Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there any news on the in game stock market?

169 replies to this topic
S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Touche. Didnt think that one through completely lol. Joys of posting in a rush while at work.

You surely can understand why im more concerned with the SC numbers though given my reasons.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

This is not true, the value of shares in single player is different on every persons console. For example, if you do a kill job for Lester and yours skyrockets, this is not the case on everyone elses system. We can take screenshots right now from SP and all of our values will be different.

Then please explain how the Pisswasser stock was effected by people dumping large amounts of $ into it & the price followed by TONS of people with everyone seeing the same numbers.

The Lester missions obviously just change the coding of the specific stock for a predetermined amount of time for just your console.

Only differences in BAWSAQ are the two seperate consoles.

Try again moron.

Please reread this little exchange that started this and you will see that the discussion that resulted has proven that you were not exactly correct, especially considering we were clearly talking about "SP"

If I was to guess your reasons for being concerned with the SC numbers, it would be that you are assuming if a stock market is ever put into GTAO it will use the numbers on the social club, which is a reasonable assumption. Having different values on each persons game (like singleplayer does) would make absolutely zero sense in an online environment.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

I was always having the SC portion in mind not SP. The Lester missions i mentioned, as you had mentioned them as well & that was something which i did & still believe you were incorrect about.

Your second paragraph above is spot on. The different numbers in-game, on the same console must play a factor in the reason BAWSAQ isnt available online.

Pigeon420
  • Pigeon420

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Admiral, you should check out this site: https://gtavstocks.com

There you can track every stock and it's history. You should be able to check the previous images.

I haven't bother to check, but I'm guessing there is some correlation to be found?

You may also find more people to discuss the markets with on their forum :)

Here's a few reasons the admin gives, that may explain the fluctuations we see between in-game BAWSAQ and SC.

https://gtavstocks.c...s&p=197#post197

• Gunner Eleven likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

There you can track every stock and it's history. You should be able to check the previous images.

I haven't bother to check, but I'm guessing there is some correlation to be found?

Here's a few reasons the admin gives, that may explain the fluctuations we see between in-game BAWSAQ and SC.

Interesting, I will check out that site in depth and look at some more of the threads - However, the final link you posted is discussing why his own personal tracker does not match up with in game, not the actual social club.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it . Will report in if I find anything concrete over there.

Halver7
  • Halver7

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Haven't read all the thread so it may have been said. But I dont think stock market will open until all money exploits are patched and economy settles. Its too easy to manipulate right now.

Spurlger
  • Spurlger

The sperm that got away..

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

I dont think stock market will open until all money exploits are patched and economy settles.

Which will be never then..!

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

I was always having the SC portion in mind not SP. The Lester missions i mentioned, as you had mentioned them as well & that was something which i did & still believe you were incorrect about.

So your entire argument and the insults, etc was all based off you misreading the part where I clearly said SP? Wow, this now feels even more futile and fruitless than a normal argument on the internet. LOL.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

My entire arugument was to prove to you that we all connect to one source of info for stock prices which was proved by gnad & my images from SC matching 100%.

The Lester agrument was just another opportunity to prove you wrong once again.

Someone is certainly misreading posts here.....

Pigeon420
  • Pigeon420

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

There's a image that always pop up in my mind when I see a long argument on the internet.

I'm not going to link to it, because some may find it offensive. But if you're curious, google image-search for 'arguing on the internet', it should be the first one that pops up :)

DEFR0B0T
  • DEFR0B0T

I'm back bitches

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

Uhh Do people not get that the Social Club is updated in real time while in game it only syncs with the servers every hour or so? As for people having different prices to the social club that is because the social club syncs with the server in real time as opposed to the game syncing every hour. So in fact you can use the social club as a guide of what is going to go up and what is going to go down.

• S-M-O-K-E likes this

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 13 November 2013 - 08:05 PM.

Would like that ^^ post twice if i could.

Also, why was SP brought up in a thread you started about the online portion of the market, in the online section?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 13 November 2013 - 08:27 PM.

Thanks tazzy.

My whole point behind that was that people everywhere were seeing the same prices for the stock, making the good admiral's claim of all consoles showing different numbers null & void. As i had previously stated, the two consoles were seperate, but globally it was the same.

We dont know for sure if it was swayed by people dumping trillions into it or not, but that was not my point.

I highly doubt they will have a seperate BAWSAQ for GTA online. BAWSAQ for SP already is online so they would have to create a whole secondary market for online which i cant imagine they will.

Also, why was SP brought up in a thread you started about the online portion of the market, in the online section?

He was talking about both.

SP and MP are two different issues. One is unique to one console and is influenced by said user actions. The other - MP - is the same for everybody, but unclear how it will work. Either by buy-sell, supply - demand, or a more simpler method - Rockstar controlled and trends based on whatever side Rockstar had it in that particular morning.

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for posting those links. That's where I'm headed to talk stocks.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

Thanks tazzy.

My whole point behind that was that people everywhere were seeing the same prices for the stock, making the good admiral's claim of all consoles showing different numbers null & void. As i had previously stated, the two consoles were seperate, but globally it was the same.

We dont know for sure if it was swayed by people dumping trillions into it or not, but that was not my point.

I highly doubt they will have a seperate BAWSAQ for GTA online. BAWSAQ for SP already is online so they would have to create a whole secondary market for online which i cant imagine they will.

He was talking about both.

SP and MP are two different issues. One is unique to one console and is influenced by said user actions. The other - MP - is the same for everybody, but unclear how it will work. Either by buy-sell, supply - demand, or a more simpler method - Rockstar controlled and trends based on whatever side Rockstar had it in that particular morning.

I highly doubt R* will make another seperate BAWSAQ just for online and have it be the same for everyone, assuming you mean both consoles.

I believe there will only ever be one BAWSAQ market, available to SP & MP but be console specific. My theory.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 13 November 2013 - 08:47 PM.

I wasn`t clear enough:

Sp is unique to each console unit. Example: My SP BAWSAQ is different than yours.

MP will probably be universal and tied to Social Club values - universal for everything: current-gen, next-gen, PC. Example: A Xbox 360 will buy at the same price as a PS4 (let`s assume it will exist a PS4 version), just as it will be the same price for PC.

That`s my theory, anyway.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

We are talking about a SP BAWSAQ because a MP BAWSAQ does not even exist. There is only one stock market in GTA Online and it is the single player one that is different on everyones console.

If we get a MP one, which I doubt we will, then I believe that everything you (SMOKE) has been saying will be correct.

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Why did you post your question in the Online forum?

Kinda wasted my time and everyone elses.

No biggy. Don't take it personally, ...

Just a waste of my time is all...

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 13 November 2013 - 09:15 PM.

Edit: Reached my like quota for the day (stupid idea BTW) but i like the above post.

We are talking about a SP BAWSAQ because a MP BAWSAQ does not even exist. There is only one stock market in GTA Online and it is the single player one that is different on everyones console.

If we get a MP one, which I doubt we will, then I believe that everything you (SMOKE) has been saying will be correct.

Confused as to why this is in the online section if you were only talking about SP BAWSAQ. Isnt the only stock market ever intended for GTA:O the BAWSAQ market or have i totally missed an available LCN for GTA:O?

Sorry your first paragraph is confusing & contradicting saying "There is only one stock market in GTA Online and it is the single player one".

Glad to see we are finally on the same page regarding a GTA:O BAWSAQ if it ever comes to fruition.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

If you are confused, please read the op and page one again and see how you diverted the conversation to this by insulting people.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

No need to reread anything. You started this thread talking about the GTA:O market which doesnt exsist at this point. Somewhere in here you switched to talking about SP market while i was only using it as a referance to prove a point. If anyone diverted this to a SP market discussion it was yourself.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

No need to reread anything. You started this thread talking about the GTA:O market which doesnt exsist at this point. Somewhere in here you switched to talking about SP market while i was only using it as a referance to prove a point. If anyone diverted this to a SP market discussion it was yourself.

I corrected a point that one poster made about the SP market, you came in and started calling people morons, and then it devolved into this. If you would prefer to get this back on topic, or not discuss the single player market (that you originally made points and insulted people about) we can definitely just agree to disagree and move on.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 13 November 2013 - 10:58 PM.

The point that poster made was a true statement which i supported with evidence, and was used with referance intentions only. You attempted to correct him but your theory has no backing. Your only point that has some worth is that in-game market numbers will differ from console to console which is also proven by your screenshot not matching the ones posted my gnad & me. Which in turn all supports the fact the system is broken.

You were the only one i insulted, which i apologized for. Let it go.

Back on topic of a non-exsistant GTA:O market? What is there to talk about? We have no idea if or when it will ever come to fruition as already stated.

Once again, as already stated in a post of mine on the first page, im trying to stay optimisic that we will one day see it become active. Many other issues to resolve with the game before that happens.

DoubleDownDon
  • DoubleDownDon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

I believe the baswaq are related. I think it is more that our consoles and the social club do not "refresh" or reload at the same time.

Now i haven't checked it out extensively but the times i have the values have been close. As i believe everyone else's is as well.

So I do believe that the SC and our single player games are pulling data from the same source and that our consoles and the social club are not pulling that data at the same time.

Now i could be completely wrong here but that is my assumption on how it works.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

The point that poster made was a true statement which i supported with evidence, and was used with referance intentions only. You attempted to correct him but your theory has no backing. Your only point that has some worth is that in-game market numbers will differ from console to console which is also proven by your screenshot not matching the ones posted my gnad & me. Which in turn all supports the fact the system is broken.

You were the only one i insulted, which i apologized for. Let it go.

Back on topic of a non-exsistant GTA:O market? What is there to talk about? We have no idea if or when it will ever come to fruition as already stated.

Once again, as already stated in a post of mine on the first page, im trying to stay optimisic that we will one day see it become active. Many other issues to resolve with the game before that happens.

To be fair I have still seen no evidence that shares can be manipulated in the in game system - That thread shows absolutely nothing - We have come to more concrete conclusions in this thread than in all 141 pages of that other one.

The point that you say is my only point with some worth is my ENTIRE point, that has been made since page one - That the numbers are different on each players system and not consistent across the board.

If it is intentional or if the system is broken, we can only speculate and the answer to that does not change my point.

My OP was just asking if anyone has any news about it and what you all think about if it will come or if it will not come. Why has rockstar gone totally quiet on it while they continue to say other things like "heists" are coming soon? Why was it promised and what made them decide to completely can it?

You already answered by blaming glitchers and so did the other guy who was throwing around insults - Canucks whatever, by saying that it is due to "cum drinking lady boy glitchers".

If other people have any opinions or news about it, I would love to hear them.

dr.aqufresh
  • dr.aqufresh

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

BTW, call of duty got their record back on the first day... they made the sales R* did in 3 on 1. I am sad.

No they didn't.. They made 1 billion in sales to retailers, the record R* broke was for sales to consumers

ViolentRumble
  • ViolentRumble

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

BTW, call of duty got their record back on the first day... they made the sales R* did in 3 on 1. I am sad.

No they didn't.. They made 1 billion in sales to retailers, the record R* broke was for sales to consumers

jiFfM.jpg

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

SP numbers arent matching SC numbers. Yes your point there is valid. I agree.

SC numbers match (typically and are supposed to) between users on their specific platform. Proven by gnad & myself. My point is valid & proven. You agree.

I think its fair to say we have both provided enough evidence to keep us both happy regarding our individual points.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Sorry if I come off as being pissed off. I guess I am.

Getting sick of the Glitching, cum eating Lady boys telling us that their ridiculous and callous online  behavior is "All good!" and "doesn't effect us"

Makes me want to puke.

Yeah back when glitching started out I was kinda put off by how widely accepted it was, its kinda pathetic. Defeats the whole point of an online community if everyone takes away the rewards and such. There becomes nothing to strive for and everyone is just playing in an empty shell.

• Canucks555 likes this

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:39 PM Edited by GTAPhilly1, 13 November 2013 - 11:40 PM.

SP numbers arent matching SC numbers. Yes your point there is valid. I agree.

SC numbers match (typically and are supposed to) between users on their specific platform. Proven by gnad & myself. My point is valid & proven. You agree.

I think its fair to say we have both provided enough evidence to keep us both happy regarding our individual points.

You blew TheAdmiral out of the water. He wants to talk about the SP stock market which has NOTHING to do with the online Stock Market that would OBVIOUSLY be connected to all consoles. It would be a universal market that all players would be connected to.

Aside from TheAdmiral Single Player Stock market theories.....? Let's talk about the online stock market--It's not coming because of the people like me who have 300 million + with our online characters. I would turn that into a billion so fast it would make your head spin. After that, I could literally buy and sell players online. I would run online. 10K bounties every time. With 300 Million, I have to watch my spending somewhat. With a billion plus, I wouldn't ever think about it. Thus, when I give away 10k bounties ENDLESSLY -- the peasants who get my bounty reward don't have to buy shark cards. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users