108 replies to this topic
Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

From Wikipedia:

Introversion is "the state of or tendency toward being wholly or predominantly concerned with and interested in one's own mental life".

I don't feel like talking to anyone but with myself most of the time. I just can't stand people around me (not in a bad way). I want to stay inside my house and not interact with the society. I think more and talk less. All I do fits the description of being introvert.

I sometimes wonder if I am thinking wrongly or is it I an being misleaded somewhere wrong. I don't regret being more of a conserver though. It's pretty easy.

Anyways, are there any introverts here in this forum? Do you think its ok being like this?

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

I used to think like that until one day I woke up and realized that I didn't have any friends. I then though of the lovely idea to try and make a few. Needless to say it didn't go very well. After living alone in your own world for the majority of your life you will quickly realize that you lack most, if not all, social skills. It became a real messy situation from there too. Sometimes, most of the time, people who I would have considered my friend didn't consider me one of theirs. It makes me feel like that one guy in all the Christmas movies who is always on the outside of the house looking in through the window. I'm jealous of what all the other people have and I want it for myself. It seems, for me at least, like my life is nothing but a fools game that was rigged to fail from the start. As to answer your question, I don't know, but it can sure feel that way sometimes.  

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

Do you think its ok being like this?

no.

it's obviously wrong.

you should immediately commit suicide lest your abominable nature begin to rub off on the rest of us alpha-dogs.

• OG Sunny and Shah Sam like this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:24 AM Edited by gtaxpert, 13 November 2013 - 10:29 AM.

no.

it's obviously wrong.

you should immediately commit suicide lest your abominable nature begin to rub off on the rest of us alpha-dogs.

shut the f*ck up

On topic: It's oke as long as you are happy with it. If you feel lonely but don't know how to make friends then it's a problem. And it's a problem that is hard to solve. If you have the courage to go out there and try to be social, have some awkward experiences (that's always part of it), and learn from them, then you will definitely improve.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, 018361, orbitalraindrops and 2 others like this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

no.

it's obviously wrong.

We might be a liability to the society but maybe we can be useful to it. We might just have an idea to stop all these maddness of war and corruption. Many great people were introverts once. In the end, it is you people who should give us more self-esteem instead of denying our existence.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

I don't think if consider this being introvert. In my case, a couple years ago I got sick of people not listening me when I was talking to them while I politely listened to their uninteresting sh*t and if it was necessary, laughed at their bad jokes. So I stoped talking.

When I needed to say something, I said it. But kept myself things that I knew people wouldn't care about (like many of the things that they talked to me). So I became something more quiet.

• 018361 likes this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

I don't think if consider this being introvert. In my case, a couple years ago I got sick of people not listening me when I was talking to them while I politely listened to their uninteresting sh*t and if it was necessary, laughed at their bad jokes. So I stoped talking.

When I needed to say something, I said it. But kept myself things that I knew people wouldn't care about (like many of the things that they talked to me). So I became something more quiet.

Yeah, it happens a lot of time with me as well. I just act like a dumb tree and they ignore me. I kinda feel sad but, hey, its better than hearing their self boasting crap. You might be just a quiet person but if you have good friends now then you are lucky and safe.

• RoadRunner71 likes this

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

Despite the fact that I'm shy, I don't consider myself an introvert; I love being in the company of others.

Unless it borders on narcissism, there's nothing wrong with introversion.

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

It's not "wrong",but it isn't healthy either. Is there any particular reason for you not to like interacting with others though?

A quote that I came across awhile back:

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"

:p

• 018361 likes this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

It's not "wrong",but it isn't healthy either. Is there any particular reason for you not to like interacting with others though?

Hahaha, good quote.

And, I do have problems with people outside there playing 'Pick a friend, have fun, dump them'. Just thinking about it like that makes me go in rage. I can't believe that they are trying to make friends just because they want to be entertained. Boring people according to them are ignored. Then those boring people turn into introverts and geeks. I am boring sometimes but I want you all to laugh as well. If only they would understand...

• 018361 likes this

Zizo008
  • Zizo008

Back.

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

I think you were socially awkward for a long time, which made you look at people that way and try to justify your current state, i've been there. Once you have a good group of friends you'll be a totally different person.

• 018361 likes this

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hahaha, good quote.

And, I do have problems with people outside there playing 'Pick a friend, have fun, dump them'. Just thinking about it like that makes me go in rage. I can't believe that they are trying to make friends just because they want to be entertained. Boring people according to them are ignored. Then those boring people turn into introverts and geeks. I am boring sometimes but I want you all to laugh as well. If only they would understand...

That's something you're going to have to deal with honestly :p. You might have hundreds of friends,but the ones who're going to be there? You'd know for yourself. Parties,or any social events. You meet tons of people,and some of them you'll be acquainted with. If i could count how many of my friends would honestly be there regardless,it'll only be about 5. That's the value of having awesome mates that you can rely on. :D Just keep in mind that not every person you meet is going to be someone who'll be friends with you on the long run.

Start socializing mate :p

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

@Saint_: Having 5 reliable friends is more than enough mate. I have tried to socialize but it just feels weird to suddenly go and barf out to someone I know well that I want to be his friend. People in my society judge a person how cool he is. "I am also cool, I kill thousands of pedestrains and cops everyday in GTA 3", is not a good way to provoke friendship. All my folks in class like to abuse each other adding 'mother' in front of every slang; which I find difficult to like.

@others: Thanks for your advices and experience. But, in India, people are all violent and hard to talk with. I wish they had the British patience and maturity. I will still try my best to gain confidence and change. But until then, its all daydreaming and self-talking.

Though, I would like to hear more of you lads on how introverts are good/bad. :)

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

India? No offense, but wasn't there a whole protest thing there that was the complete opposite of violence? When I think of violence India really isn't the first place to come to mind. 

BTW If you found any of what I posted above offensive that is usually why I can't make friends. I really don't know when to keep my mouth shut. Well, actually, i'm generally a very quiet person until I become comfortable being around people. This is also why I have trouble making friends because I either say all the wrong things or I have to re-adjust to them, thus making any form of communication incredibly awkward. 

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Rising from the ashes

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 13 November 2013 - 02:16 PM.

But, in India, people are all violent and hard to talk with. I wish they had the British patience and maturity

Uh..no. You're generalizing. There's nothing wrong in being introvert but blaming others for your situation is wrong. My younger brother is 15 and as far as I know him, he doesn't involve in abusive language even when his friends do. I can't say that the same goes for me, because I do. That's my choice. What I want to say is that everyone is going to be judgemental, including you and your best friends. Consider this normal and you won't feel introvert (that is if you don't want to feel introvert.)

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

But, in India, people are all violent and hard to talk with. I wish they had the British patience and maturity

Uh..no. You're generalizing. There's nothing wrong in being introvert but blaming others for your situation is wrong. My younger brother is 15 and as far as I know him, he doesn't involve in abusive language even when his friends do. I can't say that the same goes for me, because I do. That's my choice. What I want to say is that everyone is going to be judgemental, including you and your best friends. Consider this normal and you won't feel introvert (that is if you don't want to feel introvert.)

I am not suing indians for my problems, they are just pretty different from guys here and it makes me feel weird to not feel maturity in them (well, some of you guys have it). They are happy folks sometimes but with the people I live around are all about popularity. I want to feel normal but I also want to feel special at the same time. And perhaps being an introvert is how I make myself feel special. I just can't make choice. I have to either choose to become normal (act like I give a f*ck about my society and follow its rules) or become more self-centered. And thats what this topic is about.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

shut the f*ck up

sarcasm-detector-o.gif

• Mister Kay, John Smith and JustOneMonth like this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Well, I am an introvert.

I wouldn't say being one is wrong. But I would prefer myself to be extrovert (is good around other people/likes their presence). Maybe in a place like a bar it would help to be drunk (too bad 1 year and 3 months to go to be legal age for that, duh).

I'm also much better with people on the Internet/places only using text and especially with text in English (which is not my main language, mind you), whatever that means... I'm probably an English-textovert... lol.

But for real, English and especially text-based communication is much easier than talking for me. It's also a qualification for being an introvert, I guess...

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

I am an introvert, but I believe it's becoming more than just that (social anxiety perhaps?) I feel much more motivated to do the things I love by myself like writing, cleaning, or anything productive. Although I enjoy the presence of people from time to time, I have to admit that my thoughts of company are worsening. It's becoming more of a hassle to communicate with people because my interests in what people generally find others to be interesting for are plummeting and I just feel that I'm better off by myself most of the time.

It's definitely not a wrong thing; it's not good either, anyone too far to the left or right of nearly anything are just going to have subjective thoughts so don't let anyone for or against it change your opinion on it. I'm only for it more now cause my views on people have altered a bit. :ph34r: :ph34r:

• WinterEdit likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

My best advice op, is to commit a crime, get sent to prison, and you'll quickly get over your introversion when your getting very friendly with somebody of whom you'll be spending the best part of 24 hours a day in a 6 by 8 room with. 

You'll come out on the other side more friendly than Jimmy Saville and more open than Freddie Mercury.

• Shah Sam likes this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

My best advice op, is to commit a crime, get sent to prison, and you'll quickly get over your introversion when your getting very friendly with somebody of whom you'll be spending the best part of 24 hours a day in a 6 by 8 room with. 

You'll come out on the other side more friendly than Jimmy Saville and more open than Freddie Mercury.

I have done what you said but instead of going to prison, I was sent to Siberia. Worse than prison but there are good folks there:

siberian-tiger-0007.jpg

Spoiler

On topic: @WinterEdit:. I am glad that I am not the only person who has adapted this kind of novel writing skill. :p

@Trinette: Being an introvert does means that you will face difficulties with communicating with others. You should be able to escape these mad feelings once you accept your friends. Though, I can't say that about myself. :/

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:09 PM Edited by Saint., 13 November 2013 - 06:11 PM.

@Saint_: Having 5 reliable friends is more than enough mate. I have tried to socialize but it just feels weird to suddenly go and barf out to someone I know well that I want to be his friend. People in my society judge a person how cool he is. "I am also cool, I kill thousands of pedestrains and cops everyday in GTA 3", is not a good way to provoke friendship. All my folks in class like to abuse each other adding 'mother' in front of every slang; which I find difficult to like.

@others: Thanks for your advices and experience. But, in India, people are all violent and hard to talk with. I wish they had the British patience and maturity. I will still try my best to gain confidence and change. But until then, its all daydreaming and self-talking.

Though, I would like to hear more of you lads on how introverts are good/bad. :)

Ah,the popularity game. It exists everywhere to be honest,lol. What you're doing here is generalizing like someone mentioned earlier mate :p. Is everyone really like that in your class? I'm sure there'll be someone who's deemed not "cool",and that person may be perfectly fine when conversing with. Being "cool" in high school isn't all that important. Having friends you can count on goes way beyond that. Have you tried any sport/activity that you can take part in? I honestly feel like that's the best way to make friends,through interest. 

Well, I am an introvert.

I wouldn't say being one is wrong. But I would prefer myself to be extrovert (is good around other people/likes their presence). Maybe in a place like a bar it would help to be drunk (too bad 1 year and 3 months to go to be legal age for that, duh).

I'm also much better with people on the Internet/places only using text and especially with text in English (which is not my main language, mind you), whatever that means... I'm probably an English-textovert... lol.

But for real, English and especially text-based communication is much easier than talking for me. It's also a qualification for being an introvert, I guess...

This just seems like you're afraid to step out of your shell to be honest :p.

I am an introvert, but I believe it's becoming more than just that (social anxiety perhaps?) I feel much more motivated to do the things I love by myself like writing, cleaning, or anything productive. Although I enjoy the presence of people from time to time, I have to admit that my thoughts of company are worsening. It's becoming more of a hassle to communicate with people because my interests in what people generally find others to be interesting for are plummeting and I just feel that I'm better off by myself most of the time.

It's definitely not a wrong thing; it's not good either, anyone too far to the left or right of nearly anything are just going to have subjective thoughts so don't let anyone for or against it change your opinion on it. I'm only for it more now cause my views on people have altered a bit. :ph34r: :ph34r:

I've faced this situation,in-fact I still am. I love writing poems & songs in my free-time. Thing is the only friends whom happened to know about it are my mates,and they're real cool with it,lol. To most of my other friends,they literally go "what the f*ck?". It's to be expected i guess :D

Thing is,like Trinette mentioned,it's not good or bad. but what i do feel that's important is the balance between being social and having your own time,doing your own stuff and enjoying it. If you do prefer to be alone for the most part,go ahead. But it's really best to not let it affect you when conversing with people/strangers,etc :p.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

You should get some Xanax if you really don't want to feel sh*t anymore.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

Well, I am an introvert.

This just seems like you're afraid to step out of your shell to be honest :p.

Heh, could be. But considering the definition of introvert in the Wikipedia article, I would say I am one. But of course it could be like you mentioned. I'd actually like it the way you said it a bit more, since it'd probably be easier to change. Maybe not much, but a little anyway. :)

Zotak
  • Zotak

Tom Hardy looks like me, or is it the other way?

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Damn, you're just a kid, you'll get over that state of mind when you grow up. It's not a mental illness or anything, you have to put some effort though.

What could happen if you interact and talk to some people? NOTHING, absolutly nothing, some folk will like you maybe others not so, don't be afraid, you don't have to be likeable to everybody.

Let people approach you, but choose well your friends.

Cheer up kid, you'll have plenty of friends if you want to.

Now get off your ass and get them girls.

Revenge of the Donut
  • Revenge of the Donut

Meh

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:53 PM Edited by Revenge of the Donut, 13 November 2013 - 10:00 PM.

no.

it's obviously wrong.

We might be a liability to the society but maybe we can be useful to it. We might just have an idea to stop all these maddness of war and corruption. Many great people were introverts once. In the end, it is you people who should give us more self-esteem instead of denying our existence.

If I were you I wouldn't even worry about justifying your existence to people like him, bullies/trolls aren't worth your time. At the end of the day you are here whether he likes it or not, 'alpha' s***s like him will just have to deal with it.

As for your introversy, there is nothing fundamentally 'wrong' with it so to speak, but it'd help your opportunities in life to get out there and socialise, you don't have to like it, but it serves a purpose and gets you to places in life, so if you do make the move to be more sociable, do it for yourself, not because the 'normal' people want you to. I'm speaking as something of an introvert myself, I've started socialising more recently and have picked up social skills, I still don't like it and prefer being by myself for the most part, but just think of it as a way of helping yourself, don't worry what anyone else thinks about it.

Like I said it's not wrong to be like this, it's who you are so don't beat yourself up for it, it is no way productive. However given that you're surrounded by social beings it does help to adapt a little and play it their way, for your own benefit more than anything, it's your choice though whether to you want to and how far you want to go with a social life, if you don't enjoy it then don't socialise any more than you have to, just do it for the perks.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 13 November 2013 - 10:14 PM.

shut the f*ck up

sarcasm-detector-o.gif

I understood that it might've been sarcasm. But it was completely lame regardless.

But I guess you are one of those people who makes pathetic comments online to get attention because you are lonely in real life.

• 727gta likes this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Private Dick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Well I don't think it's wrong but that's just like, you know, my opinion man. Unfortunately it seems that we live in a very extraverted society which can make life challenging for folks like us.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

If I were you I wouldn't even worry about justifying your existence to people like him, bullies/trolls aren't worth your time. At the end of the day you are here whether he likes it or not, 'alpha' s***s like him will just have to deal with it.
But I guess you are one of those people who makes pathetic comments online to get attention because you are lonely in real life.

^ dumb people.

http://dictionary.re...com/browse/joke

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

In reality? No. As perceived by those who like to say, "You're too quiet" or "You have no friends"? Yes.

I'm introverted at certain parts of the day and some people used to have a problem with me being so quiet and unengaged.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users