• This topic is locked This topic is locked
381 replies to this topic
iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

you get nervous and stressed by a game? jesus man see a f*cking doctor and get a pair of balls. maybe take some public speaking classes. that sh*t is pathetic.

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

you get nervous and stressed by a game? jesus man see a f*cking doctor and get a pair of balls. maybe take some public speaking classes. that sh*t is pathetic.

little harsh but this. Taking a public speaking class would be great for you. I had anxiety before(never from a videogame lol) but they teach you methods on being a great speaker and how to control your anxiety.. But first you have to go to college hahahahaha damn man

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 15 November 2013 - 05:51 PM.

I get the same reaction but I enjoy it. Pulse goes fast under some circumstances like close calls on making/failing missions, engaging a bounty, etc.

Enjoy it because it goes away when you get used to the game. Isn´t that the kind of stuff you look for when you buy a game, getting entertained?

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Has anyone seen ChromeAdder recently?  I'm getting a little worried about him.

yeah he's been around I believe the last he said was he's going to get bitches

Vespucci Hipster
  • Vespucci Hipster

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

[quote name="BlaineCountyHooker" post="1064079155" timestamp="1384532435"]
[/quote]Jesus people get outside some more[/quote]

You're missing the point. Each time a player meets another it is akin to a chess battle. It's perfectly normal to put everything you have mentally and even physically towards playing the match.

You think it has to do with exercise. It's not. It's mental and how your brain is perceiving the event. You become so worked up and involved in the game and how other players are shaping it for your experience that your brain wants to make your body help as well so it gives you a dose of adrenalyne.
  • nexoric likes this

dvsntt
  • dvsntt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

Every time when someone gets close to me in the game I start to panic a bit. My heart starts beating and it's just pure anxiety. Also get the feeling that my heart sank into my stomach. I'm kinda worried to why this is happening to me in a videogame. I play a bunch of games. Even survival horrors but they don't make me feel anxious. This game, on the other hand, does.

*Anxiety/fear of dying in this game because I am feel very helpless.

EDIT: has nothing to do with socializing like some people are thinking.

I probably should be asking this in a Medical site but I want to see if others are like me on here that get very panicky with this game in general.

Clearly you have some sort paranoia anxiety. It seems to possibly be from the fear of a persons behavior that you cannot anticipate. In other games, a players role is well-defined and the actions they can take are something you can predict and often their motivations (win the match, steal the flag, kill the enemy) are apparent. In a free-mode game like GTA, you have no idea if they will be friendly or foul.

To overcome this, you need to deal with the issue first-hand. Get arrested and spend a night in jail, you will encounter the same scary feelings about your cell mate and the other inmates. Find yourself tense at first, but find ways to relax. Then when you have been in that situation long enough, it will feel entirely comfortable.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

There's nothing wrong with this dude. f*ck people. It's immersion - the exact opposite of boredom. If my heart doesn't pound I go somewhere else.
  • nexoric likes this

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:07 PM Edited by Valdorien, 15 November 2013 - 09:11 PM.

I have anxiety problems too. I get stressed up and often panic in some situations.

I take deep breaths and drink water. When I start feeling bad I just leave the game and calm myself.

What the hell is wrong with this forum? Can't accept the fact that some peoples didn't chose to be anxious or paranoid but are?

• Dementious likes this

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

So since the topic has slightly veered off topic actually not slightly but majorly off-topic, can we get a lock now MODS. Damn.

ViolentRumble
  • ViolentRumble

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by ViolentRumble, 15 November 2013 - 11:54 PM.

Drink a 12 pack before/while playing it does the trick every time.

You say this as if it's from personal experience.

Edit: Don't ever play DayZ i guess

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

It is for me :)

I get anxiety in races a lot when I'm in the lead, my pulse goes through the roof because I get so worried about losing the lead, and I can't wait for the race to end.

ViolentRumble
  • ViolentRumble

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by ViolentRumble, 15 November 2013 - 11:57 PM.

I am doing a lot of contradictory because I am very furious. This is the one and only truth. I actually do get very anxious. I get a pain in my chest when someone is approaching me in the game because I KNOW I will die. I feel helpless because I suck @ it. My heart races and I know it's not adrenaline because it stresses me out.

Yep, going to refer back to my original point. Go outside, realize how meaningless the game is. Maybe pick up a hobby or something. You need more in your life if you take something so trivial like this to this kind of degree.

If you aren't having fun playing a game, then that's a pretty good indicator that you should consider alternatives for your free time.

Girlfriend. I have no game.

get game

Musician. No one likes what I make.

get better

Friends. They are self absorbed assholes and it's hard making new friends with my standards and my opinions and interests.

lower your standards

Sports. Only in middle school did I do those and I don't plan to ever again.

start planning

Job. Waiting for my drivers license since I have my permit.

College. an Option

What else am I missing?

ViolentRumble
  • ViolentRumble

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

It is for me :)

I get anxiety in races a lot when I'm in the lead, my pulse goes through the roof because I get so worried about losing the lead, and I can't wait for the race to end.

confused-jackie-chan-meme-6813.jpg

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:53 AM

I am doing a lot of contradictory because I am very furious. This is the one and only truth. I actually do get very anxious. I get a pain in my chest when someone is approaching me in the game because I KNOW I will die. I feel helpless because I suck @ it. My heart races and I know it's not adrenaline because it stresses me out.

Yep, going to refer back to my original point. Go outside, realize how meaningless the game is. Maybe pick up a hobby or something. You need more in your life if you take something so trivial like this to this kind of degree.

If you aren't having fun playing a game, then that's a pretty good indicator that you should consider alternatives for your free time.

Girlfriend. I have no game.

get game

Musician. No one likes what I make.

get better

Friends. They are self absorbed assholes and it's hard making new friends with my standards and my opinions and interests.

lower your standards

Sports. Only in middle school did I do those and I don't plan to ever again.

start planning

Job. Waiting for my drivers license since I have my permit.

College. an Option

What else am I missing?

Get better at making music? Sorry but you misinterpreted that. It's not about me being good or not. It's that the genre I make isn't for just anyone. 

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

What the f*ck? Youre 19 and still dont have youre liscence? Im sorry but thats pathetic and your real problem is you seem isolated from people. DO get some friends who are like you, theres alot of them out there haha you said no to friends, girlfriends, said maybe to school? man up, in one year you will be an adult without a liscence, not planning on going to college, probably still living with your parents getting anxiety over GTAO. You need to face the real world and know what real stress and anxiety is. Set your priorities straight. Set down the controller, go get your liscence, make some friends, and be an adult. Time to give up gaming for a little unless its a little on the weekends or something. This is your problem here. Cant go on living life with mommy and daddy gaming day in and day out without work when youre 20 next year

I don't need your pity.  And I like the simple overused advice of "GO MAKE SOME NEW FRIENDS". I am not exactly a likable person. I have odd taste in music. Movies. etc. Where I am from, no one knows what the Hell I am ever talking about.

BTW I have my permit. I HAVE to wait so many months before I get my license, DOUCHE. I live with my grandparents and since they feel like they messed up raising their own children, they enjoy my company. So I can use the excuse of "I DON'T WANT TO HURT THEM BY LEAVING"...Even though that's not true. It's just that I have no motivation to get up and walk outside. Is that so wrong?

AND you're not making me feel any better with your harsh advice that I could get from the typical asshole who has a big ego

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

Desperate attempt to keep obvious troll thread going

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

Looks like he is now since he replied last. I had to point it out. Now you'll be saying it's me. Hypocrites.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:09 AM

Why is this thread not locked yet?  Lol for real.

OP asks for legit advice, then trolls and assholes have to ruin it.

• nexoric likes this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

OP is a f*cking embarrassment to anybody with mental health issues. I for one would strip him of his job seekers allowance, and throw that f*cker in to work.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

Wow Great job OP. these ppl are actually taking u seriously . Lol now that's trolling . I trolled before , but 350 replies !?!?! Thats pretty good .

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:28 AM

OP is a f*cking embarrassment to anybody with mental health issues. I for one would strip him of his job seekers allowance, and throw that f*cker in to work.

Why would I be an embarrassment to them ? I have nothing to do with people with mental instabilities.

Wow Great job OP. these ppl are actually taking u seriously . Lol now that's trolling . I trolled before , but 350 replies !?!?! Thats pretty good .

Yeah yeah keep thinking I'm a troll. IDK what good it does for you to make that accusation

Edwin
  • Edwin

Ready to Race?

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

I know exactly how you feel, yo. I just deal with it by just doing exactly what causes me to feel that way and eventually it'll go away. That's just your brain being tricked into being in the situation in-game and it gets your heart-rate up, you start shaking, etc. It'll eventually go away, just don't worry about it too much.

;) :^:

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

Some body just post this thread but was having anxiety every time he passed the shower .it was a pink Floyd reference. The topic was worded exactly like yours
  • nexoric likes this

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

I know exactly how you feel, yo. I just deal with it by just doing exactly what causes me to feel that way and eventually it'll go away. That's just your brain being tricked into being in the situation in-game and it gets your heart-rate up, you start shaking, etc. It'll eventually go away, just don't worry about it too much.

Yeah that's definitely it man. Another thing is overthinking it and being negative. Or having doubts. For example: Am I going to get the kill? Can I outrun them? Ah man I just crashed HURRY UP AND PUSH THE GAS etc etc.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:50 AM

Some body just post this thread but was having anxiety every time he passed the shower .it was a pink Floyd reference. The topic was worded exactly like yours

....what?

Yeah that's definitely it man. Another thing is overthinking it and being negative. Or having doubts. For example: Am I going to get the kill? Can I outrun them? Ah man I just crashed HURRY UP AND PUSH THE GAS etc etc.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OfAul2isPfo

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:55 AM Edited by Seanathon, 16 November 2013 - 05:56 AM.

Ok for anyone that missed my point or the point lots of people are making about exercise. We are not saying adrenaline or anxiety is bad to have and we are not saying exercise is the end-all-problems-cure but if you are literally getting a fast heartbeat and anxiety attacks from a video game(I had this when I was younger) you do need to exercise more to a point where your heartbeat gets faster than it is when you are running into these "problems" in game.

Also on a regular basis(ATLEAST run 1km once a week).

If playing the game is the fastest you have your heartbeat go then that is a problem and exercise will reduce your anxiety/panic next time you get into that situation. I'm not a doctor so I can't give you any scientific reason as to why but I have researched a lot about proper exercise/couch potato ratio and I have a feeling your couch potato part is way overdosed lol.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:01 AM Edited by nexoric, 16 November 2013 - 06:01 AM.

Ok for anyone that missed my point or the point lots of people are making about exercise. We are not saying adrenaline or anxiety is bad to have and we are not saying exercise is the end-all-problems-cure but if you are literally getting a fast heartbeat and anxiety attacks from a video game(I had this when I was younger) you do need to exercise more to a point where your heartbeat gets faster than it is when you are running into these "problems" in game.

Also on a regular basis(ATLEAST run 1km once a week).

If playing the game is the fastest you have your heartbeat go then that is a problem and exercise will reduce your anxiety/panic next time you get into that situation. I'm not a doctor so I can't give you any scientific reason as to why but I have researched a lot about proper exercise/couch potato ratio and I have a feeling your couch potato part is way overdosed lol.

I am a couch potato. I don't exercise. I only see my friends 2 hours a week or 2 weeks. The only people I talk face to face are my grandparents. I eat one meal a day. I rarely go outside. Unless I take my dog out. I sit in my room with the door open BTW. Either playing games to feel content or on here to not feel alone.

I like admitting my pathetic sh*t. Get that crap off my chest

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Every time when someone gets close to me in the game I start to panic a bit. My heart starts beating and it's just pure anxiety. Also get the feeling that my heart sank into my stomach. I'm kinda worried to why this is happening to me in a videogame. I play a bunch of games. Even survival horrors but they don't make me feel anxious. This game, on the other hand, does.

*Anxiety/fear of dying in this game because I am feel very helpless.

EDIT: has nothing to do with socializing like some people are thinking.

I probably should be asking this in a Medical site but I want to see if others are like me on here that get very panicky with this game in general.

That can't be healthy. I'd get my ass to a doctor ASAP if I was you

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Have you considered playing cricket? It helps you stay focused in all kinds of stressful situations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users