Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it just me or does McDonald's taste like crap these days?

122 replies to this topic
Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

These days, KFC serves much better burgers and fries.

• CatDog96 likes this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

I never eat McDonald's so I don't know what their "food" tastes like these days...

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

"these days??" :lol:

which McDonald's are you talking about?

they've always tasted like crap.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

Meh, I rather home cooked food.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:44 AM Edited by Nameless Foot Soldier, 13 November 2013 - 07:30 AM.

I promised myself not to go back there never again

I forgot when I last went there. Over a two years ago! :lol: Down here we have Burger King, Wendy's -- though I hate their sh*t --, Whataburger, Carls Jr., and Five Guys Burgers.
Only two years? About 7 or 8 here. My veins appreciate it ;)

Not to be rude, but I'm pretty sure there's an unhealthy trade off in your life style and if it isn't fast food, than it's something else. Even things you didn't think were unhealthy (Did you know purified water is unhealthy for you because it lacks the minerals you need in water and because of that lack, the water absorbs your acid in turn making the drink just as bad as soda? But hey, lets just drink normal water then, oh wait, fluoride. Guess it's all bad.). Be it the polluted air you breath, the chemicals you live with that furnish your house to even daily habits that may not seem like much (remember back when they used lead for paint? Mercury for hats, asbestos for ceiling tiles Most people didn't know it was killing them. I'm pretty sure there's stuff around us doing the same damn thing but were just haven't figured it out yet). Life is nothing but a slow decay, only it's up to you to choose your poison. So I would really get off any self righteous attitude of "look at me, I don't eat stuff everyone knows is garbage" and parade around like you're so much better off when you're soon to be just another dead body in the ground like the fat asshole to ate too much garbage. Now, I do not eat fast food, (that sh*t is indeed nasty) but, I do smoke, and I know it's bad for me. People all the time feel the need to tell me how bad it is and they feel the need to show how much better off they are, as they eat their processed meat, drink their diet soda, sit at their computer, play their video games, eating their chemically produced veggies, as they touch themselves, interact with people who have their own dirty habits and all the time talkin' smack at every other f*cker just because the media doesn't tell them to be mad at other lesser known bad habits. We're all dying, with every second that ticks away, our bodies die, even by themselves, time, it gives to all. We were born to die my friends.

• CatDog96 likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Is it just me or does McDonald's taste like crap these days?

I swear in the time before they had to watch how much salt they put in their food, it used to taste really good. Now that they are under pressure to be more 'responsible', it just isn't what it was!

There is no reason one can't enjoy the occasional McDonald's as part of a healthy diet. I blame that twit who made the Super Size Me documentary.

No, the salt disguised the flavour, or lack thereof.

Sure, but you can also snort cocaine once a month without any severe health detriment, but that's not a reason to do it. Blaming a person for trying to make some minute difference for the terrible state of health in the US is kind of stupid.

In short no, McDonalds has always been overpriced tasteless garbage.

It was how one-sided the film was that annoyed me most. How anyone who has a really really heatlhey diet and never eats greasy food, expects to eat McDonalds 3 times a day for a month, and not eat anything else alongside it, then they wonder what the problem is when they are f*cking up their insides? It would have been a little more balanced if he had set the test to eat one meal a day at McDs, another and Burger King, etc. But even then, considering he had never eaten that type of food before, pointless!

Then in the aftermath the amount of people that were saying; 'oh I don't go to McDs any more, have you seen what it does to you? I go to Burger King instead now' ... wtf? It's the same sh*t dumb ass.

• 2281 likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

I heard that McDonalds in India has a McAlooTikki. I would love to try that, sounds much better than anything they have here.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Nicaragua
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

McDonalds has always tasted like total garbage, the only thing that is acceptable to eat is the French Fries. The food is just as bad for you as it always has been, they just now try to add in some healthy choices that eventually get pulled because no one orders them.

Even the fries taste like cardboard sprinkled in dried urine salt.

McDonald's has always tasted like garbage, even when they weren't putting soy protein in their burger meat to save on actual meat, and pink slime.

OH HEY GUYS, DID YOU HEAR THAT THE MCRIB IS BACK?!

gVnKEh6.jpg

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

What about when they were advertising their fries as vegetarian but frying them in beef tallow? lol! Also when they were selling "halal" food to muslims that was not even halal. The place is just a disgusting shambles.

• Detective Phelps likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

For some it remainded me The Simpsons' ribwich...

Shame I couldn't find the commercial part...

heyfunboy
  • heyfunboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

It's ALWAYS been crap. It's crap for your health. Crap for your heart. Crap for your arteries. Crap crap crap.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

The McDonalds here in Hawai'i serves Spam and Eggs and Portuguese Sausage for breakfast which is pretty damn good!

hawaiian_breakfast.jpg

Also they serve Saimen (a cup of ramen noodles)

mcdonalds_saimin_set25.jpg

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

I love McDonald's fries. when my mum occasionally brings back McDonald's, the fries are like the main thing, with a burger on the side.

maybe they're just sh*t in America, i don't know.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

HEALTH FREAKS!!!! HEALTH FREAKS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Personally I quite enjoy their QP's and double cheeseburgers, but then I'm from Scotland - where deep fried Mars Bars and Scotch diluted milkshakes are considered a traditional Sunday breakfast.

• StormerBoy likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

McDonalds-burgers/foods do taste good at least here in Finland. I prefer Subway though... ;)

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by uzi 9mm, 13 November 2013 - 06:15 PM.

McDonalds is sh*t because you're supposed to feel good after a big meal, you know when you're stuffed after you've eaten a really good roast dinner with properly done potatoes and a good bit of beef with nice Yorkshire puddings and fresh vegetables, you know, good food, you can stuff yourself and feel good after. 

Stuff yourself with McDonalds and what you get is the exact opposite, you get phlegm in your throat (usually so thick that you can't even get the last bite down without some drink), you feel like you wish you hadn't have eaten it.

i still have it on the odd occasion, but I don't consider it a treat, I just have to be hungry and passing by, I usually get the limited edition burgers they have on offer usually.

• 727gta likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

This is my meal I get: Large double QP meal with Sprite and on rare occasions I might get 10 mc nuggets, on even rarer occasions i will get a chocolate sundae and an apple pie. :santa:  mc doubles are my second favourite $2 burgers.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

What about when they were advertising their fries as vegetarian but frying them in beef tallow? lol! Also when they were selling "halal" food to muslims that was not even halal. The place is just a disgusting shambles.

Exactly, not only is their food terrible and unhealthy, but they are also liars.

Ermac
  • Ermac

Black Spasmodic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

When I came back to the States after being in Italy for 2 years, (their MD's were crap compared to the US, or so I thought) I went to a McDonalds and ordered a double cheeseburger. I have no idea if they changed the way they make their food, or if my taste palate had changed, but I could literally feel how bad it was for me whilst eating it. Every swallow felt like I was downing nuclear waste or something. Don't even get me started about it's unpleasant exit a few hours later....

Anytime I'm with someone and their getting Mickey D's, I only get a soda and fries, or just abstain from getting anything at all.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

When did everyone start jumping on the McDonalds Sucks bandwagon? Not only on here, but among my peers, everyone claims that they will never step into a McDonalds again because their food is disgusting and whatnot. I for one love their food, and in fact had 3 meals there last week. Now don't get me wrong, I'm aware their food isn't healthy but sometimes I just can't resist a Quarter Pounder.

#UnpopularOpinions

• StormerBoy likes this

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:01 PM Edited by JOSEPH X, 13 November 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Grill your own burgers! Tastes a helluva lot better.

:^: :^: :^:

Take a 500g pack of lean minced beef, sprinkle it with salt & pepper, divide it into 4, then squidge it in your hands to mix the S&P in. Make each piece into a ball, then slap it between the palms of your hands to make a burger shape - it can't take more than a minute to make them.

How you cook them is how you make them tasty, and obviously a charcoal bbq is going to be the tastiest. That's not convenient for a quick burger fix, so the next best thing is a cast iron griddle pan, and I use one exactly like this

23295876_main_full.jpeg

Get it nice and hot, and depending on the thickness of your burger it can take upwards of a minute on each side. You could be eating tasty burgers within 5 minutes of coming home from the supermarket.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

We don't have many famous fast food places around here and I don't go there often (so I'm no expert), but I really like their food. I prefer eating a pizza (somewhere else) if I go out though (way more healthy).

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

Grill your own burgers! Tastes a helluva lot better.

:^: :^: :^:

Take a 500g pack of lean minced beef, sprinkle it with salt & pepper, divide it into 4, then squidge it in your hands to mix the S&P in. Make each piece into a ball, then slap it between the palms of your hands to make a burger shape - it can't take more than a minute to make them.

How you cook them is how you make them tasty, and obviously a charcoal bbq is going to be the tastiest. That's not convenient for a quick burger fix, so the next best thing is a cast iron griddle pan, and I use one exactly like this

23295876_main_full.jpeg

Get it nice and hot, and depending on the thickness of your burger it can take upwards of a minute on each side. You could be eating tasty burgers within 5 minutes of coming home from the supermarket.

billy-mays-cocaine.jpg

• Ermac and Lil ski like this

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

Grilling your own burger or getting one from a restaurant will always be superior to McDonald's, but people get McDonald's because it's quick and easy. You don't have to cook it yourself or wait at a restaurant. That's why McDonald's makes so much money, not because they have quality food. The only thing at McDonald's I actually like is the McRib. Other than that, I prefer basically any other fast food place.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

I actually stopped eating Mcdonnies a long time ago. 2yrs to be exact.. That stuff is awful.. a few buddies of mine work in a franchise. they have told some horrifying things about how they handle the food. I'm mean it is sanitary but, the quality of how they make the ingredients is something you would not want to hear and speak about when you're eating sheeple burgers. I actually prefer making homemade burgers and fries. Look trust me that stuff is not to be talked about. Plus MCD"s is some stereotype to Americans. Often when I pass though one, I often imagine fat ass americans(in general)  ready to have heart attack once they have one to many.  Im American by the way.  Its just my opinion. don't get offended. its an opinion.. Thanks.

JonnyVercetti
  • JonnyVercetti

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

What's up with you guys.

I love McDonald's. McDonald's rock.
  • StormerBoy likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Kids love the mcdonalds playground, gives me a excuse to go eat a big mac every or every other weekend. Me and the pals favor mcdonalds late night if we dont have enough for ihop.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

Grilling your own burger or getting one from a restaurant will always be superior to McDonald's, but people get McDonald's because it's quick and easy. You don't have to cook it yourself or wait at a restaurant. That's why McDonald's makes so much money, not because they have quality food. The only thing at McDonald's I actually like is the McRib. Other than that, I prefer basically any other fast food place.

If you picked up ground beef while you were at the store anyway it'd likely take more time to drive to a burger joint. As Joeseph X pointed out above it's fast and easy to make burgers.

Also, burgers (all beef really) taste better if they are less than well done. You can't order that at most fast food places.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

I actually stopped eating Mcdonnies a long time ago. 2yrs to be exact.. That stuff is awful.. a few buddies of mine work in a franchise. they have told some horrifying things about how they handle the food. I'm mean it is sanitary but, the quality of how they make the ingredients is something you would not want to hear and speak about when you're eating sheeple burgers.

I've worked in a kitchen and agree 100%.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

I've heard that may be dangerous to eat undercooked hamburgers. Other than that, overall, I prefer less than well done meat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users