Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there any news on the in game stock market?

169 replies to this topic
SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:53 AM

I don't know. Honestly, I have this sinking feeling that they may put the kibosh on it, but at the same time, if they created a cap on how much money you can invest/earn on a given stock, then I'd say that's a fair compromise. I think their cash cards are a load of crap, but they want them, and if that means we gotta make compromises to get the stock market then I'll still take them. Even if you can't make billions, I'd at least like them to add the feature - even if it's gimped.

tazzy4u2
  • tazzy4u2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Sauce

http://gtaforums.com...dollar-into-it/

Have a read through that.

141 pages? Could you please highlight some posts for me that prove your point? Otherwise, failing that, lets log in right now to SP and post up share values from different stocks and see if they line up.

Keep in mind, this is the same forum where there are dozens and dozens of pages about a cheaters pool, confirming it, when it does not exist.

OK i skimmed through that thread (i tend to read my iphone for 30-60mins before i get up in the morning). Bear in mind i only skimmed through the thread so i may well of missed vital info.

All I could gather from the thread was

PIS dropped in value from day 1.

People bought PIS at this low value of about $2

PIS increased in value (but never to anywhere near day 1 price) and people sold it.

People have repeated with other stocks.

Several things from this which i conclude (NOT definate)

there was no definitive proof that the stock was affected by peoples investment,  the stock could be rising and falling due to a natural ingame setting. The investments could of been coincidence.

There are meant to be many factors influencing stock prices if they are implemented ... ie lots of people buying pis ingame would increase the price... or hijacking pis trucks would decrease the price.

The prices of PIS seemed to be the same for everyone and was only different on xbox/ps3 not different on individual consoles, which could suggest a market influence, but also as the prices were fairly similar on both vonsoles could also suggest an ingame setting. If they had done the test on xbox only and left ps3 as a control market there might of been a better result.

Now assuming that you can influence the stock market in such a way (parts of that thread definately "suggest" you can) this would explain why its not active in MP. I would simply buy PIS with my 500k online $ while it was cheap. Log into SP and buy $3billion worth of PIS then reap the rewards in online.

Also the millions of hacked and glitched $ in game would also ruin the stock market.

You could conclude the stock market is offline till they can seperate MP from SP, till they sort the glitched/hacked money issue or simply for other reasons we arent aware of.

Glad to be of no help what so ever ;)

• S-M-O-K-E likes this

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:16 AM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 13 November 2013 - 11:57 AM.

Thanks tazzy.

My whole point behind that was that people everywhere were seeing the same prices for the stock, making the good admiral's claim of all consoles showing different numbers null & void. As i had previously stated, the two consoles were seperate, but globally it was the same.

We dont know for sure if it was swayed by people dumping trillions into it or not, but that was not my point.

I highly doubt they will have a seperate BAWSAQ for GTA online. BAWSAQ for SP already is online so they would have to create a whole secondary market for online which i cant imagine they will.

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Sauce

http://gtaforums.com...dollar-into-it/

Have a read through that.

141 pages? Could you please highlight some posts for me that prove your point? Otherwise, failing that, lets log in right now to SP and post up share values from different stocks and see if they line up.

Keep in mind, this is the same forum where there are dozens and dozens of pages about a cheaters pool, confirming it, when it does not exist.

OK i skimmed through that thread (i tend to read my iphone for 30-60mins before i get up in the morning). Bear in mind i only skimmed through the thread so i may well of missed vital info.

All I could gather from the thread was

PIS dropped in value from day 1.

People bought PIS at this low value of about $2

PIS increased in value (but never to anywhere near day 1 price) and people sold it.

People have repeated with other stocks.

Several things from this which i conclude (NOT definate)

there was no definitive proof that the stock was affected by peoples investment,  the stock could be rising and falling due to a natural ingame setting. The investments could of been coincidence.

There are meant to be many factors influencing stock prices if they are implemented ... ie lots of people buying pis ingame would increase the price... or hijacking pis trucks would decrease the price.

The prices of PIS seemed to be the same for everyone and was only different on xbox/ps3 not different on individual consoles, which could suggest a market influence, but also as the prices were fairly similar on both vonsoles could also suggest an ingame setting. If they had done the test on xbox only and left ps3 as a control market there might of been a better result.

Now assuming that you can influence the stock market in such a way (parts of that thread definately "suggest" you can) this would explain why its not active in MP. I would simply buy PIS with my 500k online $ while it was cheap. Log into SP and buy $3billion worth of PIS then reap the rewards in online.

Also the millions of hacked and glitched $ in game would also ruin the stock market.

You could conclude the stock market is offline till they can seperate MP from SP, till they sort the glitched/hacked money issue or simply for other reasons we arent aware of.

Glad to be of no help what so ever ;)

Nice post Tazzy. I would invest heavily in the notion that "reasons we aren't aware of".  People seem to conveniently forget that shark cards and the BAWSAQ were disabled on Oct 1. The money glitch, as well as others, weren't discovered at this time. 

I'm in the camp that says, there will be other market influences beyond stock traders. I can only make wild guesses, but purchasable items (like pisswasser from the convenience stores) could also be a factor in the rise or fall of a stock's price.

• S-M-O-K-E likes this

MikeNielson616
  • MikeNielson616

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

So you are saying that people that have billions in game (more than you can spend) are the reason there is no stock market, because they could turn their billions (more than they could spend) into more billions (More than they could spend)? Why are you being so insulting, BTW? I made a post to try to get insight into this.

I somehow doubt the stock market was going to be advanced enough for share prices to be screwed up by a glitcher investing a ton.

It isn't about the extra money they would get, it is about the fact that if the stock market will work how they said it will work online, then it would create an unbalanced market.  It would be like on Wall Street if some people came in with tons of fake cash that no one could tell was fake and bought up all the stocks.  Sure, they wouldn't profit from it because they already had more than they could spend, but it would affect the prices of other peoples stocks, which is how glitchers would f*ck up the stock market.

tl;dr... It isn't about the fact that they'd make money, they would make the start market loose its balance.

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

I honestly hope it never takes off, no real use for it now. The people that glitched billions of dollars will simply flood it and make all of the stock some crazy expensive price that the rest of us could never afford anyway.

So why even mess with it? It will just get ruined like everything else.

I wanted to offer another perspective - one that will actually help the GTA Online community.  First, in terms of the BAWSAQ, you have to disregard where the money originated. It's money and it spends. Don't let emotions affect your gaming strategy. Secondly, with reported "billions" of "extra" "Stimulus" inside of GTA Online, the only way the community will benefit is from a stock market.  If I were to buy an expensive apartment or car with my money, that doesn't help anyone but me. But if I invest that money into the stock market that could potentially help others that invested. 

Now to the point of glitchers manipulating the stock market. It reminds me of what Warren Sapp (of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers) said back in 2002 about playing a playoff game in Philly, "It's cold for them too". Here's what I mean: If a group of evil, immoral, glitchers are planning to manipulate the market, we will all see it.

If you miss all the illuminati GTA topics on reddit or 7sins, I'm sure there will also be similar threads here explaining their diabolical plan. Someone will most likely make a youtube about it. What if you miss out on the "insider tips"? You could actually play the BAWSAQ like real world investors. If you notice a gradual rise in a stock's price or several stocks' price, that could be a signal to invest.

Sure, you won't make as much as the people who bought rock bottom and sold at the peak, but that's how it works. (BTW you don't grade your portfolio by how much cash you cleared, your first benchmark is beating the S&P 500 and DOW %. You grade yourself by the percentage.)

Recap: It doesn't matter how or why a stock is rising. Buy it, Ride it, Sell it. And don't be a crybaby arguing about little Timmy got the bigger slice of cake. 

• gtSilver likes this

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

So you are saying that people that have billions in game (more than you can spend) are the reason there is no stock market, because they could turn their billions (more than they could spend) into more billions (More than they could spend)? Why are you being so insulting, BTW? I made a post to try to get insight into this.

I somehow doubt the stock market was going to be advanced enough for share prices to be screwed up by a glitcher investing a ton.

It isn't about the extra money they would get, it is about the fact that if the stock market will work how they said it will work online, then it would create an unbalanced market.  It would be like on Wall Street if some people came in with tons of fake cash that no one could tell was fake and bought up all the stocks.  Sure, they wouldn't profit from it because they already had more than they could spend, but it would affect the prices of other peoples stocks, which is how glitchers would f*ck up the stock market.

tl;dr... It isn't about the fact that they'd make money, they would make the start market loose its balance.

You seriously need an education. Don't throw around Wall Street as if you have an understanding. Doesn't anyone want to jump in and explain the purpose behind a stock market? Better yet, explain to me the relationship between a company like Nike and it's stock price. Why do companies sell stocks? 

What happens when you become a shareholder? What's a price to earnings ratio? How do you read a quarterly report? 

Class? Anyone dare to chime in?

MikeNielson616
  • MikeNielson616

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by MikeNielson616, 13 November 2013 - 12:41 PM.

deleted

• Gunner Eleven likes this

MikeNielson616
  • MikeNielson616

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

You seriously need an education. Don't throw around Wall Street as if you have an understanding. Doesn't anyone want to jump in and explain the purpose behind a stock market? Better yet, explain to me the relationship between a company like Nike and it's stock price. Why do companies sell stocks? 

What happens when you become a shareholder? What's a price to earnings ratio? How do you read a quarterly report? 

Jesus dude, calm down and quit being an asshole.  We are talking about a video game that we play for fun here, not something you need to get pissy about.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by gnad, 13 November 2013 - 12:51 PM.

R* need to make more money until they release BAWSAQ.

I doubt its coming out anytime soon

I doubt they will ever release online stock market. 

not after market is flooded with billions already due to hackers.

lsc money glitch has nothing on the hackers dropping billions on randoms.

Anyone remeber Krotchy from Postal 2?

This is the real ballsack

Lmao

Krotchy.jpg

I'm not caring about bawsaq. They want to make more $$$ with their cash cards. They're not giving a f*ck about it either... In the end, it's all about the money.

They don't give a sh*t if you're having fun or not.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

TBA.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Well i already posted evidence to support my claim.

Where is your evidence to support yours?

Firstly, I am not the one who barged in here throwing around insults. I made a thread asking for help understanding the issue.

Secondly, I provided plenty of proof: The Lester effect. When I complete a mission for him and <X> stock skyrockets, the same is not true in your game.

That alone is more proof than has been provided by anything you have said, or anything in that 141 page thread because we all know this is a fact.

Gunner Eleven
  • Gunner Eleven

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Jesus dude, calm down and quit being an asshole.  We are talking about a video game that we play for fun here, not something you need to get pissy about.

Hey Mikey, why don't you add something relevant. Otherwise, piss off.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

Firstly, I am not the one who barged in here throwing around insults. I made a thread asking for help understanding the issue.

Secondly, I provided plenty of proof: The Lester effect. When I complete a mission for him and <X> stock skyrockets, the same is not true in your game.

That alone is more proof than has been provided by anything you have said, or anything in that 141 page thread because we all know this is a fact.

Krotchy.gif

Krotchy says: stop fighting guys

• theadmiral likes this

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 13 November 2013 - 03:08 PM.

As i stated before, the Lester missions change the values of X stock for a predetermined amount of in-game time.

The proof is in the pudding. That Pisswasser thread clearly shows MANY people seeing THE SAME price of that stock AT THE SAME TIME in different locations around the world. How much more evidence/proof do you need to support this before you realize you are incorrect regarding this issue.

Im trying my best to not throw around any more insults & help you understand this. I barged in here to try correct you with supporting evidence which you easily dismissed without even looking into it.

Furthermore, what exactly would be the point in having an in-game online stock market hosted on social club which we can all access if it wouldnt be the same for everyone all across the board. Thats what LCN is there for. Having our own individual market for each person.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by theadmiral, 13 November 2013 - 03:03 PM.

Yes, Gnad is right, it is best that this stays to respectful disagreement and discussion of the topic , there is no need to attack and insult anyone. We can disagree while remaining civil and it does not take flaming or insults to get your point across.

Smoke: I can show you pages and pages of threads about people being banned and a cheaters pool on this forum. I do not accept what people say here as a fact, while what I am saying is a known fact that we have all experienced. Please provide some actual evidence rather than liars and trolls talking vaguely about something that may or may not have happened.

If you really want to get to the bottom of this, lets all log in and take screenshots of share values in SP and see if they are the same or not.

• gnad likes this

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:12 PM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 13 November 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Spunds good to me.

Pisswasser stock on PSN at 10:10 EST

7811BDDE-3189-4B72-AD02-A30FE1555E73-359

Yes the thread i linked does have liars & trolls as does any other around here. The majority of them though were legitimately trying to see if we could influence the market & were honest.
  • theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:19 PM Edited by theadmiral, 13 November 2013 - 03:22 PM.

Are you talking about pisswasser alone or the entire stock market as a whole? You are flat out wrong for a number of reasons and the difference is not Bawsaq or LCN  -

Debonaire, Redwood, Fruit (bawsaq) Vapid, Gold Coast Development (LCN) and many more will all be different on all of our systems.

Also, your screenshot is flawed - The values shown on the rockstar social club do not match up to the values shown in game.

It is a fact that the LCN and bawsaq as a whole are not equal on all of our games judging simply by the few sample stocks I listed above, and there are even more than that.

However, if you want me to indulge the social club screenshot, which is flawed and not the same as what is shown in game, we can do that.

Shot taken just 2 minutes after you posted yours.

6PgdEvR.png

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

http://www.rockstarg...apons-vehi.html

So they got news about the Beach Bum pack but NOTHING about Bawsaq.

Weird eh?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:41 PM Edited by theadmiral, 13 November 2013 - 03:42 PM.

http://www.rockstarg...apons-vehi.html

So they got news about the Beach Bum pack but NOTHING about Bawsaq.

Weird eh?

Yes, it is very weird. They even keep mentioning they are working on Heists, even though that is somewhere far down the pipeline. From the link I provided earlier to the rockstar support forums, it would appear that from the time they announced microtransactions, they have not even mentioned the stock market again.

Very fishy behavior and I am now fairly certain that there will be no stock market as was promised to us.

Hopefully now that we have established that stock markets are not the same on everyones game, Smoke will apologize for insulting me for no reason and we can move on.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:46 PM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 13 November 2013 - 03:50 PM.

Just used Pisswasser as an example as its not one of the stocks effected by the Lester missions.

Those first stocks you listed are all one effected by the Lester missions i believe. Im trying to avoid those for obvious reasons.

In game values are updated from social club. Why not go straight to the source?

Heading back to the thread i linked earlier, there were very slight differences from time to time between numbers, like our two screenshots, but generally across the board numbers were matching.

This has nothing to do about LCN. That is a market which is not connected globally and is specific to our individual games.

I maybe overreacted by jumping to insult you. My apologies.

However, just because our two shots dont match 100% doesnt mean our two markets arent connected. How about we get more people to post screenshots of the same stock on PSN so we can continue to compare.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by theadmiral, 13 November 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Just used Pisswasser as an example as its not one of the stocks effected by the Lester missions.

Those first stocks you listed are all one effected by the Lester missions i believe. Im trying to avoid those for obvious reasons.

In game values are updated from social club. Why not go straight to the source?

Heading back to the thread i linked earlier, there were very slight differences from time to time between numbers, like our two screenshots, but generally across the board numbers were matching.

This has nothing to do about LCN. That is a market which is not connected globally and is specific to our individual games.

Do you have no comment about our screenshots taken at the same time being clearly different? Was it worth calling me a moron over? Shall we just ignore this entire screenshot exercise as if it never happened since it did not work in your favor?

Different values are different values, it does not matter how slight they are. If you look at the percent up and down you will see that it is more than a slight difference.

We are using the exact pisswasser example you have been talking about for this entire thread.

Get Trevomized
  • Get Trevomized

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Pretty easy to figure it out. The money balance has been corrupted. Why open the online stock exchange when someone is gonna put 3b glitched cash into it and unbalance the whole thing? It's just another way for your typical cum eating glitcher to f*ck things up. Cause that's what cum eating lady-boy glitchers do... right? Glitchers are trying to ruin the game. In some ways, like the BAWSAQ they've succeeded. That's why I regard them all as cum eating lady-boy no-class, strands of sun baked Girraffe sh1t. Get it?

You act like this video game is ruining your life..lol. Little boy

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

Also, please explain why i can check values on 360 market when i do not have that console.

Clearly those values are for the entire 360 community, otherwise why would i be able to check them & see them.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

Also, please explain why i can check values on 360 market when i do not have that console.

Clearly those values are for the entire 360 community, otherwise why would i be able to check them & see them.

That question I cannot answer.

We have already proven that the values are not the same for each user, however, and that was your initial argument that led to you calling me a moron and "stupid like dump truck".

The two screenshots above are clearly different, not only the current value, but the percent fluctuation that led to the value. That was your test, on your chosen stock (pisswasser), and your argument that you previously said was an established fact (based off of a thread on this forum filled with liars and trolls), is utterly busted.

If you want to discuss a new topic, that is fine - But I think an apology is in order for the way you conducted yourself originally especially considering that you are flat our wrong.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:59 PM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 13 November 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Another screenshot showing my high & low recorded values matching your screenshot 100%.

If they were different, seperate markets between you and i, i highly doubt the recorded high & low prices matching exactly.

8D5EFB52-7960-4B26-B0A9-E7CF8C35A431-359

If you go back & read, you will see i edited in an apology for my choice words.

I still refuse to believe your theory as small differences were reported & recorded in that pisseasser thread but generally numbers match. We need more then 2 screenshots comparing numbers before we can come to a final conclusion IMO.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

I think R* will update the Stock Market when the  Heists are coming.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by theadmiral, 13 November 2013 - 04:04 PM.

Another screenshot showing my high & low recorded values matching your screenshot 100%.

If they were different, seperate markets between you and i, i highly doubt the recorded high & low prices matching exactly.

8D5EFB52-7960-4B26-B0A9-E7CF8C35A431-359

You are really grasping at straws now. The high and the low is irrelevant. We are talking about the current value and how that value may or may not go up based on players buying in. Our values were clearly different (the current share price and the percent fluctuation down or up)

If you are going to try to use absurdity to get out of the hole you have dug yourself into at this point, you are free to - But at the very least, you can admit that none of this is a "fact" or "clear" or "proven", and that it is not worth coming into a thread and throwing childish insults at someone.

If you want to make yourself look even more foolish, we can log into our consoles tonight and do the same check without involving the social club.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:07 PM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 13 November 2013 - 04:09 PM.

They are recorded highs & lows across the entire market which will show up on everyones pisswasser stock on PSN as they are all connected to the same source.

I have not dug myself a hole here. You may believe so, just as i believe you are too blind to see you are wrong about BAWSAQ not being connected to everyone globally.

What would be the point of an online market which we are all seperate from? We already have that with LCN.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

They are recorded highs & lows across the entire market which will show up on everyones pisswasser stock on PSN as they are all connected to the same source.

I have not dug myself a hole here. You may believe so, just as i believe you are too blind to see you are wrong about BAWSAQ not being connected to everyone globally.

What would be the point of an online market which we are all seperate from? We already have that with LCN.

I have already given you examples of BAWSAQ (and LCN) stocks that are clearly different on everyone's console.

We just took two screenshots that show a clear difference in current value and percent fluctuation, and you yourself admitted that there are "slight" differences. What are you arguing about?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users