Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it just me or does McDonald's taste like crap these days?

122 replies to this topic
headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

I have years don't eating a hamburguer from here. Prefer street burgers, same price and more delicious.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

This Monkeys Gone To Heaven

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:10 AM

My diey consists of almost 100% fast food. So I think I have a pretty good bearing on what's good and what isn't. And in my opinion mconalds is middle of the road. It doesn't taste like crap but isn't top of the line either. Still good though
  • StormerBoy likes this

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

It's possible you've been unlucky. There's all sorts of factors that may sometimes hinder the quality of our food. 2 common factors are:

Amount of Fry Salt: When a customer asks for no salt, we have to take a batch straight from the oiler. After we make those no-salt fries, the remaining fries from that basket get poured in with the rest. We don't salt them at that point - we merely mix them in with the others, so that's why fries can appear lightly salted. They can also be heavily salted at some points if someone uses the salt shaker twice (a few rare occurrences when this may happen).

Kitchen Staff: We're constantly hiring new employees (6 per month), and so the staff are still learning how to make & prepare everything. There's many, many items on the menu, so it takes practice to nail everything.

Is there any food in particular that you've noticed a decrease in quality over the years, OP?

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:19 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 14 November 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Krystal Burger looks absolutely disgusting (the burgers are always soggy, and everything is drooping half out of the buns), but it tastes fantastic, every time. Wendy's and Krystal are the only fast food burger places I can stomach. Five Guys is okay, but not as exciting as the hype makes it seem.

KRYSTAL+BURGER+BOX%252C+Krystal+Fast+Foo

(I am worried that the workers spit in the food though. It'd be so easy to hide in that mess.)

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

That looks gross like a microwave burger.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

This Monkeys Gone To Heaven

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

When I came back to the States after being in Italy for 2 years, (their MD's were crap compared to the US, or so I thought) I went to a McDonalds and ordered a double cheeseburger. I have no idea if they changed the way they make their food, or if my taste palate had changed, but I could literally feel how bad it was for me whilst eating it. Every swallow felt like I was downing nuclear waste or something. Don't even get me started about it's unpleasant exit a few hours later....

Anytime I'm with someone and their getting Mickey D's, I only get a soda and fries, or just abstain from getting anything at all.

I think its quite obvious your palate had changed fron living in europe

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:09 AM

Looks more like White Castle.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

Krystal Burger looks absolutely disgusting (the burgers are always soggy, and everything is drooping half out of the buns), but it tastes fantastic, every time.

*pic*

lloyd-gags-o.gif

You actually eat that thing? Disgusting!!

Anyway, nothing beats a nice flame grilled burger imo

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:36 AM Edited by WBaker, 14 November 2013 - 07:51 AM.

I've heard that may be dangerous to eat undercooked hamburgers. Other than that, overall, I prefer less than well done meat.

I've never had a problem and nobody has ever gotten sick from my cooking but if you want to be safe make sure the internal temperature is 160F.

Edit: As an example a medium rare steak has an internal temperature of ~135F. All bacteria may not be dead but unless you're elderly, very young, or sick there shouldn't be a problem. Who'd want to eat a well done steak anyways? Same goes for burgers IMO.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

I've never had white castle i've only seen it on Harold & Kumar.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

(I am worried that the workers spit in the food though. It'd be so easy to hide in that mess.)

that only happens in movies.

unless the person at the fast food joint KNOWS you (and hates you, I guess) and sees you come in, then maybe he would try. but no one is just randomly spitting into your food. a restaurant like that usually has at least 6 people working in the kitchen at any given time and there are cameras almost everywhere. if you're actually caught tampering with customers food, not only will you immediately be fired but you may be blacklisted for ALL service-industry jobs in that city forever.

no one is really taking that risk and people are not that evil.

it is White Castle.

just like Hardees = Carl's Jr and vise versa.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

McDonalds is sh*t because you're supposed to feel good after a big meal, you know when you're stuffed after you've eaten a really good roast dinner with properly done potatoes and a good bit of beef with nice Yorkshire puddings and fresh vegetables, you know, good food, you can stuff yourself and feel good after. 

Stuff yourself with McDonalds and what you get is the exact opposite, you get phlegm in your throat (usually so thick that you can't even get the last bite down without some drink), you feel like you wish you hadn't have eaten it.

Idk man, after being hungry all day and then stuffing down a double cheeseburger with fries and a large fruit punch makes me feel amazing.

billy-mays-cocaine.jpg

DAMN, I miss that nigga! Pitchmen on TV will never compare :(

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

We only get McDonalds, KFC & Burger King here in Glasgow with Dominos, Pizza Hut and Papa Johns, we of course get other pubs etc selling burgers which are better quality, but that sh*t isn't really popular compared to chip shops, Indian and Chinese shops, my favs

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

It's possible you've been unlucky. There's all sorts of factors that may sometimes hinder the quality of our food. 2 common factors are:

Amount of Fry Salt: When a customer asks for no salt, we have to take a batch straight from the oiler. After we make those no-salt fries, the remaining fries from that basket get poured in with the rest. We don't salt them at that point - we merely mix them in with the others, so that's why fries can appear lightly salted. They can also be heavily salted at some points if someone uses the salt shaker twice (a few rare occurrences when this may happen).

Kitchen Staff: We're constantly hiring new employees (6 per month), and so the staff are still learning how to make & prepare everything. There's many, many items on the menu, so it takes practice to nail everything.

Is there any food in particular that you've noticed a decrease in quality over the years, OP?

After eating fries I feel like I have had a packet of sweets (candy) as opposed to potatoes/fries. They are tasteless, and I have considered for years now that it may be the salt lacking in them, perhaps? I was not aware that customers ever asked for unsalted fried, I'm in the UK anyway.

The other thing with the fries, or the food in general is that I'm not sure how long it is supposed to sit cooked, but not yet sold, because sometimes I get fries that are blatantly stale and the texture is like rubber/plastic. This can also happen with the burgers, they too are very rubbery if served cold.

The burgers in general are probably just the same as always, but the white bun (bread roll) is always so dry and flavourless.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

After eating fries I feel like I have had a packet of sweets (candy) as opposed to potatoes/fries. They are tasteless, and I have considered for years now that it may be the salt lacking in them, perhaps? I was not aware that customers ever asked for unsalted fried, I'm in the UK anyway.

The other thing with the fries, or the food in general is that I'm not sure how long it is supposed to sit cooked, but not yet sold, because sometimes I get fries that are blatantly stale and the texture is like rubber/plastic. This can also happen with the burgers, they too are very rubbery if served cold.

The burgers in general are probably just the same as always, but the white bun (bread roll) is always so dry and flavourless.

Yep, when customers order unsalted fries, it often f*cks up the rest of them. Also, fries are supposed to be sitting for a MAX of 7 minutes once they come out of the oil. Some McDonald's are more strict about this than others, though.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

that only happens in movies.

unless the person at the fast food joint KNOWS you (and hates you, I guess) and sees you come in, then maybe he would try. but no one is just randomly spitting into your food. a restaurant like that usually has at least 6 people working in the kitchen at any given time and there are cameras almost everywhere. if you're actually caught tampering with customers food, not only will you immediately be fired but you may be blacklisted for ALL service-industry jobs in that city forever.

no one is really taking that risk and people are not that evil.

it is White Castle.

just like Hardees = Carl's Jr and vise versa.

Oh, ok.

I also love the slogan: "Nothing' like it". :)

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:59 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 14 November 2013 - 01:59 PM.

Yep, when customers order unsalted fries, it often f*cks up the rest of them. Also, fries are supposed to be sitting for a MAX of 7 minutes once they come out of the oil. Some McDonald's are more strict about this than others, though.

So if you go to a 24hrs McDs, how can they possibly keep up the 7 min rule out of peek times?

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

So if you go to a 24hrs McDs, how can they possibly keep up the 7 min rule out of peek times?

When it's dead and nobody is coming to McDonald's, we wait until somebody comes until we make fries. They need to wait a few minutes, because it takes 3 minutes to cook them.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

When it's dead and nobody is coming to McDonald's, we wait until somebody comes until we make fries. They need to wait a few minutes, because it takes 3 minutes to cook them.

Cool. Can you tell me why why milkshake is sh*t 99% of the time. It is stiff and flavourless. But once in while I get one that is all smooth and filled with flavour?

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

I will get a coffee from McDonalds every now and then, but every time I eat the food I feel like I heed to take a shower, it is just gross.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

I prefer McDonalds nowadays. The Big Macs somehow don't taste as nice, though. I go for the odd cheeseburger or double cheeseburger, and I have to say, they've got an improved taste.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

I actually hate all of their chicken products (except the mcnuggets) it taste like what I imagine cat tastes like.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Cool. Can you tell me why why milkshake is sh*t 99% of the time. It is stiff and flavourless. But once in while I get one that is all smooth and filled with flavour?

I've never tried a McDonald's milkshake myself, but I know what you mean. When I make milkshakes for people, it doesn't look right at all. Regardless of which flavor you choose, the shakes seem to be mostly made of the basic shake mix. As I watch the shake get poured into the cup from the machine, it is mostly white with very little red (if they ordered strawbery) and very little black (if they ordered chocolate). I don't know exactly what's wrong with them, but I advise you to just stop ordering them if they're usually poor quality. I'll ask around next time I work and investigate.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

I wonder if it has to do with how often the shake machine's cleaned, or maybe I guess the concentration of the flavor syrup that you pour into the shake mix.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

^Perhaps? Is it true to say that nowadays not many people buy shakes, in the UK at least. I think they were much more popular in the 90s and before?

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

^Perhaps? Is it true to say that nowadays not many people buy shakes, in the UK at least. I think they were much more popular in the 90s and before?

Shakes are one of our restaurant's more uncommonly ordered items.

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by uzi 9mm, 15 November 2013 - 06:55 PM.

McDonalds is sh*t because you're supposed to feel good after a big meal, you know when you're stuffed after you've eaten a really good roast dinner with properly done potatoes and a good bit of beef with nice Yorkshire puddings and fresh vegetables, you know, good food, you can stuff yourself and feel good after. 

Stuff yourself with McDonalds and what you get is the exact opposite, you get phlegm in your throat (usually so thick that you can't even get the last bite down without some drink), you feel like you wish you hadn't have eaten it.

Idk man, after being hungry all day and then stuffing down a double cheeseburger with fries and a large fruit punch makes me feel amazing.

Fair enough, 1 cheeseburger, 1 fries and a drink isn't really stuffing yourself though.

When I meant stuffing myself I mean like one time I went all out and decided to completely fulfill my appetite and got a large quarter pounder meal and double cheesburger, and the after effects aren't very nice, sure, my belly is full, but like I said before, thick phlegm, unpleasant feeling in my throat.

If I go to my Nan's house for dinner she knows how to cook really good and tasty food, and I'll fill up my stomach to the point where I can't go on, and it's a very different stuffed to McDonalds stuffed, it's a more satisfying feeling, instead of a regretting one.

Anyway, I got cod n chips waiting to be eaten, that goes down better than any sh*t McD's can produce.

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

McDonald's is ok. I prefer some other fast food restaurants.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

I went once to McDonald's many years ago for the party of some friend. I promised myself not to go back there never again.

If I want a hamburger I rather to go to some bar where, just for a few bucks more, they will serve me a better quality one :)

This.

McDonald's isn't bad, but comparing to Bars and such, they would lose.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

in serbia there are so many fresh meat stands where they grill it in front of you. the burgers are big, delicious and most importantly: cheap. cheaper than anything mcdonald's. general price is around 120 dinar which is about 1 euro but depending on where you go you can even find it for 80 dinar.

pljeskavica-690x517.jpg

i recommend it to any of you fat f*cks.

• F4L? and Ciaran like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users