tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

*Beach Bum DLC*

*people complaining about LA Beach clothing*

Once again, this is GTAForums. :p I think people forget this was suppose to be out a while back before all the GTAOnline problems pushed it back, we're getting more FREE stuff after this, so chill the f*ck out and stop complaining about a DLC Pack titled Beach Bum containing beach related stuff!

What is this free stuff you speak of? I've heard it said quite a lot on these forums that GTA is getting more free DLC however I've not been able to find a source for this claim?

I suspect the "free stuff" you refer too is just the content creator and heists.

List of free DLC we'll be getting:

Beach Bum DLC: New clothing, new haircuts, new tattoos, new gang attacks, 1 new race, 1 new deathmatch, 1 bike race, 1 survival, 1 parachute activity, 3 cars, 1 boat, 1 handgun and 1 melee weapon. Will launch tomorrow (November 19th). Free.

Content Creator: This lets us create or own races and deathmatches. The very good creations will be stamped as 'Rockstar verified', and everyone can rate every else's creations. No known date (they are hoping this fall, which would be December 21st or earlier), also free.

Heists: This will let us rob things like banks (some have interiors you can already access, some have interiors you can only access in SP). No known date, but free.

Capture The Flag: Pretty straight forward: Capture the flag. Take the enemy flag, bring it to your base and score a point for your team. This DLC will also add the option to create your own Capture the Flag to the Content Creator. No known date, and free.

Well those were what I was already aware of and I still feel that this DLC is substandard, free or otherwise. I take it that this is this the free DLC that is getting some people on here so excited?

I was hoping there would be some good quality DLC dropped progressively over the next year or so.

RobinTheBrave
  • RobinTheBrave

\ RobinTheDerp /

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

Any idea at what time this will be released tomorrow? 

HARDSTYLE83
  • HARDSTYLE83

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

SOOO... This was what took so long to make?

I hope they are already working on some DLC... with good things.. not a broken bottle..

i rather pay for some good stuff then have free crap.

• tom_p1980 likes this

RobinTheBrave
  • RobinTheBrave

\ RobinTheDerp /

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

I hope they are already working on some DLC... with good things.. not a broken bottle..

i rather pay for some good stuff then have free crap.

Pretty sure there are some other things in the works. We'll have heists and other stuff pretty soon to hold us off until then. 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Nope.

This was meant to be out not long after the game was released, but was pushed back due to GTAOnline problems, they didn't want to release anything until that sh*t was sorted for most people.

HARDSTYLE83
  • HARDSTYLE83

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Nope.

This was meant to be out not long after the game was released, but was pushed back due to GTAOnline problems, they didn't want to release anything until that sh*t was sorted for most people.

so what are they working on? LSC glitch still works, duping cars still work too, servers are still down from time to time, isnt it better to fix that instead of releasing 2 weapons that no one will use and some crapy cars ?

dont get me wrong, i like FREE and UPDATE in the same sentence. but expectations were created over this insignificant "update"

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

What are they working on? Well, whatever comes AFTER this, I assume it'll be the Heist DLC or the Create Your Own Mode DLC, or the Capture The Flag pack, all of which are also Free.

Nitsuj Rasta
  • Nitsuj Rasta

Kilo Tray Ballas

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

What if it's more than what they say available in this DLC... I mean as far as customization goes..

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

*Beach Bum DLC*

*people complaining about LA Beach clothing*

Once again, this is GTAForums. :p I think people forget this was suppose to be out a while back before all the GTAOnline problems pushed it back, we're getting more FREE stuff after this, so chill the f*ck out and stop complaining about a DLC Pack titled Beach Bum containing beach related stuff!

What is this free stuff you speak of? I've heard it said quite a lot on these forums that GTA is getting more free DLC however I've not been able to find a source for this claim?

I suspect the "free stuff" you refer too is just the content creator and heists.

List of free DLC we'll be getting:

Beach Bum DLC: New clothing, new haircuts, new tattoos, new gang attacks, 1 new race, 1 new deathmatch, 1 bike race, 1 survival, 1 parachute activity, 3 cars, 1 boat, 1 handgun and 1 melee weapon. Will launch tomorrow (November 19th). Free.

Content Creator: This lets us create or own races and deathmatches. The very good creations will be stamped as 'Rockstar verified', and everyone can rate every else's creations. No known date (they are hoping this fall, which would be December 21st or earlier), also free.

Heists: This will let us rob things like banks (some have interiors you can already access, some have interiors you can only access in SP). No known date, but free.

Capture The Flag: Pretty straight forward: Capture the flag. Take the enemy flag, bring it to your base and score a point for your team. This DLC will also add the option to create your own Capture the Flag to the Content Creator. No known date, and free.

Well those were what I was already aware of and I still feel that this DLC is substandard, free or otherwise. I take it that this is this the free DLC that is getting some people on here so excited?

I was hoping there would be some good quality DLC dropped progressively over the next year or so.

There will be, remember rockstar said they are going to keep adding new content for years to come, they even said they may add map extensions.

blink182x
  • blink182x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

does anybody now on what time dlc is coming  out is there countdown

blink182x
  • blink182x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by blink182x, 18 November 2013 - 06:47 PM.

on website

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Wow the heist DLC is free? I was actually preparing to pay for it, but my mind is blown! :O

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Wow the heist DLC is free? I was actually preparing to pay for it, but my mind is blown! :O

It should be free, they advertised it with the game.

• GTA Banjo and theomenofficial like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

They didn't say heists were in online though. Robbing banks and jewelrey stores with other people is a pretty big thing in online, so I was expecting to pay for it. Free makes it that much better :)

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

They didn't say heists were in online though. Robbing banks and jewelrey stores with other people is a pretty big thing in online, so I was expecting to pay for it. Free makes it that much better :)

It was in the online trailer...

At 1:10, they are robbing a bank together. You can access this bank already, but you can't do anything there.

• theomenofficial likes this

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:18 AM Edited by Cr!minal, 19 November 2013 - 08:19 AM.

Something is happening. There's an option to download Beach Bum free update from XBL, but it doesn't seem to work atm.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

when is the psn store update?

I always thought it was on Thursdays?

the dlc (if it comes out) will be there after.

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

if borderlands 2 is anything to go by, everything should be ready in 15-30 mins IIRC

Race-n-Chase
  • Race-n-Chase

Geobsedeerd.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

Update downloaded!

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

The Motorcycle Mercenary

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

64MB update downloaded but not seeing any new content yet. Pre-patch preparations or are we just waiting until more people have downloaded the update for R* to go live on the new content?

ahmadjufri
  • ahmadjufri

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif?w=900

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

I know you can use the new weapons on singleplayer but can you use the vehicles in single too?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

I know you can use the new weapons on singleplayer but can you use the vehicles in single too?

Tes

austinm_05
  • austinm_05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:13 AM

Damn,

I was hoping the Canis Kalahari was going to be more of an offroad / Dakar style truck, instead we get a VW Thing (fitting for the Beach Bum pack I suppose)

That Speeder OTOH.......Mmmmmm I finally have a reason to by a slip at the marina.

yeah... about that... you can't buy slips at the marina.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:30 AM

I like this honestly, and playing online is much better, not having to deal with dumb asses.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:08 AM Edited by Lil ski, 20 November 2013 - 06:09 AM.

"Beach Bum" DLC....

...still no surfing

hehe just bustin R*'s balls, nice free pack though :pp (but srsly R*?)

randombeens
  • randombeens

Be more Dog

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

im sure this update has d-spawned my sherrif suv from my garage :'(

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:03 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 20 November 2013 - 10:04 AM.

It has.

Check the patch notes on the R* newswire.

randombeens
  • randombeens

Be more Dog

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

It has.

Check the patch notes on the R* newswire.

sh!t son yea, didnt know it listed all that info on fixs nice to see theve ironed out a load of those $$$ cheats i didnt know there were so many, it says fixed getting it into customs for a respray wud guess that also fixed getting it in your garage in the first place but totally still gonna try when i get in 2nyt

it wiuldnt annoy me too much if you could buy a load of the services vehicles online but i frigging loved doing missions in that baby made me a proper lazy driver cruzing the streets with every road user getting out your way with a few of the crew on the side carbine rifles a blazzing guessing you can do the same with the landstalker but it jst aint the same god'd@mm it oh well space for the buggy in the garage now i guess

Kopdb
  • Kopdb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

The new customization items seem retarded

They do tho... Rockstar need to do somethin bout them clothing options for niggas who aint about them beaches...
but u ain't a nigga so don't worry ,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users