Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it just me or does McDonald's taste like crap these days?

122 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

in serbia there are so many fresh meat stands where they grill it in front of you. the burgers are big, delicious and most importantly: cheap. cheaper than anything mcdonald's. general price is around 120 dinar which is about 1 euro but depending on where you go you can even find it for 80 dinar.

pljeskavica-690x517.jpg

i recommend it to any of you fat f*cks.

I would like that massive Serbian hamburger thing on the right.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

in serbia there are so many fresh meat stands where they grill it in front of you. the burgers are big, delicious and most importantly: cheap. cheaper than anything mcdonald's. general price is around 120 dinar which is about 1 euro but depending on where you go you can even find it for 80 dinar.

pljeskavica-690x517.jpg

Over here we call them Pljeskavica's.

Tourists love that sh*t.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

pljeskavica-690x517.jpg

Tourists love that sh*t.

All of that looks delicious. How much is a flight from NY to Novi Sad?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:18 AM Edited by theadmiral, 16 November 2013 - 02:20 AM.

pljeskavica-690x517.jpg

Tourists love that sh*t.

Can anyone from the Balkans tell us more about this Pljeskavica thing? What does it come with? Is it on bread like a burger? Is it spicy or what? I want one so badly and I doubt I can get one around here. Maybe I can try to make it or something. This looks like a magical creation.

Can anyone translate this?

kg mešanog mlevenog mesa (može i samo goveđe) 2 velike glavice crnog luka 2 češnja belog luka 1,5 dcl kisele vode 1 supena kašika sode bikarbone   so   biber malo začina

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

pljeskavica-690x517.jpg

Tourists love that sh*t.

Can anyone from the Balkans tell us more about this Pljeskavica thing? What does it come with? Is it on bread like a burger? Is it spicy or what? I want one so badly and I doubt I can get one around here. Maybe I can try to make it or something. This looks like a magical creation.

Can anyone translate this?

kg meanog mlevenog mesa (može i samo goveđe) 2 velike glavice crnog luka 2 čenja belog luka 1,5 dcl kisele vode 1 supena kaika sode bikarbone   so   biber malo začina

? kg mixed minced meat (can only beef)
2 large onions
2 cloves garlic
1,5 dl mineral water
1 tablespoon of baking soda with a little pepper spice
  • theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

2 large onions
2 cloves garlic
1,5 dl mineral water

Well that seems really easy to prepare.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

2 large onions
2 cloves garlic
1,5 dl mineral water

I've never put baking soda (or water for that matter) into ground beef.

The "pepper spice" bit isn't too clear as there are a lot of kinds of peppers. I figure you can never go wrong with fresh ground black pepper although a Bosnian cooking site suggested white pepper was more common.

On the subject of spices, mixing a packet of dry ranch salad dressing mix with ground beef is very tasty.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

2 large onions
2 cloves garlic
1,5 dl mineral water

I've never put baking soda (or water for that matter) into ground beef.

The "pepper spice" bit isn't too clear as there are a lot of kinds of peppers. I figure you can never go wrong with fresh ground black pepper although a Bosnian cooking site suggested white pepper was more common.

On the subject of spices, mixing a packet of dry ranch salad dressing mix with ground beef is very tasty.

I think in the Balkans they use some pepper paste called Ajvar or Lutenica or something, maybe it is supposed to be that. I cannot determine why you'd put baking soda in it. Maybe one of our Serbian or Bosnian users can clarify for us. I want to make this thing this weekend, it looks delicious.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

(I am worried that the workers spit in the food though. It'd be so easy to hide in that mess.)

That only happens in the movies.

no one is really taking that risk and people are not that evil.

Nobody usually watches those cameras and usually the main concern is shrink (theft).

I have seen some nasty things done to food. For instance if something is dropped on the floor and looks ok that item is going out. And that's the least gross thing I can think of.

Not sure what country blacklists fast food employees but it isn't the US.

If minimum wage kids are making your food you have no assurances. I remember a pizza joint where the kids got a real kick out of teabagging the pizzas.

What you really want is to be able to see your food prepared.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

(I am worried that the workers spit in the food though. It'd be so easy to hide in that mess.)

That only happens in the movies.

no one is really taking that risk and people are not that evil.

Nobody usually watches those cameras and usually the main concern is shrink (theft).

I have seen some nasty things done to food. For instance if something is dropped on the floor and looks ok that item is going out. And that's the least gross thing I can think of.

Not sure what country blacklists fast food employees but it isn't the US.

If minimum wage kids are making your food you have no assurances. I remember a pizza joint where the kids got a real kick out of teabagging the pizzas.

What you really want is to be able to see your food prepared.

I'm pretty sure that, that is done in ANY place where food is made for the public.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

I went to Mcdonalds at like 3am after a gig and it was fresh as f*ck, much better than during the day

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

I went to Mcdonalds at like 3am after a gig and it was fresh as f*ck, much better than during the day

You may also have been drunk though, and when you've had a drink you could eat deep-fried cat's arsehole and it would taste gourmet.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Must admit, they always seem to be fresher during late hours like that though

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

I don't really understand how freshness applies when you are dealing with stuff that has been frozen for days, transported on a 18 wheeler, partially defrosted, frozen again, and then reheated in something that looks like a large stack of drawers prior to being assembled.

Obviously the fries are best when they are straight out of a fryer, im sure the hash browns are too.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

I just order my burgers "plain cheese" as I hate all that gunk 'n sh*t they flood them with. That way, they have to prepare them from scratch which makes them "fresh".

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

I just order my burgers "plain cheese" as I hate all that gunk 'n sh*t they flood them with. That way, they have to prepare them from scratch which makes them "fresh".

True, I always order a completely plain burger, both cus I like it plain and I like it fresh!

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

I don't really understand how freshness applies when you are dealing with stuff that has been frozen for days, transported on a 18 wheeler, partially defrosted, frozen again, and then reheated in something that looks like a large stack of drawers prior to being assembled.

Obviously the fries are best when they are straight out of a fryer, im sure the hash browns are too.

That gives me an idea actually. How about we open up a food chain where we bring in a live Moo to the kitchen, let the kids squeeze out some fresh milk for their shakes, before we watch the spotty chefs butcher the thing and carve up our burgers right there and then. You won't get much fresher than that.

And we can have a seasoned 'human' option on the menu for Typhus. Sound good? Sounds good.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

That gives me an idea actually. How about we open up a food chain where we bring in a live Moo to the kitchen, let the kids squeeze out some fresh milk for their shakes, before we watch the spotty chefs butcher the thing and carve up our burgers right there and then. You won't get much fresher than that.

And we can have a seasoned 'human' option on the menu for Typhus. Sound good? Sounds good.

hmmm, could work? We defo would need to sell horse meat instead of cow though. Tastes the same, but cheaper!

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:09 AM Edited by Werebot85, 17 November 2013 - 12:16 PM.

I just had "THE MEXICAN" for lunch because I wanted to see what our (SAfrican) McDonald's food tastes like these days, and I have to say it wasn't actually that bad. In fact it was delicious. And hot.

The-Mexican-Burger.jpg

ErycleOvegree
  • ErycleOvegree

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

sdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdf

ErycleOvegree
  • ErycleOvegree

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

sdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdf

ErycleOvegree
  • ErycleOvegree

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

sdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdf

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

I don't eat a whole lot of McDonalds. If anything, I eat it the most whenever its McRib season.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

I want this right now.

hero_pdt_quarter_pounder_double.png

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:13 AM Edited by Xerukal, 27 November 2013 - 08:13 AM.

Why do I always visit these types of threads when I'm hungry on an early cold morning with no stores open... 

I should go sleep.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along. 

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

I work at McDonald's.

It is basically complete sh*t. I can't speak for other Maccas restaurants but the Angus meat in particular at Chelsea Heights McDonalds can be left out for up to an hour in some cases. Same goes the other low-selling food like crispy chicken and filet-o-fish.

It is really bad. If I wanted to lose my job I could probably find some sh*t to report but I'm not too keen on that at the moment. I'm liking the money I'm earning even for a 16 year old.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

It is really bad. If I wanted to lose my job I could probably find some sh*t to report but I'm not too keen on that at the moment. I'm liking the money I'm earning even for a 16 year old.

You should publish a 20-page report on your experiences and publish it to the newspapers before you leave.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

You should publish a 20-page report on your experiences and publish it to the newspapers before you leave.
Please, I'd take it straight to 60 Minutes. :p

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

Good luck trying to get a spot on 60 Minutes between the wife of an army soldier who returned home and some special about the Central Park masturbator

• StormerBoy likes this

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

Good luck trying to get a spot on 60 Minutes between the wife of an army soldier who returned home and some special about the Central Park masturbator
We have nothing better to talk about Down Under. All our stories are about are dead criminals and road rage incidents.

Americans seem to have it right with Television. It's really boring in Australia as we don't really have any decent shows of our own. :(

Oh yeah another bad thing is the fridges that they are kept in. They aren't really that cold at all and there is some green sh*t on the side of it. The "transportation" of the meat to the burger isn't too ethical either unless there's a manager REALLY close by.

So I haven't really eaten much Maccas since I started there almost a year ago. If I do it is usually chocolate sundaes or other non-cooked food.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users