and is completely out of the control, but then I realized you left the door open so yeah your all good bro just do like 10 pushups a day and you will be sweet. 

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by nexoric, 16 November 2013 - 06:09 AM.

Ok for anyone that missed my point or the point lots of people are making about exercise. We are not saying adrenaline or anxiety is bad to have and we are not saying exercise is the end-all-problems-cure but if you are literally getting a fast heartbeat and anxiety attacks from a video game(I had this when I was younger) you do need to exercise more to a point where your heartbeat gets faster than it is when you are running into these "problems" in game.

If playing the game is the fastest you have your heartbeat go then that is a problem and exercise will reduce your anxiety/panic next time you get into that situation. I'm not a doctor so I can't give you any scientific reason as to why but I have researched a lot about proper exercise/couch potato ratio and I have a feeling your couch potato part is way overdosed lol.

I am a couch potato. I don't exercise. I only see my friends 2 hours a week or 2 weeks. The only people I talk face to face are my grandparents. I eat one meal a day. I rarely go outside. Unless I take my dog out. I sit in my room with the door open BTW. Either playing games to feel content or on here to not feel alone.

Oh good at first I was like holy sh*t this guys life is spiraling downwards and is completely out of the control, but then I realized you left the door open so yeah your all good bro just do like 10 pushups a day and you will be sweet. 

So do you still think im a troll for admitting this? If you do then that makes me an extroverted happy person. Or do you think im telling the truth? THE WHOLE THREAD

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

So do you still think im a troll for admitting this? If you do then that makes me an extroverted happy person. Or do you think im telling the truth? THE WHOLE THREAD

You are the most obvious troll I have ever seen and I feel sorry for the people offering you real advice. You triple bumped this thing numerous times and constantly try to start arguments in it.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:14 AM

No I never thought you were a troll, I just thought you were a little bitch for getting so worked up over white dots in a video game, and then bitching through the whole thread at why people think your a bitch because you cant stop bitching like a little bitch.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

What a dumb thread. It actually worries me that we allow humans like OP in our world.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

No I never thought you were a troll, I just thought you were a little bitch for getting so worked up over white dots in a video game, and then bitching through the whole thread at why people think your a bitch because you cant stop bitching like a little bitch.

Because I am a bitch. All I ever do is complain.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

Because I am a bitch. All I ever do is complain.

.../thread

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

What a dumb thread. It actually worries me that we allow humans like OP in our world.

How am I so bad that you have to say sh*t like that? I can't help but to think you feel better taking shots like that.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

You are the most obvious troll I have ever seen and I feel sorry for the people offering you real advice. You triple bumped this thing numerous times and constantly try to start arguments in it.

Of anyone on this forum, you cannot call someone a troll.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

This sh*t is not locked yet.

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

I had the same thing as OP. You need to turn this into excitement of the approaching gun fight rather than what you get. Other wise go and play spyro the dragon lol

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

I had the same thing as OP. You need to turn this into excitement of the approaching gun fight rather than what you get. Other wise go and play spyro the dragon lol

Or any other game. Ever since I got the breathing advice, I haven't experienced anything as harsh as I mentioned. I just get a little nervous now but then I shut it out and try not to care.

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

Of anyone on this forum, you cannot call someone a troll.
OP is troll back up and leave now.

adlerjac
  • adlerjac

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Trollin..... Trollin...... Trollin on rivvvvaaa

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

I am a little jealous, that feeling you are feeling is a good feeling, it means you are enjoying yourself, so just, enjoy yourself.

Words120
  • Words120

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:06 AM Edited by Words120, 22 November 2013 - 10:06 AM.

Was just listening to that song on the punk radio for gta. That song came on where the chorus is something like "You're one of them, You say that you're my friend. YOU Your not my friend cuz you're one of them" made me think of this thread and OP ha.

That basically is the mind set of anyone in a public free mode. Your not my friend, your one of them so imma kill you whenever I have a chance.

Song- http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_pi0X92tBW4

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Dumb troll thread. Had me laughing for a minute, though. 

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:17 AM Edited by GR Choke, 19 May 2014 - 03:17 AM.

this is a sick joke

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:22 AM

this is a sick joke

Its also from months ago, good work reviving it. What were you even searching for to find this?

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:23 AM

this is a sick joke

Its also from months ago, good work reviving it. What were you even searching for to find this?

It was my fault. I linked to it in another thread, i didnt think anyone would be daft enough to bump it

• theadmiral likes this

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

I'm glad I gave up farming

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:24 AM

this is a sick joke

It was my fault. I linked to it in another thread, i didnt think anyone would be daft enough to bump it

Ayyyyeeee

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:25 AM Edited by CarimboHanky, 19 May 2014 - 03:26 AM.

this is a sick joke

now the question is for you Jolly... what were you even searching for to find this PoS thread?

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

this is a sick joke

now the question is for you Jolly... What were you even searching for to find this?

I just remembered in the thread where that dude was getting mad and asking for advice http://gtaforums.com...happened-to-me/

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

this is a sick joke

wasnt me

dtsmucker
  • dtsmucker

CTID

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:46 AM

this is a sick joke

wasnt me

Attention seeking fagtard. It wasn't funny months ago and still isn't.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:48 AM

i got directed here by swagman

fagtard? is that meant to hurt my feelings?

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:53 AM

So you are scared about death in a videogame?...  Odd.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

I jerk off before every Deathmatch.

No seriously, sometimes depending on the strain, i do get this rush right before the Deathmatch teams screen because i want to win SO bad.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

I jerk off before every Deathmatch.

I jerk off while playing deathmatches. Get good scrub

Aunty Fascist
  • Aunty Fascist

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:58 AM

Every time when someone gets close to me in the game I start to panic a bit. My heart starts beating and it's just pure anxiety. Also get the feeling that my heart sank into my stomach. I'm kinda worried to why this is happening to me in a videogame. I play a bunch of games. Even survival horrors but they don't make me feel anxious. This game, on the other hand, does.

*Anxiety/fear of dying in this game because I am feel very helpless.

EDIT: has nothing to do with socializing like some people are thinking.

I probably should be asking this in a Medical site but I want to see if others are like me on here that get very panicky with this game in general.

I actually deal with panic related to PTSD (from male violence) so yeah, public lobbies make me really uncomfortable. Especially when the people in them are throwing around gender, racial or other slurs and ugly language about who people are. It's got to the point where I won't play in public lobbies, people are just too ugly and unnecessarily hostile (much like some can get on this message board). I think what you're describing is a healthy reaction to a toxic environment. it's your body's way of saying "get me out of this cesspit." I'm glad I have a good group of respectful, fun people to play with. Whenever one of us is thrown into a public lobby by the server screwing up after a playlist, we always send them a rescue invite immediately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users