Photo

Is being introvert wrong?

108 replies to this topic
GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

Okay, well he's obviously someone in GTA then. But that's besides the point. OP, stop being the quiet kid. Start lifting heavy sh*t and become alpha. None of this machine chest press or Smith machine squats. Front squats, deadlifts, and overhead presses. And slaying pussies.

Ok, here is Brucie:

5326-gta-iv-brucie-kibbutz.jpg

He is the one who talks alpha and sh*t in GTA IV.

As for your suggestions, I am pretty sure I am not going to lift because of pussies. Heck, if I had a gf, why the f*ck I won't have friends?

You don't lift to get pussy, but it's always an added bonus. Anyone who says being jacked and lean doesn't get you pussy has no idea what they're talking about. I mean, I got pussy before I started lifting, but nowhere near as much as now. Get to 200+ and <10%BF and you'll automatically have girls approaching you.

And which penis do you use on them? The small one or the big one on your head?

:lol:  :miranda:

Only those who are jealous make unsubstantiated claims. Muscle size and strength have nothing to do with the size of your dick.

As I said, anyone who thinks getting jacked won't get you pussy is lying.

I'm not saying it does, just talking like Bruice sort of sounds like you're trying to compensate for something. :whistle:

Yeah, this isn't fair I know. :sarcasm:

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

I'm an Introvert and I am happy about it. I can't stand people and can only be around them for very short periods. I prefer to be alone. I am very selfish with my free time and hate having it interrupted for any reason. 

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

The OP's case of introversion is certainly a more extreme instance.  Generally speaking, there is nothing wrong with introversion.  It's simply another end of the personality spectrum.  It's just the extreme comfort in an introverted state that you gotta be careful about.  I mean hell, the motormouth people-pleaser who is obsessed with society's standards to the point where they don't even know who they are anymore is just as unhealthy as the shut-in who can't even talk to 'normal folk' without trembling and such.

Introversion and extroversion should both be regulated equally.  Life in the balance.

In fact, I think it would be foolish for any GTAF member to disparage introversion.  A quality series like GTA wouldn't exist without the skill sets that typically come from introverted folks....(engineers, accountants, artists, programmers, etc.)

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

While I don't think you need to be a loud, obnoxious extrovert, being the weird kid that never talks (and usually the weird kid who never gets many girls) makes you beta. You don't want to be beta. You want to be alpha. Become a renaissance man. Start lifting. Start getting girls. Start being alpha.

Being Beta or Alpha doesn't mean a damn thing. As long as people are comfortable with themselves and accept who they are is all that matters. 

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:04 AM Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal, 19 November 2013 - 11:05 AM.

While I don't think you need to be a loud, obnoxious extrovert, being the weird kid that never talks (and usually the weird kid who never gets many girls) makes you beta. You don't want to be beta. You want to be alpha. Become a renaissance man. Start lifting. Start getting girls. Start being alpha.

Being Beta or Alpha doesn't mean a damn thing. As long as people are comfortable with themselves and accept who they are is all that matters. 

Agreed.  The whole beta-alpha commentary gets really cliche and meaningless the more I hear it.  In fact, all social constructs aside, alpha males are simply those who have priority with sexual mating partners.  Beta males don't enjoy this priority.  All else is empty rhetoric trying to shape the definition of a real "Man".

Thing is, we aren't in the Stone Age anymore.  Physical shape, confidence, and social standing still have a tremendous bearing on who gets the females.  But the reality is that new factors such as intelligence, money, and humor can swap the beta-alpha dynamics in an instance.  A sexual partner and a life long love are often two different relationships anyway.  In other words, chasing tale and getting hitched (successfully without getting divorced) require different skill sets often times.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

That's the same logic that fat people use...

@Triple But why the divide? Why can't you be in good physical shape, have confidence, have great social skills, AND have money, intelligence, and humor? Dualism is a disease. It breeds mediocrity.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:17 PM Edited by Max., 19 November 2013 - 12:18 PM.

F63, what are your alpha credentials? Why should anyone listen to you?

EDIT: Although I agree with you that good physical shape and good personality are not mutually exclusive. 

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

EDIT: Although I agree with you that good physical shape and good personality are not mutually exclusive. 

BRB intelligent as f*ck

BRB great orator

BRB amazing social skills

BRB great writer

BRB 223lbs. 12% BF

BRb great at sports

BRB 7.5/10 facial aesthetics

BRB get all the pussy I want

BRB funny as sh*t

BRB have enough money to do all of my favorite hobbies

BRB amazing confidence

u mad?

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

Well you immediately failed my test because you felt the need to justify yourself to me, a total stranger on the internet. You'll shake those insecurities one day man.

• Tyler and PaletoChickenCapo like this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

BRB intelligent as f*ck

BRB great orator

BRB amazing social skills

BRB great writer

BRB 223lbs. 12% BF

BRb great at sports

BRB 7.5/10 facial aesthetics

BRB get all the pussy I want

BRB funny as sh*t

BRB have enough money to do all of my favorite hobbies

BRB amazing confidence

u mad?

Dude, if you arer so amazing, why be with geeks like us? You can just go shove your awe to more interesting place like 4chan. You are really have not opened this account for this crap, have you?

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Well you immediately failed my test because you felt the need to justify yourself to me, a total stranger on the internet. You'll shake those insecurities one day man.

No idea where that unsubstantiated claim came from, but that's okay if you believe that.

@John 4chan? Are you serious? A bunch of neckbeard virgins that don't even lift? Why would I want to go there? I came here because I like GTA V.

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

A guy spurring a load of bull,and others being affected by it,lol. 

Anyhow,what's your opinion on things now op?

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

No idea where that unsubstantiated claim came from, but that's okay if you believe that.

@John 4chan? Are you serious? A bunch of neckbeard virgins that don't even lift? Why would I want to go there? I came here because I like GTA V.

I am pretty sure I suggested you that site because of that reason. You still don't get it, do you?

Anyhow,what's your opinion on things now op?

SAme as ever but better improvement over time. Still can't get rid of my 'Second Personality'. Have been trying to be honest but it looks like nobody will understand an introvert so easily.

• 018361 likes this

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Supralux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

@F63 Telling people what's best for them (especially the way you do it) is one of the most insulting things you could tell a person. Also, sports (like running or swimming) are more useful and healthy than "lifting".

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

@F63 Telling people what's best for them (especially the way you do it) is one of the most insulting things you could tell a person. Also, sports (like running or swimming) are more useful and healthy than "lifting".

Lifting helps you with sports. Show me a 500 pound squatter that can't drive a football sled quickly. Show me a 315 overhead presser that can't jab hard as sh*t.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Lifting helps you with sports. Show me a 500 pound squatter that can't drive a football sled quickly. Show me a 315 overhead presser that can't jab hard as sh*t.

I guess if you're obsessed with sports as a social medium, sure. I played football and ran track in high school, but I never understood the obsession with competitive sports and the glamorization around them. The alpha jock mentality is beyond bone-headed, and I had never had an issue going against the grain and also "slaying pussy" as you so eloquently put it.

Nobody's arguing that lifting isn't good for sports. Nobody's even f*cking arguing about sports. sports =|= fitness (they're just the application of fitness competitively). Lifting is definitely good for maintaining strength, but being able to push a sled as quickly as possible is about as helpful today as being able to run a 4.2 40m. I've spent more time running, hiking and bouldering than lifting since my high school sports days, and I'm easily in the best shape of my life. Holistic fitness always seemed to make more sense, and I might as well enjoy what I'm doing while working out.

• Criѕtian and PaletoChickenCapo like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

I do, however, have a garden that needs tilling if you wanna come over and plow it for me, ox. Lotsa old lady pussy for you to slay around there too. 15bucks an hour. Should be enough to buy you a few roofies.
  • 018361 and PaletoChickenCapo like this

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by fullmetal5550, 19 November 2013 - 11:32 PM.

That's the same logic that fat people use...

@Triple But why the divide? Why can't you be in good physical shape, have confidence, have great social skills, AND have money, intelligence, and humor? Dualism is a disease. It breeds mediocrity.

I'm not fat so your analysis is wrong. Also, you say all these things about yourself but have nothing back it up. I'm assuming that you're lying. Most Alpha males have pics of themselves for their profile picture where as you have Kim Jong Il wearing Ash's clothes from Poke'mon. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

"Alpha males" aren't a real thing. It's a label some people latch on to in order to explain away their behavior without taking responsibility for it.
  • 018361 likes this

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by El_Diablo, 20 November 2013 - 07:58 PM.

"Alpha males" aren't a real thing. It's a label some people latch on to in order to explain away their behavior without taking responsibility for it.

I tend to agree with this assessment.

there's probably such a thing as Type A and Type B personality, but it's not like every person who is an extravert is automatically an asshole-douchebag.

there are plenty of so-called Alpha Males who also treat everyone with respect :pp

if you're a dick then you're a dick.

has little to do with your personality.

• 018361 likes this

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

Brilliant post Max, I wholeheartedly agree.

Being in good physical condition is great for building confidence and getting girls, but, F63, your routine is utterly tiresome. It's almost as though you're trying to imitate Brucie, who is absolutely riddled with insecurity. I happen to know lads who are confident and in great shape who don't feel the need to flaunt their Alpha status in a vain attempt to demean others. Honestly mate, I don't really have an issue with you, but your posts really aren't presenting you in a good light.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Let's all take advice from the Alpha-male with a Pokemon avatar.

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

I don't feel like talking to anyone but with myself most of the time. I just can't stand people around me (not in a bad way). I want to stay inside my house and not interact with the society. I think more and talk less. All I do fits the description of being introvert.

As long as this isn't because you are on one of those kid ADHD (or whatever they want to call it these days) drugs you shouldn't worry.

Being an introvert usually doesn't spark deviant behavior or anything ultra psychotic...aside from maybe too many cats.

Tyler
  • Tyler

[rain]

• Unknown

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

I absolutely love people. There's not a day goes by that I'm not marveled in some way by our species, be it something we've done, some facet of our existence, some particular person, some invention or some possibility I see us heading towards. That said, I cannot be in social situations for an extended amount of time. Not that I'm shy or antisocial. When I am out and about I tend to get along well with everyone, and meeting new people is a fantastic experience for me.

All that said, I just can't do it often. Something in me clicks when I'm not alone enough. I become unhinged, I start to become malicious with others and manipulate them because I'm unsatisfied. In a way I get intrusive thoughts, but the thoughts are more or less entirely accepted by me consciously, and I indulge them the further I go.

For this reason I've had to restrict myself from extended social situations. Once I realized this about myself I became much happier as a person. I'm not sure exactly what causes it to happen to me. I gain an immense sense of satisfaction from being able to explore things when I'm alone or with one specific choice person as my equal. Those moments of solitude are what keep me going, mostly because I'm allowed to push the boundaries of what I know or think I know, or just reflect on what people have said to me since my last time being alone.

Anyway I don't really know the whole picture. I know that I'm prone to solitude but that I love people regardless of that. There's just some personal thing about me that disconnects me from others. My nerves become frayed for no reason. I don't doubt that my massive ego and eccentric behavior has something to do with it, but I don't know where the connections lie.

OP, for practical reasons I would say you need to keep a social agenda. Make sure you're etching your place in your circle of friends, and do good deeds for them. Talk to strangers regularly because they often have viewpoints you wouldn't have (and couldn't have) considered. It's as simple as greeting your waiter more personally than they're used to. People love to talk, and you should use that to make them happy. If you don't consider your preference for solitude to be bad, then just hone it by doing something productive when you can help it. Doesn't really matter what, just keep yourself disciplined and don't get lost in your own thoughts -- that can lead to a lot of problems for people. 

• Joe Chip, Criѕtian and Ermac. like this

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

Let's all take advice from the Alpha-male with a Pokemon avatar.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

What if you want not to be introverted?

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

there's probably such a thing as Type A and Type B personality, but it's not like every person who is an extravert is automatically an asshole-douchebag.

there are plenty of so-called Alpha Males who also treat everyone with respect :pp

A dick, yes, but an honest dick.

I only show respect to people who respect themselves. If you're fat, you have NO self-respect. But, who needs my respect anyways? Just as other people are to me, I'm sure I'm irrelevant to them. But they should WANT to excel in every part of life. Why would you want to be mediocre in anything?

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

F63, you're a scum of this world.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

F63, you're a scum of this world.

Confirmed fatty and/or mediocre peasant.

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

A dick, yes, but an honest dick.

I only show respect to people who respect themselves. If you're fat, you have NO self-respect. But, who needs my respect anyways? Just as other people are to me, I'm sure I'm irrelevant to them. But they should WANT to excel in every part of life. Why would you want to be mediocre in anything?

There's a difference between being a dick & an honest one? 

you sound real shallow,lol. what is self respect? it's basically having dignity and morals,and telling yourself you've got this. non of this being "alpha" stuff is going to help you acquire them without the right mindset. 

I'm an aesthetic guy,and i do have a few friends/people that i know of who're fat. if anything,they're fun to be around with and i respect them just like how i do with everyone else. and usually i'm a guy who's all for free opinions,but you clearly have your thoughts up in your rear,hence why i had to respond. you need to ease up and open your eyes a tad bit more mate,lol. and yes,we do know of your e-peens existence,lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users