Photo

16 players is way too many for races online

39 replies to this topic
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

If you play in a race with 16 douches, you know that it will be horrible.  Rockstar should make the races max at 8.  That way, we don't have to fight to get ahead by the time races are over.  All people do is spin each other out anyway.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

Sounds like fun to me. In races that large, a little chaos is understandable and fun.

• A J, JohnMcClainNYPD and S-M-O-K-E like this

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:14 AM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 13 November 2013 - 01:15 AM.

Free aim races = more mature players & less douches trying to PIT you. It does still happen, but not nearly as bad.

Any race with that many people is bound to have some paint swapping though. I enjoy fuller race lobbies. Makes things harder & more exciting.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

What does aim mode have to do with racing?

Oh, that's right. f*ck all :p

sparkydeltorro
  • sparkydeltorro

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

people who want a game based on skill are probably less likely to play cheap. makes sense

• S-M-O-K-E likes this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

False.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:16 AM Edited by Corrupt King, 13 November 2013 - 01:18 AM.

Next (Gen Console)
32 Players
Racing

Brace yourselves
  • Wolfhuman likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

Sometimes, if I'm in the mood, I really love these 16 player races because of how crazy it gets. The real satisfaction is knowing any win is TOTAL LUCK :)

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

Actually it has quite a bit to do with it. Young immature chaps like yourself tend to let the game play itself on AA while older more mature players tend to play on FA. Ive rarely had anyone intentionally try to take me out in a race playing on FA.
  • RAS_ZeroZ likes this

sparkydeltorro
  • sparkydeltorro

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

I just would like a ghost mode as an option

I love GTA races, but I can rarely find them. The PIT ruins normal races, it's just a lottery.

they go to so much effort to warn us about being bad sports and actually put together a terrible system for dealing with them

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

for cars, I think 8 is more then enought
but I never tried 8+ bike race

BloodRedSpark
  • BloodRedSpark

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:32 AM

people who want a game based on skill are probably less likely to play cheap. makes sense

Because not wanting to put yourself at a disadvantage makes you unskillful.

Yea, okay.

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

Had a few 16 players races last night, and they were awesome - mainly because people were actually racing and no rammers in sight.

The only thing that pisses me off is the laggy glitches when you're clear in front and the next second 3 cars jump in front of you.

That sucks

• WBaker likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

I have yet to have a race with over 10 people......

ZeroDivision
  • ZeroDivision

Veteran Survivor

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

If you play in a race with 16 douches, you know that it will be horrible.  Rockstar should make the races max at 8.  That way, we don't have to fight to get ahead by the time races are over.  All people do is spin each other out anyway.

Of course they're insane. That's the point.

Not really that hard to back out and find a new race if you're really that set against them.

prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

unless its a cross country triathlon which is hilarious if u could do it with 16 people  :lol:

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

I think it's awesome. Starting to get used to the crashing and stuff, so I lay low until they are finished with the first "big crash", then I slipstream everyone and win. I'm succeeding half the time.. Before I started to lay low I didn't succeed at all unless I was lucky.. Or had the heaviest car

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

Free aim races = more mature players & less douches trying to PIT you. It does still happen, but not nearly as bad.

Any race with that many people is bound to have some paint swapping though. I enjoy fuller race lobbies. Makes things harder & more exciting.

If by harder & more exciting you actually mean "a clusterf*ck of genetic mistakes ramming each other like the simple-minded quarter-wits they are", then yes, they are "harder & more exciting".

Sometimes, if I'm in the mood, I really love these 16 player races because of how crazy it gets. The real satisfaction is knowing any win is TOTAL LUCK :)

That's not satisfying at all.

Also, traffic needs to be off in the big races.  Lag is generally a problem.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

If you play in a race with 16 douches

by this logic, he himself is also a douche

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:17 AM Edited by Saint., 13 November 2013 - 09:24 AM.

You can't be serious mate,16 player races are the best,lol. Hell I wouldn't mind more :D

ChromeAdder
  • ChromeAdder

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

I can't even find 16 player races

Panicbacon
  • Panicbacon

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

I was In A 16 player GTA motorcycle race the other night and it was a totally blast. As soon as weapons were enabled,the world went crazy. Bullets flew everywhere and then I tossed a sticky bomb behind me into the mass of the pack and took out half the race while the rest of us continued the parade of destruction down the course. So much fun, way better than criminal records.

SiicKeX
  • SiicKeX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

unless its a cross country triathlon which is hilarious if u could do it with 16 people  :lol:

Grand Tour. 16 people. AWESOME

theface
  • theface

PSN: PaulTheFace

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Grand Tour. 16 people. AWESOME

Totally agree. Trying to get people to vote for anything other than the borefest of Down The Drain and Criminal Records is the hard bit. At least they're only 8 player races.

Sami Nitro
  • Sami Nitro

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

16 players works best in very long races (e.g. Grand Tour) or in GTA mode.

GTA mode is quite different though - it's also one of the few times I'd welcome catchup being on.  Even if I'm in first place, I kinda want someone to catch up with me so we can fight it out some more.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

Try Grand Tour Race with 16 players...EPIC!

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 13 November 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Metagaming is the epitome of skill. Metagaming is as cheap as you can get, if you think there are imaginary rules that need to be followed. You fail to understand that skill means win! No point in giving you any quarter now, is it?

It only makes sense if all in the lobby have the same idea about HONOR. But that is an entirely different problem.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Since no one else decided to mention why he said this, I will. If you have your gun aim set to free-aim in your options, it will also affect what race lobbies you join.

So people with Free-aim set as their shooting option will not see the same people in races as people with Auto-aim set.

For those never seeing a 16 player race, just choose to host "Commute": and let the auto-invite suck in all the rammers. :lol:

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

If you play in a race with 16 douches

by this logic, he himself is also a douche

Gotta play like a douche to beat the douches.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

16 players with traffic on is so rediculous. Taking turns in a big group with heavy nps traffic, It doesnt matter if ppl are trying to wreck each other or not. Its gonna happen the entire race. One person will get lucky and avoid it or just a really nice spin that keeps them in the right direction and get a big lead. the rest of the pack will continue to destroy each other and guarentee his victory, sh*t he can start obeying traffic laws and win

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users