Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do people just not want to race anymore?

79 replies to this topic
ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

I've tried hosting several different races in the last few days that are all over the map and AREN'T Down the Drain or Criminal Records.  And as soon as people get into the lobby, they leave.  But when I try to just join a race it's friggin Down the Drain or Criminal Records with supers and catchup on.  Re-freegin-tarded.

There are so many awesome tracks out there like Grand Tour, Route 66, Commute, Dockyards, etc.  But I rarely ever get to race them anymore.  Do you think they'll revamp the search so that you can see people in specific races and join particular lobbies?

• cloudfuel likes this

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

are you on PSN? if so add me and you'll at least have one other person who will run them with you If I'm not in a mission or survival? 

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

I never understood what console game devs have againsr regular server browsers. Matchmaking sucks and should be an OPTION, but not the sole one. At least they could let us add filters to our matchmaking.
  • PaulDPearl and cloudfuel like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by theadmiral, 13 November 2013 - 03:35 PM.

It is the fact that most people that play races do it for quick RP , money, and race unlocks - Not because they like racing. The same reason most people do any activity in this game - To grind for something. It is a sad state of affairs.

• Wolfhuman, S-M-O-K-E and VickissV3 like this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

I never understood what console game devs have againsr regular server browsers. Matchmaking sucks and should be an OPTION, but not the sole one. At least they could let us add filters to our matchmaking.

I have no idea on that, but I assume console hardware has something to do with it. I mean, there's no reason selecting a server wouldn't be otherwise possible, I think.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

When R* nerfed all payouts for jobs the mindless horde of grinders flocked the fastest and most simple way of grinding.

This is R* fault  that grinders have infested racing and have practically ruined it.

Nothing but brain dead monkeys going around in circles non stop... Dafuq is wrong with these kids>

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

are you on PSN? if so add me and you'll at least have one other person who will run them with you If I'm not in a mission or survival? 

sadly no, im 360.

It would be really nice to be able to filter your search.  You can do it on plenty of games so I don't know why it wouldn't be possible here.

• xRunawayGuN likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

I have no idea on that, but I assume console hardware has something to do with it. I mean, there's no reason selecting a server wouldn't be otherwise possible, I think.

Man, I wish I could use a filter or job search... Or at least block certain jobs from being accessed.

Nothing worse joing a race and having to wait to come down from the clouds and fully load before quitting..Again and agin and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.  Down the drain and back to criminal records over and over..>ARHHHHH

f*ck I wanna slap the f*ck out of these kids playing these 1 lap bitch races...lol

The best is when I hear.  "KICK THE HIGH LVL!"  As im loading...    Kick me?  You think I wanna play patty cake races?..

• GaryZZ likes this

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

Man, I wish I could use a filter or job search... Or at least block certain jobs from being accessed.

Nothing worse joing a race and having to wait to come down from the clouds and fully load before quitting..Again and agin and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.  Down the drain and back to criminal records over and over..>ARHHHHH

f*ck I wanna slap the f*ck out of these kids playing these 1 lap bitch races...lol

The best is when I hear.  "KICK THE HIGH LVL!"  As im loading...    Kick me?  You think I wanna play patty cake races?..

Yeah I'm lvl 131.  Never glitched.  Just play a lot with my bros and wife.  But when I join races I hear, "F***ing kick Shadow, little b****."

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

It is the fact that most people that play races do it for quick RP , money, and race unlocks - Not because they like racing. The same reason most people do any activity in this game - To grind for something. It is a sad state of affairs.

...you assume that's the reason they do any activity in this game. 

you know what other reasons might be?  those are easy courses that don't really require you to remember a route, making you an actual contender against those who think gta is strictly a racing game and that's ALL they want to do...  I could be wrong, I don't like to assume I know what's going through the heads of the other half million players...

I understand though, thoughts like that permeate every thread.  you play the game correctly, but everyone else is playing the game they paid for ALL WRONG!

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

you know what other reasons might be?  those are easy courses that don't really require you to remember a route, making you an actual contender against those who think gta is strictly a racing game and that's ALL they want to do...  I could be wrong, I don't like to assume I know what's going through the heads of the other half million players...

I understand though, thoughts like that permeate every thread.  you play the game correctly, but everyone else is playing the game they paid for ALL WRONG!

I don't think that knowing the route is an issue.  The map is pretty clear, and you can look at the course in the lobby screen beforehand just by pressing "x".  I've never felt cheated out of a win bc I didn't know the map at least.

Get Trevomized
  • Get Trevomized

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by Get Trevomized, 13 November 2013 - 03:53 PM.

I don't race anymore with randoms because I'm tired if poor sports trying to wreck me. THAT IS NOT RACING.
  • cloudfuel likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

QOTD Commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

I absolutely hate Criminal Records but you're right it's all people seem to play.

I don't mind Down The Drain because I got really good at the hairpins but I can see why it would get boring.

Commute with traffic is the best race.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

I heard midnight club is a racing game.

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

I don't think that knowing the route is an issue.  The map is pretty clear, and you can look at the course in the lobby screen beforehand just by pressing "x".  I've never felt cheated out of a win bc I didn't know the map at least.

sure it is.  but let's not play like you've never come into a turn too hot the first run on a course, shall we?

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

If you're not in the same crew or you're not my friend, I'm only racing you if custom vehicles are off, it's a standard race of 3 or less laps, there's no traffic, weather is clear, it's sports or supers, and you have a damned mic.

Don't like it?  

Too bad.  

I do this for fun and it's been proven to me through my own experience that going against any of those rules of mine just leads to frustration and the opposite of fun.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

You misunderstand me, I do not care why anyone does anything. Playing down the drain 20 times in a row is not about racing - Playing criminal records over and over again is not about racing. I'm not angry at those that do this, I am just trying to explain to the OP what the reason may be in my opinion.

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

I heard midnight club is a racing game.

that's what the racing in this game COULD/(and if feel) SHOULD be.  I miss midnight club. 

the feel of the vehicles is very similar to the midnights, but they should just include the rest of the concepts.  the ultrasteer, roar, etc.; there's no reason those concepts wouldn't work for the vehicles of gta and hell, they'd also be fun and another strategic option in free roam. 

Craigson
  • Craigson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

Add me. GT is craigson
I like racing

VickissV3
  • VickissV3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

These 2 races were very popular WAY before the payout nerf. As in the description for the race itself, Down the Drain is " Iconic or Cliche". I mean it's a decently  long simple straightaway with only 2 turns and has great payouts when you win. It's also over in a minute in a half. 

If you don't like supercars and catchup ( I don't either), just host your own with your own custom settings. 

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:08 PM Edited by Vooodu, 13 November 2013 - 04:10 PM.

sure it is.  but let's not play like you've never come into a turn too hot the first run on a course, shall we?

There are also arrows on the race markers pretty much warning the player just how sharp it is..  Three arrows = SLOW THE f*ck DOWN!..lol

Besides, maybe if they raced more races beside simple 1 lap, smash fest circle jerks. They could actually negotiate a some real turns.

• cloudfuel likes this

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

You misunderstand me, I do not care why anyone does anything. Playing down the drain 20 times in a row is not about racing - Playing criminal records over and over again is not about racing. I'm not angry at those that do this, I am just trying to explain to the OP what the reason may be in my opinion.

I apologize.  I did misunderstand.  thanks for being cool about it, especially when I was a bit aggressive about it.  i'm guessing you do see the behavior i'm speaking of...  (but again, I never fully assume such things lol)  people crying about how others play has become a tiresome subject for me on these threads.

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

There are also arrows on the race markers pretty much warning the player just how sharp it is..  Three arrows = SLOW THE f*ck DOWN!..lol

Besides, maybe if they raced more races beside simple 1 lap, smash fest circle jerks. They could actually negotiate a some real turns.

more assumptions.  you assume that you have to be GOOD at something to enjoy it.  be real with yourself a minute.  without people who suck at games, we'd all just be average...

Kracus
  • Kracus

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

more assumptions.  you assume that you have to be GOOD at something to enjoy it.  be real with yourself a minute.  without people who suck at games, we'd all just be average...

I wouldn't be too concerned with what he says, he makes big claims but can't back them up when put to the test.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

If you're not in the same crew or you're not my friend, I'm only racing you if custom vehicles are off, it's a standard race of 3 or less laps, there's no traffic, weather is clear, it's sports or supers, and you have a damned mic.

Don't like it?  

Too bad.  

I do this for fun and it's been proven to me through my own experience that going against any of those rules of mine just leads to frustration and the opposite of fun.

Customs Off is the 1st step toward noobie city.

Traffic off?  Depends on the race.  Traffic off in a races like commute, grand tour or Route 68 is needed when 4 or less players are playing is needed.  Also depending on the class.

If you want to give newbies a chance you turn on catch up. 

And if you had a mic on you would hear me saying.. Turn custom cars on ya scrubby little nooob.

JonWal
  • JonWal

PSN

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Am I the only one that plays Down the Drain because I actually enjoy it?

Yes its repetitive, but its always different. You learn the track, breaking points, slipstream on the final straight, not overtaking until the very last second. Every group of players is different. Some will race clean, then someone wipes you out so it then becomes personal. Its still fun after 50 or so races.

My W/L is pretty good on this track, I probably win 1 of every 3 races, which is great money and XP to spend on upgrades.

Dont egtme wrong I enjoy the other tracks, but without a full lobby, thy're just not as fun. (whole point of the thread right there)

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

People just not want to do anything anymore. Most of the time they are just free roaming and screwing around. So it's not just races, it's the same with deathmatch and everything else. I feel really lucky when I get 5 players to join me.

And yes, screw matchmaking. We need to go back to server browsing.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

I wouldn't be too concerned with what he says, he makes big claims but can't back them up when put to the test.

Ya, says the forum stalker who can't kill me in a silly buzzard. So he now resorts to stalking me on every thread ii post in with some cry baby story.. :D

STFU kid, stop stalking my posts.  And use private message if you got something to say..weirdo.

RoboC
  • RoboC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:16 PM Edited by RoboC, 13 November 2013 - 04:19 PM.

I drop out immediately if:

1. Custom cars are on. Because even with as many different classes of heavily modified cars I have it still isn't fun having an unfair advantage. Scrubs like unfair advantages. Real races are even.

2. It's too many laps...depending on the race and car class.

3. Catch up is on. Because if you're ahead, you should stay ahead short of the occasional slipstream.

4. I recognize someone who I've previously raced with and I know races dirty. Which is pretty rare...the recognizing part, that is, not the racing dirty part. The amount of dirty racers is why I avoid racing at all anyway most of the time. I don't know how many times I've been defending first place from someone riding in my slipstream only to have them try to put me into a wall/off the track at the last second, usually costing us both the race.

• ShadowedAscent and cloudfuel like this

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

What this guy said.  I don't go into the turns to hot bc it tells you pretty clearly how sharp it's gonna be

• cloudfuel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users