Photo

Is being introvert wrong?

108 replies to this topic
F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

"Alpha males" aren't a real thing. It's a label some people latch on to in order to explain away their behavior without taking responsibility for it.

I tend to agree with this assessment.

there's probably such a thing as Type A and Type B personality, but it's not like every person who is an extravert is automatically an asshole-douchebag.

there are plenty of so-called Alpha Males who also treat everyone with respect :pp

if you're a dick then you're a dick.

has little to do with your personality.

A dick, yes, but an honest dick.

I only show respect to people who respect themselves. If you're fat, you have NO self-respect. But, who needs my respect anyways? Just as other people are to me, I'm sure I'm irrelevant to them. But they should WANT to excel in every part of life. Why would you want to be mediocre in anything?

There's a difference between being a dick & an honest one? 

Well, I don't feel as though I'm an asshole. But I realize that many people probably perceive me as one, since I tell it like it is. Why should I be forced to respect fat people if they can't even respect themselves enough to live a healthy lifestyle? I'm not afraid to be the bad guy for telling the truth. Fat people are disgusting to look at and they smell. That's the truth, whether people want to admit it or not.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

F63, you're a scum of this world.

Confirmed fatty and/or mediocre peasant.

"Confirmed"

Case-Closed-Stamp_645x400.png

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

"Alpha males" aren't a real thing. It's a label some people latch on to in order to explain away their behavior without taking responsibility for it.

there's probably such a thing as Type A and Type B personality, but it's not like every person who is an extravert is automatically an asshole-douchebag.

there are plenty of so-called Alpha Males who also treat everyone with respect :pp

I only show respect to people who respect themselves. If you're fat, you have NO self-respect. But, who needs my respect anyways? Just as other people are to me, I'm sure I'm irrelevant to them. But they should WANT to excel in every part of life. Why would you want to be mediocre in anything?

Well, I don't feel as though I'm an asshole. But I realize that many people probably perceive me as one, since I tell it like it is. Why should I be forced to respect fat people if they can't even respect themselves enough to live a healthy lifestyle? I'm not afraid to be the bad guy for telling the truth. Fat people are disgusting to look at and they smell. That's the truth, whether people want to admit it or not.

Yeah, it isn't healthy, but no one buys that alpha male sh*t.

And no one is going to change because you aggressively told them to.

I ain't fat  but i comprehend about how depressed one can become, and you cannot stop respecting someone because they are fat or skinny or whatever you hate.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

and you cannot stop respecting someone because they are fat or skinny or whatever you hate.

Yes I can. Who's stopping me?

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

and you cannot stop respecting someone because they are fat...

I agree, yes, you can. And if it wasn't for people saying stop bullying fat people, there would be less fat people. But because people have been saying you're still beautiful they have began feeling comfortable being fat and it's not good.

But you're still a dick, an alpha dick.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

I agree, yes, you can. And if it wasn't for people saying stop bullying fat people, there would be less fat people. But because people have been saying you're still beautiful they have began feeling comfortable being fat and it's not good.

There would be less fat people? I don't look at "fat people" as a problem. I don't care if they die from being overweight, it's usually their own fault, and I don't see why "c*nt-destroying alphamales" like us should bully them?

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

There would be less fat people? I don't look at "fat people" as a problem. I don't care if they die from being overweight, it's usually their own fault, and I don't see why "c*nt-destroying alphamales" like us should bully them?

Their health bills are usually placed on taxpayers.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:22 PM Edited by GTA 360, 21 November 2013 - 09:25 PM.

If people push them to improve their health it's good for them too, as well as the NHS (sorry Americans, your healthcare sucks)

Also I think that people that cause their own injuries such as drinking problems, drug use, stupid stunts, sports activities ext should have to pay for healthcare because those of us that mostly only ever use it for illness and work related injury have to pay for it and it's not right that an idiot can get liver failure from drinking every day whilst on the dole and have free treatment because they can't control their lives while some of us work in dangerous environments, get crushed and then have to sit in a seat for hours while they try to find an empty bed.

• Shah Sam likes this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

I exercise, work out and what have you. I also feel slightly sick whenever I hear my phone ring. 

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

If people push them to improve their health it's good for them too, as well as the NHS (sorry Americans, your healthcare sucks)

Also I think that people that cause their own injuries such as drinking problems, drug use, stupid stunts, sports activities ext should have to pay for healthcare because those of us that mostly only ever use it for illness and work related injury have to pay for it and it's not right that an idiot can get liver failure from drinking every day whilst on the dole and have free treatment because they can't control their lives while some of us work in dangerous environments, get crushed and then have to sit in a seat for hours while they try to find an empty bed.

Or...NO ONE should be forced to have health insurance. Privatize healthcare (and almost everything else in this country).

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:23 AM Edited by fullmetal5550, 22 November 2013 - 12:16 PM.

You just assume that because someone is heavyset that they don't respect themselves? You ever consider that perhaps they are comfortable with how they look and don't care what anyone else thinks of them? Why do you care if someone is fat? That doesn't effect you in anyway. 

Both Orson Welles and Winston Churchill were pretty big and many people respect them and still respect them. 

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

Holy God, stop with these fat people arguements. I am talking about being an introvert and not being a fat person. And please stop giving attention to 'Mr.-I-am-alpha". He has been bitching about it since he started posting here. You all guys will just add oil to the fire.

@F69: Dude, if you can't handle your testosterones, then like I suggested, go to 4chan or better; to GTA V forums. You deserve to be there. I don't need your advice about being alpha. Thank you!

And lets be back on topic. I have been seeing more and more improvement in my condition. I think I just need a good guy who can understand me. I wish you all were there with me. I could have had many friends. But, until then, I will have to be a quiet person for a loger period of time. :/

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

I just think F63, that you're hiding behind the whole concept of 'alpha' as a way to escape your own initial insecurities.  Being honest doesn't mean you have to be a dick and being a dick doesn't equate to being an alpha male. This is just what you've constructed. Furthermore while I agree with you that exercise is a huge contributor to personal well-being, it is not the sole defining characteristic of an extrovert or an alpha male. In fact I disagree with the whole 'alpha' idea and would urge you all to read 'confident' in place of alpha.

Indeed, by your own standards I'm an 'alpha' male. I've captained sports teams my entire life, I play football 4 times a week, rugby twice a week and go to the gym. I'm at a Russell Group University in the UK studying for a Masters degree. I have literally hundreds of friends and a network of people I care for deeply. I have a beautiful Spanish girlfriend. I come from a comfortable home where my father has worked hard and made himself successful and I am in position to pursue any career I want when I finish my studies. But then 'alpha' isn't a real thing.

I'm going to explain this to you as simply as I can F63, because you seem young. Where you and I differ is that I don't believe that a combination of luck, familial advantage and personal hard work make me a fundamentally better person than anyone else. I do not believe that it is possible to be an 'alpha male' because it implies an inherent underclass. Have pride in your own ability, draw confidence from it, but do not set your self apart from everyone else with some misguided idea that you're in some way genetically better. It leads to a sense of false entitlement. Because with this sort of thinking you will get a rude awakening when the man who values hard work and constant evolution of self flies past you.

If you're a dick to everyone now, rest on your laurels and look with disdain on those around you, you will find yourself struggling later on.  

• Shah Sam likes this

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Because with this sort of thinking you will get a rude awakening when the man who values hard work and constant evolution of self flies past you.

Is that not exactly what I am preaching here? My problem with fat people has nothing to do with me wanting to hurt them with words or be an asshole, it has to do with the fact that people these days accept mediocrity. They flourish in it. It has become so bad that people actually admonish those that seek to improve themselves. Like I said above, when fat people see someone muscular, they make unsubstantiated claims about them (i.e. "he must be compensating").

I will NEVER respect mediocrity. I understand that some people require a push to get themselves out of the darkness (hell, I was 296 pounds two years ago), but I have no respect for the people that won't even TRY.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

'These days'. Come on, ya mook, you're ruining this guy's thread with your self-aggrandizing bullsh*t. Post it elsewhere.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

'These days'. Come on, ya mook, you're ruining this guy's thread with your self-aggrandizing bullsh*t. Post it elsewhere.

I already addressed the question in my first post ITT, and other people went off-topic.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

I already addressed the question in my first post ITT, and other people went off-topic.

REALLY? You know, I can give you a link where you began this flaming:

The Start of the War

And what do you mean by "other people"? You were the center of all the action. It would have been better if you didn't respond to every post against you. There are people who may agree you or not. Try to blend in with negative replies, especially in internet forums.

Mate, If you want to defend yourself, this is a bad tactic. You should just leave this thread alone.

Please.

• Otter likes this

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

Because with this sort of thinking you will get a rude awakening when the man who values hard work and constant evolution of self flies past you.

Is that not exactly what I am preaching here? My problem with fat people has nothing to do with me wanting to hurt them with words or be an asshole, it has to do with the fact that people these days accept mediocrity. They flourish in it. It has become so bad that people actually admonish those that seek to improve themselves. Like I said above, when fat people see someone muscular, they make unsubstantiated claims about them (i.e. "he must be compensating").

I will NEVER respect mediocrity. I understand that some people require a push to get themselves out of the darkness (hell, I was 296 pounds two years ago), but I have no respect for the people that won't even TRY.

Why do you care if people want to be mediocre? Someone who wants to remain in mediocrity doesn't effect you in anyway, shape, or form. 

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

I hate reading definitions of introversion because it makes it seem selfish and arrogant, but its not at all.

I'm quite happy spending most of my free time alone. I don't see anything wrong with that really.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users