6 replies to this topic
prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

I've never actually used the minigun often
but when I did use it for awhile and died
the ammo is back to 0, is this how its supposed to be? or is it a bug?

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

when you die, you lose whatever ammo is currently loaded into the weapon

because the minigun doesnt reload, you lose everything if you die with it equipped. fairly balanced i say

Infin15
  • Infin15

_/|

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

You lose whatever is currently loaded into the weapon. For example, dying just after reloading the Combat Pistol means that you would lose 12 bullets. The Minigun holds all of it's ammo in one clip.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:37 AM Edited by AzraelX, 13 November 2013 - 05:38 AM.

You actually lose one full clip, no matter how much is currently loaded.

Losing Ammo Upon Death (Minigun, etc)

prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

ok ty for the answers
I appreciate it  :santa: 

/thread

IXBillyXI
  • IXBillyXI

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:44 AM Edited by IXBillyXI, 13 November 2013 - 05:46 AM.

I wouldn't say the minigun losing all ammo on death was for balance but an oversight in the coding. There is some things that rockstar has done that seems liek a lazy way to code things and this is just one of them. Just like many other parts of MP this was slapped together in a hurry and probably didn't test how much ammo the minigun loses on death. They probably assumed you wouldn't lose much and didn't bother to test this.

I will explain what i think is going on with the ammo loss:

As you are aware you have your ammo in the upper left in this format: [Remaining ammo] [Clip ammo]

The remaining ammo is in white text and the clip ammo is in grey text. When you die with lets say with the grenade launcher you lose 10 shots because the clip size is 10. Well the ammo is taken out of the ammo in WHITE text which is the remaining ammo of the gun. In the programming  the ammo loss is probably tide to the string callout for the clip size for the gun. With the minigun only having ammo in the WHITE TEXT part this is where the ammo gets taken out. With no info on clip size the function that removes ammo on death assumes the clip ammo = remaining ammo thus removing all ammo on death.

Like I said this is just an oversight with no proper testing so along with other bugs hopefully they know about this one and fix it eventually.

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

I definitely don't like it and for certain it's not fair. That's a huge expense just for dying one time. As for balance you already move slower and can't take cover while using it. You also can't shoot from behind anything above a certain height and you can't point up very high either compared to other weapons. Losing all the ammo for dying on top of that is just stupid. 

If you do happen to lose all your ammo the cheap way to get it back is to do a survival match to round 8 to 10 and when the mini guns spawn you can run over one to get your ammo back as long as the mini gun is totally empty. That's what I do anyway. Beats spending all that money to get it back. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users