Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there any news on the in game stock market?

169 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

Im not doing that sh*t. The evidence is right there. Im not spoon feeding it to you even more then that.

So your proof , that warranted calling me a moron and "stupid like dump truck", is a link to a 180+ page thread, on a forum filled with liars and trolls, filled with tons of nonsense, lies, and speculation, and you refuse to provide any further evidence to support your outlandish claim. And all of this was worth barging into this thread like Idi Amin and insulting someone who had not even directed any comments at you.

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:58 AM Edited by Canucks555, 13 November 2013 - 01:59 AM.

We get it, you don't like to be verbally assaulted.

What are your opinions?

-your stance is that glitchers are not the reason that the BAwsaq is offline?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:00 AM Edited by theadmiral, 13 November 2013 - 02:00 AM.

We get it, you don't like to be verbally assaulted.

Sheesh.

What are your opinions on the matter?

-your stance is that glitchers are not the reason that the BAwsaq is offline?

I do not have an opinion, I would like to be enlightened on the matter, which is why I made the original thread asking for reasons, opinions, or any official news.

My only opinion is that it would be cool to have it in game as promised on release. Beyond that, I am wondering if and when it will arrive, and if not, why.

xViLLn
  • xViLLn

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

I doubt its coming out anytime soon

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

I doubt its coming out anytime soon

I think it is probably canned for good to be perfectly honest - If it was en route, they would be saying "It will be coming soon" like the heists and beach bum pack. In my opinion.

SkinnyBomb
  • SkinnyBomb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

Just putting this out there so please do not verbally assault me either.  

I hopped on GTAO about a week ago to find my character spawned in his apartment with Michaels cell phone, $0 in cash/bank, the inability to exit my apartment or enter my garage from the apartment, and a working stock market (which I can only assume was from story mode).  To my surprise I could buy stock shares from my cell phone (this is GTAO by the way) but was unable to sell current shares.  All this while having $0.  It appeared something was mixed up between my story mode and online mode.

The point is, perhaps its not glitched money that is the problem.  Perhaps the problem is Rockstar appears to have pushed a game out a little too fast and are now suffering the consequences.

By the way, I still have not received my stimulus package.  Would it be ok if I glitch 500k that is rightfully mine?   :sly:

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

Just putting this out there so please do not verbally assault me either.  

I hopped on GTAO about a week ago to find my character spawned in his apartment with Michaels cell phone, $0 in cash/bank, the inability to exit my apartment or enter my garage from the apartment, and a working stock market (which I can only assume was from story mode).  To my surprise I could buy stock shares from my cell phone (this is GTAO by the way) but was unable to sell current shares.  All this while having $0.  It appeared something was mixed up between my story mode and online mode.

The point is, perhaps its not glitched money that is the problem.  Perhaps the problem is Rockstar appears to have pushed a game out a little too fast and are now suffering the consequences.

By the way, I still have not received my stimulus package.  Would it be ok if I glitch 500k that is rightfully mine?   :sly:

Huh. Very interesting, it sounds like some sort of bug. I think the "We cant have a stock market because of glitchers" is a bit of a cop out excuse for people who do not want to say that Rockstar maybe was in over their head or do not know how to properly implement it, but we cannot be sure.

I would not judge you for glitching, I probably wouldn't, but it is up to you.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:17 AM Edited by theadmiral, 13 November 2013 - 03:17 AM.

Guys I did some digging and found something on Rockstar's support where a guy asked (1 month ago) and never got any response, even an automated one. Some other people in there said they canned this idea as soon as they announced micro transactions. Speculation, but what do you think?

http://support.rocks...V-Online-BAWSAQ

It is odd that they did not reply at all in over a month, usually you get some automated response to even the most inane questions.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:53 AM

oh look, the admiral in a petty argument going back and forth for a few hours over his condescension and belittling remarks..

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

ruin made me do it not

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

well whenever it DOES release, i'm definitely investing in mors mutual insurance right away, that sh*t should rise like a pie in the oven

• .Polar_Bear. likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

No, again, theadmiral holding people to account for using totally unacceptable language and demonstrating an utter lack of civility. Did you come in here to bump this for the sole intention of trolling? It is a rather thinly veiled attempt and you will be found out for what you are soon enough, if you haven't been already. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

oh look, the admiral in a petty argument going back and forth for a few hours over his condescension and belittling remarks..

Oh look, the admiral has a stalker. *high five admiral!*

Anyway, I assume the stock market is never going to happen and that is a good thing. I would have loved to use it myself but the cheaters have made so many things just impossible. I think R* is majorly in over their heads just trying to get the few functions they've actually released under control. Thanks cheaters! Not like anything you do ever could affect the rest of us or anything.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

He is upset that I held him to account for his constant meme posting and calling people "fa**ots" so he dug up a thread of mine a few pages back and bumped it in a pathetic attempt to start an argument. He is showing his utter desperation at this point. Lets just enjoy it while it lasts, you can tell that being held accountable really got under his skin.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:59 AM Edited by GTAPhilly1, 13 November 2013 - 05:00 AM.

He is upset that I held him to account for his constant meme posting and calling people "fa**ots" so he dug up a thread of mine a few pages back and bumped it in a pathetic attempt to start an argument. He is showing his utter desperation at this point. Lets just enjoy it while it lasts, you can tell that being held accountable really got under his skin.

it wasn't a few pages back, I read this earlier, it was active as of about an hour ago, I thought since you wanted to report me it was only right that I point out to the moderator that you're a trouble maker on here. 

sorry, I bet you wished this thread would have just gone away. I already reported you to the moderator and he is investigating your behavior, tread lightly. 

• theadmiral likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

Philly - knock it the hell off or I'll temp ban you.

The rest of you - dont feed the trolls.
  • .Polar_Bear. and theadmiral like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:00 AM Edited by theadmiral, 13 November 2013 - 05:00 AM.

it wasn't a few pages back, I read this earlier, it was active as of about an hour ago, I thought since you wanted to report me it was only right that I point out to the moderator that you're a trouble maker on here. 

sorry, I bet you wished this thread would have just gone away. I already reported you to the moderator and he is investigating you're behavior, tread lightly. 

I'm quaking in my boots, Philly. I'll put my record on the line against you any day of the week.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:01 AM Edited by Crimson_Wolf, 13 November 2013 - 05:01 AM.

Well, my guess is that Rockstar is having some technical issues with getting the Stock Market to work the the online servers.  Hopefully it'll be released in the coming months with the heists, going to put half my money buying stocks for Ammunation and Mors Mutual.

Philly - knock it the hell off or I'll temp ban you.

The rest of you - dont feed the trolls.

Will do.

• theadmiral likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

ruin made me do it not

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

Well, my guess is that Rockstar is having some technical issues with getting the Stock Market to work the the online servers.  Hopefully it'll be released in the coming months with the heists, going to put half my money buying stocks for Ammunation and Mors Mutual.

Don't you have anything to do other than being an all around prick, insulting just about everyone?  How are you not banned yet?

i dont understand whats so different from the singleplayer version, if both are affected by other players

billy-pilgrim
  • billy-pilgrim

*WMCC Leader**SURF Commissioner*

• WMCC
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

There's news about nothing. That is why the game is sinking faster than the titanic. Terrible developers.

Really?  How are the developers terrible?  This is possibly the best online video game ever made.   People say the stupidest things

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:07 AM

i dont understand whats so different from the singleplayer version, if both are affected by other players

The single player stock market is not impacted by the community as a whole - Each player has different stock values on their console. That guy who said that earlier was incorrect and has yet to post any evidence or proof to the contrary - It is tailored to your specific game.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:09 AM

Don't you have anything to do other than being an all around prick, insulting just about everyone?  How are you not banned yet?

As I said, it's just my guess.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

As I said, it's just my guess.

Yeah, I think there are probably some technical problems that have to do with ironing out the stock market and balancing it for a community this large. They will probably have to dumb it down a bit and take out any thought of player actions actually manipulating it. I would think if it does arrive it will be based off random fluctuations in either direction. You can't have a bunch of players doing a particular job to make one skyrocket without messing up the entire thing, and the notion that ammunition stock will go up every time someone buys ammo is utterly ridiculous - Everyone would just put their money in one or two stocks.

If it does come, it will be a really simple, dumbed down system.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:35 AM

The single player stock market is not impacted by the community as a whole - Each player has different stock values on their console. That guy who said that earlier was incorrect and has yet to post any evidence or proof to the contrary - It is tailored to your specific game.

Well i already posted evidence to support my claim.

Where is your evidence to support yours?

danny2n
  • danny2n

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

Release the stock market and any bet there'll be a glitch/exploit for it.

ZeroDivision
  • ZeroDivision

Veteran Survivor

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:49 AM

This will be pure speculation, but if and when the stock market is released I would imagine there simply being a cap on how much money you can put into it. Perhaps a maximum each week or something. It would nullify the people who glitched their cash levels (and sadly, those who legitimately earned it, too).

The single player stock market is a completely separate entity, and I'd imagine there are some strings that dictate how it reacts since the single player experience is largely predictable through missions and other interactions.

The online stock market will probably behave more like a real stock market, since it'll need to have some longevity and be active at all times. Considering the vast about of companies available to invest in, plus the fact that the bugs in this game haven't been ironed out yet, makes me think the introduction of this feature may be a long way off.

But again, it's only speculation on my part.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

I don't think BAWSAQ was ever going to be in the Online portion. It's only "powered" by the Rockstar Social Club.

CriminalHero
  • CriminalHero

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

Game would most probably be dead to most gamers and for me by the time the stock market comes out, so it doesn't matter to me.

NormanR6
  • NormanR6

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

I honestly hope it never takes off, no real use for it now. The people that glitched billions of dollars will simply flood it and make all of the stock some crazy expensive price that the rest of us could never afford anyway.

So why even mess with it? It will just get ruined like everything else.

AdmiralAugustus
  • AdmiralAugustus

Kush Kloud

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

This guy is a doppleganger and stole my original handle.

Booo this mannn!

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

I doubt they will ever release online stock market. 

not after market is flooded with billions already due to hackers.

lsc money glitch has nothing on the hackers dropping billions on randoms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users