Photo

Tips on finding good races?

8 replies to this topic
BrightonGTA
  • BrightonGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

...As in NOT Down the Drain / Criminal records?

There seem to be three options: 1) join random race - which 90% will take you to one of these two awfully boring tracks 2) select a specific track manually, which 95% of the time will leave you in your own lobby, or with only one another player at best 3) Start a random race in a busy lobby and hope that people join (and don't leave)

Are there any other ways or suggestions that I am missing? I really enjoy racing, but finding a decent race is a chore. Hope R* improves match making, or removes the RP incentive to race the worst tracks.

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

HOST. And be patient.

I love to start with the dock shipping yard race where you deliver cars to simeon.  Do coupes or motorcycles there.  Set it up with customs on and catchup off, send invites, and wait ten minutes or so until you get a few people.  Do the race, then move on to voting for another track like Commute or Route 66.  Throw in some sports classics or muscle or something like that, keep it fresh.  The way to keep people in your lobby is to switch it up so that they can use a rotation of their customs.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

My only tip is, pack a bong or bring a snack.  Because its gonna take a while.

Dumb ass grinders just play those brain dead race tracks all day long.  I've must have spent hours of GTA O time quitting race lobbies with Criminal Records/Down the Drain.

I really wish R* would let us block these tracks.  I for one am sick to f*ckin death of seeing these tracks.

If I could, id find everyone hosting these 1 lap tracks and power bomb their console into the toilet...lol

Just be relentless and keep quitting and joining until you find lobby that caters to what you  are looking for...  And then stick with the group.

OR find some like minded players and make your own lobbies.  This is the best way around it. As you can control everything including kicking out mindless race rammers.

Liquid7
  • Liquid7

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Join a crew. Apex Stalkers is good for PS3

Nivak
  • Nivak

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

I hear ya, OP.  First reply is spot on with his recommendations, although the key ingredient is patience.  

What I would really like to see would be the option of a paired down GTA4 style lobby/menu system for races.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

I love route 68.

You could go there and go to Join a race on the blue map icon beam thing.

M1chaelB22
  • M1chaelB22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

"In the Grove" is a nice point to point through the Grove with some nice turns and straightaways.  Really different when you toggle traffic on and off.  Pays decent as well.   With 2 players payouts were $6,770 and $,3700 while a full race of 8 players netted $13,000 for first.  Race completed in under 2 minutes. Beyond that after each race choose something from the random 6 that pop up and cycle through to find ones you like.  Thats how i found the "In the Grove" after getting bored with "Criminal Records".

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

People grind The Commute too which I find infinitely more bearable than CR or DTD.

It's funny when you play a race that's not one of the 3 overplayed tracks watching everyone miss turns.

Or... post on the finding people subforum here. I've found a few great people to race with by responding to ads there.

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:00 PM Edited by kABUSE, 12 November 2013 - 07:01 PM.

...As in NOT Down the Drain / Criminal records?

There seem to be three options: 1) join random race - which 90% will take you to one of these two awfully boring tracks 2) select a specific track manually, which 95% of the time will leave you in your own lobby, or with only one another player at best 3) Start a random race in a busy lobby and hope that people join (and don't leave)

Are there any other ways or suggestions that I am missing? I really enjoy racing, but finding a decent race is a chore. Hope R* improves match making, or removes the RP incentive to race the worst tracks.

Start with a full lobby, host a custom race. pick one that nobody is going to quit right after joining.

Leave all options to default but change to a very popular vehicle type (but no super). Oh and turn off rain. Like that you might get a full lobby if you try it often enough. But it will take a sh*tload of time. I always have my notebook standing in front of me during the entire time while I am playing GTAO. Its just too time consuming to wait for every single sh*t.

Also I love all you people who agreed that those 2 race tracks are the biggest sh*t on this planet.

And please dont give in. No matter what: QUIT the lobby when somebody is hosting these sh*t races. They might learn sooner or later. Dont give up!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users