Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there any news on the in game stock market?

169 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by theadmiral, 13 November 2013 - 11:42 PM.

SP numbers arent matching SC numbers. Yes your point there is valid. I agree.

SC numbers match (typically and are supposed to) between users on their specific platform. Proven by gnad & myself. My point is valid & proven. You agree.

I think its fair to say we have both provided enough evidence to keep us both happy regarding our individual points.

Sure, we can agree on that. If either of us wanted to pick straws im sure we could keep this going a bit longer, but I will settle for what you said there with the exception of one thing - There appears to be some sort of delay as was proven earlier when my social club did not match you and Gnad. Maybe it is time zone or something else, but i'm willing to accept that whatever it is is on my end since both of you lined up perfectly and Gnad appears to be Portugal or something.

I still don't know why mine was different.

For pure giggles we should take a single player screenshot in game at the same time later anyway.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

SC numbers match (typically and are supposed to) between users on their specific platform. Proven by gnad & myself. My point is valid & proven. You agree.

I think its fair to say we have both provided enough evidence to keep us both happy regarding our individual points.

You blew TheAdmiral out of the water. He wants to talk about the SP stock market which has NOTHING to do with the online Stock Market that would OBVIOUSLY be connected to all consoles. It would be a universal market that all players would be connected to.

Aside from TheAdmiral Single Player Stock market theories.....? Let's talk about the online stock market--It's not coming because of the people like me who have 300 million + with our online characters. I would turn that into a billion so fast it would make your head spin. After that, I could literally buy and sell players online. I would run online. 10K bounties every time. With 300 Million, I have to watch my spending somewhat. With a billion plus, I wouldn't ever think about it. Thus, when I give away 10k bounties ENDLESSLY -- the peasants who get my bounty reward don't have to buy shark cards. 

Thank you.

I agree with your entire post except for one point, unless im misunderstanding. The two consoles have, and will continue to have their own seperate global markets. Again, my theory/opinion, but is the likely case if it does ever come to GTA:O.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

You blew TheAdmiral out of the water. He wants to talk about the SP stock market which has NOTHING to do with the online Stock Market that would OBVIOUSLY be connected to all consoles. It would be a universal market that all players would be connected to.

Aside from TheAdmiral Single Player Stock market theories.....? Let's talk about the online stock market--It's not coming because of the people like me who have 300 million + with our online characters. I would turn that into a billion so fast it would make your head spin. After that, I could literally buy and sell players online. I would run online. 10K bounties every time. With 300 Million, I have to watch my spending somewhat. With a billion plus, I wouldn't ever think about it. Thus, when I give away 10k bounties ENDLESSLY -- the peasants who get my bounty reward don't have to buy shark cards. 

Thank you.

I agree with your entire post except for one point, unless im misunderstanding. The two consoles have, and will continue to have their own seperate global markets. Again, my theory/opinion, but is the likely case if it does ever come to GTA:O.

Yeah I do think PS3/Xbox have different markets. I almost said that but wasn't sure. 

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Sure, we can agree on that. If either of us wanted to pick straws im sure we could keep this going a bit longer, but I will settle for what you said there with the exception of one thing - There appears to be some sort of delay as was proven earlier when my social club did not match you and Gnad. Maybe it is time zone or something else, but i'm willing to accept that whatever it is is on my end since both of you lined up perfectly and Gnad appears to be Portugal or something.

For pure giggles we should take a single player screenshot in game at the same time later anyway.

Im also sure we could drag it out more but there is no need.

Your info not matching up was well documented in the Pisswasser thread i had linked earlier. As you said, not sure as to why, but there is certainly some sort of issue going on there. We may never know a reason for it.

Im still up for comparing in game shots later on tonight. I will simply be taking a pic with my phone, uploading straight to photobucket & linking to here.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by theadmiral, 13 November 2013 - 11:56 PM.

Im also sure we could drag it out more but there is no need.

Your info not matching up was well documented in the Pisswasser thread i had linked earlier. As you said, not sure as to why, but there is certainly some sort of issue going on there. We may never know a reason for it.

Im still up for comparing in game shots later on tonight. I will simply be taking a pic with my phone, uploading straight to photobucket & linking to here.

I'm reading something right now that claims your singleplayer bawsaq changes every time you sleep in singleplayer. Will have to check that out.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 14 November 2013 - 12:11 AM.

I know that after a Lester mission you can sleep to speed up time to have the effects of the mission take place faster instead of playing to have the in-game clock advance slowly.

Again, my theory on the Lester missions are that they trigger different coding to effect the market for X amount of time.

As far as sleeping doing anything besides that on the SP market, i cannot contribute any info without trying it out myself first. It may happen like that, but doesnt seem right if SC is supposed to be the host/source of the market info & nothing changes there. Intrigued though.

tazzy4u2
  • tazzy4u2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

Something that springs to mind from the Lester missions which someone touched on earlier (sorry on phone so don't know who said what).

The in game stock market in SP updates at I think 8am mon-fri game times This could explain the difference in game price to SC price.
Comparing prices when you log in to those on SC then sleeping till the stock market updates and comparing would show if SP and SC prices match. Could potentially explain why the admirals prices were different as the difference was only cents on every share.
I'm at work but I'll check if noone else has in about. 7 hours.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

Something that springs to mind from the Lester missions which someone touched on earlier (sorry on phone so don't know who said what).

The in game stock market in SP updates at I think 8am mon-fri game times This could explain the difference in game price to SC price.
Comparing prices when you log in to those on SC then sleeping till the stock market updates and comparing would show if SP and SC prices match. Could potentially explain why the admirals prices were different as the difference was only cents on every share.
I'm at work but I'll check if noone else has in about. 7 hours.

That is a very excellent point  - The stock market does NOT update on weekends in game. Huh. This just blew my mind more than anything in the past 6 pages. Maybe I logged in on a Saturday or something.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Indeed a very good point made by tazzy. This could explain quite a bit.

tazzy4u2
  • tazzy4u2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

OK home from work... some figures for you.

Thur 09:45 real time social club figures

AMU 555.99  BDG  6.47  LSC  1980.45   PIS  10.03    WZL  243.36

Sat 23:05 in game time 

AMU  556.07  BDG 5.94   LSC 1980.54   PIS 7.09    WZL  244.74

sleep and fast forward the game to monday morning and..... no change

fast fprward to tuesday to make sure.... no change

Load up my 5% Chop save and in game its Tue 2:40pm

Share prices are the same as the red prices

Sign in on my friends gamertag and start a new game.

Its now 10:20 am real time so I f5 and refresh SC

AMU  556..08   BDG  5.94   LSC  1980.54    PIS  7.09     WZL  244.75

10 minutes later after doing the intial crap and i can access the internet on a phone as Franklin and stock prices are.... exactly the same as in the last 2 attempts (the figures in red)

So the SC has updated presumably on the hour. In game hasnt but the prices are the same no matter what point in the game im at, 0% 5% or 72% completed.

Im not even sure in SP at what point the game would connect to the same place the SC does to update. IE could i play SP offline and see stock market fluctuations?

The prices however are far too similar.

As a thought i decide to log back into my 72% game to see if i can check highs/lows... i cant but i notice the stock pirces have changed. Its 10:53 real time and Tue 16:30 game time

AMU 556.17 (+0.12)   BDG 5.55(-0.81)   LSC  1979.96((-0.71)   PIS  5.65((-3.17)    WZL  245.41(+1.55)

none of the price movements make much sense :/

My conclusion.... i send an email to R* asking them to rename LCN to SNAFU and BAWSAQ to FUBAR

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

By the time Bawsaq is going up, no one is gonna be buying anything because everyone would have everything they already have. Except for weapons

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Thanks again tazzy. Some interesting stuff.

If you play SP ofline im pretty sure it will tell you BAWSAQ is unavailable.

Lol'd at the suggestion e-mail to R*

Bottom Gun
  • Bottom Gun

Formless

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by Bottom Gun, 14 November 2013 - 12:28 PM.

What's the point, if Rockstar of David ever implement stock market in online, they'll just make all the stocks take one big nosedive so people are basically throwing money down the drain, just like real life.

Pburke1
  • Pburke1

The Boss

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

Sorry if I come off as being pissed off. I guess I am.

Getting sick of the Glitching, cum eating Lady boys telling us that their ridiculous and callous online  behavior is "All good!" and "doesn't effect us"

Makes me want to puke.

Lol, so butthurt.

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:02 PM Edited by Calavera999, 14 November 2013 - 01:04 PM.

This is the reason I have shelved the game, I'll play it again if and when the stock market opens.

They did indeed say investing on GTA:O would be a thing, and they have left BAWSAQ in the money tab of the in game browser for a reason. 

However, I don't think they plan it to work in such a way that if you blow up assets of a company their share price falls, as lots of people assume. It would be MUCH more sensible and logical that the share prices are dictated by server usage and game stats, like for instance the power and water company rising in share price as more people are spending time in their safe houses (or possibly how many people are logging in to their servers to play the game), or clothes shops rising as more people are buying clothes. This would mean to make a return, we would have to predict future trends, such as investing in the clothes shops before the DLC comes out as everyone will be buying flip flops and swimming trunks. 

I also worry that they realised their user base are glitching cheating pricks and this is too much trouble so it's been scraped. 

• Gunner Eleven likes this

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

This is the reason I have shelved the game, I'll play it again if and when the stock market opens.

They did indeed say investing on GTA:O would be a thing, and they have left BAWSAQ in the money tab of the in game browser for a reason. 

However, I don't think they plan it to work in such a way that if you blow up assets of a company their share price falls, as lots of people assume. It would be MUCH more sensible and logical that the share prices are dictated by server usage and game stats, like for instance the power and water company rising in share price as more people are spending time in their safe houses (or possibly how many people are logging in to their servers to play the game), or clothes shops rising as more people are buying clothes. This would mean to make a return, we would have to predict future trends, such as investing in the clothes shops before the DLC comes out as everyone will be buying flip flops and swimming trunks. 

I also worry that they realised their user base are glitching cheating pricks and this is too much trouble so it's been scraped. 

Well, I agree with you about the purchasable items within the game may be market indicators, I don't agree with you that the glitching caused the BAWSAQ to close.

It's the Servers dude. 

dr.aqufresh
  • dr.aqufresh

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Well, I agree with you about the purchasable items within the game may be market indicators, I don't agree with you that the glitching caused the BAWSAQ to close.

It's the Servers dude. 

I seriously doubt it's the servers, since the server problems have been ironed out for the most part. It's almost definitely because of the glitchers, it would basically be the equivalent of  taking billions of dollars of fake cash (though no one can tell the difference) and investing it irl.  Tbh unless the ban hammer comes down I don't even want the stock market anymore :/

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

dr.aqufresh. 

The Servers are still wonky. The last title update 1.05 was still aimed at fixing SERVER issues. Don't even talk about IRL. I'm so sick of ignorant people making ridiculous comparisons. What you should do is compare it to other video games that have a stock market. Or just talk about virtual economies. You'd be surprised at how wrong you are.

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

If we do ever see it, i dont expect it any time soon. All $ glitches need to be taken care of first obviously.
Trying to stay optimistic though.

its almost too late to solve the glitching issues. So many players are filthy rich since R* didnt patch that asap.
I think opening the BAWSAQ would even out the playing field by allowing everyone to get rich, not just glitchers.
  • Gunner Eleven likes this

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

If we do ever see it, i dont expect it any time soon. All $ glitches need to be taken care of first obviously.
Trying to stay optimistic though.

its almost too late to solve the glitching issues. So many players are filthy rich since R* didnt patch that asap.
I think opening the BAWSAQ would even out the playing field by allowing everyone to get rich, not just glitchers.

Finally, some common sense. Why is it so hard for people to envision a scenario where the BAWSAQ will make some people rich and others poor. If the Casino rumors are true, will we hear from crybabies that there are too many high rollers playing poker. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users