Photo

Liberty City vs Los Santos

21 replies to this topic
_Nikolai_Bellic_
  • _Nikolai_Bellic_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

Which do you like better? A lot of people are the opposite of me, but I like Liberty City better. I love the big city feel to it. I bet the fact that I live in a rural area contributes to it. I also like the subway system and the apartment safe houses.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Yeah, we happy

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

Are we talking about the GTA III LC against SA's LS and/or GTA IV's LC against GTA V's LS? In any case I feel both old and new LCs sh*t on both renditions of LS.

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

I like both, so I can't say which I love more.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

As a New York City fan, it's obvious I like Liberty City more. Los Santos still feel more realistic to me, the buildings are more detailed, the highways are less boxy and the overall feeling if it is better. But I think LC feels more like NYC than LS feels like LA.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

3D era LC > 3D era LS
HD era LC > HD era LS

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

3D: Liberty City was better than San Andreas here. I liked the feeling the city gave off; an incredibly dark New York City. San Fierro comes in a close second, but you didn't ask about San Fierro. (Aside: I know the streets of 3D Los Santos really well though, so there's that.)

HD: Everything South and East of Vinewood was better than anything in IV, but Liberty City and Alderney beat out any other part of the city, hands down.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

Liberty City HD Era. It just feels believable. Los Santos feels fake and I can't really build any "good" remember-able memories on it at all.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

To honestly tell the truth. Liberty City feels like a real breathing city. While Los Santos doesn't have that feeling. Maybe its cause of the bright colors or the lack of criminal underground missions that IV had. 

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Yeah, we happy

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

To honestly tell the truth. Liberty City feels like a real breathing city. While Los Santos doesn't have that feeling. Maybe its cause of the bright colors or the lack of criminal underground missions that IV had. 

I'm shocked. I remember when you always moaned about LC lacking colour. Although it really doesn't. It just uses darker and sombre colours to fit the mood of the game. I agree though. The use of bright colours in GTA V makes LS feel fake as f*ck.

Walking the streets in both feels so differrent. In LS everything is so bright and cheerful it feels like Sims world. LC feels cold, dark and the peds all feel shady, untrusting and generally feel like assholes.

• Scaglietti likes this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

Liberty City HD Era. It just feels believable. Los Santos feels fake and I can't really build any "good" remember-able memories on it at all.

will la is fake so i say R did a pretty good job 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

will la is fake so i say R did a pretty good job 

People say this and I think they're full of sh*t. I doubt you've really lived there. Let me tell you, it does not feel as depicted in V. There is a lot more grime, ghetto, better music, the people aren't all fake and the rich neighborhoods don't feel as fake as they do in Los Santos.

Los Angeles, first of all, is a big city. Los Santos is the size of Liberty City without water, but it just feels small. Liberty City felt like a taste of New York in a smaller package. Los Santos feels like only a tee bit of a taste of Los Angeles mixed with some other bullsh*t. And I'm not going to lie, this may sound like nitpicking, but they did a poor job on the coloring for the landscapes. Go to Los Angeles any period between May - January and the hills will be a dryish yellow/light brown. It adds atmosphere because Southern California is dry, really, f*cking, dry. In V, for some reason all of the hills were green, the grass was green, it was poorly done in comparison to the real place.

Los Santos does not feel as close to Los Angeles as Liberty City did to New York.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 18 November 2013 - 01:31 PM.

I don't think LC felt real close to NYC, or at least after visiting New York City is what I thought.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

If you talk about the city itself... Liberty City(IV) wins, if you talk about the whole map... Los Santos(V) wins.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Have Y'all Forgot About Me?

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Los Santos is way better than LC.
In Both Rendition.
Both LC renditions look dead.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

LS looks alive in comparison to LC? Good joke pal.

• Scaglietti likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

Liberty City beats Los Santos in almost every way. I mean Los Santos could have been better. LC feels more alive, much bigger, more detailed, ped's activities are better, music, and LC looks closer to real NY while Los Santos doesn't really do that. It feels like it's not copy of real LA. As StingrayX said, Los Santos does not feel as close to Los Angeles as Liberty City did to New York. Remember Vice City, it was done excellent in almost every way for it's time. Atmosphere, music, peds clothes, cars, reflections, and even small city was good copy of Miami. Also don't forget it was back in 2002. I'm just saying LS could have been done better, as R* did with IV's LC.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

Los Santos is way better than LC.
In Both Rendition.
Both LC renditions look dead.

LC is dead in IV? Hm, because last time I checked, I was stuck in traffic in Lower Easton, gawking at the diverse medium-density apartments and offices, listening to the peds walking by talking about crazy/funny things. Did I say there were quite a number a peds walking by too?

Los Santos has better spawning... that is it. The peds don't move around lively enough, their conversations suck -- not to mention that they sound like they were voiced by morons who were paid 15 bucks -- and to be honest, I have seen two of the same peds right next to each other multiple times. That is very rare in IV. And there are a lot more cars on the street, but they all drive like idiots. The city noises aren't as noticeable, there are no nice little shops/interiors to get you immersed and get a feel for the city:

I like to tour cities and you go to shops and what not. I like interiors in a GTA because it helps me bond to the city more. I'm not the casual player who just goes around blowing sh*t up or speeding all of the time. When there are barely any interiors, the city begins to feel like a hollow shells. A bunch of useless, wasted, detail.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:54 PM Edited by Sasqui, 19 November 2013 - 05:57 PM.

Are we including just Los Santos or all of San Andreas (Blaine County, Paleto)? And likewise do we count just Liberty City or all of Liberty and Alderney?
I think Los Santos may be superior since most of Liberty City's magic comes from the Rotterdam Tower. Without that, LC is pretty plain and Los Santos beats it by a mile and a half since it is everything LC is and much much more.

If we are talking all of San Andreas vs all of Liberty and Alderney, I would say SA since Blaine County acts as the Dukes to Los Santos' Alderney and then on top of that San Andreas has the hood in south LS, Vinewood hills, Paleto, mountains, forests, real beaches and a wider range of people.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

That magic comes from a streets not from Rotterdam Tower. It's like saying III magic comes from AMCO building, which is plain bullsh*t. LC feels alive, with all these people walking, buying food, talking and doing all kinds of things. LS feels fake in comparison to LC. Something's happening there, but it's weak and boring in comparison to LC. 

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Yeah, we happy

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

The thing I've noticed with LS is the peds really don't do anything and when they do it's sort of isolated. I can be walking in Star Junction among a big crowd and see peds sweeping side walks, looking in shop windows, buying food etc all at the same time.

It all ties togther very well. LS is nothing like that.

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

If liberty city was bigger with a surrounding countryside then I'd say Liberty City. So LS for me.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

I'm LS born and raised, but one thing about modern day Los Santos is that it's lost some of it's soul compared to 90's Los Santos. Los Santos has always had a superficial Vinewood vibe in some parts of town, but we always had places like South Central and East LS to counteract and escape from the fake superficialness of West LS. 90's LS felt like a perfect mix of worlds. But modern day Los Santos feels like it is completely dominated by that superficial Vinewood/West Los Santos vibe ALL OVER THE CITY. It makes the whole city feel fake. Back in the 90's, Los Santos was my favorite place but now in the 2000's it's equal with LC because Los Santos lost its charm and "realness", the whole town is Vinewoodish now. Liberty City has more charm now, and every neighborhood seems to matter, modern day Los Santos is like one big giant blob.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users